International Simulation Football League
(S1) - PT #1 - Draft Profile - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S1) - PT #1 - Draft Profile (/showthread.php?tid=208)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

(S1) - PT #1 - Draft Profile - RainDelay - 05-28-2017

Joseph "Bailey" Cook
Wide Receiver (Possession)
Florida State Seminoles #18
6'1"
197 LBS

OVERVIEW
Original commit to play lacrosse at mid-major D1 Hofstra University. Transferred to Florida State University to pursue football and redshirted his first year. Slower speed kept him behind LeVonte Whitfield and Travis Rudolph on the depth chart, though once increased, he flew up the ranks. Led the team in receiving yards and yards after catch his final year. Declared for NSFL draft after junior season.

STRENGTHS

Hands. Cook has surefire hands, at least at the collegiate level. Scouts say Cook originally struggled with this, as he was called "stone hands" by his early years intramural football teammates. This drove him to catch two-hundred passes a day, and his hands surely became his best attribute.
Speed. Also his most improved area. Now projects as a versatile runner, can keep up with a high percentage of wide receivers with his makeup. 40 yard dash times steadily improved, and while incomparable to that of NFL counterpart John Ross, for example, certainly made people notice his speed.

WEAKNESSES

Strength. Cook will never be the strongest WR on a team, evidenced by his performances in the weight room. This can be worked on though, as he will need to bulk up. Team trainers should plan a regimen, and make sure that he sticks to it, and doesn't just "fuck around at the gym" as he likes to call it.
Intelligence. Cook is not the highest rated in this department either, but he will hopefully be able to truly learn the game better than he learned his freshman year "culture and expression" curriculum.

OTHER

Enjoys hog hunting, fishing, and muddin' (driving truck through mud) with his brother Hicey and best friend "Gummy" in his free time. Lacrosse is still a passion. Always insists that college sports are more important than professional, but with his entry into the league, hopefully that will change.
Favorite foods are Subway, apples, bagel chips and Haribo Sour Spaghetti.

DRAFT PROJECTION

First round. Sure shot.

(S1) - PT #1 - Draft Profile - ckroyal92 - 05-28-2017

[Image: EZizuNY.jpg]

(S1) - PT #1 - Draft Profile - Deusolis - 05-28-2017

A.C. Hackett
Linebacker (Coverage)
Maryland Terrapins #17
6'1"
237 LBS
Born and bred in the Old Line State, A.C. Hackett continued the tradition of prospects staying local, verbally committing to the University of Maryland in his freshman year of high school. Despite the loyalty, Hackett wasn’t initially pegged as a starter, but following a breakout performance Week 2 of his sophomore year against NC State, where he posted 9 solo tackles and 2 interceptions, the Will LB spot was his. In his third and final year as a Terrapin, he posted a team-high 127 combined tackles and led the nation in pass-deflections from the LB position.

Strengths

Intellect: While A.C. is no slouch in the measurables department, it is his football IQ that makes him really stand out. Although he was an outside linebacker, he quarterbacked Maryland’s complex, zone-heavy defense, a task typically left to a MLB or S. By the end of his sophomore year, he was even helping to develop some of the concepts that would become a hallmark of the team’s defensive scheme. Hackett simply knows football. And he plays like it. Even when matched up against players more athletic than himself, he is able to make plays because of an uncanny understanding of route trees and angles.
Fluidity: Although the combine and his pro day left some question marks related to A.C.’s athleticism, one thing that is not in doubt is his fluidity. He posted a 6.47s 3-cone drill time, the best recorded for a linebacker in over five years. And that agility shows on film, as he is able to change directions on a dime when dropping into zone coverage. Hackett is able to flip his hips with ease and can generally just be described as smooth on the field. As a former All-Met basketball player, an honor predicated entirely on his defensive-ability, Hackett can move laterally faster than most men can sprint, a skill always useful when shifting covers in a zone defense.
Motor: A.C. Hackett doesn’t take plays off. Period. This mentality, which is what led to his getting on the field in the first place, led to one of the best defensive highlights of his junior season. In a Week 2 matchup against Indiana, a showboating Jordan Howard appeared to have a breakaway, eighty-five-yard rushing touchdown. But displaying an overwhelming amount of what scouts simply dub want to, A.C. chased Hicks down and ultimately forced a fumble, saving the score. No matter the situation, Hackett can be trusted to leave it all on the field.

Weaknesses

End-to-end speed: Despite the now famous chase-down strip tackle, the simple fact is that, in a straight line, A.C. Hackett simply isn’t very fast. He posted a disappointing 4.87 40-yard dash time at his pro-day and that lack of speed occasionally manifests on film. Despite possessing much better play speed than track speed, although he isn’t out of position often, he simply isn’t able to recover when he. And unfortunately for him, all the football IQ in the world won’t help you in a footrace to the end-zone.
Conditioning: Throughout his career at Maryland, Hackett was known for having a wildly fluctuating weight. Although he weighed in at 237 at the combine, his history indicates that the number may change over his NSFL career. Hackett typically “played himself into shape” meaning that he’d come into the season out of peak form. This lack of conditioning manifested itself in limited endurance at the collegiate level. Unless he improves in that aspect, his snaps will need to be managed if he is to play to peak form.

Final Notes
Not necessarily a strength or weakness, simply a trait, Hackett has an overwhelming personal swagger. He doesn’t think he’s the best linebacker in the draft, he knows it. And if you asked him, he’d probably say he could be the best safety, running back or quarterback in the draft too. He has, and plays with, an enormous chip on his shoulder, manufacturing slights to fuel an insane competitive drive. However, unlike most players in this mold, he was beloved by his teammates as a mentor and source of support, being named a captain freshman year, even before he gained a starting spot.
As a Maryland boy through-and-through, A.C. has his heart set on playing for his hometown Baltimore Hawks. Of course he'll suit up for whatever team drafts him, but he's made his preference known.

(S1) - PT #1 - Draft Profile - Shaka - 05-28-2017

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: Katy-Perry-Google-Watt-01-28-15.jpg]

The Sudden Rise of JJ Reigns[/div]

I'm about to turn heel and it's your fault NSFL.

Thirty-five. Thirty-five mock drafts so far and not a single one mentions me. Thirty-five mock drafts so far and there's no sign of JJ Reigns. Draft stock? The draft is around the corner and ONE of you have messaged me to see what I'm thinking. How?

You all act like you don't know me. You all act like I haven't already proven myself.

Who brought you the SportsSimNetwork? That league lasted just 2 and a half seasons and I am still drinking for free in some cities because how redonkulously fun that league was. Who built the entire frame, file and foundation that the SBA used to open years ago? This guy. Who trailblazed the sim community out of the world of Madden and into text-based simulation? Yep, that was me. That 6-team format we almost used? I created it from scratch with Scott Brooks himself, the developer of the game we're using. That was before DDPF was even a thing and PFS was the choice simulator for the likes of guys like you and I. Without me, there wouldn't be a USFL, there wouldn't be a WFL and there wouldn't be an NSFL. Especially not one with the tools already laid out, blueprint and all.

No, you still act like you don't know me.

Like Shaka's not in this draft...

Ok. So, here's my draft profile. My name is Shaka. My player is JJ Reigns. He plays defensive tackle. He has no fake background. His background is me. I know this game better than anyone on this forum. Before this media, I wasn't on anyone's draft radar. After this media, I'll be in the Top 10 of any GM who reads this post. Top 5 if they do their research. Name one member who can make that big an impact in one post.

You can't.

Because posting a bunch of nonsene doesn't do shit for your draft stock. My track record does. Now change your mock drafts and put some respeck on my name.

All tree yall.

(S1) - PT #1 - Draft Profile - BasedGase - 05-28-2017

While Jefferspin has strength, skill, and size, what sticks out about him most is definitely his passion. When his QB was injured in his freshman year, Jefferspin decided that he was not going to let his teammates be hurt. Ever since, Jefferspin has been working on being the best protector in the game, enhancing his strength and endurance making sure that he will be there in order save his teammates from the vicious d-line.
Jefferspin is a very well-rounded player, having equal skill in both pass-blocking and run-blocking, an asset to any o-line. The player whom Jefferspin admires most is undoubtedly Joe Thomas, and while Jefferspin's play style doesn't exactly match Thomas's, he admires the man's consistency and passion for the game. Jefferspin's footwork and handwork are above average, but neither are exceptional. Jefferspin has proven that he will be a consistent player at the tackle position, and give up few sacks against even the best of ends. Any team that feels weak at either tackle or guard should certainly consider this man in the draft.

(S1) - PT #1 - Draft Profile - Saliva^ - 05-29-2017

Say what you want, but think that Clee Hardrool is the weirdest player in an upcoming draft. First of all, what's up with his last name? Drooling hard? I feel sorry for him if it's not a pseudo, because I can't take his name seriously anymore. Also, the All-American game was the first in Clee's career: he was a forever backup in the Idaho college, because there were better players at his position. But for some unknown reasons only Hardrool decided to try his luck in the better league. Funny guy.

But he's not a hopeless player-he is fairly mobile player. He also told me that he wants to work with his agility more and that could improve his draft stock between safeties. And he's a decent worker: I can't guarantee he will be a stud in terms of the work ethic, but he's not a fan of busting his ass either. Except his to be drafted around ninth or tenth rounds. Or he will be drafted later and be a steal, because Clee comes from the agency who gave a lot of steals to other leagues in past.

It remains to be seen if this player will stay on his grind for a long time, but he likes the growth of this league and that means he could have a decent career at least.

(S1) - PT #1 - Draft Profile - Pandar - 05-29-2017

Alex Thomas is excited to be entering the inaugural draft of the NSFL. Let’s take a closer look at what Thomas brings to the table.

Thomas brings above-average intelligence to his game, which helps him make up for some of the areas where he might lag slightly behind his peers, namely strength and agility. He’s still quite strong, but his strength is average, at best. Thomas also appears to be somewhat unique compared to the rest of the Offensive Linemen coming into this draft, in that he is equally good at blocking for either the run or the pass. He’s not elite in either category, but this well-roundedness might prove to be appealing to GMs come draft day. Where Thomas truly stands out is his conditioning. He has, bar none, the best stamina of this offensive line class. While other linemen might bring more strength or technique to the field as this first season gets under way, they will certainly tire out more quickly. Thomas could certainly prove to be a valuable addition as he’ll not only give you a reliable option on the O-Line, but he’ll also keep you from having to go to the second string as frequently.

The biggest question mark is his work ethic. This is the Pandar Player Agency’s first foray into a football player, and their focus on basketball and hockey players could prove to detract from encouraging Thomas to hit training as hard as he could.

Code:
243 words

(S1) - PT #1 - Draft Profile - .wahala. - 05-29-2017

This draft class is loaded with quarterbacks and while a number received the chance to show off their talent in the All-American Bowl, Tim Tebow was not afforded the opportunity. For whatever reason - whether it is because he is not likely to be a starter in the NSFL or because he has been in the football world for years now - Tebow was left off the roster. And ever since being a castaway from the Denver Broncos after leading them to playoffs, he has been desperately trying to prove his doubters wrong.

Do what is there to say about the former Heisman winner and first round draft pick in the NFL? He is certainly an unorthodox quarterback, beginning with the fact that he is left handed. But even more interesting is his style of play. He will never be the best passer and very well could be one of the weakest passers in this draft. But, he makes up for his perceived poor mechanics with his legs. This guy, he not only can make plays with his legs but he is a very physical runner, unafraid to take hits and even able to break tackles as if he were Marshawn fucking Lynch. While the NFL, as a league, has she'd away from mobile quarterback, it WI be interesting to see if the NSFL will follow suit. Will Tebow get a chance to show what he can do it will be be spurned by the teams of yet another league? Well, with draft day fast approaching, we should find out soon.

(S1) - PT #1 - Draft Profile - Grapehead - 05-29-2017

@timeconsumer :cheers:

Today we're going to take a quick look at offensive lineman Angus Winchester. Hailing from Manchester, TN, this rugged beast brings a resume of hard work and dedication. While he relies heavily on his strength, he also has great conditioning and endurance. Not particularly smart or fast, the product out of the University of Wisconsin-Madison made a name for himself with exceptional blocking on the line. While the 6'6” lineman isn't expected to come off the board early on, any team that selects him will be in for a treat. Winchester's personality is infectious and his teammates have always spoken fondly of him. Adding him to your locker room will be a home run, and his contributions on the field will pay dividends. Wherever he ends up, this farm raised country boy is in for a bit of a culture shock, because when it comes to NSFL team locations there is no place like home. That won't phase Winchester though. Everything in his life has prepared him to take this opportunity and run with it, and you can bet that he will. Don't sleep on Angus Winchester in this upcoming draft, because he is absolutely a one of a kind athlete.

(S1) - PT #1 - Draft Profile - Tomen - 05-29-2017

Let's take a look at an interesting Linebacker Prospect for the inaugural NSFL Draft. The Linebacker I am talking about is 240 pound heavy Alexander Selich from Fulda, Germany. Selich's football journey is an interesting one because no one really expects that there could be some fine talent produced overseas. Selich started to play football at the age of 14 in his hometown Fulda for the Fulda Saints. Instantly the coaches realized that he has some talent and kicked his butt so he could grow some more in size and have a more linebacker ready body. He traveled around the south of Germany while playing for the Saints and there has been quite a hype about his person because of the excellent athletic ability Selich displayed. This got him even so far that he was offered an athletic scholarship by the Florida Atlantic University. Selich imeediately spoke to the coaches there and got full support by his family to chase his dream of playing football professionally. Selich had an outstanding college career which he capped of with getting the Dick Butkas award in his Senior season. Now dubbed a prospect that will be gone after the second round Selich looks forward to finally playing football professionally in the NSFL. When asked who he looks up to Selich responded with: Ray Lewis, he was just a great leader and the head of the Ravens defense. I would love to someday end up like him in the HoF and as the face of a franchise.