International Simulation Football League
(S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant (/showthread.php?tid=48868)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - thewhovian - 12-24-2023

Doctor Who loves silly little human traditions like white elephant. They would totally bring their own water pistol (squirt gun) to the exchange. Along with the present, they would be sure to regale the team of how they once held a high priestess at “gun point”, who was, strangely enough damaged by actual water. If given the chance to steal, Doctor Who would want to steal either a fashion or food related item. Who is known for their eccentric yet statement fashion items. They are always looking to find what’s “cool” in fashion. As for food, they have to immediately try new combinations of favorite foods upon hearing about them from others. The more ridiculous the better. I think Who's teammates would all have a fun, yet competitive spirit during the party. Having already shown a strong preference for board games in the locker room (and on the field) the white elephant gift exchange would just be another outlet for their gaming strategies and antics.

RE: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - SwankyPants31 - 12-24-2023

As a new player in the DSFL and having just become a part of the Tijuana Luchadores for mere days before the Christmas party, K.C. Gordon would try to strike the delicate balance between playing it safe with his gift and trying to make an impression. The most likely gift he would bring is something universal that most everybody would enjoy receiving, and he would likely play it as close to the gift value limit as he could, if not even surpassing it by a bit in order to make a good impression. Something like a high end bottle of scotch. On that same note, Gordon would likely avoid stealing any gifts in order to avoid stepping on anybody’s toes. This might change depending on the nature of the party and how things are going, but for the most part the focus for him would be more on the social aspect of the party and getting to know his future teammates before their first game together.

RE: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - FootballIsCool - 12-24-2023

SHL Affiliate 

Different Forum Username: hockeyiscool

RE: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - abh89 - 12-24-2023

PBE affiliate

RE: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - Ultimatedestroye - 12-24-2023

Well, it was one NOLA white elephant Christmas party, and well, it was a bit obvious who got what gifts, or at least, who put them in. Apollo Program brought in the spaceship lego set, Bruce White brought in the beignets, Hank brought in chicken Nuggets, and I may have brought in survivalist gear for a zombie apocalypse. But hey, that’s not really the whole big thing about a white elephant party, it’s about the PARTYING. We have bourbon street right down, the street (forgive my pun), and the best Cajun food you could grab, so the liquor might have flown…. A lot. And so did the gumbo, and so did the beignets, and so did the seafood. And sadly not all of the FA signings are accustomed to all of this food and spice, so we got to take some pretty funny photos throughout the night. We also had a open karaoke bar, and we might of had to kick Mobi out of the locker room for 2 weeks due to the performance.

RE: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - Tayjay - 12-24-2023

PBE affiliate

RE: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - g2019 - 12-24-2023

While many people hate on white elephant gift exchanges, they can be fun if handled properly. That means no arguing about the rules or changing them every goddamn year. With that being said, I think Norfolk could do the thing right. I'd love to bring the newest Monopoly offshoot- ISFLopoly. The game could feature ISFL and DSFL teams around the board and could be quite a bit of fun. As for what I'd go after, there are always some hidden gems at these things. Some people sneak in cash or gift cards into otherwise seemingly useless gifts, so I'm always on the hunt for those. Hopefully the GMs would go hard and break the $25 limit so a few of us could walk away with new computers or phones or something, too. And of course, no holiday extraveganza would be complete without the Norfolk Power Hour, with a carefully curated soundtrack of 90's songs. All in all, it would make for a festive and fun gathering.

RE: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - moonlight - 12-24-2023

I’m not sure what a White Elephant whatever actually is. But what I will say is that gift exchanges during the holidays are a huge deal for the Hahalua. We are, dare I say, number one all-time in ISFL history collectively as a team when it comes to our secret Santa events during the holiday season. Alita has been among the best gift givers on team history in her opinion and she didn’t disappoint when it came to her present this year. Her teammate in the secondary is none other than Luigi, the famous Italian plumber who’s taken the world’s heart. She has gifted him one of the many games he’s featured in called Luigi’s Dark Moon, but she’s also given him the very hard to find physical life size replica of the all the Ghost Hunting gear he uses in the games. It’s a spooky gift for the merry winter holidays. Luigi says it’s one of his favourite gifts ever.

Code:
161 words

RE: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - dogwoodmaple - 12-24-2023

PBE affiliate

RE: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - LHarm - 12-24-2023

PBE Affiliate PT