International Simulation Football League
PTs / TPE gains - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: PTs / TPE gains (/showthread.php?tid=1129)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

PTs / TPE gains - Symmetrik - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 08:08 PM)BenLongshaw Wrote:Following on from my last comment, here's my idea:
  • [/li]
  • Every position has a set maximum age
  • The TPE earning opportunities should be structured so that people in that position can max out their player at 50-60% of that age
  • This target should be set based on people participating in all available TPE opportunities each week, but not necessarily getting 100%. It should be participation-based. But if you do well, you're 'elite' and max out slightly faster
  • You then play the remainder of your career as an elite player
  • Within a few seasons on your player's set retirement age, you should be allowed to create a new rookie, so that you don't go from maxed out straight to starting from scratch. It would make the transition more fun and less of a shock. You could have story lines like a father-son combo on the same team, etc.
With all that said, I think people who are truly devoted to the league and their player should have some sort of edge, just as the students of the game in real life who live and breathe the NFL outperform others. Nothing so much that it will deter the casual players, but enough to warrant people spending more time here and contributing more than the average member.

I mean that's basically how regression works. You can retire when you hit regression, but for those who really like their player and want a long career, they can, and aren't forced to retire wen their player is still elite.

PTs / TPE gains - Admin - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 05:13 PM)Symmetrik Wrote:I mean that's basically how regression works. You can retire when you hit regression, but for those who really like their player and want a long career, they can, and aren't forced to retire wen their player is still elite.
Exactly. Players can be elite well into regression. You don't suddenly suck because of it. Two seasons I to Regression in SHL and I'm still basically a maxed out build. @`BenLongshaw`

PTs / TPE gains - Anti-Hype - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 07:08 PM)BenLongshaw Wrote:Following on from my last comment, here's my idea:
  • [/li]
  • Every position has a set maximum age
  • The TPE earning opportunities should be structured so that people in that position can max out their player at 50-60% of that age
  • This target should be set based on people participating in all available TPE opportunities each week, but not necessarily getting 100%. It should be participation-based. But if you do well, you're 'elite' and max out slightly faster
  • You then play the remainder of your career as an elite player
  • Within a few seasons on your player's set retirement age, you should be allowed to create a new rookie, so that you don't go from maxed out straight to starting from scratch. It would make the transition more fun and less of a shock. You could have story lines like a father-son combo on the same team, etc.
With all that said, I think people who are truly devoted to the league and their player should have some sort of edge, just as the students of the game in real life who live and breathe the NFL outperform others. Nothing so much that it will deter the casual players, but enough to warrant people spending more time here and contributing more than the average member.

Idk that sounds like easy mode to me. I like regression, like in life you gotta try to fight it Tongue

PTs / TPE gains - dropbear - 06-09-2017

(06-10-2017, 10:24 AM)Anti-Hype Wrote:Idk that sounds like easy mode to me. I like regression, like in life you gotta try to fight it  Tongue

Well that's why I added the note about dedicated players having an edge. But a lot of the comments before this seem to suggest that casual players shouldn't be disadvantaged. I disagree, I think that they shouldn't be able to be elite, and elite contributors should be elite players. Then it's not easy, so to speak. Casual players should be able to be Daltons and dedicated members should be Bradys/Mannings.

@Ballerstorm is there a visible model for rate of regression?

(06-09-2017, 05:43 PM)BenLongshaw Wrote:Well that's why I added the note about dedicated players having an edge. But a lot of the comments before this seem to suggest that casual players shouldn't be disadvantaged. I disagree, I think that they shouldn't be able to be elite, and elite contributors should be elite players. Then it's not easy, so to speak. Casual players should be able to be Daltons and dedicated members should be Bradys/Mannings.

@Ballerstorm is there a visible model for rate of regression?
No, regression isn't set yet. Need to see how people develop over a few seasons first.

PTs / TPE gains - dropbear - 06-09-2017

(06-10-2017, 10:45 AM)Ballerstorm Wrote:No, regression isn't set yet. Need to see how people develop over a few seasons first.

OK, that makes sense. Honestly, I have no problem at all with the sim so far and am happy to keep going as is. But obviously that's not the case for everybody.

I think you're all doing a great job and I'm having a good time. But this is my first ever sim league, so whether everyone else has seen where things go wrong and have experience or are just jaded, I'm not sure. But I'm happy to keep on trucking for now.

Keep up the good work! :cheers:

PTs / TPE gains - Perkules - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 04:24 PM)Ballerstorm Wrote:Exactly. Players can be elite well into regression. You don't suddenly suck because of it. Two seasons I to Regression in SHL and I'm still basically a maxed out build. @`BenLongshaw`

But you still suck

(06-09-2017, 07:20 PM)Perkules Wrote:But you still suck
It's true

PTs / TPE gains - Aenir - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 09:48 PM)Ballerstorm Wrote:It's true
[Image: 2cdd379518e852b91680436aa47bd43ea78d8513...4f0742.jpg]

I can't keep up with jiggly gifs, but I can corner the market of pictures :ph34r:

PTs / TPE gains - NUCK - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 01:42 PM)Ballerstorm Wrote:@NUCK :ph34r:
I lost 3 members in a day, one was pay related for sure.

I think grader pay needs to be more before we think about raising submission pay.

If I can already make one submission worth the same as a season of grading. Why the fuck am I going to waist my time grading?

Grader pay should be enough that it entices someone to do it. Not raise the gain on submission to the point where it's pointless to have a job.