International Simulation Football League
(S4) - Weekend PT #2 - Old School Football - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S4) - Weekend PT #2 - Old School Football (/showthread.php?tid=5871)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

(S4) - Weekend PT #2 - Old School Football - Admin - 11-04-2017

This PT will run for the weekend only.

Your Task:
Written: Must be at least 200 words, Tell everyone what your player would be like if he was playing in a different era of football. How would they perform? Would they be a different position?

Or

Grafx: Create a throwback style poster for your player if they had played in a different era.

Gain
2 TPE for completing the task in full

Deadline: Sunday night, 11:59PM PST

(S4) - Weekend PT #2 - Old School Football - automatic - 11-04-2017

Clegane in the Old Days of Football:

This is a difficult question for the old days of football. Modern scientific research has revealed the important benefits of nutritional research, weight training, and body chemistry. All these significant benefits which athletes enjoy today cannot imagine in the past. With all this said, none of these changes account for a three hundred and fifty five pounds of defensive tackle. You can do all the sleds you like, you cannot push three hundred and fifty five pounds of dead weight, especially when this is pushing back at you with approximately ninety five strength against you.

The real question this poses is: when the linemen of the day weighted only two hundred and fifty pounds, what chance would they stand against a behemoth would can cut them down like saplings in a forest? Well the answer here is likely no one could stand against it. Linebackers would become linemen, secondary would become linebackers, everything would have likely shifted down to their lower weight requirements. Therefore, the entire game should become quicker, faster, and more agile. Today's football game is so built on power it allows the quicker, faster players such as receivers to expose the foundational flaws in such a game. Today, with the lack of power running games, this style seems archaic.

words: 219

(S4) - Weekend PT #2 - Old School Football - kckolbe - 11-04-2017

It’s definitely exciting to imagine Cushing playing in a different era of football. For example, let’s imagine he played in the 1940s. Given the rate of inflation, I would have only needed 11.5 1940 words to equal 200 today, so this PT should already be done. We both know that won’t work, though. Like, we beat the Nazis, but…fucking Nazis, ya know?

Another perk of seeing Cushing in that era was that SO many athletes went off to war, leaving pretty slim pickings to play against. And remember, this was pre-black people (no black football players until 1946), too, so already the level of athleticism was a bit lower, now send some of them out of the country and you have some Hall of Fame seasons just being handed to you. Cushing would have likely been something of a villain back then, known as he is for his loud-mouthed behavior. He still would have played at defensive back, but as wide receiver as well, following up a shut down performance with going on offense and catching over the defender who couldn’t catch against him. I don’t know how many deaths we had in World War II, but there probably would have been a couple more suicides on top of that. Probably for the best that he plays now.

(S4) - Weekend PT #2 - Old School Football - Bwestfield - 11-04-2017

Back in a different era eh? I feel like my player would do well in the 1920’s. Players would wear little to no protection. A leather helmet adorned their skull. It would probably only protect for bleeding and maybe the occasional fracture. The uniforms definitely leave something to be desired. Mostly brown and other neutral colors would be the wardrobe of choice. The sole reason for me choosing the 1920’s is simply because of the mustache. I feel as though my player would have a giant mustache of biblical proportions. One of those curly ones. He would pull on it and like a spring it would pop back into place. As far as my skill level goes I could not be who I am today, that would just not be fair. I would definitely be lighter but perhaps it would allow me to jump higher, you never know. I feel like I would definitely be rock solid though. Still performing better than two thirds of the competition. In today’s NSFL I am able to outperform and outclass the competition. I plan on making that something I do yearly. Will it happen all the time? Of course not. But you will never see me just fall apart or not have a good year. I may move teams in the future and I may have a different quarterback but I will always perform to what is expected of me.

(S4) - Weekend PT #2 - Old School Football - Daybe - 11-04-2017

In the 90's, Brice Boggs would be widely regarded as one of the most feared CBs in the league.

He doesn't blow anyone away by his speed. But he's fast enough to stick with some of the best in the game.

He doesn't have the shiftiest feet in the league. But he can handle a complicated route and stop the pass.

Where he really scares wide receivers is his antics.

Standing at 6'3, he's already a tall cornerback to deal with, but he makes himself look bigger by wearing shoes with thick soles, but not thick enough to harm his game. He also would love to talk trash; there's nothing like some healthy trash talk to intimidate your enemy.

He'd also play a bit dirty, for example, if there weren't any refs near him, he would bump a receiver after five yards, and "accidentally" hit him as he was stepping out of bounds.

But the scariest thing about him would be him playing strong safety. Boggs is versatile, and has great tackling ability for a defensive back. Occasionally, he'd get slotted in on safety. On vertical throws, he'd assist in coverage, by waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike, and to lay a big hit to the receiver as he is simultaneously going for the football.

(S4) - Weekend PT #2 - Old School Football - Beaver - 11-04-2017

[Image: 90QXYPw.png]

(S4) - Weekend PT #2 - Old School Football - Lendoris - 11-04-2017

The Year 3042, the sport lower extremity of the leg ball. It's time for another episode of the most exciting game in the Milky Way. An era of football like no other. The Sol System Strikers will be facing off against the Alpha Centauri A-ss kickers. The Lemon flavored and shaped ball is kicked through the hyper-cosmic loops in the middle of the field by the Strikers on the opening kickoff. The ball passed through all loops so that's an automatic -0.7 points for the A-ss kickers. Calkewlated Chambers the 34th lines up at the defensive-beginning position. The A-ss kicker's center snaps the ball by giving it a good lick. The HalF-dollar back drops back, his offensive wall shattering around him. What's this? He uses his hologram ability. Now there are two hf-backs on the field. Cal the 34th sees right through his ploy. The offensive line leader decides to use instant barricade to keep the oncoming slaughter at bay. Using an ancient "Nintendo power glove" a laser guided mini-missile is released from Cal the 34th's hand. The missile sails through the air destroying one of the barricades. He flies over the crumbling wreckage and targets the hf-back, Completely ignoring the obvious hologram running in the opposite direction. It's over, the hf-back knows he's doomed. In a last ditch effort he tries to bite the lemon ball in half, thus destroying any chance of a fumble recovery. As his teeth come baring down on the lemon ball, Cal the 34ths Nintendo glove jerks at the hf-backs shoulder. The ball rolls out and is in the open field. We all know what happens next.

A different era of football.

Word Count: 280

(S4) - Weekend PT #2 - Old School Football - iamslm22 - 11-04-2017

Avon Blocksdale has already had two different iterations. As a big O Linemen he obviously would have fit in old school very well. As a quarterback it's harder to say. Back in the old school before the forward pass the QB did not have to throw the ball very far. Avon's currents strengths are his intelligence and accuracy, and back in the day those traits did not matter all that much. You had QBs who could play both ways or were fast and good in the option offense. Avon is currently not the fastest or most athletic quarterback in the league.

If Old School were to talk about the 1960s Avon certainly would star. He has an arm and accuracy that would make him an all timer back in the day. Avon would have gone down in history with guys like Johnny Unitas, Y A Title, Joe Namath and other 1960s QBs who are in the hall of fame.

Another thing that would help Avon in the old school is how tough he is. There haven't been many players in the NFL or NSFL who have had the ability to play both OL and QB and Avon (along side Mat Akselsen and Wallace Stone) is a true gem of a player with incredible toughness.

(S4) - Weekend PT #2 - Old School Football - SwagSloth - 11-04-2017

[Image: ekpt_oldschool.jpg]

(S4) - Weekend PT #2 - Old School Football - sapp2013 - 11-04-2017

[Image: Zz7JvYD.png?1]