International Simulation Football League
(S44) PT #2 - I Love You, Man - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S44) PT #2 - I Love You, Man (/showthread.php?tid=47982)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: (S44) PT #2 - I Love You, Man - lemonoppy - 10-15-2023

For Thomas Sutha, even though he's been drafted to the Arizona Outlaws last season, he's still with the Minnesota Grey Ducks, and so those are the teammates he knows. Sutha isn't unfamiliar or unfriendly with the Outlaws players, in particular Danny Nedelko has helped him work on his game and how he trains, leading him to be the Offensive Player of the Year last season. The player that Sutha most appreciates and has enjoyed playing with so far has got to be Norman Smiley, a linebacker who has just been called up to the show. Norman Smiley was a defensive player of the year candidate last season, and he clearly put in the time and effort to get stronger, and most importantly, faster. Norman Smiley was also an active locker room prescense, excitedly pumping up the team and celebrating defensive plays and stops, leading a defensive corps that was decimated by call-ups. Even though Smiley is now on an opposing team, Sutha knows he'll be rooting for the quick wrestler.

RE: (S44) PT #2 - I Love You, Man - Muford - 10-15-2023

One of Blacksmith Andre's, and in turn my closest friends recently has been none other than Cheecago Boucher aka @UberBJ. He's been such a great guy in the local areas in San Jose, and has always just been a blast to hang out with after games. He and Blacksmith Andre both enjoy quite a few of the same things and have been able to bond over different games. Their most recent games they have been playing have been Total War Warhammer 3 and EA FC 24. Blacksmith Andre and Cheecago Boucher have been killing it in Pro Clubs especially. They have been able to go to one another for most things and are able to just talk to one another over most anything and everything. Cheecago Boucher has been a great friend to Blacksmith Andre and he continues to hope that it stays the same for a long time going forward. Cheecago Boucher is a great dude! 

(156 words)

RE: (S44) PT #2 - I Love You, Man - Water - 10-15-2023

Sack Sparrow came into the league a highly polarizing player. While he wound up proving himself in the DSFL as a terrifying but raw pass rusher his first league in the year was rough. The former star DT on the team, Nathan Meaghor who had been selfless enough to switch to OT was admired by all on the team. Being a clear leader on both the offense and the defense and loved by fans of the Fire Salamanders, Sack thought that learning how to succeed so he can stay in the league and not just be a passing physical specimen who wasn't mentally tough enough to actually find success like happened to so many others. Sack told the coach to put him on Meaghor on ever rep in practice and he went at him as hard as could be on every rep trying to get to the QB. On the rare occasion he actually succeeded, he was sure to make sure Nathan knew about it. With a raised eyebrow, Nathan after a particularly dominating block decided to critique Sack's technique and things got a bit heated. After the practice Sack went up to Nathan and apologized for throwing the first punch, and offered to buy him a drink. After that night Nathan and Sack have been inseperable, and while they still go at each other and talk loud on the field they make sure that the rivalry never leaves the field and in fact are best friends.

Code:
246 words

RE: (S44) PT #2 - I Love You, Man - JBLAZE_THE_BOSS - 10-15-2023

I usually don't care much for any players who aren't on my team, but if I had to pick one person, I think I know who it would be. There's a hotshot upstart rookie in Baltimore by the name of Sam Mercury. He's an old family friend of my father and uncle. His family played with my family for years over a number of different ventures. It seems like we've had a connection, but even as kids, we never were on the same team. That doesn't mean that we never saw each other play, though. Our families would often get together for huge BBQs and events. We would support each other in our ventures and be there for motivation. It's great to see him finally being called up to the big show. It's tough to see his team doing better than us right now, but the season is early. If there's anyone else in the league I wish personal success to, it's Sam. His team can stop winning but he could go ahead and go off in those losses, that's cool with me.

183 words

RE: (S44) PT #2 - I Love You, Man - captainsb - 10-15-2023

Before the draft, Joey Battle was very close to many rookie players. Unfortunately not many were on his team in Dallas after the Draft. And when you look at the majors draft into Chicago not many were still with the same team. With that said, I would say the one Joey is relatively close with last year and this year would be two separate players.

Last year, you would have to say as being part of the strong linebacker core, Joey relied on C Wake to learn the ropes around. The duo helped lead Dallas to the playoffs and gave the team amazing defensive success. It was a type of big bro - little bro scenario as Joey has taken over the lead for the linebacker core this season.

However, from a pure teammate perspective, Joey would like to say Dogwood Maple would be the guy at the end of the day would be buddy buddy with. Both have the baseball background, both in the same class and both were drafted by Dallas and Chicago. The two are hoping to lead Dallas out of the basement and do their best to turn around a rough start.

Code:
Words: 194

RE: (S44) PT #2 - I Love You, Man - RavensFanFromOntario - 10-15-2023

Best friends are such an immense asset to a team and the bonds forged between them help unite individuals to become more than the sum of their parts. Matrim knew this from his time fighting the dark, his bonds with Rand, Thom and Perrin caused him to not only become Taveren but to become more than he originally was. These days the person who's forged those intensely strong bonds with Matrim is Jordan Bamford. A loyal friend, fellow wide receiver, he saw Mat's talent and luck and introduced him to the nuance of the position to help him become a much better wide receiver on the reigning champion Portland Pythons. Without Bamford, Matrim wouldn't know how to break in and out of routes properly or how to hand fight at the line of scrimmage in order to get better positioning on short routes. His foot work would still by abysmal, not that any of it matters since Mat has all the luck in the world but he's still forever thankful for Jordan Bamford.

RE: (S44) PT #2 - I Love You, Man - g2019 - 10-15-2023

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S44) PT #2 - I Love You, Man - Nathan - 10-15-2023

Dewalt has been a great person to interact with and talk to in my time in the ISFL as a member of Berlin.  He’s been an enthusiastic presence in the Fire Salamanders LR server during games.  He’s been incredibly helpful as well.  He helped give advice and explain how I could efficiently use my TPE for my builds as I progressed before hitting my TPE max, as well as my switch to Offensive Tackle.  My position switch in particular showed Dewalt to be a very engaged user as well as very intelligent in terms of the league.  He’s also helped give me advice for my plans beyond my current build.  Outside from specifically ISFL topics, Dewalt’s just a great person to talk to.  He’s been very polite, even in times when I’ve been somewhat heated or upset, and shares a lot of interests with me such as sports and the NFL.

RE: (S44) PT #2 - I Love You, Man - ComebackZak - 10-15-2023

Quote:Written option: In every sport, there's always a teammate (or even a player on another team) that always has your back and is considered a best friend. Who is that player? What made you become besties with them? What similarities do you have? Describe your friendship!

I would say that Frank Dux's closest friend on the team is Blaine Falco, his quarterback on the New York Silverbacks. Ever since Dux was traded to New York, it was like a moment hasn't passed since the two were teammates on the Minnesota Grey Ducks. They complement each other so well and Dux has been a great weapon in the pass game, especially on check downs for Falco. The two are equally important to the offense in their own right and are signed to an equally long contract because Dux wanted to be signed to the team as long as Falco so that their primes are lined up. They are both seen as leaders in the locker room and have great chemistry. They bonded initially over their deep love of 2000's emo music, 90's action movies, and their love of football and it'll be fun to see that grow as they continue to play together for many more years.

Code:
160 words

RE: (S44) PT #2 - I Love You, Man - shadyshoelace - 10-15-2023

Lenard McRobinson is friendly with all of his teammates, as he knows that a great locker room environment exists when everyone knows that you've got each others' best interests at heart. When you feel a bond with the people around you, you can push and challenge each other without it turning toxic. But among all of his compatriots on the Kansas City Coyotes, McRobinson feels a particular bond with wide receiver Leonard McCoy. The two players arrived on the team at the same time as S44 players, and the fact that they bear strikingly similar names helped them break the ice and get off on the right foot. Then, as they've spent a lot of time working together as quarterback and receiver - Leonard is Lenard's only human receiver on the roster - they've developed a particularly close connection with on another. This pays dividends on the field, as their rapport puts them on the same page during crucial moments of the game.