International Simulation Football League
(S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+--- Thread: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory (/showthread.php?tid=53462)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Fronk - 10-13-2024

Playing football on the moon would be wild. It’s an environment with low gravity, harsh conditions, and a lack of atmosphere, which would require Brick Pudding and his team to adapt. Players would need specially designed space suits that allow for a full range of motion, much more flexible than current astronaut suits but still protective enough from the vacuum of space and temperature extremes.
Brick Pudding, as a defensive nose tackle, would have to adjust his gameplay. Since he’s a massive guy, every push or jump would send him soaring into the air. Instead of tackling in the traditional sense, he might leap from five to ten yards away to grab his opponents mid-air or use his massive strength to launch players out of bounds.
the lunar surface is much more slippery, meaning choatic  fumbles. A dropped ball might bounce and roll much farther than on Earth, so Brick Pudding would need to chase it down like a greased pig.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - RDBSouthPaw - 10-13-2024

SHL Affiliate PT Claim

*Note my username is just SouthPaw over in the SHL

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Lumosityfan - 10-13-2024

What an interesting world we live in where we have to play football in an arena that doesn’t have standard grass or turf field in its stadium but we’ll just have to live with it. One area I’ve been fascinated by is how to play football on the Moon. You have numerous challenges such as the air being lighter inside the ball which will naturally cause more zip and spin as well as further distances to throw the ball but also more chances to miss and possibly get interceptions. In addition, kicks would go farther but also increase the angle of possibilities for missing kicks. In order to adapt, the league would need to add a small weight to the ball to diminish the effect or lack thereof of gravity on the Moon as well as expand the field to accommodate the possible increased distances. In addition, a sweep of the field would need to be made before each game to avoid dust accumulating on the field. Finally, of course there would have to be complimentary spacesuits for everyone attending and/or playing and/or broadcasting and/or a part at all of the game to ensure no one dies in the process.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Mossed26 - 10-13-2024

There  would be a million cool places to play a football game in some stupid location, but I think a few need to be explored. One of these is the moon. First off, the view would be absolutely insane but I'm most excited with what low gravity would do to games. Maybe something with even less gravity is better but can you imagine hurdling someone 15 feet in the air? It would be absolutely hilarious. If possible maybe add some trampolines too and make like slamball or anything half that cool. Another cool place to play would be in a canyon, lets just say the grand canyon. You can play any ricochets off the walls and the field is just the length of the canyon. While I am stealing this idea from Jon Bois now that I think about it, It would be so cool and also a fun time to watch it from the canyon rim.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - BenDover - 10-13-2024

As a Quarterback, the normal playing field is almost perfect, but the perfect place would be the moon. Rockmann's favorite type of throw, when he's allowed to throw the ball, is the deep ball. Many analysts have called it a moon ball before, but if we were playing  on the moon, they might have to change it to be called a Venus ball after the gravity change. A simple 50 yard heave would now become 100 yards easily with double the air time, allowing the speedsters of the Portland offense to get to the other end zone in a better position, or the big Tight Ends  being able to use the limited gravity to jump and catch these 10 second airtime balls. The moon would be a lot better than underwater since the ball would be more easily intercepted, or in the volcano, due to the chance of life ending injury during an eruption.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Lowkey - 10-13-2024

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - xenosthelegend - 10-13-2024

Playing football on a much more massive planet would be very interesting. The increased gravity would slow down the game significantly on all sides of the ball. People wouldn't be able to execute nearly as many moves without the potential of injury. Passing the ball would be significantly harder as the ball wouldn't be able to go nearly as far, and the action of just throwing the ball would be much more difficult. Defense would be easier only before the pass. Running the ball is much harder to defend. Lateral motion is much more limited as it should be much harder to change direction with higher gravity. A running back who gets around someone once will be extremely hard to catch as turning around is significantly harder now. Similarly, a receiver who gets behind the defense, and actually gets a catch will be very difficult to catch as you spend so much more time just turning around.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - JBLAZE_THE_BOSS - 10-13-2024

Since we're the Buccaneers, I think that the other place we would play would be the ocean. We'd have such an advantage over everyone else because we know how to handle the currents in our favor to get the ball moving. Some people on land look at the weather or where the wind is blowing. If we played football in the middle of the ocean on old wooden ships, we'd have to really work on our communication skills and our engineering to ensure the boats could handle it. Think of it like sort of a Battle Bots situation except with old wooden ships. Some of the water animal teams could give us a run for our money, but we have cannon balls and bandanas to intimidate anyone who comes in our path. As long as we can avoid playing a game on a sheet of ice in Antarctica or another tundra like atmosphere I think our chances to hang with any team any time and anywhere are really high. No matter what, the Buccaneers come to play. 

177 words

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Agent Chaos - 10-13-2024

Graphic for PT #5.

BAL Under the Sea.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Z-Whiz - 10-13-2024

I’m sure you’re going to love reading about how games should be played on the moon for the 25th time, so here we go. I would obviously pick the moon and anyone who doesn’t pick the moon just doesn’t enjoy having fun. Which based on my interactions with this league is probably well over half. Why the moon? Well first off, imagine the deep balls on the moon. You could easily throw the ball the whole length of the field, but you would have to put hella arc on it cuz players also move slower on the field. The ball would be in the air for 10+ seconds while everyone runs downfield. Then there’s the run game or run after catch game. You’d have guys jumping over the entire line easily, but you’d also have guys jumping over the line to stop the other guys from jumping over the line. Mid air collisions in slow motion would be fantastic. Imagine the replays. The game is already in slow motion, but slow motion of slow motion? Oodalalee.