International Simulation Football League
*Meanwhile, in Colorado... - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Meanwhile, in Colorado... (/showthread.php?tid=9840)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

*Meanwhile, in Colorado... - Daybe - 08-10-2018

It seems perfect in Colorado right now. They just went 8-6, coming off a stunning upset of the Yellowknife Wraiths to secure playoff birth for the first time in seven seasons for the Yeti. But that may not be the case. After all, success relies on multiple factors: Locker room chemistry, front office competence, and talent of their roster.

Ryan Applehort's agent, Daybe, has gotten close to the Head Office, and Applehort has been disappointed in some Yeti FO management decisions as of the past year. Some of them include:

1. Not signing Josh Garden in free agency. Garden was available for a minimum contract, and would be a great addition to the squad, making a good #2 WR right away. However, the Yeti HO waited too long to pull the trigger, and he went to the Hawks instead, who eventually traded him to Philly for a late draft pick swap.

2. Missing out on all relevant free agents last season. The Yeti talked with Alexandre LeClair, Dermot Lavelle, and Carlito Crush, but could not acquire a single one. They DIDN'T talk to numerous other big names, such as Jayce Tuck, Mayran Jackson, Wallace Stone, and Jonathan King. Their "big splash" of the offseason was re-signing Brian Wheat, a loyal team player, but one who does not move the needle very much.

3. The GM situation with TheMemeMaestro should've been handled much earlier. Daybe agencies had dealt with him in the past, as Jon Gruden was once the Yeti co-GM, who eventually resigned, citing a burdensome workload and a lack of progress in the right direction. Frankly, it wasn't surprising, and most of the league already knew about it, but Meme wasn't completing the GM duties to his utmost ability and chose to prioritize the SBA over the NSFL.

4. The Yeti have missed out on quite a few picks in recent years because they aren't picking #1. #1 is a easy choice to make, generally you have your guy set in stone, and you can feel good about it. But the Yeti whiffed on three consecutive first round picks in S7, failing to point out some of the red flags. Generally, users who only partake in one league are more likely to go inactive, as they don't have something that keeps them coming back. This isn't always the case, but three straight picks? It's unbelievable! Their head GM scared off Mason Brown, who will likely earn more TPE than Mark Grau, Desta Danger, and Ryan LeFevre COMBINED. They failed to make a splash for any of the other "Big Three" prospects in the draft in Miller, L'Alto, and Fyodorovich, the last two would have been excellent need picks anyway, and instead got Mark Grau and Ryan LeFevre, two inactives for the LB of the year. They gave up a good deal of assets to move up to #7 in the S9 draft, only to end up with one probable bust and another one who hasn't posted in three weeks.

5. Despite the Meme firing, the FO is still failing to meet Applehort's expectations. Yeti GM Supersquare hasn't posted for ten days, hasn't updated in two weeks, and Dwayne Aaron doesn't appear to be a serviceable WR2 for a championship team as of right now unless he gets into shape. When he recommended a player to draft in the S10 draft, he was quickly shot down and received one response.

6. The Yeti have a clear inability to stack assets. Whether it be through the draft, making smart trades, or free agency signings, they still haven't found a way to consistently pull in talent like the Hawks and the Second Line have. Hell, the Hawks have four active pass catchers on the roster, and have two more in the DSFL. I counted 13 actives out of 21 players on the Second Line roster, and it's closer to 13/17 if you take out retired players. To put it in perspective, the Yeti WRs are at 700 TPE (Active), 550 TPE (Barely Active), 280 TPE (Semi-Active), 200 TPE (Inactive). NOLA has 900 TPE (Active), 815 TPE (Inactive), 700 TPE (Active), 650 TPE (Active), 600 TPE (Active). That's a big difference, and the Yeti are virtually dry on picks in this year's draft and next year (besides a probably late first).

I know I can't put all the blame on the GMs, but man, is this roster built to win in one year or two? Or even three. I don't. They're going to get swamped by Baltimore this year. They're going to lose to Baltimore next year. Maybe they go to the Ultimus the year after and lose to the Second Line.

I just want to end this by saying as much as I love the Yeti, nothing is a given. We don't know if they're going to be the next dynasty. We don't know if they're ready to compete in big games. There's some bright spots for sure. I've enjoyed my time playing with everyone. But the team as a whole, we need to get our shit together.

*Meanwhile, in Colorado... - Muford - 08-10-2018

you forgot about Darren Smallwood

*Meanwhile, in Colorado... - iamslm22 - 08-10-2018

Thanks for the compliments man. That S7 draft is really brutal to look back. So many picks and so many IAs. Yikes.

*Meanwhile, in Colorado... - iamslm22 - 08-10-2018

(08-10-2018, 01:56 PM)Muford Wrote:you forgot about Darren Smallwood

LOL yea I forgot that. We legit had barely any room for Smallwood and STILL tried super hard to get him. Jesus.

*Meanwhile, in Colorado... - Muford - 08-10-2018

(08-10-2018, 01:05 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:LOL yea I forgot that. We legit had barely any room for Smallwood and STILL tried super hard to get him. Jesus.

I meant Colorado :eyes:

*Meanwhile, in Colorado... - tlk742 - 08-10-2018

(08-10-2018, 02:05 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:LOL yea I forgot that. We legit had barely any room for Smallwood and STILL tried super hard to get him. Jesus.
I think he's talking about the Yeti...

But real talk, @Daybe this is actually a solid writeup, and I think the Yeti future does look bright and think with some really solid leadership they can be a force.

*Meanwhile, in Colorado... - Daybe - 08-10-2018

(08-10-2018, 12:12 PM)tlk742 Wrote:I think he's talking about the Yeti...

But real talk, @Daybe this is actually a solid writeup, and I think the Yeti future does look bright and think with some really solid leadership they can be a force.

i second this

*Meanwhile, in Colorado... - bovovovo - 08-10-2018

(08-10-2018, 01:56 PM)Muford Wrote:you forgot about Darren Smallwood

Never forget

[Image: image.png]

*Meanwhile, in Colorado... - Bzerkap - 08-10-2018

@Daybe you are a traitor and scum to the loyal Yeti! For years they have gotten by on a can do attitude and heart! Now here you go changing all that. Well I for one won't have it! I hereby call on all good members of this forum to admonish the user known as @Daybe with a good fashion ribbing. Good day sir!

Ryan Applehort more like Lying Crapplesnort amirite?

You just got ribbed son!

*Meanwhile, in Colorado... - kckolbe - 08-10-2018

Applehort showed this year that he can produce big with even mediocre weapons. If he's unhappy in Colorado, then you can bet Baltimore, Yellowknife and Philadelphia will start talking nice and sweet, because getting a good QB without a draft pick (not to mention those rough years of development) could mean an instant turnaround (or in Baltimore's case, no break from Ultimus contention).

When does Applehort become an FA? @Daybe