International Simulation Football League
(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame (/showthread.php?tid=20174)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Lowlycrib - 03-22-2020

One of the greatest Sabercats to suit up in the NSFL has to be the legend of Joilet Christ who was at the helm at QB for the Sabercats last successful seasons. He was truly one of the greatest dual threat QBs in the league who could torch you either through the air or the ground and i was honored to see that in my first season with the Sabercats in Season 17. You can see Joilet Christ's name littered throughtout the record books, which includes being 8th in all-time QBR, 10th in total touchdowns thrown, a 5 time ProBowler that was a 5 straight seasons, an MVP award (3 way tie), two-time offensive player of the year, and a one-time QB of the year. This sort of resume in the NSFL should be an instant lock for the Hall of Fame because of his long list of awards he was able to amass with the Sabercats but also the electric style of play he was able to bring to the Sabercats offense that has now gone and sizzled out due to their signal caller retiring without fully preparing the backup QB for the pressure this league can have. Lastly, if Joilet Christ does not make the Hall of Fame then i don't know who could ever qualify then

(219)

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - 2Burkeulosis - 03-22-2020

My pick for the NSFL Hall of Fame is Philadelphia Liberty running back Marquise Brown. During the nine seasons he played he was distinguished enough to earn many accolades and awards in his time including NSFL Offensive Rookie of the year in season ten, Running Back of the Year in consecutive years ranging from seasons twelve through fifteen, seven consecutive Pro Bowl appearances starting in season 10 and ending in season sixteen, and he was a co-recipient of the season 13 NSFL Most Valuable Player Award in season thirteen due to a three way tie. In addition, Marquise Brown at the time of his retirement held the record for Career Rushing Yards and Career Yards From Scrimmage. If that isn’t impressive enough Marquise Brown also ranked third in all time rushing touchdowns at one hundred and four, third in all time total touchdowns at one hundred and twenty five, second in career rushing yards with two thousand eight hundred and ninety seven yards, and most rushing yards in a single season with one thousand nine hundred and two yards which he accomplished in his rookie season in the NSFL. If any NFL player had these kinds of records they would be a shoe in for the Hall of Fame. The fact that Marquise Brown is not is a mistake that we can and must fix.

225 words

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - morsy - 03-22-2020

As you may or may not know I grew up as a fan of the Orange County Otters thanks to my uncle who was a hardcore fan of the team. So of course the player who I believe deserves to be inducted into the Hall of Fame is a former Otters player, one who helped write history for the team: Robert Phelps. Phelps was a wide receiver who helped the team win its first three Ultimus trophies, three in a row to be exact. He was the one who caught the deciding touchdown in Ultimus Bowl IV, that helped the Otters defeat the Wraiths 30-23. I will never forget his 22 yard play to score that touchdown, especially not since my uncle watched the game tape before every single Ultimus game and made me and my brother watch with him.
Unfortunately Robert Phelps‘ career was overshadowed by another superstar wide receiver playing for the Otters at the same time. I‘m talking about Bradley Westfield of course, who was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2028. Phelps only played nine seasons, all while Westfield was active as well and although he managed to win the NSFL wide receiver of the year award in 2017 and played in the NSFL Pro Bowl four years in a row between 2016 and 2019, he will probably always be that "other guy" people don‘t remember that much about.
I will never forget his accomplishments, like his 59 total touchdowns, 10,061 career receiving yards with an incredible 15 yards per reception. But what I‘ll always remember the most is his run in the Ultimus IV that brought so much pride and joy to Otters fans around the world. To me, Robert Phelps is a sports hero that should have been inducted into the Hall of Fame years ago.

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Benthicc_Biomancer - 03-22-2020

As a proud offensive linesman prospect from the NSFL’s bumper r/NFL draft class, I decided to search the annals of league history for the great offensive linesman of seasons past; those who left a trail of pancaked pass-rushers on their way to the Hall of Fame. Much to my disappointment (but unfortunately not my surprise) I was not able to find any, outside of the great Angus Winchester, who won accolades for his work in the trenches before transitioning to other positions, as the league-wide opinion of offensive-linesmen waned. In light of this, I'd make the case for Jordan Yates, who's career followed much the same path, but apparently burned too bright, too quickly to make it into the Hall of Fame. Yates turned in commendable work in the trenches, earning four Pro-Bowl selections as an Offensive Linesman, more than anyone else at the position. But it was Yates decision to swap the trenches for the open field that would cement his legacy. Following his transition, and his reacquisition by the Otters, Yates would become one of the greatest receiving backs in league history, with many of the records set during his legendary 2020 and 2021 seasons still sitting near the top of the record books. This includes the most reception yards in a season (1860), in a single game (212) and in an Ultimus game (156), third most annual receptions (121) and forth most receiving touchdowns (15). Yates brief renaissance with Orange County would net him two Ultimus trophies, but his overall career outside the trenches was perhaps too brief to put up the numbers needed to enter the Hall of Fame. This was not for lack of trying however, with Yates receiving Hall of Fame nominations in 2026, 2027 and 2028, ultimately falling short each time before dropping out of contention. Although Yates’ star has faded, its worth considering just how brightly it shone. The dreamy heights of those 2020 and 2021 seasons are unlikely to ever be equalled, and well worth Jordan Yates admission into the Hall of Fame.

-342 words

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - KoltClassic - 03-22-2020

[Image: VgcnASg.png]

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - RansackTheUniverse - 03-22-2020

When looking at the current NSFL Hall of Fame, there is one omission that stands out above the rest. Jayce Tuck is arguably the greatest NSFL Defensive End of all time, yet he has no made it into the Hall. Tuck had a remarkable career and has the accolades, both team and individual, that give him a strong case to be inducted. Jayce was voted NSFL Most Outstanding Player by his peers in 2017, and NSFL Most Valuable Player in both 2018 and 2019. Tuck also won two NSFL Defensive Player of the Years and three NSFL Defensive Lineman of the year.

In addition to all these awards, Jayce dominated on the stat sheet, sitting fourth on the all-time sacks list, and with 113 tackles for loss, is the only player in NSFL history to rack up over. All others in the top five of the career sacks list are already in the Hall of Fame. In 2018, Jayce had an insane 32 sacks!! No one else has ever had more than 24 in a season. He also holds multiple spots in the top 10 of the single season TFL list. He is the only player to ever put up multiple seasons with 17 or more TFL.

On the team side of things, Jayce helped make his team a contender no matter where he went. He played for 3 teams in his career, and he found success with each of them. Jayce started his career in Arizona with the Outlaws, where they won the first three ever Ultimus trophies. He won conference championships with his other two teams as well, making Ultimus appearances with both the Yellowknife Wraithes and New Orleans Second Line. He is one of just a handful of players that has made an Ultimus appearance with three different teams.

All of this points to the fact that Jayce Tuck had an extraordinary NSFL career and is well deserving of a spot in the Hall of Fame.

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Duilio05 - 03-22-2020

PBE

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - terriblehippo - 03-22-2020

Code:
321 words

There is clearly one recently retired player who deserves to be in the NSFL Hall of Fame: New Orleans' own Vladimir Fyodorovich. Before we get into the details of why this is an obvious choice, let's look at the big picture. He's an eight-time Pro Bowler, earning those honors every single season between S10 and S17. The Season 7 Rookie of the Year became the only wide receiver to win Performance of the Year honors when he took home that prize in S11, and followed that up with Wide Receiver of the Year and Offensive Player of the Year in S12. On the offensive side of the ball, he owns a myriad of Second Line franchise records: receptions, receiving yards, and touchdowns, as well as many of the kick and punt return records.

But to call him a wide receiver ignores a large part of his career. That Rookie of the Year award I mentioned earlier? Yeah, he won that playing as a cornerback. In fact, he still holds the Second Line record for interceptions in a game. The man played offense AND defense in Season 11, and helped carry New Orleans to a championship that season. That wasn't his only championship, by the way; the man won it all twice in the NSFL and once in the DSFL.

I could go on for days about "The Siberian Swatter," but simply put, the man knows success, both on a personal level and on a team level. In addition to that, he's a team player and has always been one of the friendliest voices in the Second Line locker room. He's the kind of player and person everyone in the league should aspire to be, and I'm proud to have played alongside such an accomplished individual. To not make him a first-ballot Hall of Famer would be, in my opinion, a criminal oversight.

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - dahayn - 03-22-2020

Brian Mills should be in the Hall of Fame and I'm going to spend the next few minutes trying to convince you why. This year is the second year in a row that he missed the cut-off but will still be on the ballot next year when he will finally get inducted. My reasoning has nothing to do with him being picked first over all in the 2021 NSFL draft. It also has nothing to do with him helping his team, the New Orleans Second Line win an Ultimus in 2024. It has nothing to do with the 824 career tackles, 14 career tackles for loss, 14 career forced fumbles, 14 career fumble recoveries, 44 career sacks, 13 career interceptions, 78 career pass deflections, or his 2 defensive touchdowns. My reason he should be in the Hall of Fame is because when I was a kid, he was the player I most wanted to be like. He flew across the field like lightning and tackled anyone with the ball. He played big when New Orleans needed a big play to turn a game. He was also very smart. He knew where to be and when to be there. This man is my hero and should be in the Hall of Fame!

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Jiggly_333 - 03-22-2020

PBE PT