International Simulation Football League
(S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal (/showthread.php?tid=28032)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - EMPER0R - 12-03-2020

Well for one, this last off season was much better than the previous one.  We won the championship as an underdog
I made my first DSFL Pro Bowl which wasn't a goal but I'm glad to be recognized for my hard work.

I also was notified by Arizona that I was being called up to the ISFL. I'm going from playing safety/cornerback and being a Pro bowler to playing Nickleback and being at the bottom of the depth chart.  I knew I had to put more work in this off season if I want to maintain my high expectations for myself.

I worked on my tackling and strength this off season because I know that I'll be beneficial to Arizona if I can handle tackling the ISFL running backs.  I also ran my ass off all off season and worked on my speed because the ISFL is much faster than the DSFL and I'm going to be at a disadvantage.

This season will be much different for me because of going from the top of the DSFL to being a rookie backup in the ISFL.

I don't think I'm going to have a huge impact being the 3rd cornerback on my team but I want to work my ass off to make sure Arizona doesn't look for my replacement.  I just want to not he a liability when I'm on the field.

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - Blasoon - 12-03-2020

After the painful loss to the San Jose Sabercats in the American Simulation Football Conference Championship Game, the Otters have greatly revitalised their roster through callups and free agency. With regards to the former, Orange County have called up Richard Leaking to help him grow in what was the league’s best defence last season. On the offensive side, we have called up Ultimini champion Bronko Mills to serve as a great fullback for our blocking and power running needs. These two have already had a great impact with Leaking having arguably the most important play of his young career in the comeback against the Sabercats in week two. In free agency, Orange County really shined, picking up killer free agents Rotticus Scott, Heath Evans and Brandon Booker from the Colorado Yeti, Arizona Outlaws, and Philadelphia Liberty, respectively. These signings have greatly impacted the Orange County roster and have already paid dividends for during the short time that they have been here. Booker had an incredible, franchise record setting, return against the Outlaws, taking a punt back ninety-eight yards for a touchdown in an incredibly tight game. Additionally, Evans’ return to his old team’s arena saw him have a crucial thirty-four yard reception which set up the game winning field goal. Scott secured a drive ending sack in the game against the Sabercats, which allowed momentum to remain on the Otters’ side. Ultimately, when looking at the Otters’ growth, I think that this season represents one of great synergy, and will hopefully see the Otters take that next step and go back to the Ultimus. 
Code:
264 Words

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - Cheech65 - 12-03-2020

Clark Boyd is the best he's even been after this offseason. Constant training has improved his blocking ability significantly, and he looks forward to making himself more useful on the offensive line. Besides that, he put on more than 30 pounds of (mostly) muscle, and after some overdue corrective surgery, grew 3 inches in height! Normalizing his new body, Boyd looks poised to have his best season yet. His skills are as good as they're going to get, and he is getting in better shape every single week.
As for the team, the Berlin Fire Salamanders had a successful draft. The defense looks to see some almost immediate improvements. Berlin has called up Ananda Adyan (OL), Jeeeeroy Lenkins (CB), and BamBam McMullert (LB), and all 3 look ready to go. The team's structure is sound as is, but the rookies will definitely help boost our effectiveness on the field. The current roster has made itself better as well. Individual players have all worked as hard as they could this offseason, and the outlook is promising. Even though Berlin ended their debut season at 3-13, they will see immediate improvement over the course of S26. QB Nick Kaepercolin has honed in his throwing ability, and should be able to lead the team to a winning season, if all goes well. But as the division grows more competitive, anything can happen. We'll just have to wait and see.

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - TropicaliaCC - 12-03-2020

Wow, what has changed for me since last season? Well quite literally everything. I retired my first sim league player ever, Dexter Banks II, and recreated as Duke Cheeks. I am going from a seasoned veteran 900 plus TPE Quarterback to a noob Linebacker who has something like 170 TPE at the time of writing this. It is a massive change, but it is very exciting because I look at it as a clean slate for me. Coming off my first player there were a lot of things I wish I could have done different, so from those learning experiences I can hopefully surpass the legacy of my previous player. That being said it was definitely sad to let go of my first character. I kind of got attached to being synonymous with his goofy rep around the league. He walked away as an MVP, which I would’ve never imagined a few seasons ago. Big shout out to my hard working sim testers in the Sarasota War Room. Now I am looking forward to a year in the DSFL with my new player on a new team, and consequently I get to share a Locker Room with a completely new set of users. Now I am not one that usually likes massive amount of change, but I am excited to see what this new player holds for me.

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - Mooty99 - 12-03-2020

I go into my final season with the buccaneers feeling both happy and sad.  As a player my performance last season and could not have been better however as it was very disappointing not to win the whole thing or even make it to the final. Last season the team was superb and so it was always going to be a step down from it this season due to the large number of call ups we have had both on the offense and on the defence.  Despite the team being weaker this season the Buccaneers are still a very strong team and have a great chance to win once again. Offensively we have lost players at WR  TE and OL but for me the big kicker here will be the loss on the OL, we have great RBs and had plenty of depth at WR but losing the OL will hurt. Defensively we are certainly weaker, we have lost a couple of key pieces in the secondary and so while our defensive line gets a little stronger and our linebackers are also improved the defense as a whole is weaker which is a real shame. Never the less we are a good team so hopefully we can prove that again.

WC 210

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - H0PPY75 - 12-03-2020

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - ReverendOReily - 12-03-2020

In my view, both the Orange County Otters and Richard Leaking have improved immensely over this past offseason. Starting with OCO - we managed to bring in some of the league's most sought after free agents, including offensive wizard Heep Ebbins, who has already contributed a great deal to our offense and has quickly become one of Suleiman Ramza's favorite targets, and defensive superstars Brandon Booker and Rotticus Scott; all three of these players are towards the top of their respective draft classes in the amount of time they put into training. Additionally, all of our free agent additions from this past offseason have already contributed great things towards the team's locker room chemistry. Meanwhile, my player Richard Leaking has put in a lot of work over the offseason, and that has resulted in him being called up from the DSFL! Some of Leaking's training methods have included running up and down a mountain to work on his endurance (plus some sprinting drills to get his speed back into tip top shape), covering tackling dummies with olive oil and launching himself full speed at them to train his strength and tackling, and mental math exercises to keep his brain as sharp as a tack. I am incredibly excited to see how my player does, and more importantly, how my team does in this upcoming season! Go otts OCO

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - AW13 - 12-03-2020

PBE PT

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - JuOSu - 12-03-2020

SHL PT

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - Jiggly_333 - 12-03-2020

The Baltimore Hawks are certainly a team. Are they a good team? I have no clue. They made a lot of signings this offseason, some of which I actually had a talk about with the GMs for certain reasons. I’m honestly unsure of how the season will go for the entire team, but what I do know is that Mai is even better than she was last season. I was promised a breakout year this year and while Mai might have to split carries in the backfield, I at least know that Mai is going to be a lot better whenever she gets a chance to do something. Her yards per carry should be exploding and her hands have gotten better to the point that she might become a viable option in the team’s passing game. Not to mention, I think Mai will be getting more of a chance as a returner this year (hopefully). All in all, I have no clue what’s going on, but I just know that Mai Fukushuu is going to be a lot better and hopefully she’ll keep driving towards being the best around. It’s a bit disappointing that she might get overshadowed by another running back in her class that is on pace to be the highest earning player of all time, but we’re gonna do our best to try to out-pace her in stats. And that starts this season.