International Simulation Football League
(S23) - PT 5 - A New Leaf - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S23) - PT 5 - A New Leaf (/showthread.php?tid=23571)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

(S23) - PT 5 - A New Leaf - Reno - 07-16-2020

Quote:216 words

I would say that one of the biggest things that the league could benefit from would be overhauling the home field advantage that the sim offers. I get it, you want to give the home team some benefits for being, well, the home team, but the sim gives them entirely too many yards to make up for it. The amount of times I go down the predictions thread and just see people listing the home team for each matchup is a bit ridiculous and should be an indication that things need to be patched in that regard. The sim also needs to re-evaluate how it treats certain positions and player attributes. Watching sims the players that stand out are the ones that have max or near max speed, want to play a position that isn’t 90+ speed? It’s playing this game on challenge mode which I’ve experienced as a tight end. Another issue I have with the sim is the decision-making process, because some of the things I’ve seen with the sim makes me question it heavily. Team running up the gut on three straight plays, teams kicking a field goals from far out and punting it from closer than the attempted field goal, minor stuff like that irks me and really holds the league back.

(S23) - PT 5 - A New Leaf - PSanchez55 - 07-16-2020

One thing the league could change... Taking GOMHL affiliation out of the PT instructions. The GOMHL is currently a dead league with no posts on the site since march or may or something. It's dead, and noone is writing media for it.

Other than that, I can think of very little off of the top of my head that I would like to see changed. Sure, I see things I don't like every now and again. Innuendo and such in names is a bother. But with this being a favorite naming device for prominent members, I do not expect to see changes. (although they would be wonderful.)

Most anything else I can think of has to do with my own personal laziness. 200 words is much to much to write. It is ridiculous. But obviously, making a league too easy causes boredom... that's what happened to GOMHL. Noone had any reason to check the site but once a week for 5 minutes.

Also, It feels like something might need to happen in the minors. Teams are stacked, overstacked if you ask me. Why, KMZ is barely a 2nd string RB at the cap. Him being bad at football is the one thing I want to change.

(S23) - PT 5 - A New Leaf - ForSucksFake - 07-17-2020

PBE Championship Week

(S23) - PT 5 - A New Leaf - Buttersqauch101 - 07-17-2020

Tbh there is always things to fix everywhere not just in this simple sim league. But one thing I’ve always found terrible here is the transparency. While yes we have made some improvements in the last season or so there is still so much more potential. Every time a rumor of a punishment starts going on there won’t be one word from HO. I’m not talking about giving us all the details about said punishment beforehand. I’m talking at least acknowledge the fact that something is going on. My main instance of this was during the most recent tampering punishment how while being a public tampering there wasn’t even a whisper from our Head office about it until it was posted on our forums. If we could’ve had it acknowledged people wouldn’t t have been So antsy about it. Another punishment related issue is if someone is getting punished for tampering please for the love of god actually talk to the people involved with it. And not just the punished person being told the day of the punishment going public that it’s happening I mean talk to the victim, talk to the gms. Form some kind of communication. When I was at Austin and got my 2nd tampering punishment my gms Adam and Joe had literally no idea until it was posted which is bullshit. Thank you for coming to my ted talk

(S23) - PT 5 - A New Leaf - KamiCommie - 07-17-2020

PBE Championship Week

(S23) - PT 5 - A New Leaf - Mooty99 - 07-17-2020

I believe that a lot of the changes have happened recently in the league have all been extremely positive. The current head office are doing a superb job with making sure that this league is as good as it possibly can be, And because of this thinking of what other changes are needed are a bit tougher. Off the top of my head one change that might be nice to see would be to mix up the divisions, For a long time now one division has been Far superior to the other now I know that this could change but it has led the league to be won by a ASFC More often than not. I think the current expected expansion of the league that this forgive a perfect opportunity to mix up the teams.  Another improvement that I know everyone would like to see would be the bringing back of predictions, Predictions are far more fun than copy based Trivia or even PTs such as this,  Predictions make you want to watch all the matches not Just your own and really drive league engagement. But I Think that the recent changes have really helped catapult the league into the next level and am delighted to see most of them.

WC 210

(S23) - PT 5 - A New Leaf - Bruins10 - 07-17-2020

Just want to start off by saying that it was the most random change I have seen and did not know the reason until this PT was put up. When i read the actual task, I could not believe that something like that can actually happen haha.

One choice that I was not really happy with was the predictions changing for the week. I really liked doing them every day and would enjoy watching the sim with more purpose because I would be cheering for a specific team. Now, I just watch the outlaws and close the stream when our game is finished because it does not really have that much of an impact on my guy. The little change really made me lose interest in watching the streams every monday and wednesday, but fridays are still super fun because of that added element.

Also, I was never really a fan of the trivia because of the repetitive nature of the actual task. Just PMing an account with answers that most people do not know is not the most fun thing to do but everyone does it for the points. I know the league is considered like a semi-active league so it is not to have point tasks to do every day or what not. But I think the trivia would be able to be done like every second week and the other 4 TPE that could get given out to keep it even you can have another element. Maybe add predictions for the monday and wednesday sim when the Trivia is not there, and the week that there is trivia you do not give out more TPE with the predictions. Obviously I am just spitballing ideas.

(S23) - PT 5 - A New Leaf - Lightnoir - 07-17-2020

Well first off, I don't think there are any glaring issues with the league that need to be addressed, but it's impossible to get to 200 words with that answer, so I'll just talk about relatively minor or unchangeable things that could be improved. The sim basically sucks. We're all in agreement that DDSPF16 is not really a good game per se, and that it often results in unfair looking and unsatisfying games. The issue, of course, is a lack of better option. The more recent editions have significantly longer games, and other games we could use (Like Madden) have the same issue exacerbated even further. To try to do what HO intends there are no better options than DDSPF16. I do think it's hilarious how large and loyal this league is, and how we're basically the largest fanbase of a game that we all hate. Some other things: Media guidelines need to be revised and rewritten. This was a large discussion across the league recently and I think it could use a change to clarify what's acceptable and encouraged. The league probably also still needs more money sinks. Trading cards is an absolutely brilliant idea, but I still think there could be other avenues through which the 1%, so to speak, could burn their cash. Something with trading would be good to me, and I'm hoping the trading cards can truly be traded. So I want to reiterate that I'm impressed with the recent initiatives HO have taken, and at the moment I have no serious complaints.

(258 words)

(S23) - PT 5 - A New Leaf - JuOSu - 07-17-2020

PBE CW

(S23) - PT 5 - A New Leaf - TheDangaZone - 07-17-2020

PBE CW PT