International Simulation Football League
*Coaching change in San Jose - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Coaching change in San Jose (/showthread.php?tid=12419)

Pages: 1 2

*Coaching change in San Jose - ckroyal92 - 03-08-2019

As the sun sets on another season in San Jose following another heartbreaking loss in the ASFC title game at the hands of their in-state rival Orange County Otters, the SaberCats organization remains confident & optimistic about what's to come in the near future. However, with a certain degree of success comes the risk of other teams attempting to leech off of the administration who got them there. As a result, SaberCats GM Professor Chaos has called an impromptu press conference to address the rumors surrounding the franchise.

"Hello everyone. I'm not gonna waste your time by sugar coating the facts. I'm sure you've all heard the rumblings about the coaching carousel throughout the league & what that could potentially mean for our franchise.

As I'm sure you heard yesterday, our head coach, Icy Douglas, was poached by the Essellemm regime in Baltimore to serve as their co-GM alongside his former partner in Tijuana, Epictitus Milburn. Mr. Douglas did an incredible job as our head coach the last 2 seasons, but we certainly can't blame him for jumping at the chance to transition into a front office role, even if it is for a last place team, and we wish him the best moving forward.

Now onto new business. Mr. Douglas' departure creates an opening in our coaching staff & seeing as we were aware that this could potentially happen & everyone can be replaced, we've already got our replacements ready to go.

Without further ado, it gives me great pleasure to announce our new head coach...

JOHN CANTON @Sweetwater

After playing his entire 10 season career as a member of the SaberCats, Mr. Canton has served as the team's cornerbacks coach. Certainly, we're not gonna credit him alone for the franchise's turnaround, but there's no question that the team's secondary has been among the best in the league since he took the job & we are very excited to see what he can accomplish managing the whole squad.

Now, following the promotion of Mr. Canton, we have a job opening to fill. With that being said, our new cornerbacks coach will be...

TYLER OLES @`To12143`

Since retiring in Season 8, the former cornerback-turned-QB has taken some time away from football & even taken a stab at pitching in the PBE. He's recently decided to come back to football during the winter & we were very eager to grant him this opportunity to get back into the game.

Congratulations to our Mr. Canton & Mr. Oles on their new assignments, and thank you all for joining us today as we embark on a new chapter of SaberCats football"

*Coaching change in San Jose - YoungTB - 03-08-2019

Quote:As I'm sure you heard yesterday, our head coach, Icy Douglas, was poached by the Essellemm regime in Baltimore to serve as their co-GM alongside his former partner in Tijuana, Epictitus Milburn. Mr. Douglas did an incredible job as our head coach the last 2 seasons, but we certainly can't blame him for jumping at the chance to transition into a front office role, even if it is for a last place team, and we wish him the best moving forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KquFZYi6L0

*Coaching change in San Jose - iamslm22 - 03-08-2019

Damn. New low for the Hawks. The 0 playoff wins SaberCats taking shots at us for being in last place.

(note - we couldn't even tank right and wound up finishing in third)

*Coaching change in San Jose - PDXBaller - 03-08-2019

@`To12143`

[Image: thats-my-quarterback-5a9fb0.jpg]

*Coaching change in San Jose - iseedoug - 03-08-2019

Congrats! You have the right roster and coaches to keep the winning streak going.

As far as the last place hawks, i like a good comeback story.

*Coaching change in San Jose - BWIII - 03-08-2019

:shocked_pikachu:

*Coaching change in San Jose - ckroyal92 - 03-08-2019

(03-08-2019, 05:07 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:Damn. New low for the Hawks. The 0 playoff wins SaberCats taking shots at us for being in last place.

(note - we couldn't even tank right and wound up finishing in third)
Wow so original. I hear you're even using that in your FA pitches, so thanks for the shout out.

*Coaching change in San Jose - iamslm22 - 03-08-2019

(03-08-2019, 05:49 PM)ckroyal92 Wrote:Wow so original. I hear you're even using that in your FA pitches, so thanks for the shout out.

Whatever I used in my FA pitches I think it's safe to say it worked lol

*Coaching change in San Jose - DeathOnReddit - 03-08-2019

Ah yes the wildly successful Sabercats. Home to 0 playoff wins and copypastas about more successful players.

*Coaching change in San Jose - YoungTB - 03-08-2019

(03-08-2019, 06:22 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:Whatever I used in my FA pitches I think it's safe to say it worked lol