International Simulation Football League
(S2) - Weekend PT #2 - Rookies first practice - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S2) - Weekend PT #2 - Rookies first practice (/showthread.php?tid=2498)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

(S2) - Weekend PT #2 - Rookies first practice - Sleepy - 07-23-2017

It has been an interesting first week here in Baltimore. Very exciting times.

All the rookies seem to get along and I’m excited to be able to grow next to them as team. I think a key spot for us to focus on right is the offensive line. Built almost exclusively of rookies, they might struggle early on this season but will grow into the game as the training becomes routine and they get acclimated to the speed of the league.

Training was mostly spent going over blocking assignments and making sure we were keyed up and knew what was going on to give our quarterback the best coverage possible. He is one of the best in the league and deserves a great group of guys to give him time to do his job.

On the defensive side of the ball, it is awesome to watch these guys work. They will provide stiff opposition to the rest of the league this season without a doubt. Overall, we have a great group of guys here in Baltimore and I think there is potential to have many successful season to come. As rookies file in for training, things will only get better and there is no reason to doubt this team’s ability

Code:
210 words

(S2) - Weekend PT #2 - Rookies first practice - Bafetimbi Gomis - 07-24-2017

Ya know, the draft wasn't a good day for THADDEUS WORLDWIIIIIIIIIIIIDE. I got passed on every team in the league because they don't believe a strong and intelligent black man can be "mature". The blatant racism upset Thaddeus as he felt teams were not giving him a fair shake. But my agents Akira Tozawa and Apollo Crew told me after the draft, "Thad prove em wrong". I replied "Well you know Thad".

I remember the first time I went into practice with the team. People bought into the false reports. My teammates thought they could break me down. People tried to haze me. After I changed into my gear, I found out that someone shit in my bags. Here at THADDEUS WORLDWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE we don't take that shit. I ain't no little scared little BOY. I ain't no rookie either. I'm a SUPERSTAR! One of the rookies told me it was Josh Broccoli or Josh Rubens Barrichello or what ever his name is that told RFFO MadeMe to shit in my bag. Like I said earlier, here at THADDEUS WORLDWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE we don't take that shit. Gotta take matters in to our own hands. First snap it was a trick play of shorts where MadeMe was lined up as the QB. Once the ball was snapped I got through the O-Line and got to MadeMe and destroyed the fucking guy. Dude was stretchered out to the hospital. A couple plays later Pretty Broccoli Boy was lined up in a shot gun formation. The ball was snapped and I crushed the O-lineman. He can't handle none of this. I get to Pretty Boy and german suplex him for the sack and start celebrating. Broccoli tried to cheap shot me when he got up and punched me in the face. Before I could retaliate, people were trying to break it up. Josh on the other side of the 50 starts laughing at me being held by my teammates. While these guys know Thad is strong motherfucker. What these fuckers don't know is Thad is fast too. I broke free and started running towards Josh who tried to sucker punch me again but before he could, I picked him up and dropped him with my finishing move the Clash of the Thaddeus.

Motherfuckers know not to mess with the Thaddeus Brand.

THADDEUS WORLDWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE

URAH URAH URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#MakeItAWin #ThaddeusWorldwide

[iframe width=\\\"560\\\" height=\\\"315\\\" src=\\\"https://www.youtube.com/embed/WklMhyfs41c\\\" frameborder=\\\"0\\\" allowfullscreen][/iframe]

(S2) - Weekend PT #2 - Rookies first practice - Aenir - 07-24-2017

The Yellowknife Wraith first practice with the new rookies was a wild ride. Practice first started with the rookies running a gauntlet of all the defense, then being told to cover the offense before being split into their respective positions to work with their units. THEN it got crazier, due to trades, and waiver signings, the rookie camps and training camps were awash with player movement, some in, some out, all interesting. Notable moments include the beginning of a partnership between Orosz and Smallwood, The Defensive tenacity of Cushing, and the overall swagger of many of the new picks. Of course some worry that the Rookie Talk could get to their heads and inflate egos before even a single down is played. They Swear that it wont happen. There are not many things to do in Yellowknife compared to other big cities, so perhaps during the season much of this bluster will calm down, on the other hand, with nothing else to do, the bluster might be doubled down upon. Either way, the football credentials of the S2 Yellowknife draft class (+ Trades) is quite high, and Wraiths management is looking forward to see what they can do once the pads go on. (203)

(S2) - Weekend PT #2 - Rookies first practice - DELIRIVM - 07-24-2017

The first day with the new rookies saw some of the new players really start to surprise. Late round picks Steven Austin and Torque Lewith really started to show what steals they are, performing admirably against the top receivers and tight ends of the Yeti Offense.

Lewith, the last pick of the draft for the Yeti, converted from quarterback to safety for the Yeti and began tearing it up immediately. Picking off Noble and breaking up another three passes during the practice. Steven Austin immediately showed how he could fit in with the power linebacking group in Colorado. Alongside Jonathon Saint, Wyatt Fulton and new addition Luke Tiernan, the Yeti began to emerge as one of the most talented linebacking groups the league has seen. Austin looks to be a powerful piece to that already elite group.

Blaster Blade continued his domination on the defensive line - shredding through the offensive line of the Yeti and wrecking havoc on Logan Noble for most of the practice. The Colorado Yeti also picked up offensive weapon Jon Ross in the 6th round and Ross began to look elite in his targets from Noble.

Moving into the future with the Colorado Yeti one has to think the team has a very bright future from each piece they have assembled.

(215 Words)

(S2) - Weekend PT #2 - Rookies first practice - Valtookan - 07-24-2017

(07-23-2017, 09:55 PM)theFlock Wrote:Practice always goes the same way in Arizona. There's a few guys who show up way earlier than everybody, and the rest that show up right on time. In Arizona, its hot as hell. We workout inside, practice inside, eat inside, everything inside. Everybody that comes to the facility, regardless of what they drive, try to find some shade to park in, and keep their windows down. We like to be cool long enough to start them up and get those air conditioners running when we leave. 

The rookies are very serious when it comes to showing up on time, but everybody makes mistakes, right? Right guys?

Wrong. Unintentional Holdout, and Rookie Safety, Allen Davis, decided to miss the first day of Rookie Minicamp, and show up late to the first day of OTAs, the vets, mainly Flock and Ernston, decided to teach him a lesson. While he won't mention this out of embarrassment, the two vets waited for Davis to hit the showers before putting their plan into action. 

Flock and Ernston went out and found Davis car, windows down obviously, and hopped in to get to work. They filled the AC with powdered sugar went back inside to wash up. We all know Davis always has to look good when he leaves practice, so they anticipate him taking his time getting ready. When the two are finished, Davis is sure enough still not ready, so they head outside for Phase Two. Ernston is waiting with two jumbo bottles of syrup, and Flock with a box of cherries. 

When Davis makes his way out, he is ready to leave out, getting into the car and putting his windows up, followed by turning on the AC. What happens next could be described as a "whiteout" as the entirety of his car is a smokescreen of white powder. As he exits the vehicle, Ernston douses him in the Syrup, while Flock unloads all of the cherries on top of him, managing to get quite a lot of them stuck to the rookie. 

"How sweet of you to show up to this practice on time for once!" chirped Ernston, "See you on Sundae, bright and Early!" joked Flock. 

It's been quite some time since then, but we can assure you that Davis is one of the first people to leave, and a little more cautious when leaving. He leaves his windows down when he turns the AC on, and is supposedly still smelling the sweet air of defeat while driving home. 

Code:
426 words

Haha, nice! We gotta make sure we are teaching rookies right from wrong. :towel: :rofl: