International Simulation Football League
(S38) PT #3 - Halloween Havoc - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S38) PT #3 - Halloween Havoc (/showthread.php?tid=42018)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: (S38) PT #3 - Halloween Havoc - Evok - 11-06-2022

[Image: WLB0XUX.png]

RE: (S38) PT #3 - Halloween Havoc - ImSatanJunior - 11-06-2022

Ah, Yes It's Spooky Season, The Sim Has Decided To Take Full Part This Year With Sarasota At 4-6 And Baltimore And Berlin In The Playoff Race. Sadly There's No Time To Go Egging And TPing Other Player's Houses And Rearranging The Locker Room Overnight When Your Playing Like This, Dont Want To Be Benched By Coach.

So This Year I Decided Id Just Go Ahead, Buy Some Shitty Halloween Costume, And Attend Some Frat Party. Dressing Up As Elmo Salem Go Some Predrinks And Was Ready To Go Back To His Old College Partying Ways Grabbing Some Drinks On The Way. Arriving Salem Put Their Drinks Down And Started To Mingle, Everyone Was In A Variety Of Well Done Costumes From Disney Characters To Pablo Escobar. Salem Now Thinking He Was Safe For The Night Started To Loosen Up And Get Involved In Some Games However Their Skills Had Certainly Dropped Since Last Playing.

RE: (S38) PT #3 - Halloween Havoc - Nathan - 11-06-2022

For the past couple years I've stuck to handing out candy instead of either dressing up in a costume or getting candy myself as that both costs money I don't have and don't care for the effort needed for the costumes.  I sit outside on my dad's pickup with the tailgate down and a big bowl of candy.  By big I mean this is a giant bowl about 1 foot tall and 1 foot wide that could fit like a thousand dollars worth of candy.  Kids usually starting coming around at like 6pm and I give out a couple to each.  I have my phone out too playing music, not through a speaker so it isn't loud enough to be hear from like two hundred feet away but still loud.  Trick or treating usually winds down around 9pm, and since there's probably like 200-300 kids that comes to where I live each year we usually are out of candy at the end of it, if not almost out.

RE: (S38) PT #3 - Halloween Havoc - shadyshoelace - 11-06-2022

Halloween is a very important holiday for spreading happiness and cheer around the neighborhood, which makes it a beloved day for a player who loves to give back to kids in his community as much as Dante King. After coming home from a Baltimore Hawks practice that he attended decked out as the hottest item of 2022 - corn, obviously (it has the juice!) - he prepared to hand out goodies to any kids that came by his house to trick or treat. While the King household basket included all manner of candy, as is tradition, he also included a stack of autographed Dotts trading cards featuring himself and his Baltimore Hawks teammates. For visitors who are already fans of the team, this should provide a cool, unique gift and a great story to tell about receiving them from the player himself, and for those who don't currently follow the team it may just create a few new fans. Happy Halloween!

RE: (S38) PT #3 - Halloween Havoc - Michiganonymous - 11-06-2022

Spike's never really been a big Halloween guy. He doesn't like scary movies, and isn't particularly interested in scary stuff generally. Halloween does bring a couple of things he really enjoys though: candy, and carving pumpkins. Actually, pumpkin carving might be Spike's secret talent. He isn't much of an artist, but he loves to pick out the perfect pumpkin and carefully, creatively, carve out his vision. He can pick out a nice day and take his nephews to the pumpkin patch, find some good porch pumpkins, and enjoy some cider and donuts. His nephews are both a little small to carve their own pumpkins yet, but they do love to scoop the guts out and make a mess! Spike does his best to realize their orange vision. This year he had to carve "a spooky cow" and "a monster with huge fangs." He gets creative on his own too; he likes to carve the whole pumpkin into interesting patterns, or try out new techniques to get interesting effects when the pumpkin is lit up. His favorite effort this year was carving a big pumpkin taking a bite out of a little pumpkin!

And he definitely gets the good candy... even if he does stash a lot of it for himself!

RE: (S38) PT #3 - Halloween Havoc - mer - 11-06-2022

Carissa's all about the Halloween parties. In the Netherlands, her American father would take her to the neighborhoods with all the expats for the good candy, and she loved that. Now that she's finally in the country where they go hard for Halloween, she meets that energy. She goes to all the team events and dresses up in a different costume for each - adding just the right amount of blood and spooky things to not freak out her teammates' kids, and then she goes out, because she's in New Orleans! There's so much to do and so little time to do it. There's ghost tours, witchy events, so many spooky encounters and events that she can't even count them. And she is trying so hard to do as many as possible, go to the clubs that are decked out for the season, and get home at a reasonable time so that her plays don't suffer. She'll be exhausted next week, but this week she's having the time of her (after)life.

Code:
170 words

RE: (S38) PT #3 - Halloween Havoc - xenosthelegend - 11-06-2022

American Boot's idea of Halloween is not a time to go out and scare people (he does this entirely unintentionally), but instead an excuse to rocket jump around city of Philadelphia after dark. It is a true test of memory, if he can manage to get through the streets of Philadelphia at night, he can not only prove his infallible memory, but also prove that he is the greatest rocket jumper to ever exist. In the process of rocket jumping through Philadelphia at night, he accidentally alerted the entire police force to his presence after setting off numerous alarms around the city. Not fully realizing what happened, American Boot only understood that he now had pursuers trying to prevent him from completing his goal. With the idea of being chased by an unknown number of pursuers now going through his head, American Boot went even faster, and outran the entire Philadelphia police force.

RE: (S38) PT #3 - Halloween Havoc - slate - 11-06-2022

Coming from France, Leandre Diarra had not celebrated Halloween before coming to the US for college and is still inexperienced and a bit wary of American customs surrounding the holiday. In France, and even in Leandre's parents' home countries in Africa, it is instead traditional to celebrate La Toussaint, or All Saints' Day, on November 1. For Leandre growing up, this holiday also coincided with 2 weeks of leave from school and so was always a very exciting time of year. Leandre does give Halloween its fair shake and will typically attend some Halloween parties in a costume that is neither very interesting nor very uninteresting - this year he dressed up as a French pastry chef - but he also has started a tradition of hosting a much lower key La Toussaint dinner for teammates on November 1 to share in some cultural exchange. Sharing his French upbringing with his new friends and teammates in the US has been a very fulfilling experience for Diarra and he is happy to see their openness to learning about his heritage.

RE: (S38) PT #3 - Halloween Havoc - Symmetrik - 11-06-2022

Shane Turnbull doing his best Tom Cruise impression for Halloween!

[Image: turnbullHalloween.jpg?width=1202&height=676]

RE: (S38) PT #3 - Halloween Havoc - MrStennett - 11-06-2022

PBE PT Affiliation