International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there (/showthread.php?tid=29956)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - toivo - 02-19-2021

PBE PT I'm Kahn on PBE

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - y2bobman - 02-19-2021

There are two players I'd like focus on.  And yes, I have my big fat biased eight wins in a row glasses on, so what.

Firstly, and it's an obvious one for me.  Tatsu. Nakamura.

An off season trade to the Outlaws from the Otters.  A new team system to fit in to.  Plus a brand new SIM.  Nakamura has come out all guns blazing, the kid is on fire.  Put simply he just seems to have found an amazing rhythm on the field.  Hes just smashed through 1000 yards in the opening 10 games, leading the league in yards made and yards per carry, averaging five here.  Raphtalia Chan is running him close, but just not quite close enough.  I think he'll come out top for RBotY, possibly even OPotY too.  And what about MVP?  Well that's maybe another story, and perhaps he'll be pushed all the way there by another teammate of mine, Offensive Lineman Jay Cue.

Jay Cue. The nearly man of the QB world, it's crazy that in his final season before retiring hes making huge waves as an OL.  And people are taking notice.  Over 70 pancakes, no sacks allowed, thay puts him up there with the best.  Should an OL win MVP? No. Should Jay Cue the player be retiring with at least one MVP under his belt? Absolutely. Jay Cue deserves better.

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - PMoney - 02-19-2021

Big Edd is going to win the Defensive tackle of the year award and it isn’t going to be close. We should probably just give him the award now as he’s proven time and time again throughout his career that Edd is a winner. Edd doesn’t care about what the team around him is doing, he’s won the DTotY award twice already in his career on different teams and now he’s about to win it a 3rd time.

In the major stat for DTs, he’s got 5 TFLs, which is second among the position group and only 1 behind Hank Steel but he’s also leading DT’s in sack numbers, with 6. This puts him 1 ahead in plays in the backfield of any of his competitors and this is only where his dominance starts. His 48 tackles are way above the rest of the field, 20% above second place and he’s caused 3 FF and recovered 1 of those. He leads or almost leads in every category you could ask for as a DT and he does it all while being BIG EDD. Some teammates in Colorado question his work ethic as he sleeps on the field in almost 50% of his snaps. But when he wakes, he decimates opposing OLs and puts your QB to sleep instead.

Code:
218 words

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - AdamS - 02-19-2021

I'm gonna talk about a very deserving award candidate. Young hot rising star WR Adam C. Spencer. That's right. Myself. I can realistically see two possible accolades this season. First and most obvious, the Pro Bowl. Adam has been at the top of the TD reception chart all year, battling among the best. While the catches and yards may look a bit pedestrian, Adam has been playing as the team's primary slot receiver in addition to lining up outside. Doing the dirty work in the short game. So those eye popping YPC numbers won't be there but that touchdown efficiency sure is. If this pace continues, Spencer should be a strong contender to pick up a Pro Bowl slot.

Beyond that, there's the Breakout Player award. In his third season Adam is on pace to eclipse both his first and second seasons' totals combined. Moving from afterthought to real threat in one season. if that's not the definition of breakout I don't know what is. With 6 more games left on the schedule, including games with 4 of the league's most pass heavy offenses that could erupt into shootouts, these stats could very well continue to climb as Spencer remains the favorite red zone target of the potential MVP Quarterback. Vote for me!

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - CementHands - 02-19-2021

SHL PT Claim

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Vaelynn - 02-19-2021

I am so glad I waited until the end of this week to post my opinion here – there is now a strong case for what I plan to lobby. I think Remus Roman deserves the Rookie of the Year award, a strong assertion considering his short resume of starts in the league. Portland runs a Running Back by Committee approach with an interesting twist… rather than a typical “Thunder and Lightning” approach, Portland prefers to run two speed backs (what I call the “Lightning and Lightning” approach). Roman stands out because of his incredible production on such few carries a game. Roman averages 10.4 carries per game with 6.2 yards per carry (#1 of all running backs by nearly a yard). On top of that the entire DSFL got to watch as Roman placed the Pythons on his back to carry them to victory against the Kansas City Coyotes. On just SIX CARRIES, Roman rushed for a DSFL record 269 yards, breaking free for 4 runs over 30 yards, 3 touchdowns and at one point a DSFL record 89 yard scamper for a touchdown (not to be outdone, Roman’s counterpart Giovanni Bianchi broke his record by 3 yards later in the game). The game ended in a 24-21 victory for the Pythons, all three Portland touchdowns coming from Roman himself.
I think it is a tough sell to have Roman win the award over teammate Saleem Spence, but I think he has firmly placed himself in the conversation.

(250 words)

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Jay_Doctor - 02-19-2021

We are 10 games into the season now, and things are starting to really to take shape. Someone that I want to get all the credit in the world is Ben Slothlisberger. As his teammate, I know firsthand how hard he has worked to get to this point. While he has led New Orleans to an Ultimus appearance quite recently, he is his own biggest critic. Well this season he has proven to be one of if not the best quarterbacks in the league. He leads the league in passing yards, 2nd in touchdowns, 1st in interceptions, and a close 4th in passer rating. It's important to note that he also has the best touchdown to interception ratio to this point. All of this has come with insane efficiency, as he isn't even top 6 in attempts. This just goes to show he is doing things efficiently and not just launching the ball all over the place. NOLA has the top passing attack in large part due to Slothlisberger. He has certainly had a go-to receiver in Barker this season who is also having a fantastic season. The connection these two have displayed is something that Second Line fans have to be excited about. Having a Quarterback of the Year caliber player and borderline League MVP is something that could be a huge benefit in free agency as well. 

Quote:229 words

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Net - 02-19-2021

pbe

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - TheDangaZone - 02-19-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Mavfatha - 02-19-2021

It looks to me like a 3-way race for the best human controlled offensive lineman this season. On the raw numbers side, it's hard to argue with Tremblay of the Liberty. Though his efforts are not really leading to team success or anything, he's the league leader in pancakes by such a large gap right now that I can not really imagine anyone catching him on that side of things. On the other hand, he's given up 2 sacks so far, which is not a huge number but it is at least something of a knock against his case for this award. That leaves open some room for the next two competitors to have a chance at catching up to him in the voting. Those next two would be Buckley of the Wraiths and Mellott of the Second Line. Buckley has the advantage of playing on a better team, while Mellott is making it work despite the struggles of New Orleans. They each have about the same number of pancakes - though about 15 behind Tremblay each - but their main points for getting to this award is the fact that neither has allowed a sack. If that keeps up and one of them can also make up a bit of ground on the pancakes, I'd put them as the favorite for the award, but right now it's Tremblay's to lose.