International Simulation Football League
(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream (/showthread.php?tid=21708)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - DatSmolBoi - 04-29-2020

Sean Snyders professional football career so far has been a bust at best. After his short and disappointing season with the Portland Pythons he would get drafted to New Orleans in the 9th round. However, Sean Snyder is not giving up with his childhood dream. After getting drafted Snyder would immediately want to be sent down back to the Pythons, not because he didn't want to be with the second line, but because he wanted revenge for last years season. The 21 year old did not just wanted to be remembered as the "failure who could never accomplish his dreams no matter how hard he tried" or even worse, forgotten. Snyder would want to be remembered as a future hall of famer, a memorable Python, and of course, a Ultimi champion.

The receiver would spend offseason preparing for the Pythons season doing his best as he can so he can be useful to his home team even more then usual. He wants this season to be important to his team. That includes a great record, playoffs, many receptions and yards, and hell, even to win a Ultimi if he can. But his first task he is attempting to do is to win.

Quote:202 words

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - WALDO - 04-29-2020

This year, after loads of drama last season and in the off season with the rest of the league, Zack Vega joined the Sarasota Sailfish to be their starting QB, the first in team history. So he is looking forward to this year. The biggest and best goal he is looking ready to lead a big league team, as the DSFL gets very old after a while for an older player. Besides the obvious goals that most rookies have, like getting their first paycheck and scoring their first touchdown, his biggest goal is an interesting one. He can't wait to throw his first interception. Zack Vega knows that he isn't going to be the next Jay Cue or Frank Tarkenten, so he's ready to thrive off of the criticisms he plans on getting from most parties including the media and some of his old teammates, and he knows that throwing his first interception will generate that crictism that will propel him to a higher level, one in which he will thrive under the pressure of the critics. After which, he will slowly become the most underrated QB in the NSFL and eventually, he will be the best NSFL player the LEAGUE HAS EVER SEEN!

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - Raheem James - 04-29-2020

Okusi’s main goal this season is simple a ring on his finger. This is the year for it the team is filled with exciting new players that if we all work hard enough would be winners. The league is also weaker than last season giving us a much larger chance than before. His second goal is to win Wr of the year again because he knows he can do it. The feeling of winning it last year was exhilarating and crazy and he feels like this season should be a wrap for him to win. Another goal I have is to be a 1000 receiver. That’s a big goal that could make me feel accomplished and fulfilled with my player. another goal is 60 plus catches this was a goal hit last year barely and I really want to flourish past it if possible. This season is so perfect for my season to be great can ’wait for tobe great just like the rest. This season is going to be crazy I can’t wait for Leafer throwing dimes to me and me mossing cbs like nothing because its to easy for me and I just cant wait to show that.

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - AdamS - 04-29-2020

Awkward Sexjoke was a DB of the Year finalist in S21. When you do that in your second season obviously the expectations for your 3rd season are going to be fairly high. Now granted there is some questioning about the Austin secondary. One notable league writer called the team "the best player in the league with four middling safeties". Now for the Copperheads' secondary other than Dermot Lavelle Jr, that's gotta sting. Sure, Gregor MacGregor is a rookie, Jack Rambo is new to the team and just finished in the top 50 players in the league, Takeda Okura was a DPOTY Finalist, and Awkward himself was 5th in the entire league in tackles. But according to that person, it's pretty much just Dermot Lavelle Jr with a bunch of nobodies hanging around.

So if you're Awkward Sexjoke, obviously the goal is gonna be to establish yourself beyond being a positional finalist and being top 5 in the league in tackles. The dream is clearly gonna be to make sure that he gets the kind of respect that clearly doesn't come with being an award's finalist, the team's leading tackler, and a Pro Bowler. I mean quite frankly Gandalf was right and Awkward should be thoroughly embarrassed by his lackluster performance last year, and hope to suckle upon the teat of the amazing DLJ en route to something approaching competence.

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - .simo - 04-29-2020

Growing up in Australia, Karmichael Hunt only played amateur sport here and there between rugby league and Aussie Rules football. One when he was 17 he was playing in a reserve grade Aussie Rules grand final and watched one of the oppositon players take a mark and in the pouring rain drill a goal from 55 metres out in the pouring rain to win for their team on the final buzzer.

Ever since seeing this moment that has been all Karmichael has wanted to accomplish. To win a championship for his team on the back of his boot.

A few years later he found himself over in America and tried out for a local team. Played a little and eventually got picked up, undrafted, by the Kansas City Coyotes to be their kicker.

His goals for this season are just to work hard and improve his kicking. If everyone at the Coyotes works hard there is no telling how well they can do this season - maybe even the first championship he will have won.

Since discovering American football Karmichael has fallen in love with it. His goals now are to keep climbing all the way to the top. Keep working his craft and perfecting it and he will get drafted in the NSFL. After that his goal is to win a championship there and win back to back Kicker of the year awards.

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - ItsJustBarry - 04-29-2020

First off, can I just say how happy I am to finally reach the NSFL. After spending what felt like eternity in the DSFL, I couldn’t wait to be called up to perform on the biggest stage. Looking ahead to this season, I can’t say that I have many expectations. I was brought into the Honolulu Hahalua expansion team. While our draft brought in many young talented players, most of them are spending this season back in the DSFL. Many of the league experts having us finish near the bottom of the league. While I can’t disagree with that prediction I do hope we can rack up a few wins this season. On a personal level, I can only hope to improve from week to week. I don’t expect to set any league records however I could see myself setting a franchise record for either sacks or tackles for loss. That was what I was known for in the DSFL. There are so many players in the league with so much more experience that I can’t really expect to win any awards either. If I’m lucky, maybe I can get a nomination. All I can really hope for is that the Hahalua have fun and shock a few people along the way.

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - Jo3fish5 - 04-29-2020

After falling all the way to 37th overall in the season 22 DSFL draft, former tight end and now running back Joseph Petrongolo has a lot to prove. He has to prove that he is worth more than just the 37th overall pick. He has to prove that he can play in a competitive league like the DSFL. He has to prove, to all his critics, that he can play running back. But most importantly, he has to prove to himself that he is able to play in this league, alongside some of the most prestigious names, his heroes when he was growing up.
For personal goals, Petrongolo would like to lead his team in rushing yards, rushing attempts, and rushing touchdowns. He would also like to be a top 5 running back in the league and get nominated for running back of the year and rookie of the year. But most importantly, he just wants to be a positive addition to his team, the Portland Pythons, on and off the field.
As for Joseph Petrongolo's team goals, he wants to prove on Portland's team record of 8 wins and 6 losses from last season, and get at least 9 wins in his first season. He would also like to win his first Ultimini in his first season with the Portland Pythons.

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - Vexatious - 04-29-2020

It’s a new season on a brand new team. The inaugural season for the Hahalua is sure to come with its challenges, I do have several goals in mind for myself and for my team. First and foremost, I want to win some games. I’m going to be conservative and say I’d be happy with 5 wins, as we are an extremely young team with a lot of potential. Secondly, I’d like at least one upset this season. Everyone loves a good underdog story, and we have the personnel to defy some weekly predictions. HFA is king after all. My personal goals are a bit ambitious, but reasonable. I’d like to top 8+ TD’s this season. The Red Zone is my domain after all, and I believe our QB Corvo has a hell of a season ahead of him. We have talented RB’s to compliment the passing game as well. My last personal goal this season is to limit my drops to 10 or less going forward. I’m not sure whether that’s a conservative number or not, but it’s something I feel strongly about. Making the most of my targets is what will separate me (hopefully) from the rest of the pack. My expectations for this season are tempered, but I’m very excited to see what the Hahalua can do!
220 Words

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - Hi_mynameis_Matt - 04-29-2020

Matt Hole has always been the quiet type. As great as everything that comes with the job is, he's not in it for the glory, or the money. He's not even necessarily here for the accomplishment of earning championship, even if that's the only short-term goal worth aiming for. He's thinking long term. Matt Hole is here for the love of the sport, and he intends to be damn good at what he loves for as long as he can. While these flashy, big-name runningbacks, linebackers and wide receivers burn bright and burn out, Matt Hole will just be there holding down the D-line and routinely scaring the pants off any rookie QB he comes across for years to come.

In his NSFL rookie season, Hole will make himself at home and it's going to feel like he's always been there. He's going to be fast off the line, he's never going to let up, he's going to get out there and do his job to make sure all of the guys on the offensive squad can do what they came here to do. So watch him get up after sack after sack this season, putting pressure on the QB's to force a bad throw for a linebacker to pick off, and recognize that, while the fans might be clamoring to get autographs of everyone else, Matt Hole is one of the best guys to enable the stars and hotshots on his team you're ever going to see.

248 words

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - Jay_Doctor - 04-29-2020

This is the start of the first season where a weight has been lifted for Blaylock. He has been in his fair share of conference championships and an Ultimini, but until last season always came up just short. Being an Ultimus champion no longer has to be the end goal. Obviously winning multiple championships is the new goal, but there are some other things along the way that can come more to the forefront than before. For one, there is finally a chance to stop and smell the flowers. We spend countless time putting in the hard work, yet it feels like we never get a moment to appreciate what we have achieved. I’m now 4th best of my albeit small season 19 class, but one TPE shy of third. This was my first sim league and I didn’t have a damn clue what I was doing. Everyone else around me either had previous sim experience or joined a few weeks before me. To be where I’m at now is something I’m proud of and I know the amount of effort I put in to get there. As for stats, I’m hoping to see career highs in pretty much everything. I have not been a stat sheet stuffer in NOLA, but I do my job and do it well. I think there is plenty of room for me to get better statically though this season. I’m not going to play out of position or force anything, but I’ve improved a lot over the last two seasons, and we have less experience then seasons prior. I think there will be a few more opportunities for me to make a play this season.