International Simulation Football League
S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! (/showthread.php?tid=16348)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - moonlight - 11-21-2019

3. All About the QBs

The Ultimus featured a matchup between old rivals Franklin Armstrong and Cooter Bigsby. While Armstrong was a pure pocket passer in DSFL and later transitioned back to his mobile QB style in his college days after getting his feet wet in the his rookie season, Cooter Bigsby had retained his old gunslinger style throughout his career so far. In fact this season was his best as he won his first NSFL regular season MVP after throwing 4398 yards, 31 TDs to 13 INTs with an overall 91.5 passer rating. Armstrong was let loose on the ground, becoming the leading rusher for the Otters this season with 754 rush yards and 9 rushing TDs. His passing numbers were efficient but not as gaudy as Cooter Bigsby’s this season, throwing 2868 yards, 18 TDs to 9 INTs with a 88.6 passer rating.

It was another virtuoso performance for Franklin Armstrong as he went home with the Ultimus Offensive MVP for the second straight season. Sadly Bigsby crumpled under the spotlight. Leading the 11-2 Yellowknife Wraiths into an Ultimus home game, he turned the ball over two times in a 16-10 loss. A painful one Cooter Bigsby and another moment of elation for Franklin Armstrong. This rivalry isn’t over yet!

Code:
207 words

15. Going to Disney Land

The Otters are once again Ultimus Champions. The Ultimus MVPs were the same as last season, with old Pythons friends and teammates Lanzer Grevious on defense and Franklin Armstrong as QB taking home the awards for the second straight season. They have played a lot of football together over the years as they were the S14 Portland Pythons who went home with the Ultimini. They are now S17 and S18 Ultimus champions together.

“When you’ve got a guy like Lanzer on defence, you always expect him to make the big play on defense. Especially when the game’s on the line. We were dead in the water against Norfolk in the S14 championship run and he got a pick 6 to tie the game for us”, said Armstrong in the midst of dodging a champagne shower in the Otters away locker room post game.

Lanzer had 8 tackles, 1 sack and 4 passes defended in last year’s Ultimus. In this year’s Ultimus he had 8 tackes yet again, this time with 2 sacks and 3 passes defended. Armstrong is no slouch in the Ultimus either as he put up a stat line of 16/26, 225 yards, 1 TD and a 102.4 passer rating in the game. All against the league’s best defense. A season before, he was 17/27, 287 yards yards, 3 TD passes, a 135.9 passer rating, along with another 48 yards and 1 rushing TD on the ground.

Lanzer and Armstrong intend to party hard in Disney land, well aware they are trying to match the Boss led Otters 10 years ago with a three peat.

Code:
267 words

12. Sit down with a star. Mack Arianlacher sat down with Franklin Armstrong (@moonlight) for a short interview post Ultimus.

1. How have you liked the DSFL so far?

The DSFL is a fantastic place to be able to train myself and learn more about the league. It's definitely been a big part in my love for the league and especially being on a hyper-active team in the Luchadores has helped me acclimate to the league in a big way.

2. What do you like about the position of LB?

I love the fact that I'm involved in almost every single play. Like, although the fact that I play on the strongest defensive definitely cuts into my hits that I can lay down, I still get a lot of big plays. More so than any other position, the linebacker position puts me in the best position to take advantage of opportunities.

3. Are you someone who values rings or stats? Or both?

Honestly, both. I want to be a DPotY, but I also want to make the Hall and to make the Hall, you got to have the rings. Additionally, I want to contribute to my team a lot. That means some stats pumping as well.

4. Where do you think you'll land in the draft?

I have a couple of teams that I would like, but I really hope I go early in the draft. Some mocks have me going first overall, which is awesome and is always something to be excited about, especially as this is my first create in the league. However, no matter where I go, I think I'll be happy!

Code:
215 words

13. Sit down with a fan. Franklin Armstrong sat down with Mack Arianlacher (@LordMacharius) for a short interview post Ultimus.

1. How does it feel to have won the Ultimus for the second season in a row?

It feels lucky. We weren’t supposed to win it last season as we struggled in my rookie season with an overall record of 7-6. We needed to win two road games to win the Ultimus. We ended up getting to the Ultimus and I ended up having my best game of Season 17 in the game’s biggest stage. Likewise, this season we weren’t supposed to go into Yellowknife in cold weather against an 11-2 team and beat them to win our second straight…but we did. It feels nice not having one, but two Ultimus trophies. I’ve won at every stage of the game.

2. What is your favorite thing about playing for the Orange County Otters?

Our locker room culture exudes a commitment to excellence. Everyone in that lockerroom Is on the hunt for more Ultimus’s. The hunger never ceases. Call it “The Otters Way”.

3. What team are you always excited to play?

I always love going up against my old DSFL rivals, Havran and Bigsby, who play for the Hawks and Wraiths respectively. Beating them on the way to back to back Ultimus’s was too good to be true.

4. If you ever decide to move franchises, where would you go?

I’d rather retire than leave the Otters but if forced to choose, I’d probably go with the Austin Copperheads because they’re another snake team. I played for the Cobras and the Pythons and playing for the Copperheads makes too much sense.

5. Who do you think will go first overall in the draft?

I have no clue. I haven’t followed the draft much at all this season but there’s this dude called Mack Arianlacher that I’d really like on the Otters. I don’t care who goes first, just get this monster (you) on the Otters and I’d be happy.

Code:
256 words

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - jsteele14 - 11-21-2019

1) Playoff Predictions, Reviews:
Man, this one is hard to type about. It was the game that included my own team the Colorado Yeti. With this being my rookie year and obviously the first time I have been in the playoffs I was really hyped for the game against the Baltimore Hawks. Preparing eah and every day to play well and make this push to upset the Hawks. As I am sure that everyone saw that is not how the game went. Honestly the whole team played bad. They did not play to any type of level that they should be playing at in the playoffs. Just look at how Baltimore played and that right there shows you how we should have played. How we should have been practicing and preparing for anything that could be coming our way. The Baltimore Hawks practically destroyed us. Damn near pulled a fatality on us and did not stop. They played on both sides of the ball, had less turnovers, and less penalties which brought everything down to it and showed that they were the better team and were the team that deserved to advance to the next round and continue their run to win the Ultimus. Sucks to see your own team play that bad, but it happens and you jut need to move forward.

6) Our Time
Although this is said after the Ultimus has finished and all, but it could easily be said that the Colorado Yeti are the underdogs in this whole league. That is easily covered by their strong defense. Having multiple players on the team that had outstanding performances. Including the linebacker of the year, the defensive lineman of the year, and the defensive rookie of the year all on the same team. They are showing they will be a great team in the upcoming seasons and will probably be a strong force for seasons to come. Hopefully getting their players to resign and stay with the team for a while. Not to take any talk away from their high powered offense too. It is just because their defense is going to be their strongest point it seems. I know that compared to some of the other teams seem to be a stronger franchise as a whole currently, but there are still ways that the Colorado Yeti can make some plays and take those stronger teams out. Just have to play at their absolute best to have a chance to throw off everyone in showing how strong this team actually can be. Although the post season has already passed, there is always the next one.

7) Next year
As I slightly covered in the above post, I can see the Colorado Yeti making a run in the next season of the NSFL. Just like I stated above with having the linebacker of the year, the defensive lineman of the year, and the defensive rookie of the year all on the teams defense, and also the possibility of the new free agents that can come to the team can make the defense even that more scary. Just have to piece together a few things and the defense can be and probably will be the best defense in the league. As long as the players can stay active and make moves and capitalize on all their chances because trust me, they will have a lot of turnover chances and they just need to secure every chance they get. Plus, having new members added to the Yetis offense will give us that much more of a push to get more victories to help support the defense that will create more opportunities for the offense and everything will all flow together. It should not be a surprise to any of the other teams in the NSFL that the Colorado Yeti actually have a shot to make a run for the title next season.

8) Draft Focus
This is something that I do not know a whole lot about, but my main choice of what the team should go for is probably on the offensive sign. That is to throw no shade to anyone on the team that is on the offense or to any defensive players that think I am talking bad about the team because I am not. I am just saying with how stacked our defensive side is starting to look, I think that the team should be looking heavy on the offensive side. Although I do not know how many picks that the team has in this draft and I know it is not many as the Colorado Yeti did make a few trades in the last seasons draft that the gave away future picks and a lot of those being in this years draft. I think if the Yeti have any picks they are probably late and will need to take a shot in the dark with a player that they are not sure if they will be a good player or just become inactive or just trade the pick away to possibly help our future drafts ad either move up or just stack up on more picks.

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - timeconsumer - 11-21-2019

3) All about the QBs
Okay I know this is going to come as a huge shock to you all but let me tell you something about the greatest QB in the National Simulation Football League: Cooter Bigsby. Cooter may not be the name that comes to your mind when you think greatest passer around, but that's because your mind is flawed. Anyone who knows football knows that there is none better at the gamer than Cooter. I know what you're thinking "Cooter throws too many picks" or "Cooter has a bad completion rate" well guess what, nobody cares. Cooter's job is to move the fucking ball downfield and score touchdowns and damnit that's what he does and he's the greatest at it in the league. This season in the playoffs he got screwed, plain and simple no way around it screwed. Cooter was going to win it all and if he wasn't let down by the refs and his robot linemen he was going to hoist that trophy for the boys up north. There is no better QB in this league and whether or not you accept it means nothing to the Big Bigsby. So I'll take my league leading yards and future career leading yards to the HOF without your hating ass.

7) Next year
Next year the Wraiths are going to be back for a damn vengeance. We are not accepting our loss in the Ultimus to Orange County and we are coming right back at them again to win it all next season. We took a few small hits on our team and we've got some holes to fill but our defense is getting better and better. We need to grab a good wide receiver in free agency and hopefully find a defensive lineman in the draft or maybe get a career inactive to fill some holes. Then we need to score some cap space in order to shore up the offensive line and we're going to be in a good spot to knock of the Otters and prevent the threepeat. There's also the loss of Morgan Marshall to consider which is unfortunate but we'll have to figure out a way to make it work with a wide receiver and going a little heavier in terms of the running back situation towards a single back offense. Either way we pass the ball so much and Cooter has good legs on him that we can probably mitigate the loss, but we will miss him next year when we win it all.

8) Draft Focus
The draft focus for the Wraith is quite simple, we need to draft the best player available. I don't care if they are a RB or a WR or any position on defense if they are the best I want them. Personally I like to go for defensive linemen if we can but we're not sure if that is going to be an option foor us. If not I wouldn't mind seeing us grab a young linebacker or a young wide receiver in the first round. Now for the second round again I'm thinking one of those same three position groups, but also could consider a running back here. We like to use backs in multiple sets and in the passing game and that could give us quite a few options to work with without costing a very high draft pick. I don't really know any specific players to target but I can tell you I like new guys and don't like picking sim league vets unless they have a proven track record in this league of sticking players out to retirement without going inactive. Those guys who recreate every 3 seasons we can pass on them I don't care how much they say they are in it for real this time.

19) OL Appreciation
Alright I'll bite on the bait. Yall want a fair rub? I'll give you a rub. Here's the rub: Beaver did pretty good in the playoffs for Austin. The issue is that we can't really tell how consistent that is. Now he did decent in the regular season with 53 pancakes and 2 sacks allowed so that's okay. I'd add a little more agility if I were him but that's just me. However this isn't about the regular season this is abou the playoffs. So he had 4 pancakes and 0 sacks that that's pretty good. But what does that mean for the team success? Did they do well in the run game or pass game? Can we really even know? No, we can't really even know. But I can tell you that Austin really struggled to get the running game working this game and managed only 3.4 yards per rush attempt while Arizona had 5.8. Does that mean Beaver didn't block well? Probably not, again there's no way to tell and honestly this sim is kinda poop so pancakes might actually mean absolutely nothing and not have an effect in the run game at all. Isn't playing offensive line fun? Enjoy the rub!

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - ven_knight - 11-21-2019

1) Playoff Review: Road to Ultimini – San Antonio Marshals vs Tijuana Luchadores
As it is almost tradition, the Marshals went down to Tijuana to face the Luchadores on the SFC South playoff game. Against all odds, San Antonio manage to upset the favorite Luchadores by taking a 7 point lead in the fourth quarter with 7:49 remaining on the clock. This game had an awful performance by both QBs (both Vega and Blocksdale Jr ended up with 0 touchdowns passes or runs and combined for 3 interceptions) and what really helped the Marshals to win was the outstanding play of both of its running backs, Hanyadi and Ruff who combined for 39 attempts, 244 yards and 2 touchdowns, one of them being Ruff’s score to go on top. Even tough Tijuana’s defense did a good job with takeaways, mainly safety Ryan (6 tackles, 1 sack, 1 interception) and cornerback Bailey (1 tackle, 1 pass defended, 1 interception), they just could stop the run in the second half of the game and allowed 2 touchdowns that ultimately sealed the game away. The Marshals had the best luck in this game because in spite of ending up with more turnovers than the Luchadores and fumbling twice without losing possession, they managed to make a comeback from a seven point deficit in the first half to win with a dominant run game.

3) All about the QBs: Cooter Bigsby vs Franklin Armstrong
Written: Write 200 words on one of the QB matchups in this year's playoffs. What are you most excited to see (Or excited to have seen), who will play better (Or who played better), etc.
Graphic: Create a graphic on a QB matchup, (Pictures with side-by-side statistics).
The Otters came on top of the Wraiths and have another Ultimus trophy to add into their growing collection of tittles. This result is pretty much related to the QB performances of both teams, so let’s take a deeper look into the stats of Armstrong and Bigsby. Orange County QB Armstrong finished the game as the offensive player of it with a performance of 26 passing attempts of which he completed 16 for 226 yards, 1 touchdown, no interceptions and a 102.4 rating; on the other hand, Yellowknife’s QB Bigsby ended up with 36 attempts of which he completed 20 for 246 yards, 1 touchdown, 2 interceptions (one in the second quarter and the other one in the third quarter) and a 63 rating; he also had a fumble in the third quarter after a 3 yard run. From here we can see that despite facing a strong defensive unit, Armstrong was able to hold his ground, find his receivers and most importantly he didn’t turn the ball over even once; that’s as much as you can ask from a young QB in his second season with the Otters and it’s why he deserves the honor to be the MVP of the game. Now on the other side, seems like the pressure really got into Bigsby head, even tough he had good numbers through the air he was responsible for every turnover the Wraiths had in the game that ultimately costed them the Ultimus.

7) Next year
After a great win in the ASFC wildcard game, Arizona met its end to yet another run for the Ultimus by losing on the road to the Otters just like last season. The team came really close to an upset, though it run out of time to make a comeback in the fourth quarter. Looking into what comes next, I still see the Outlaws as a team which could be in the mix of possible Ultimus winners; both offense and defense have a great combination of veterans and rookies that makes me believe they are contenders and have a great possibility of winning it all.
QB Reese has proved to be a reliable leader and can certainly take the offense into his hands if it is needed, that was demonstrated by having the best QB rating and the 3rd most TDs during season 18. Despite the loss of WR Valentine, Saba is ready to step up his game, though he just did it in his rookie season; I’m excited for what he’ll bring next season. Another addition that should help the offense is RB Ruff, who’ll look to produce good numbers just like in the DSFL. Defense has been doing a great job and I expect LB Vans to remain as the MVP of the unit; he’s not the only one who will have a great season, I expect safety McKinnie to have a breakout year that will only help to keep the Outlaws as a top 3 defense.

16) Unsung Hero: TE Johnny Blaze
Everyone is talking about the great things QB Franklin Armstrong has brought to the Otters and what he accomplished this season during the playoffs, but one player that comes to mind that deserves more recognition for his great performance is tight end Johnny Blaze. With the Sunnycursed trade on season 17, Blaze became the most reliable receiver for young QB Armstrong. As for this season, he ended up with the best numbers for his position and as the number one receiver for Orange County; that is 61 receptions for 1030 yards and 6 touchdowns.
During the playoffs, Blaze didn’t lose a step and deliver some great plays. First in the ASFC championship against the Outlaws, he finished the game with 7 receptions, 91 yards and 2 touchdowns, one of which came in the fourth quarter and allowed the Otters to take the lead with around 5 minutes remaining in the game. Next, for the Ultimus, he had a performance of 5 receptions for 94 yards and a touchdown which was the first score of the game and the only one done by a receiver for the Otters. As we can see, even though Blaze didn’t get the honor of being named offensive player of the game on both Orange County playoffs games, he did the best for his team and they surely appreciate his effort and performances during their successful run as Ultimus champions.

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - shadyshoelace - 11-21-2019

Updater pass and also offseason events pass

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - goodvsevil1275 - 11-21-2019

7) Next Year
When you look at young teams, you will immediately notice the Philadelphia Liberty. Boasting the most active S18 players, the Liberty are primed to replicate the success of the Wraiths and the Otters within a season or two. Featuring top earners such as Zach Hall at defensive end, Fuzzy Dotson at half back, Thudd Kassel at middle line backer, Adam Harding at defensive tackle, and Jake Dropson as a wide reciever, the Liberty have stacked themselves with users who will develop into impact players on every level of the offense. Throwing in medium earners like Mike Franchet at defensive end, Frost as the best kicker ever, and Stuart Little at corner back, the Liberty also house a few players who will be extremely solid and useful to the team in the future. And that is just S18. This doesn’t include young studs like Emomdov Emoji at corner back, Richard D’Attoria V at safety, Nacho Varga at wide receiver, and other impact players on the team. By S21, the Philadelphia Liberty will be heavy contenders in the playoffs and a real threat to win the Ultimus. Starting in S21, the Philadelphia Liberty might be seen as heavy favorites and have the opportunity to beat every team in their path.

8) Draft Focus
When I take a look at the draft picks available to the Philadelphia Liberty in the S19 NSFL Draft, I do not see much opportunity to fill holes in the team. Obviously, the team will take Avon Blocksdale Jr. in the second round, as general manager iamslm22’s new player is automatically a future Liberty. However, this acquisition fills the team’s biggest hole: the quarterback position. With star quarterback Adriana Falconi set to retire within a season or two, Blocksdale will be able to grow in the DSFL while waiting for the starting quarterback role to be opened up. With this, the Liberty fill up their largest hole in the future which obviously helps the team a great amount. The Philadelphia Liberty only have one other pick in this draft, a pick in the early third round, as the team’s top pick was sent to New Orleans in the trade for Thudd Kassel. In a perfect world, a player like Austin McCormick or Kacey Dream will fall past even some inactive players, which would allow the Liberty to snag one of them. That is extremely unlikely, unless Dream beats McCormick over the head with a helmet. It is not a perfect world, however, which means the Liberty will most likely grab an inactive player to pair with borderline-inactive user iamslm22.

10) Rivalries
As a member of the Portland Pythons for the last two seasons, I want to say I hate the Tijuana Luchadores will all that they are worth (not much). The players never shut up about their own greatness. They are worse than the Cowboys at using old accolades from old players to prop up their current state. This is a team that is perpetually overrated. Their two recent championships were courtesy of chokes from Franklin Armstrong and Diego Espinosa. Without flukes happening, the Luchadores lose both of these championships. This season, you could not discuss the DSFL without some Luchadores claiming they were favorites because of their 13-1 record. And do you want to know what they did with that amazing 13-1 record? They choked in the first round to a team with a negative record that does not even exist anymore. If that isn’t the perfect microcosm of that entire franchise, I do not know what is. Not one person outside of Tijuana enjoys that team. The only good part of that team is the general manage duo of DD and Fuzzy is awesome and they are two solidly-okay users in my opinion. Oh, and I did not even touch on the worst part about them. They used to roster the worst safety that the league has ever seen. Joseph Wozniak is not even worthy of being in Kansas City. It is a team of bums and I have nothing but dislike for them.

17) Robbed
The thing I am most angry about this season is that the Philadelphia Liberty did not make the playoffs. I understand that the roster isn’t on par with a Yellowknife or a Baltimore but look at how they played this season. They gave up the fourth-least points per game out of the entire league, ranking second in their own conference. After a brutal opening stretch of the season, the team went nearly .500 the rest of the way. They lost many, many games when they had good odds. It isn’t like these games were blowouts either; eight of their nine losses were within two possessions, with four of those games being one possession losses. If only two of those had been flipped, the Liberty are the #2 seed in the conference. On top of that, if the sim didn’t screw us against the putrid Sabercats, we would have made the playoffs. Finishing with the same record as San Jose is a joke. Our offense scored over one-hundred more points than they did over the entire season. Statistical measures showed the Liberty being a top-four team for over half of the season, proving the stats are not a fluke. The only explanation is that the Liberty were taken out back by the sim and we could do nothing about it.

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - WALDO - 11-22-2019

3) All about the QBs
Written: Write 200 words on one of the QB matchups in this year's playoffs. What are you most excited to see (Or excited to have seen), who will play better (Or who played better), etc.

After divisional games were over, we had our Ultimini QB matchup: Jay Cue vs Zack Vega. The Youngster versus the veteran. The game was set, and fans were excited. Between Jay Cue’s ability to complete almost every pass and Zack Vegas powerful arm yet inaccurate passing arm set up for a great matchup. As many predicted, Portland laid down the pain on San Antonio in their home stadium. The QB matchup wasn’t super exciting either, as Jay Cue went off and Zack Vega had a less than great game. Jay Cue finished the championship game with a 60% completion percentage (17/28) and 221 yards and used his legs, his other specialty, to gain an extra 21 yards on 6 attempts. Zack Vega, on the other hand, had a less than stellar game. He finished with a 48% completion percentage and 122 yards with a few unsuccessful attempts to use his legs, with 16 yards on 5 attempts. Zack, as expected, threw for 2 interceptions and only one touchdown which gave him a 42.5 passer rating, a personal low for the rookie. Jay Cue showed the rookie how it is done, on the other hand, throwing for 2 touchdowns and no interceptions for a nice 109.4 passer rating.

9) Enemies
Written: Not everyone loves each other, write 200 words on an opposing player or player in this year's playoffs about how they will struggle, why do you want them to lose? (Don't be too mean).

This player is not in the postseason but it does not stop my intense hatred for him. Thomas-Fox, or DTF as I will call him here, is the quarterback of the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers. My reason for hatred has multiple layers. Number one - he relentlessly bullied me at the DSFL combine. He stayed across the hallway from the hotel and every morning he would tell me how much better he was than be, even when he wasn’t even supposed to be out of his hotel room. Number two - he is extremely overrated. I have more yards and completions than he does yet he still thinks that he is better than me. Last but not least, the media loves him. The media treats him like a golden goose and therefore I get treated like scum, which transports into him believing it too, which makes him bully me more. This then goes to his General Managers head, who then proceeds to trash talk me and say that DTF is better despite the Myrtle Beach Bucceneers having a 2-11 record and us having a 7-7 record meaning that obviously we are better yet they do not care. This makes me intently dislike Mr. Thomas-Fox. Also scorp sucks lmao.

7) Next year
Written: If your team has been eliminated, why will the next year, or the year after that, be the year that your team is going to win the Ultimus or Ultimini.

12) Sit-down with a star
Written: Interview a player from a team that is not your own that is in the playoffs! You must ask them four questions and at least three must relate to the league in some way. YOU MUST POST THE QUESTIONS AND THEIR ANSWERS FOR CREDIT.

https://imgur.com/gallery/X0mWyZJ

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Air Crou - 11-22-2019

15) More of the same for the Ultimus Most Valuable Player, Otters' QB, Franklin Armstrong. Repeat Ultimus MVP's, double the drinks people! He never even made it to the celebration parade! He was hospitalised, after drinking so much he was out cold for two days!. But let's mention his performance first. 16/26, 226 yards, 1 passing touchdown, no interceptions, 102.4 passer rating. Not bad mate, not bad at all. He really deserved it. He was seen leaving the stadium on a stretcher, after the dust had settled, and everyone decided to go home and rest for the upcoming parade. He was already tipsy during the trophy presentation, holding a bottle of champagne as he was heading to the podium to receive his MVP award and the Ultimus Trophy, and close to blacking out while he was talking to the media before heading to the locker room for a shower and the celebrations, where he chugged down a couple more bottles of champagne, on top of whatever he had consumed after the conclusion of the game. A few days later, he was spotted in Florida, near the Disneyland park. He was sober this time around and was fully dressed. He seemed to enjoy the park and its attractions. He spoke ot a few journalists that happened to be there. He already looked poised to lead the Otters to the Three-peat.

14) This season's playoffs magic moment came from the Yellowknife Wraiths-Baltimore Hawks NSFC Championship game. The game was a slugfest. Hawks 7-3 to end the first, Hawks 14-6 at the half, Yellowknife up by a single point, 15-14 at the end of the 3rd quarter. The game would come down to the wire. Both quarterbacks had played awfully. Corvo Havran already had a pair of interceptions. Cooter Bigsby had also thrown an interception. Neo Donaldson had kept his streak of missing key extra point attempts alive. The quarter started with a HUGE SACK from Maurice Virtanen, forcing a punt. Donaldson, in true Neo Donaldson fashion, however, missed a 33-yard FG, that would put YKW up by 4, 12:28 left in the game. Bad offensive showing continued though. 10:44, 2nd & 1, ball placed at BAL 47. Interception from Uchiha and a 1yd TD run from Morgan Marshall to put YKW up by 8. Hawks punt on the next drive. Huge chop block penalty against the Wraiths, forcing a 3rd & 25. No conversion, punt, and hte ball at Havran's hands, with 6:12 on the clock. He had his job cut out for him. 1st down, Incomplete. 6:01 on the clock, 2nd & 10 at the BAL 20. Havran drops back, targeting his veteran TE, Verso L'Alto for a 5 yard completion. And it happened. "Gimme that [expletive]!" Kroustis was there, intercepting the ball for 6, putting the final nail in the Hawks' coffin and finally lifting the Wraiths past their playoff demons, the Hawks, onto their first Ultimus since their win in the 8th NSFL season. Rumors that Kroustis was screaming profanities against the Hawks players during his 25 yard run are definitely untrue.

1) The Hawks and the Wraiths meet once again in the National Simulaton Football Conference Championship Game. The last time these two teams met, the Hawks came out victorious. The prize? The same as last time, a trip to the Ultimus. But this season was different. The Wraiths were on their peak. A force to be reckoned with. A stacked roster in both sides of the ball. The best team in the league, holding the best overall record, with 11 wins in 13 games. The Hawks were bad. They had barely made it into the playoffs, with a 6-7 record, but they were coming hot after a 31-0 dismantle of Colorado Yeti in the NSFC WIldcard Round. However, the stars were shining at the Burial Grounds. Havran, L'Alto, Sunnycursed, Maddox, Asipi III, Bigby, Terim to name a few Hawks. Bigsby, Marshall, Flash, Swift, Alexander, Grithead, Snuggles, Leaf Jr., Uchiha, Kroustis to name a few Wraiths. Two star-filled teams, both wanting this win to make a statement. The Hawks to keep their underdog story alive, the Wraiths to chase their demons away and make it to the Ultimus after a decade. The game was jittery. The Hawks were up 7-3 after 1, 14-6, after 2. But the 2nd half was all Wraiths. 15-14 for the Canucks to end the 3rd. The game was still close. Havran had two chances of keeping the Hawks in the game. But he threw two picks. Both giving scores to the Wraiths. One Uchiha pick, resulting in a Marshall 1yd TD run, and one Kroustis pick, returned for 6 points. The Wraiths did the job. But the game was sloppy. Best defence won the game.