International Simulation Football League
(S1) - PT #1 - Draft Profile - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S1) - PT #1 - Draft Profile (/showthread.php?tid=208)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

(S1) - PT #1 - Draft Profile - timeconsumer - 05-29-2017

(05-29-2017, 08:25 AM)Grapehead Wrote:@timeconsumer  :cheers:

Today we're going to take a quick look at offensive lineman Angus Winchester. Hailing from Manchester, TN, this rugged beast brings a resume of hard work and dedication. While he relies heavily on his strength, he also has great conditioning and endurance. Not particularly smart or fast, the product  out of the University of Wisconsin-Madison made a name for himself with exceptional blocking on the line. While the 6'6” lineman isn't expected to come off the board early on, any team that selects him will be in for a treat. Winchester's personality is infectious and his teammates have always spoken fondly of him. Adding him to your locker room will be a home run, and his contributions on the field will pay dividends. Wherever he ends up, this farm raised country boy is in for a bit of a culture shock, because when it comes to NSFL team locations there is no place like home. That won't phase Winchester though. Everything in his life has prepared him to take this opportunity and run with it, and you can bet that he will. Don't sleep on Angus Winchester in this upcoming draft, because he is absolutely a one of a kind athlete.

As Winchester's agent I approve of this profile. I would also like to add a quote:

"Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

(S1) - PT #1 - Draft Profile - Lainncli - 05-29-2017

Kieran O'Connell - All-Purpose Running Back - Pittsburgh

O'Connell's main claim to fame is unfortunately nothing to do with football - Rather, he's notable as one of a handful of European players who are entering this draft. Despite being a relative latecomer to the game, the Scotsman grew quickly under Paul Chryst and then truly broke out in his senior year with Pat Narduzzi. Putting up impressive numbers and being proving his worth in a variety of plays, O'Connell looks like a valuable and versatile player able to make his mark in any offense in this league.

Strengths

Physicality: O'Connell is a true athlete. Whilst some prospects may beat him for strength and some for speed, few can match him for both and in many eyes that makes him the most explosive back in this draft.

Endurance: O'Connell beats or matches every other running back in this draft for staying power. Making at least twenty carries a game in his senior year - for an average of twenty-four with six receptions a game - and no injuries thus far in his college career, O'Connell's reliability and commitment cannot be disputed.

Weaknesses

Experience: To be clear, O'Connell has not struggled in any sense with his knowledge of the game throughout college. However, it remains to be seen if he can wrap his head around the concepts of a pro-style offense. With most the league in rebuild, few want the risk of taking a player high then being forced to sit them while they learn the playbook.

Agility: Again, more a lack of strength than a weakness. Whilst not sluggish nor slow, O'Connell is yet to show the ability to consistently break free and put defenders on skates in the open field. There's no suggestion he can't consistently make yards, but he may be found lacking the X-factor to make an eight yard run into an eighty yard TD when against a higher level of defender.

(S1) - PT #1 - Draft Profile - Bafetimbi Gomis - 05-29-2017

There are a lot of sure fire prospects at the Linebacker position in the inaugural NSFL entry draft. Almost all of them will help their teams right away. The only unknown at that position however is UAE's Khalifa Al Mahrouqi. Unlike all other players that will be entering the NSFL Entry Draft, Khalifa did not commit to playing college football. Instead he went professional right away playing in Japan's X League. In Japan he played for current league champions Fujitsu Frontiers where he became the most versatile player the league has ever seen. With Fujitsu he played Linebacker, Fullback, Kick Returner, and Punt Returner. While playing these positions in the 4 seasons he's been in Japan, he has 50 INTs, 500 sacks, 12,000 rushing yards, and 40 return touchdowns leading the Fujitsu Frontiers to 2 Rice Bowl championships.

Despite being the best player to ever play American Football in Japan, Khalifa is still considered an unknown. In Japan the level of competition in the sport of football is much more lower than college football and even Canadian football. What also steers general managers away from Khalifa is his explosive personality and his Muslim faith. Rumor has it that one general manager was told by the league not to draft Khalifa because of President Donald Trump's potential Muslim ban.

(S1) - PT #1 - Draft Profile - TheLoopster - 05-29-2017

Mike McNoodle
Strong Safety
Michigan Wolverines #32
6'1"
207lbs

Strengths

Strength: McNoodle really puts the strong in Strong Safety. During his time at Michigan, opposing offensives were repeatedly shocked by his ability to push blockers aside and bring the ballcarrier down without missing a single step. Receivers and running backs alike feared being caught in the 'McNoose,' the term applied to McNoodle's ability to leverage his strength in order to force a fumble out of a player in almost any circumstance. A sure tackler, scouts have noted that, were he to pack on some extra pounds, McNoodle might be able to serve admirably as a linebacker.

Coverage: McNoodle is a phenomenal shut-down safety both in support of a corner or when left on his own. He rarely falls prey to jukes or other moves and sticks to his man like glue, allowing few receptions and even fewer touchdowns.

Leadership and Character: If you were to ask a player on the Michigan defense who's in charge, they'd point you to Mike McNoodle. A team captain his sophomore, junior and senior years, off the field McNoodle is the opposite of his tough, aggressive on-the-field play style - an amiable friend to anyone and an especially willing mentor to his younger teammates. While at Michigan he maintained a high GPA and was well-liked in the history department. His position coach is quoted as noting how "he always had his nose in some [expletive]ing book, the [expletive]ing nerd."

Weaknesses

Weak Ballhawk: McNoodle racked up few interceptions in college, seeming to be far more comfortable with breaking up or preventing a pass than catching it himself. His hands were seen to be a weak point in his game, as several of the interception opportunities he had during his tenure were given up after he bobbled the ball or let it slip right through his hands.

Injury History: During his freshman year, McNoodle tore his groin while mowing the lawn, causing him to miss most of the season. While he has not missed a game since, on several occasions he has had to sit out quarters while complaining of pain in the area he was injured, leading some to believe that the injury has not completely healed.

The Bottom Line

In a safety class brimming with talent, Mike McNoodle clearly distinguishes himself, and will be a day one starting Strong Safety in the league. Multiple All-Pro seasons and a historic career are far from out of question for him. His poor ballhawk skills may cause him to drop out of the first couple rounds, but any team that picks him up will be getting a superb tackler and coverage man with the potential to be a cornerstone of their defense for years to come.

(S1) - PT #1 - Draft Profile - Professorpayne69 - 05-29-2017

MARCUS "THE MOUNTAIN" BOYD - OFFENSIVE LINE

AT A GLANCE

6'5" 3/4"
347.9 lbs
Wahoo Nebraska
Run Blocker

OVERVIEW

Marcus Boyd hails out of Texas A&M where he started all four years. He was a highly touted prospect coming out of Wahoo Nebraska with absolute dominant offensive line play. Due to his size coaches started Marcus at DT periodically until his role as an OL was solidified against stiffer college competition. Marcus Boyd is befitting the nickname "Mountain" given to him his sophomore year of high school, which has stuck ever since. Marcus enjoyed a squeaky clean record until a recent fast food restaurant incident, likely jeopardizing his draft stock slightly. When asked if character concerns are an issue for him, he is quick to assert they are absolutely not. Marcus has been plugged in at right tackle as well as center but appears to flourish as an interior lineman playing right guard. Boyd had an incredible senior year to wrap up his senior year with fewest QB hurries and knock backs at his position in the SEC. Marcus played right guard on a Texas A&M o-line that racked up highest Standard Downs Line Yards per Carry and highest Opportunity Rate in the NCAA his senior year.

STRENGTHS

Outstanding proportional frame with combination of strength and power. Fires into his target with a forceful pop generating solid power and push. Makes the men around him better. Can uproot a defender and turn him out of his hole as a run blocker. Able to respond to power with power. Works seamlessly from block to block in confusing defensive fronts.

WEAKNESSES

Average pass blocker. Balance is a concern on pass protection. At times he ducks with his head low while on the move leading to occasionally losing site of his blocks. Gets caught punching from balls of his feet and without bend allowing faster defenders to burn him.

BOTTOM LINE

Five-star RECRUIT and four year starter at right guard who is a class above most OL prospects. Impressive power at the point of impact and athletic for his size allowing him to fit complex NSFL run schemes. Hours of tape on record with top SEC defensive talent getting shut down, who will soon be playing in the NSFL. The tape shows a powerful offensive lineman with uncanny run blocking game and average at best pass blocking, which may be a concern.

(S1) - PT #1 - Draft Profile - Valtookan - 05-29-2017

Hey all, I'm Harrif Ernston. I don't know how off the radar I am but I wanted to start off by telling all of you a bit about myself. I am one of the .... better traveled Linebackers coming to the NSFL. I've played at 3 different schools and played with a few different LB who are going into the draft (Sinjin Flimjollywop, Reginald Hampshireton, Kurt Hendrix). I'm a recent College Grad too, I majored in Mechanical Engineering. It was a bit difficult to do with Football but when I saw the MIT football players doing it I knew I could do the same.

I personally feel like a plague is coming to the NSFL and the only antidote is a Linebacker; a Coverage Linebacker. There aren't many of us, only three out of the 15 Linebacker Prospects actually. With the incoming influx of WRs, and Possession TEs every team need a LB who can cover. I can image a GM also wants that LB to not be a liability in the run game. People may shift their eyes to a "Balanced" LB; but something which is overlooked is the inferiority of Balanced LBs to Coverage LBs! Just look at the Linebacker Template! A Coverage LB starts out with 10 more agility and has a 10 higher Agility cap! You know what the SAM is going to need to cover the timing route thrown to a TE? Agility. What the WILL LB needs to cover that slot WR, and or blitz the QB? Agility. Now, some may fault us for not having great tackling skills. Yet, when you see that we are more intelligent, better catchers, faster out of college, and just more NSFL-ready out of college. A Coverage LB like myself will definetly help any team be competitive in the early seasons and have a great coverage guy in later seasons.