International Simulation Football League
(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight (/showthread.php?tid=4476)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Damienj10 - 09-15-2017

The philly rookies are ready to roll out and kick some tail on the field. But who is going to be the most exciting out of our rookies? Let me tell you first hand that being a rookie coming from a recent draft that it's not easy. Let's see we've got all the eyes in the world on you. Tv media gms coaches you name it. So who will crack under the pressure and who will rise above to conquer the field and continue to kick some tail and not get sent down to the brand new league the DSFL now I am led to believe our new QB will the most exciting. If he can throw the ball better than our last QB then we will be fine and there will be no problems and that's why he is the most exciting to watch in my opinion. Because Clifford rove is ready to be the next tom Brady. I can feel it the media can feel it and I hope you can feel it too. In conclusion the most exciting rookie ih Philly in my opinion is Clifford rove. My letter to you my friends is it worth while to stalk a rookie and breathe down his neck or let him develop? Let's wait and see my friends let's wait and see.

200 words

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Meowls - 09-15-2017

[Image: D6XPxnI.png]

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Sanctus - 09-15-2017

[Image: DZa7dhV.jpg]

Harris is playmaker and shows he is going to make plays with the preseason so far with 3 interceptions.

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - youngcricket - 09-15-2017

Godfrey King is honestly going to be a legend. He started off as a star last year for the Arizona outlaws and he has continued to evolve over the offseason. Honestly with him added to Arbin Asipi, Jayce Tuck, and Dental Dam, there is a chance that the Outlaws will have the best defensive line out there as they continue to develop. And he's not only good on the field, he is good off of it. He is a good person with a good heart who works hard to be the best version of himself that he can possibly be. I respect how hard he works and the effort he puts in to being a better person and teammate each and every week. He loves to collect cards and make it seem like he has rare collectibles, but really he is just a weird guy with a weird habit. Still, I love him because he is a great teammate who would do anything to ensure that our team reaches the top. he is going to penetrate a lot of interior offensive lineman this season and it is going to be interesting to see how the team develops with him for us.

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Pat17 - 09-16-2017

[Image: iq3oJlK.jpg]

@kcheng686

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Sweetwater - 09-16-2017

I'm very excited to see all of the Sabercats' starting rookies, I feel the one that will have the most immediate impact on the field is the fifth overall draft pick, Iyah Blewitt. Now this was arguably the Sabercats' most controversial pick, as many believed Blewitt would still be available in later rounds. I believe that having a solid kicker/punter can have a more significant impact on a game than one might be lead to expect. It's no secret that the Sabercats lost more than one game due to a poor showing from their original kicker, and now they have one who is better in every way. But the, arguably, bigger impact to be noticed would be the punting game. As in the real NFL, being able to flip field position on an unsuccessful drive is vital to a solid defensive showing. Blewitt has already shown in the preseason that he has the capability to provide an excellent punting game that allows the special teams to get down the field and prevent a long return. If he keeps it up the Sabercats Defense will be a force to be reckoned with. It's Blewitt is a huge pickup for this franchise and will be a productive force this season.

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Darnellthebeast - 09-16-2017

Darnell Turner has been very excited with the rookie class coming up. One of the players he really wants to watch isn't even on his team; it is Benson Bayley, the new cornerback for the Sabercats. One of the reasons Turner likes him so much is they share a position. Turner wants to see Bayley succeed and for him to grow like the season 2 cornerbacks did. The season 2 class included rising stars such as Turner himself, Oles and O'Sullivan of the Liberty, and a few others, while established stars such as Dermot Lavelle also began their "official career". Cornerback is a difficult position because you truly need to be the most athletic player on the field if you want to succeed. You need to be able to match a wide receivers movements right away, so being at the same speed as the receiver will leave you behind if you can't read their mind before the play. It will be a sharp learning curve for Benson Bayley of course, going from college to the National Simulation Football League, but Turner believes that with hard work and some help from veterans on the team like John Canton Bayley has huge potential in these coming seasons.

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Shadowz - 09-16-2017

The rookie I'm most excited to play this season (aside from Godfrey King) is Clifford Rove, the new starting quarterback for the Philadelphia Liberty. The Liberty did better than many people expected last season, and did so without a strong player at the quarterback position. They decided to take Rove w/the 11th overall pick, filling that gap. Rove looks to be extremely promising, already showing he can hang with the rest of the league's quarterbacks. While in preseason he has had a little bit of trouble with throwing interceptions, those numbers should lessen as he adapts to the NSFL and the Liberty's schemes. In preseason he has also been able to throw for many yards and a healthy amount of TDs, suggesting that once he reins in his interception numbers, he'll be a force to look out for on the field. Even over his last season of college, Rove has been developing his game at an insanely fast rate, over the course of this season it should be no different. I predict that the Liberty will do better than last season, and that Rove will be an extremely strong candidate for Rookie of the Year, as he'll be able to start producing for his team immediately.

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - 124715 - 09-16-2017

I'm excited to see rookie LB William Ridley hit the field for the Liberty in S3. Ridley goes into a LB corps that was admittedly weak in S2, with Perry Tucker and Luke Washington playing lights out, but being dragged down by the lackluster Arby Krimlaw and Donovan Maric, neither of whom attend practice. However, over the offseason, the Liberty reached into free agency and snagged star LB A.C. Hackett, who looked to instantly bolster the unit. However, in the draft, the Liberty acquired Ridley, a massive steal if you ask me, who rounds out the unit of four hard working LBs.

Ridley has shown us all in practice that he can be a major force. He's big and strong enough to be a force on the outside, like Luke Washington, and quick and shifty enough to drop into coverage, similar to AC Hackett. He's a good scheme fit in the Liberty, and he's performed well in preseason, with sacks and passes defensed showing large promise for the young Linebacker. He's also under contract until Season 5, which will allow him to become an anchor on Philly's rapidly improving defense. I'm excited to see what this guy can bring to the Liberty defense, already one of the league's best.

Code:

@MacTonight

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Zoone16 - 09-16-2017

I have been looking forward to seeing Legion OL Wallace Stone play in the pre-season. On top of being good friends with Alexandre LeClair, Stone brings a much-needed help on a very weak offensive line that let 48 sacks occur. for the Las Vegas Legion. Stone announced his eligibility to the league late in in S2 and has gained a decent amount of TPE, sitting at 82 TPE as I write these words. Stone is a massive player, standing tall at 6'8" and weighing 340lbs. This Canadian giant specializes in pass blocking, which given his height doesn’t seem surprising at all. It will be interesting to see if anyone manages to move this rock of a human being. Should he impose himself, which given his imposing physique is a near given, he will provide time and space for Bercovici to throw his passes more accurately than last season, where only 48.1% of his passes were completed. This should also give more space for RB A. Savea who also seems poised to break into NSFL stardom. We’ll be on the lookout to see at what rate Wallace Stone improves over the next couple of seasons but we would not be surprised to see him become one of the best at his position right in his rookie season.