International Simulation Football League
(S2) - Weekend PT #2 - Rookies first practice - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S2) - Weekend PT #2 - Rookies first practice (/showthread.php?tid=2498)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

(S2) - Weekend PT #2 - Rookies first practice - Admin - 07-22-2017

This PT will run for the weekend only.

The new rookies are here and everyone is excited about them! They could be the difference makers and hold the hopes and dreams of a franchises season.

Your Task:
Written: Talk about the teams first practice with the new rookies. You may focus on a single rookie or multiple ones. Must be at least 200 words

Or

Grafx: The media gets excited for rookies too. Create a newspaper article showing the new rookies at practice

Gain
2 TPE for completing the task in full

Deadline: Sunday night, 11:59PM PST

(S2) - Weekend PT #2 - Rookies first practice - TheRealBK - 07-22-2017

The first practice in San Jose was an exciting day for many of us rookies, myself included. It was a day where we finally met our veteran teammates and had the chance to really know what they're like. San Jose, as a city itself, is so warm. Almost the perfect weather for football, especially without the pads.

I think the veterans were more excited with the first two picks, Jordan Yates and Vinny Sharpei. Those two are going to be immediate impacts to the stability of our offense, guaranteed. For some of us, including myself, it was a little bit more different, because we're not guaranteed starting spots. I feel like I'll have the hardest battle, trying to fight for time with Ethan Hunt. They brought him in last season for a reason - I don't expect to beat him right away, but I'll be coming for his spot soon enough.

Speaking of Ethan, he stayed fairly distant from me, and the whole team as a matter of fact. I think the whole thing involving him not really wanting to play in San Jose has really hit a mark with some of the other players. I saw that some of the defensive guys would hit him a little bit harder, give him a bigger bump than most. I just need to bide my time, and I could be seeing some time at some point.

The team is looking good overall, and we have some high hopes heading into the season. I can't wait to see what this team looks like come Week 1.

(S2) - Weekend PT #2 - Rookies first practice - Dangles13 - 07-22-2017

Training Day was a fantastic movie... wait that's not what I'm supposed to talk about. Training camp just got underway and it was the first one for us rookies and man was it tough. Nothing really prepares you for working out with seasoned veterans, you might think you are strong or fast but when you come across someone who has been doing it for a few seasons they really put you in your place. Bork Björnsson and Dermot Lavelle seemed to be the most comfortable during drills and are showing their capacity for leadership. Kevin Cushing and myself share notes each day and we're pushing ourselves to get to that next level and we will be good for each other, motivating the other to get there. Reyes and Chunk were part of our little group early on but they we pulled away by coaches, there are rumours that they might be getting put into different positions because of their versatility. I mentioned I could try to help out if they needed but I think they like me at safety too much and I'm fine with that. One of the biggest surprises was one of our rookie running backs just up and retired, Domantas Sabonis said pro football was not what he wanted to do. I can't believe he would throw an opportunity away like that, I know some dudes on the streets of Philly that would kill for that chance, maybe I should give them a call...

(S2) - Weekend PT #2 - Rookies first practice - Admin - 07-22-2017

The first time I saw Chris Orosz throw a fade to Darren Smallwood I knew we had a big time weapon on our hands. It was the very first practice of training camp and I immediately saw that  Darren Smallwood is a monster. A 6'5", shredded muscle bound monster. He was one on one with Henri Rivere and he boxed out Rivere like he was a small child. It looked effortless seeing Smallwood go up and get that ball and was something that can't be taught. He isn't a perfect receiver by any means, he has to work on his open field ability and refine his route running, but things like his end zone talent cannot be taught and will be a big time target for us this season. I can't wait to see what Darren Smallwood develops into by the end of the season. You can tell the rest of the offense is excited too. Orosz is gonna love throwing to him, Nuck is going to love running against less defenders in the box, and Orosz is gonna love having another weapon to throw to. The buzz in the air is exciting around Yellowknife right now and the team is planning to ride that high all season.

208 words

(S2) - Weekend PT #2 - Rookies first practice - Darnellthebeast - 07-22-2017

As the season 2 preseason begins, the Baltimore Hawks have begun practice. So far, their attendance has been fantastic with nearly all rookies attending both training and rookie camp and seeing immediate improvements. Some players have begun to show that they have real potential to be stars in the National Simulation Football League, especially Darnell Turner and Brokk Lee, the ninth and tenth picks of the draft. Turner, a cornerback, has looked great thusfar. He is the number two cornerback on the team behind Delacour but's already performing like a cb1. Kyubee has to be very careful when throwing in his area as Turner has already managed to pick off a few passes. Brokk Lee has also performed great on the offensive line. In two scrimmages, he's gotten ten pancakes while allowing no sacks. He's shown that he's able to keep up with starting defensive tackles, despite only being in the league for a few days. The potential for both of these players is tremendous and you should expect both of these players to show out in the preseason. They both have the potential to help turn the 4-10 Hawks into a team that can contend for the Ultimus cup.
Words: 200

(S2) - Weekend PT #2 - Rookies first practice - 4D Chess - 07-22-2017

When the alarm went off on Monday morning at 4:45, C.A. Chess awoke with a hangover. This isn't how he imagined his first practice in the NSFL, but when a few of the veterans on the Outlaws asked him to go grab a few drinks he simply couldn't say no. One piece of the NSFL puzzle that has absolutely shocked Chess is the welcoming environment of the Arizona locker room, and the top notch amenities the team offers their players to ensure they are always fully trained and ready to take on the day.

But today, today was the first practice. And Chess shrugged off the hangover headache and hit the field, he arrived five minutes early. Other rookies warned him about the hazing process he may go through, but like most stupid things the Outlaws simply had no place for archaic hazing within their organization. Chess was welcomed with open arms into the fold, and hit the practice field showing remarkably little signs of the injury that caused him to drop from a projected top 15 pick to number 32. While outsiders in the media and other rookie wideouts have been taking their shots at Chester Albert Chess, he remains stoically focused on his training regimen implemented by his GM. "Though it has become sort of a cliche I suppose, I really do like what Joel Embiid says about trusting the process. I realize that I'm joining the world champs and I'm but a rookie so I'm going to listen to what they have to say so I'm 100% ready on Week 1. I am so god damn amped about joining the Outlaws I could run through a fucking wall right now." Luckily for the potty-mouthed Chess he has signed his first contract, and will have money to pay the fines associated with his rampant profanity.

As the sun rises in the dry Southwest you can hear the rookie from Flint shout to one of the ball boys "Jesus Fucking Christ we don't get heat like this in Mid-Michigan. I can feel my god damn balls sticking to my jeans, brother. Shit their getting stuck in my bung a little bit, man I'm gonna need to get used to this."

Word count: 372

(S2) - Weekend PT #2 - Rookies first practice - jordan327 - 07-22-2017

Some of the most entertaining football in the last week has come from the practice field in San Jose. Recent offensive lineman pickups Vincent Sharpei along with Jordan Yates have been battling it out with defensive end Enchilada Charlton. The first and second round picks have been working together on some double team drills, while Charlton has to work on breaking past two blockers. As expected, the offensive linemen generally emerged surperior, but not all the time; Charlton has managed to escape the two multiple times, receiving much praise from coaches. Coaches have been very impressed with all three rookies, saying that they'll all be immediate starters. While this Sabercat team is young, they have a trio of rising stars that can bring them victory. Another potential rising star for the Sabercats is Xaiver Newman. Newman was the fourth round pick for the Sabercats and has already shown he was worth the pick. He's been locking down receivers right and left, with only two catches allowed in practice thus far. He has the potential to end up as a top cornerback in the league. The San Jose Sabercats are beginning to emerge as a front runner for the Ultimus next season with all the great rookies they picked up.
Words: 209

(S2) - Weekend PT #2 - Rookies first practice - Den_Tex_Mix2 - 07-22-2017

When Asked about how his first training camp was going, Luke Washington responded with-

"For Rookies, Training camp is the start of the next stage of their life. A new city, culture, teammates, coaches, management, and league to play in, it can be overwhelming to handle all the changes that is thrown their way. But for us, the Philadelphia Liberty, its the entire team that gets to bond over the new experiences that have been given to us. It's a nice feeling to know that everyone of your teammates are in the same position as you, it brings us even closer, it feels like we can grow something special here. It also helps that the city of Philadelphia has brought us in with open arms, they see the potential that we have and are excited to see what we can do. I have seen my fair share of the passion that Philadelphia fans can bring and I can't wait to see that transfer over to our first home game. In the end, its just football and I can't wait to cash in the practice, the training, the stress, the pain in on game day and start to have fun and win with my team! Go Liberty"

The Liberty will get to face the Otters to start their first season.

(219 words)

(S2) - Weekend PT #2 - Rookies first practice - Oles - 07-22-2017

Written: Talk about the teams first practice with the new rookies. You may focus on a single rookie or multiple ones.

As a rookie myself, part of a team that has yet to play a snap in the league, it was an interesting first practice for the Philadelphia Liberty. Most teams already know their packages going into the season, they already have a good idea for the rosters and where the rookies will play. This is not the same for a team that is in its first season and is trying to build a contender right out of the gate. As the top drafted CB it was immediately placed upon me to be a leader of the CB crew, a group compiled of rookies like myself. This was an interesting scenario, as it was immediately expected of me to lead the pack, and help others if I noticed something that the defensive coaches did not, while they were working with the plethora of other rookies, all in the same scenario of having to learn on the fly. It’s been a bit of a challenge learning a new system, while everyone else, including the coaches, are learning this new system as well. It was certainly an interesting, and challenging first practice, but it was great to get on the field and start working toward the ultimate goal of the Ultimus trophy.

(209 words)

(S2) - Weekend PT #2 - Rookies first practice - Stormblessed - 07-22-2017

Our rookie class was devoid of first rounds picks but it most certainly wasn't devoid of talented young players. We got a new crop of reinforcements on our offensive skill positions - including a new face at wide receiver.

But the crown jewel of our rookie class actually came through a trade. We shipped off a spare part in exchange for the premier running back in this year's class, Ardie Savea.

As soon as he stepped onto our practice field and onto those intertwining white lines I knew he had "it". To a casual observer, teams are either running teams or passing teams. To a more nuanced observer of the game, and yes, to the players themselves - the running game enhances the passing game and vice versa.

There is no doubt that the Las Vegas Legion are going to be a heavy volume passing attack. By luring the talented Josh Bercovici and pairing him with the uber skilled wide-out Stormblessed - they will chuck it over the yard.

But having a player like Ardie Savea to draw in the safety's and take a modicum of attention away from the passing attack might create just the opening for a long house call.

Savea drew rave reviews from the outspoken WR Stormblessed "that kid can ball man, let me tell you. He ran away from our secondary and that's not easy to do. I'm glad he's in Vegas and not lining up in those puke colors of the Otters."

245 words