International Simulation Football League
(S14) Ultimus Week! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S14) Ultimus Week! (/showthread.php?tid=13069)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

(S14) Ultimus Week! - ScorpXCracker - 05-02-2019

Rivalry

I can confidently say the Pythons are the most arrogant, annoying team in the DSFL, and most likely NSFL. They always act like their losses are the sims fault, and never that they may have actually just been outplayed by a better team. But, on the rare occasion that they do beat you, if you try and blame the sim you're a poor sport. Them winning the ultimini this year was rough for me. Now you have to listen to them bragging and blabbering on for the offseason about how they're the best team in the league. Sure, they probably were, but that doesn't make them any more easy to deal with. I'm really banking on them not getting any send-downs this upcoming DSFL season. All their players, just like that, gone. It would be beautiful. I want them to be worse than the Coyotes. I know that's an almost impossible task, but one has to pray to the sim gods, and hope they hear your prayer of hatred. Maybe, just maybe they'll smite down the Pythons, and let the Norfolk reign begin. I think it's reasonable to believe that their team will get decimated by send downs. As much I hate to admit it, they've got a lot of great player, except for RDA5, he's a bum and will stay in the DSFL for the rest of his sad and miserable and career.

Trades

A really impactful trade that made a huge difference in our team was the trade for Ryan Leaf Jr. Ryan Leaf demanded a trade from the Kansas City Coyotes, after a lot of drama that ended up happening in the Kansas City locker room. Although we'll probably never know what happened in that locker room, it doesn't really matter. Before the trade, Ryan Leaf was a QB. That caused a lot of controversy for Kansas City, as they already had a mediocre QB in Rose Jenkins. The Norfolk SeaWolves ended up making a trade for Ryan Leaf. After a lot of negotiations, we agreed that Ryan Leaf would position switch to defensive line. This was huge for us, as our run defense was really lacking before we made the trade for Ryan Leaf. Ryan Leaf ended up making a huge impact for us he got a lot of tackles, with a considerable amount of those tackles being tackles for a loss. We got Ryan Leaf for pennies on the dollar. We gave Kansas city a 5th rounder, which i looking like it will be pretty useless, as there are not that many actives in this upcoming DSFl draft for them to draft.

Next year

Norfolk had a disappointing loss in this years playoffs. We lost in the first round to the Portland Pythons. Although it may have been seen as bitter end, we had a lot of promise for what we could do next year in the DSFL playoffs. We were an expansion team and we made the playoffs? That's amazing! Imagine us next year, but with send-downs. All those other teams had send downs to rely on, and we relied purely on the insane draft that we had. We've got a lot of great player who will only be getting better. I think it's Ultimini or bust for us next year. Especially considering that it might be the only season that we get the chance to win it, but we don't like to talk about that, we'll worry about that when the time comes. Our team is loaded, we have so much talent on the offensive side of the ball. And don't even get me started on how good our defense was the entirety of last season, they carried our defense through quite a many games last season. All in all, our team is stacked and we have a great shot at hoisting the Ultimini trophy next season.

Unsung Hero

I wholeheartedly believe that Forrest Gump, or TomHanks, was the unsung hero of this year's playoffs. Forrest in that game against San Antonio was unreal. It was one of the more dominating performances I've seen in my very limited time in the NSFL. HE took over that game and left no hostages. I believe that he had over 10 yard per carry, which is absolutely insane and mind boggling. To put that into context, the highest yards per carry this year in the DSFL was 5.7, by yours truly. 10 yards per carry in incredible. He had a 96 yard touchdown, that really put the pressure on San Antonio in that game. Forrest Gump looked unguardable throughout the entire game. He pu them into Marshall law. I know that Gump received a lot of love for this performance, but he did not win best performance, which was just disrespectful and makes him the unsung hero. I do not get how you could not give best performance to Gump. He single handedly beat what people were calling the greatest DSFL team of all time. People were saying that the Marshalls could beat the worst NSFL team, but Gump showed that he couldn't even beat the best team in the DSFL.