International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel (/showthread.php?tid=30346)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Cheech65 - 03-04-2021

For Clark Boyd, this season has been a season of firsts. To start, this is the first season he's played as the only tight end on a team. And second, this was by far his best season to date. Because who cares about touchdowns, right? His best highlight reel moment came in Week 14's nail-biting loss against the Colorado Yeti. With under 4 minutes to go in the first quarter, Berlin was on their second first down of their second possession. Both teams already had a touchdown, so it was time to start trading blows. And off the rip, Clark Boyd shook the OLB on him with a sluggo route, and showed his speed for the first time in a while. Seeing 77 behind his man, Nick Kaepercolin let the ball fly, dropping the ball perfectly into Clark's hands. A 44-yard reception and a career best for Clark Boyd. He wound up catching 10 passes on 12 targets that game, one of his most efficient outings, and totaling 87 yards on the day, also a career best.

Now, with the season at a close, Clark Boyd is ecstatic and excited for the next season. He totaled a career best 648 yards, a career best 87 receptions, and an all-time best 62 pancakes (at the TE position, let's not get ahead of ourselves). With improvements in the offseason, there's no reason why Clark won't be leading the TE pack in S28. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - WildfireMicro - 03-04-2021

Imagine if it's your first regular season DSFL game in your career. The first time stepping out to the screaming crowd and all the pressure of knowing how quickly you could be judged. Now imagine the excitement and the relief of getting two picks and a pick six in that first game. This was the day that CJ Sonjack had on week 1 during the game between the London Royals and the Norfolk Seawolves. In front of the home London crowd that have been waiting very patiently for football to return CJ played his heart out and helped the Royals to a shut out win of 39-0. He was instantly made a star in thier eyes.

The reason this was highlight worthy to me is that this was his first ever DSFL regular season game and he showed why he was such a good pick on the DSFL draft. He may have only had three tackles but his two picks with a touchdown from one of them is what's highlight worthy I'm my eyes. it was a big way to make yourself known and prove all your doubters wrong and he was given the game ball back in the locker room to unanimous cheers from his teammates.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Bigred1580 - 03-04-2021

[Image: xZpjS6X.jpg]

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Painted - 03-04-2021

My hands down favorite highlight of the year comes from week 10 of the DSFL when the Grey Ducks went on the road to face the number one team in the North conference in the Pythons to extend their two-game winning streak! We all came in with high expectations for that game as it would jump start our chances for the playoff spots, and it was definitely a close game. But we managed to maintain a lead going into the final minutes of the fourth quarter. This final drive Portland had the ball and began to drive down the field to attempt to score a clutch touchdown to tie the game and send it to overtime.

Approaching the redzone many of the fans watching were sure this game would be coming down to the final minutes and the rest were positive the Pythons were going to tie it. But with twenty-two seconds left in regulation ‘Captain’ John Price shows why he earned his nickname and stole the ball out of the air for a game sealing interception! Immediately knowing the impact of this, he rushed to the ground to secure the position and secured the win!! The final seconds were just a mere formality and the entire Minnesota bench was in shock and awe. We may not have made it to the playoffs but that moment I won’t forget because it felt so surreal watching it in real time and because of the implications it had with the rest of our season against the best team in the conference. That game proved we have a lot to look forward to next year, and I hope my player gets a clutch turnover like that one soon.

Words: 285

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - sve7en - 03-04-2021

SHL affiliate: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114317&pid=2997448#pid2997448

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Kyle - 03-05-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - NicholasTheGreat - 03-05-2021

[Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_9.gif]

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Swanty - 03-05-2021

Rather than an individual performance, my highlight of the season was the Berlin Fire Salamanders' 48-10 victory over the Baltimore Hawks in Week 12. While the scoreline was a great one for the Berlin fans, my favourite thing about it was the sheer number of exceptional individual performances. One some days, we struggle to even find one or two players to give a game ball to, but on this occasion, there were at least 10 individuals who could have taken home the honours.

On offense, our QB Nick Kaepercolin threw for 325 yards, 2 touchdowns and 0 interceptions, with a 67.5% completion rate. Both our running backs, Joe Petrongolo and Terry Yaki each bagged 2 touchdowns. C'mon Skiuuuup topped 100 yards and a touchdown, only failing to catch one ball thrown his way. And on D, Krause bagged two turnover, intercepting the QB and forcing and recovering a fumble. Not to mention 9 tackles and 3 PDs! BamBam McMullet also had a ridiculous game, recording a sack, a TFL and an interception. Oh and our big coverage linebacker Adam Schell also got himself an interception. Sacks for VonPebbles and a double TFL game for Hank 'Beefquake' Steel meant this was perhaps the best all round Berlin performance so far in their short existence.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Raven - 03-05-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - SamTwoSix - 03-05-2021

I am extremely proud of the dominant season the Portland Pythons had this year. It's unfortunate that we didn't make it to the finish line with all the work done by both our amazing players (updating every week) and behind the scenes (managing to draft absolute legends throughout the draft). However, I want to take today to shout out my companion at the Running Back position, Remus Roman. Remus was a driving force throughout the season, but he really shined in this specific game, a Week 8 nailbiter of a game against the Kansas City Coyotes.

Roman really carried this game, and I don't think that's that big of a stretch. I mean, you don't run for 269 yards with 3 touchdowns on 5 attempts with an average of 53.8 YARDS PER CARRY. Yup, you heard me right. 53.8 YARDS! Not to mention the 89 yard run he had... that too.

However, what I really want to highlight is that 89 yard run. As I said before, Roman had just 5 attempts, and 3 touchdowns. Hell, his first TD was the first one in the game! With 11 minutes and 23 seconds left in the Second Quarter, Remus ran for a grand total of 89 yards! That was his second TD that involved an 80-something yard run as well! Remus had an 87 yard run earlier in the game!

It's safe to say that without Roman's offensive plays in Week 8, the Pythons probably would have lost that game.