International Simulation Football League
(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S15) - PT4 - Gaming (/showthread.php?tid=13633)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - Bigred1580 - 06-03-2019

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. All graphic responses must show at least some effort. Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S15 claim thread. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit.

This task is due next Sunday, June 9th, at 11:59 EST. Have fun and get writing!

Written Option: We all know NSFL players have plenty of downtime when they aren’t lifting, practicing, watching film, and playing. The best way to wind down is a good video game. Talk about your players favorite game or games to unwind with, or who they play with.

Or

Graphic Option: Show your player as a famous video game character. Must show legitimate effort.

Reminder, Graphic Options are unable to be submitted for GFX grades. It is either one or the other.

As always, you can link your affiliate PT:
SHL,
GOMHL,
PBE

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - Raven - 06-03-2019

Yaaas

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - Eco - 06-03-2019

Oh boy where should I start? I used play video games a lot! It was like a full time job for me, at least 8 hours every single day. I still remember the Vanilla WoW days where I would queue Warsong Gulch all day long. I would team up with my Warlord Orc Warrior friend, heal him with my Tauren Shaman and watch him obliterate some Alliance scum. The struggle for High Warlord was real! I also remember the days where I ganked miners and haulers in high security space of Eve Online. I would jump up in my Catalyst which was worth 10M and gank haulers that worth 10B!

I miss those days where I didn't have to practice so hard to be relevant in football. I can only play games for a couple hours a week these days. I love sitting on my couch after a long day and just play to relax. My go to game right now is Path of Exile. It started as a "Diablo clone" but it is something else right now. There are so many viable build options to chose from compared to Diablo 3 and the endless maps are just amazing. And the best part is, it is on PS4 now so I don't have to get out of my couch to play it!

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - slothfacekilla - 06-03-2019

Code:
200 Words: Written Option: We all know NSFL players have plenty of downtime when they aren’t lifting, practicing, watching film, and playing. The best way to wind down is a good video game. Talk about your players favorite game or games to unwind with, or who they play with.

I definitely use video games to wind down when I'm not on the field or in the weight room. These days I'm mostly playing Overwatch with some other friends I have across the league. Sometimes I'll dabble in competitive, but mostly I just want to screw around in quick play or the arcade as a way to unwind. I don't need to be hyper competitive off the field too. Also it doesn't help that I am stuck in ELO hell in Silver, but we don't have to talk about that.

Sometimes I will play a little Apex Legends, but I haven't jumped on that in a while. I was a bit disappointed in their battle pass, plus I'm kind of shit at battle royal / shooters in general these days. I usually play the healer so I can at least help my team in some way. I tried Fortnite but could never really get into it. Sometimes my friends from back home try to get me to play again but I largely resist joining them.

Otherwise I mostly play the NHL video game with my brother who plays in the SHL. We play on a digital team together and I am terrible at it, but it is fun to hang out with my bro. Sometimes I'll jump on Diablo 3 if I'm not feeling like playing with other people, or the classic Starcraft. I don't play much Black OPs, but I'm excited for the new Modern Warfare game.

Maybe I spend too much time playing video games...

256 words

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - CalvinP - 06-03-2019

PH

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - Rradum - 06-03-2019

Recently a lot of my downtime has been going towards playing the deep space strategy game Stellaris, and the rocket car soccer game Rocket League. Stellaris is in depth and keeps my brain working with strategic insight and colony building. There's political intrigue, population building, wars with other alien species and more. There's so much to do in this game that you're always learning and as nerdy as it sounds, it's fun to be able to use what you learn and see results. Taking over a galaxy has never been so damn fun. Rocket League is my go to time killer. I've put so much time into that game it's insane. 5 minute games go by in a flash and you look at the clock and somehow 3 hours have gone by. It's nonstop fun that never gets old. Football isn't the only sport I love. I love to watch E-sports for Rocket League. Seeing how insanely good those players are makes me feel like I'm in the DSFL again watching NSFL games. Flying through the air and making ridiculous plays happen, it's like they're dancing in the stadium. Everything is so in sync. Not the band. But anyway, I love games of all kinds and honestly I have an Xbox hooked up in front of my treadmill so I can train and play at the same time.

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - Leafs4ever - 06-03-2019

Almost every athlete out there is into gaming. There's so many options out there, there's literally something for everyone. Gaming is pretty big in the SaberCats locker room and I've been known to dabble from time to time. One of my favourite games to play right now is NHL 19. We get a lot of EASHL games in, trying to move up into the top league. Myself, Sackerman, Oles, and Poopsie are the ones to usually hold the fort down in that regard. We also enjoy killing time playing some HOTS (Heroes of the Storm). I'm not good at that game though, so I'm mostly just there to kill time.

When I'm by myself trying to wind down, I usually move to the Nintendo Switch. I love that system. The portability is huge as an athlete who is on the road a lot. Super Smash Bros is a great time killer game. It's still one of the most fun games you can play. Lately, I've been playing Breath of the Wild. I know I'm late to the game there, but it really is a stunning game, visually, and a fantastic game in the Zelda universe.

Gaming is huge in the sports world and it's definitely the best way to wind down after games and practices. It's also great for camaraderie between teammates.

(222 words)

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - TeyonSchavari - 06-03-2019

Video games have been a great stress reliever for my entire life. I've always loved video games, and I would play everything from Madden to Call of Duty to Mario Kart and so on. These titles hold some of my fondest childhood memories, and they continue to hold my interest after all of these years. In the rare moments I get free time, playing video games is my go-to activity.

A lot of people might not know this, but I'm a huge Star Wars nerd. It is one of my favorite movie franchises ever behind the Marvel movies. Because of this, I used to play all of the Star Wars games, including the original Battlefront games. So, when EA launched a reboot of that series, I was very skeptical. I played the first of the new Battlefronts and wasn't a huge fan. So when the new Battlefront 2 came out, I didn't buy it at first especially after seeing a lot of negativity surrounding it. However, I picked it up on sale recently, and I'm sure glad I did. I'm addicted, and can't get enough of playing as my favorite heroes and villains from the series. I'm having such a great time with it, so it has made a fine addition to my collection.

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - flyeaglesfly29 - 06-03-2019

Pt Pass

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - ValorX77 - 06-03-2019

Oh hello there, you’ve come to talk about my favorite video games? Where do I start, oh, When I was only 9, I remember playing ESPN NSFL 2K ‘16, and I frequently played as the Wraiths and using Dermot Lavelle to intercept every single Orange County, Baltimore, and, New Orleans. Another game I remember is Football Fighters, It’s basically like Mortal Kombat but better, with your favorite players, Like Sunnycursed, and his ability Orange County Legacy, or My ability, Copypasta ShitPost, so over powered, it crashed the game in the very early versions. Another game I like is Grand Theft Football 3: Curse of Canada. In this game, you play the role of a Yellowknife Wraiths player, who just unretired from the NSFL, and you’ve just signed a 4 year deal with the Wraiths, and HO has hired mercenaries to kill you, and the most famous line is, “Ah shit, here we go again”. During the game, you’re forced to stay with Ryan Leaf Jr, but if you disobey his orders he forces you to drink his secret stuff, and then your game ends in failure. These are just some of my favorite games played by me and some of the other Wraiths players.
(205 words)