International Simulation Football League
(S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade (/showthread.php?tid=35118)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Jay_Doctor - 09-17-2021

Well I joined in Season 19, which would technically mean Season 18 for DSFL purposes. It's crazy to think I've made it through a whole decades of our league now. My favorite couple of league moments have usually stemmed from winning something, like when New Orleans won the Ultimus or when Tijuana won the Ultimini when I was fortunate to be GM there. I've written about both of those moments at least once or twice now, so I'm going to write about something that I'm not sure I've ever really talked that much about before. Perhaps one of the greatest moments for me came from when @woelkers hired me to become a Rookie Mentor. In that moment, I was quite excited to begin what would become one of the most rewarding sim league experiences I've ever had. Outside of that initial moment of excitement, the true reason why it was an amazing experience for me was my fellow rookie mentors. I can honestly say that the crew we had going would become my collective best friends in the league/sim league community/internet. I was even fortunate to meet up with one of them after the fact. To Woelkers, Tom, Bagel, Teyon, Isa, Scorp and Murtsi, thank you for being amazing friends and great coworkers in a fake sim league. You all have made my experience that much better than it would have been without you guys.

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Vorshayla - 09-17-2021

My most memorable year in this last decade has definitely been when I first joined the league in S20.  I was brought on by @RainDelay as part of your big recruiting plan and I was part of the 2nd largest group in a while which was a treat.  I definitely came in with the mindset of wanting to be a villain where people just didn't like the character because he was too good at what he did and knew it.  

I picked the most obnoxious name I could think of, and now it's a hall of fame name if I do say so myself and all my future recreates will have the same branding because the league won't be the same without a HeHateMe in some form.  

Definitely the people have made the experience fun and exciting.  I think as a newbie, the mentor staff as well as HO were very helpful with questions even as I'm sure they must have answered those questions hundreds of times before they always gave me the time and answered them to where I was able to understand and follow along to become an active and engaged member of the sim community.  

It was always a joy to watch your dot on screen and hope that it would out perform all the other dots on the screen every couple of days and soon I got to know more and more people from the league.

Definitely one of my better decisions to join this community when I did and I hope to be here for some time more in the future.

266 words

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - CementHands - 09-17-2021

SHL PT Claim

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Skindog44 - 09-17-2021

PT 31-1

Well considering I just started my decade here as a season 30 create I'm going to look ahead to the next ten seasons. to be 100% honest I just finished a decade over in the pbe and reflecting back on that it was very interesting somewhat sad. in my career I did not accomplishes everything that I would like with that player. so looking ahead in the ISFL I am hoping to achieve more goals as an impactful player for my team, as well as be a part of some playoff runs. I would like to look back and hopefully have one or two rings to my name and a lot of memories of enjoying the locker room during playoff runs with my teammates. Bing as involved as I currently am and having some events and podcast schedule of my teammates currently it'll be exciting to see myself in one in real life years’ time which is typically ten seasons to see what all happened over the last ten years of my career with this particular create.  I hope I get to look back fondly an look back on some awards and some championships and some memories of my friends in the locker room and even maybe even look back on the same team as I am now. Only time will tell, but I am hopeful for the future, and I am currently loving my time in the league.

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - RussDrivesTheBus - 09-17-2021

I’m incredibly lucky to have more than a couple great memories to choose from for this prompt, so this may prove a bit difficult. I’ve been a part of 4 championship teams; 2 as a player and 2 as a GM. Both of my draft nights were fantastic and great experiences. Minnesota and San Jose welcomed me with open arms and still do to this day. I’ve gotten to bring championships to both franchises that took a shot on me, which has been so rewarding in many ways. I’m not sure I could ever rank those events. So instead I’ll cop out and get mushy about some other stuff.

My favorite memories from this league are the 8-hour voice chats I’ve had with the guys and gals of the Minnesota locker room. Sometimes we even have guests (lookin at you, @Tesla). We play games, talk shit, help each other with life situations. I’ve laid witness to the creation of some of the finest art man has ever seen @"Netlandic". I’ve had heart to hearts with people that were enriching for all parties. I’ve stayed up til 4am looking at…pictures with @TheCC. These are the nights I’ll remember from the last 10 seasons in this league for as long as my brain allows. Much love.

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Reno - 09-17-2021

SHL PT Affiliate

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - TheDangaZone - 09-17-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Thelastheraclid - 09-17-2021

I am not a league historian. Why look at the past when the future is so bright? Especially is sunny Austin, Texas! Former DSFL hot shot wide receiver, Cliff Burton, is making his ISFL debut and that is something for the league to be excited about. What’s that? Burton has played three games with the Copperheads and does not have a single reception. He has had literally zero impact so far in the big league. My hopes for the next 10 seasons is for Burton to catch a single god damn ball during his ISFL career. That’s all. One single, itty-bitty, teenie weenie, catch. It does not even need to be for a touchdown. Hell, it does not even have to be for a first down. To just have my name show up on the game report is the goal for the next ten seasons. Once that goal is met, the sky is the limit. Maybe a TD? Maybe a return to knowing how to be a wide receiver and showing up in the Pro Bowl? Maybe a championship. At the moment, Burton really does only have the goal of becoming an actual asset at the ISFL level. He is teetering on the verge of being a complete bust. He is setting baby step goals for the rest of his career after maybe buying into the hype after his DSFL days.

231 words

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Haseo - 09-17-2021

Code:
212 words

I've only been in the league for a few seasons now, but my favorite moment of the last ten seasons was definitely winning the Offensive Rookie Award in Season 30 over some really heavy competition.

For starters, here are my stats from Season 30: 81 catches for 831 yards and 4 TDs; I averaged 5.1 catches and 51.9 yards a game with 44.4% of my catches going for first downs. I was the security blanket for my quarterback and my hands were reliable. I even had a walk-off TD catch in overtime during Week 11. I made a huge impact on my team at one of the most undervalued positions on the roster.

There's also a good bit of interesting history behind my winning this award. I am the first Otter in 27 seasons to win, after Steve O'Sullivan, brother of the GOAT, Julian O'Sullivan. Here's another interesting tidbit - I am the first Tight End to win the award in 24 seasons, after Verso L'Alto of the Baltimore Hawks in Season 6.

The Tight End position is severely undervalued by the league, and it shows in the awards history for Offensive Rookie of the Year. Teams need to make use of their tight ends more, as they too can make an impact in the receiving game. Do better, GMs.

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Thor - 09-17-2021

I think for a lot of people, their most memorable moments come in the shape of good statistical seasons, championships, awards or from a long list of many "firsts". For me, what stands out is my time in the DSFL both as a player and a GM. Specifically, the season I joined the league with the S22 class - getting to know the league, finding my feet and meeting people through rookie chat and the Myrtle Beach LR and the same season that we won the Ultimini. The S22 class on the whole was legendary, but I can only speak to what I know and that is the greatness of the team Myrtle Beach fielded in that Ultimini season - the likes of Dax Frost, Heath Evans, Brandon Booker, Johnny Hellzapoppin, James Angler, Bruce Buckley and so many more, even some waiver pick ups that went on to do great things in their own regard. The league and a lot of its workings were still a mystery to me, and that rookie season was the one that stands out to me as most memorable because it got me here, piqued my interest and held onto it for a long time, and probably still a long time to come.