International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT2 - Host City - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT2 - Host City (/showthread.php?tid=29848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - mee - 02-10-2021

SHL

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - HENDRIX 2.0 - 02-11-2021

If I could pick the location of the season 27 Ultimus championship we would do something that has never even been contemplated. An extreme location for an extreme league of juiced up super athletes. We would head to the Arctic Ocean and play the ultimate game on a glacier. This place will be far more harsh and cold than Yellowknife. Players and fans would have to arrive via ship, helicopter, or plane. This game would be a very bare bones type of environment. Bleachers would be set up around the field. A group of refs would show up and some black paint would outline the football field. State of the art television equipment would be at the game though. Not many people will be stupid enough to pay hundreds of dollars for the trip just to survive watching a game in extremely cold temperatures. This game has to be shown live to the rest of the world. The halftime show would involve a polar bear circus act. Handlers would entertain the hypothermic crowd by using fish to encourage the 600 pound bears to perform tricks. Whichever team was still alive after 0:00 in the 4th quarter would raise an Ultimus trophy encased in an ice block with their frost bitten arms. (212 words)

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Rusfan - 02-11-2021

If you had to ask me where I'd put the Ultimus and Ultimini games, I'd first decide to do what the NFL does every year and put them in a different stadium each season. That way we'd get some diverse locations and some interest in each stadium and city around the league. I would always choose the stadium of the expansion team that finished first in the standings against it's counterpart, so for example in the year we added New York and Berlin to the league I'd place the championship games in New York's stadium, both the Ultimus and Ultimini, one right after the other. Otherwise it would be decided based on a lottery with the chances going from the bottom of the leagues previous years standings, with the previous 3 hosts removed from contention to avoid repeating the host too close to each other. If for example the same team placed last two years within that 3 year period they would only be eliminated once (obviously) and the year would go back as far as it was needed to eliminate a repeat team. The halftime show would involve whatever is populer that year. Be it a pop star or planking for 20 minutes in front of the crowd.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - LB3737 - 02-11-2021

Were I to choose the host location for next seasons Ultimus, I would for sure want somewhere a bit flashier than your average city. The location would simply have to be a good social hub, with lots of shopping locations for people coming to watch, to make sure they stay a while. As well as this, it would need to be a bit of a hotter climate, because this would suit my team the Sarasota Sailfish better, on their journey to battering whatever poor team has the misfortune of having to play us in the big game. For these reasons the stadium (and city) I would choose to host the Ultimus this season would probably the Maracana in Rio de Janeiro. A godsend of a city (at least the nice parts), and a decently sized stadium to boot, to fit the people piling in to watch the Sarasota Sailfish take their first championship. Rio of course has a lot of shops and social life, as well as brilliant beaches to ensure that the visitors coming to watch the game would stay a while. Obviously, all this is purely dependent on whether we are able to, maybe we’ll have to do a completely isolated game, what with COVID and whatnot

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - y2bobman - 02-11-2021

I've always thought that big events like these (I'll class the superbowl as one even though it pales into insignificance when compared  to the Ultimus, or even Ultimini for that matter) should be a neutral venue.  The fans who attend week in week out will likely be uprooted for corporate suits to entertain clients come finals day.  So let the real fans gather together at local bars, or a beam back in the stadium. Send these corporate suits to my neutral venue, on the largest sea vessel on the planet.  Location can be anywhere, or could even change during play.  First half off the coast of Greenland, second half off the coast of Senegal.  A change in weather conditions always adds to the spectacle.  Or mix it up, have the vessel lay anchor in the Gulf of Arden and see if the teams end the game with a full roster.

As for a half time show, the NFL are all about attracting new viewers. So they put on some lousy pop show to attract the kids.  Fair enough.  But this is the ISFL. I'm proposing a great illusion show, Penn and Teller esq. which may or may not involve the QB of one of the teams being mysteriously hampered for the second half.  Probably shouldn't say that out loud.

I'm just spit balling, sure. But it would certainly make me tune in. Well, apart from every year the Outlaws make Ultimus of course.  Anyone got the number for a bodyguard or three?

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - NicholasTheGreat - 02-11-2021

The ideal location for both the Ultimini championship game and the Ultimus championship game is in Melbourne, Australia. In Melbourne there is one of the greatest and most memorable sporting ground in the entire world, the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

The Melbourne Cricket Ground, commonly referred to as the MCG, was the centrepiece venue for the 1956 Olympics in Melbourne and currently has a capacity of over 90 thousand spectators. It is currently home to and previously hosted a large number of famous events including:

- Cricket Matches since 1877
- A large Billy Graham sermon in 1959 that had almost 150 thousand people in attendance
- Housed American soldiers during the Second World War
- The main venue for the 2006 Commonwealth Games
- The final of the 2015 International Champions Cup between Real Madrid and Manchester City which gathered a crowd of 99,382.
- It was the venue for WWE’s Super Show-Down in 2018
- Held an Eminem concert in 2019 that had over 80 thousand in attendance.
- Had one of the highest ever crowds for a women’s sporting event with the final of the Women’s Cricket World Cup in 2020, a crowd of 86 thousand people.

All of these events prove the validity of the Melbourne Cricket Ground as a world-class venue and show that it is deserving of hosting championship football for the leagues.

The halftime show will be a salute to the greatest music from Australia. The bands and artists performing will be:
- AC/DC
- INXS
- Silverchair
- Powderfinger
- Kylie Minogue
- Jimmy Barnes [AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH]
- Gotye.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - TheCC - 02-11-2021

Oh there are so many great options to choose from for an Ultimus or Ultimini host city. I think that I would choose to send the Ultimus to a DSFL city, and send the Ultimini to an ISFL city. This guarantees that it’s not going to give a team an unfair home field advantage. It would also be nice if it could be chosen after the two Ultimus teams are finalized, that way you could make sure that the host city isn’t wayyyy closer to one city than the other, but I’m not sure how that would be received. I know it wouldn’t work in real life lol. So I think that I’ll just choose the most fun cities from each league. Let’s start with the Ultimus, which is going to be a DSFL city in my scenario. I think that two cities can be axed from the list immediately, and unfortunately Minnesota (Duluth), MY team, is one of them. The other would be Norfolk. They just don’t seem like the most fun cities to host in haha. I think that my top two choices would be London and Tijuana. Tijuana is known as a party city, so I think that it would have to get the nod this season. London is attractive because it’s one of the most prestigious cities in the world, and would be a very neutral site in terms of fans and time zones. For the Ultimini in an ISFL city, I think that I like the idea of playing in Honolulu.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - King Jellyfish - 02-11-2021

[Image: wnFUx8L.png]

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - MachineEarnedRuns - 02-11-2021

PBE Affiliate Link

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Birdman - 02-11-2021

SHL Affiliation - LordBirdman