International Simulation Football League
(S48) PT #4 - Victory! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! (/showthread.php?tid=51618)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - JBLAZE_THE_BOSS - 06-16-2024

While we haven't had many experiences of it lately, when we do win, we do it big in Sarasota. Now that I'm a bit older, my post game celebrations are a bit more muted than they used to be. While some guys like to pop bottles, to the surprise of no one, I'd prefer to celebrate by puffing on some ganja. I'm sort of the de facto weed guy in the locker room, which is fine by me. I'm the guy who has the responsibility of rolling blunts for everyone. You don't want to hear what some of these guys say about me if the blunt isn't to their exact liking. While it's all in good fun, I take my responsibilities seriously. I'm proud to report that it's been months since the last time I screwed up rolling one. For the milestone wins on the season I like to spice it up by adding some special touches here and there. These things help the team unwind and relax after a demanding game. Id like to think it brings us closer together win or lose.

184 word

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - Z-Whiz - 06-16-2024

I’m not sure how much info and can actually give (legally) on how Tijuana celebrates after a win. I’m sure most of you know that Tijuana is known for being a party place, so I’ll start with that. Typically all the cool players (you know who you are) will grab a cab or two and get a ride into town. The dorky players (you also know who you are) aren’t typically invited. They stay home and watch film to try and “get better”. Back to the cool kids… once we get to town we hit up our favorite bar, which I will not spoil because I don’t want it over run by people after wins. We will all have a drink or two or three and then play the various games they’ve got like darts and billiards. This one time Kronk got a 9 darter and the place damn near burnt to the ground. Allegedly. It’s a fun time and we keep it mostly responsible. Allegedly.

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - shahdude - 06-16-2024

As the resident wizard and Hogwarts graduate on the team, Tim Riggins celebrates a little bit differently than the rest of the ISFL.  Like most people and creatures in the wizarding world, nothing kicks off a celebration quite like a cold hard stein of butter beer to fill the gullet.  For that reason, Tim always kicks off a win with a round of butter beers for everyone at the Hog's Head Inn in Hogsmeade.  The classic beer in the pinnacle of the wizarding bar scene.  Many a famous wizard can be found at one of Tim Riggins post win celebratory party including none other than Harry Potter and sometimes even Coach Dumbledore himself.  Tim's muggle girlfriend, Minka Kelly normally accompanies Tim to his postgame shenanigans in Hogsmeade and is actually quite the butter beer enthusiast.  Tim can often be seen trying to outdrink Neville Longbottom and Ron Weasley as the three love a good drinking competition.

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - zeagle1 - 06-16-2024

Donovan Winters is no stranger to winning some football games. Throughout his career he has been blessed to be a part of many winning franchises, from Mater Dei High School in Los Angeles, to the Conference Champion Arizona State Sun Devils, winning has followed him. His current team, the Arizona Outlaws of the International Simulation Football League, are the winningest franchise in the history of the league.

The secret to this success throughout his entire career is to remain focused on the next obstacle. Soak in the win and enjoy it, but the second you step out of that locker room after the post game celebrations, interviews, and speeches, it's on to the next game. As a team leader, Donovan always uses his post game speeches to implore the Outlaws into adopting this mentality. He often talks about not overlooking any opponent, and not dwelling on anything, success or failure, longer than it takes to learn from it.

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - Punk42AE - 06-16-2024

For Dazen Guile if the Colorado Yeti win a game, it is going to be a bigger bash than the Superbowl.  When you come into the final few weeks of the seasons sitting at 0-13, you would make a huge production out of winning a game.  Especially when you're predicted to lose all 16 games on the season, if you upset someone and can take them out of especially a playoff type spot or push it's going to be something huge.  A lot of times a simple win week to week wouldn't be big, but again when you're already 0-13 and shouldn't win any games filled with a team of Rookies, that is going to be one of the biggest highs for all of the players.  Even if the team goes 0-16 there is still going to be a giant party after the last game of the seasons with music saying "WE ALL DID IT".  It's little victories when you're team is so fresh and rebuilding completely.
Code:
167 Words

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - kahri - 06-16-2024

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - Mossed26 - 06-16-2024

While several of the suggestions (cough cough pizza party) we very good, Gesicki has a unique victory tradition he has kept for a long time. Going back all the way to his first game he started in high school, Gesicki always hosts a victory mini golf game. Everyone is invited to the competition which has pretty simple rules. At any local mini golf course in the area, if you can be Gesicki he will buy you a steak dinner. Players who just had particularly good games (i.e. a WR has 150+ receiving yards, kicker hits a 50 yard game winner, OL has 10 pancakes and no sacks allowed) they are given a 3 stroke advantage to try and beat Gesicki. A mini golf lifer who has played weekly since middle school, Gesicki has a pretty successful record. The easiest way to establish trust with Gesicki is in one of these mini golf games, with notable players like Thor Dangerson and Clint Mustache being two of the only ones to do it.

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - shadyshoelace - 06-16-2024

There hasn't been a whole lot of winning to this point in Lenard McRobinson's career with the Honolulu Hahalua. The team is on the precipice of completing a rebuild that has seen several seasons at or near the bottom of the league standings, but as the team comes into its own the future is bright. That means that when the team does bring home a victory, Lenard has to do his part as a team leader to ensure that the younger members of the squad keep their heads in the game. Of course, celebrating is important and welcome, but Lenard makes sure to remind the team that the hard work isn't over and encourage them to continue showing up to practice hungry. Leading by example, he makes sure to treat film review after a win with the same level of self-reflection and critical eye that he uses when the final score doesn't break their way. After all, the goal isn't to win a few games, it's to win it all.

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - ZodiacEXE - 06-16-2024

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - mer - 06-16-2024

SHL Affiliate