International Simulation Football League
(S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+--- Thread: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory (/showthread.php?tid=53462)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - zeagle1 - 10-13-2024

SHL PT

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Jimi64 - 10-13-2024

I think that the ISFL could be played similarly to blitzball in Final Fantasy X. This sport was played in a large sphere of water, with the players constantly submerged. This would of course mean that ISFL players would have to train differently, as the players in FFX have developed practically superhuman breathing capabilities, being able to last the entire match holding their breath. I don't know if lineman would remain as large as they are normally, as they would be burning a lot of calories in the water. I would love playing power running back in this environment, probably because I also respected the strength of water polo players, as I would relish powering through other players in the water. The quarterbacks would have to really improve their arm strength to deal with the water resistance. The end zone markers would have to be a bit different, so it may have to be a certain section of the water sphere that is designated an endzone, such as the final 1/10th of the sphere or something.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Hacob - 10-13-2024

If Feka Ohi Kau were to play on a new stadium, he would choose for that to be on a beach in his home of Niue. This should give him the greatest advantage as possible over the rest of his opponents as he trained in the sand throughout his childhood. Additionally, the sand would slow down everyone else, giving Ohi Kau a bigger advantage as he would be able to utilize his strength and size and the speed of opposing defensive backs would much much reduced. He also would be used to the hot and humid environment, which would be a stark contrast from the cold winters found at many other DSFL teams. He is very acclimated to playing in the humidity and heat, and it would mean that he would be able to be especially effective at the end of the game as he would withstand the tiring effects of the environment much better than everyone else.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - lunaripcole - 10-13-2024

Traditionally, football games have been played on grass/turf, but I think changing the terrain could make for some extremely interesting football. I think if football was a watersport, it would be really cool. The sport would definitely lose its heavy hitting aspect, but wouldn't lose it's physicality or danger. I think that tackles would have to include dunking someone's head underwater (incredibly dangerous; this should never happen irl). I also think there would be a lot more grappling involved, something that is traditionally not allowed in football. Though without padding (I think that's to much to deal with reasonably in water), you can't just slam shoulders into each other for a couple hours. So I think lineman will be required to grapple defenders to hold them from getting to their QB. All in all, I think a terrain change would change the port enough that it wouldn't be considered football anymore, and the skill set would be very different.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Symmetrik - 10-13-2024

SHL PT

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - ItsFrenchie - 10-13-2024

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Crunk - 10-13-2024

I guess the only thing that makes sense is for the Arizona Outlaws to play their games in the actual Yuma desert, in the sand dunes.

Firstly, we would have to make our uniforms much lighter and more sparse in order to compensate for the incredible heat out in the desert - players overheating would be a huge issue and I'm not sure that extra water breaks alone would cut it.

We would need to have some kind of special cleats in order to grip into sand, mandatory visors to keep sand out of eyes and definitely have the visors darkened to give some protection from the sun.

Finally, the uniforms would have to be heat resistant - the burns from being tackled into a pile of sand that has been baking in the desert sun would be horrific.

Arizona's run game would probably do well here, nobody is going to be able to run a route properly on sand, so ground and pound will probably do well.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - dylanjj37 - 10-13-2024

The Dallas Birddogs were one of the first teams to be invited to try a new sport, Ice Football. They were invited along with the Bondi Beach Buccaneers to Juan Ceson Resort in Las Vegas, home of the world’s largest and best ice hockey arena and with state-of-the-art practice rinks. VHL legend Juan Ceson himself is helping pioneer the sport, in which football is played on ice. It is played on an Olympic sized rink rather than American to give more room for plays. The only real difference is players are on skates instead of running up and down the field. The player with the most difficult change is no doubt the kicker, who know has to manage to kick the ball while skating and also try not to slice open the ball with the blade which is extremely difficult for most people as it requires kicking in an entirely different style to what kickers are used to. Thankfully, William Metzler the Dallas kicker (who doesn’t punt) proved to be exceptionally good at kicking wearing skates and was even offered a contract by Juan Ceson for once he gets his new league up and running.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - KnowledgeBoy - 10-13-2024

Seeing the ISFL play on the moon would not only be extremely fun and interesting for the teams, but also be difficult to adapt to with the lower gravity environments. In general, every player would have to carefully plan their trajectories if they plan to jump to catch, block, or intercept the ball due to the players having increased uncontrolled airtime with the low gravity. On the other hand, if the players acclimated to the low gravity setting and run optimally, they can reach higher speeds, making each drive faster and adding more pressure to the QB. Execution would have to be tight as I’d imagine the room for error is larger in this environment, but each action would be less taxing on the players, leading to increased longevity. In this scenario, Okuyasu would probably have trouble adapting to the new low gravity environment, and on top of that, he’d more likely goof off with the realization that he is, somehow, in space! However, if he used his stand, Za Hando, he would be a huge player on the moon field as he can delete space-time in front of him to teleport short distances! This would give him increased maneuverability on the ground and in the air, and as a result, I can see this action being banned.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - shadyshoelace - 10-13-2024

If football were played on another surface rather than the grass or turf that is traditionally used, I would hope for the Honolulu Hahalua that the new playing field would be a fish tank filled with water. As one of just two fish-based teams in the league (and only a couple of other teams, like the Otters, really having the ability to maneuver in water), the Hahalua would certainly dominate on this field even more than they already do on land. Just think about how the tank would add a third dimension to the field of play, allowing players to go above and below one another rather than just along a plane. You'd see the aquatic equivalent of some stellar jukes and hurdles as the team uses its top speed of 22 miles per hour to dart through the blue, especially when opposing players have to resurface every play or two to take in another gulp of air.