International Simulation Football League
(S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction (/showthread.php?tid=48766)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - Huskies311 - 12-10-2023

Juran Riley is typically not one to react quickly. He was well known for his poise and leadership at every level of the game - high school, University of Colorado, Dallas. And he has experienced adversity in this sport before. But something about how difficult the highest level of this sport is has caused him to have a few reactions that are unlike him.

First, he came out firing on all cylinders week 1 with a sack and a forced fumble. However, he has been nearly invisible in an inconsistent Cape Town defense. This has caused Riley to think the once vaunted Crash defense is at a crossroads this season, and he knows he needs to live up to his first round selection to help keep that up. He is playing outside of his typical edge position a lot, but he knows it’s not an excuse.

His other reaction is that he thinks he wasn’t fully ready for the speed of the game. He knew it’d be a leap, but the game has seemed to move too fast in his rookie year. This has lead to missed assignments, penalties, and just overall frustration in a way he usually does not feel or admit.

RE: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - MobiausGrander - 12-10-2023

Now that the first week of the season is over , everyone's got a take that they want to air out to the public. My take is that NOLA will be an Ultimus/contending level team next season. We are 2-5 currently, however, there are great signs that we are an offseason away from contention. Ezra Azazel is having a pro bowl season as he is ballhawking more and becoming more disruptive overall. Bruce white is becoming our Micah Parsons as hes being moved all around our defense and is also wrecking havoc. Our LB core, led by Josh Gibson and Bubba Hog, have also become more disruptive and more attacking. The offense is slowly coming together as Speedings is becoming more productive and taking more chances as his chemistry with Mardukas and Paserili is growing and becoming more devastating to opposing defenses! We will keep pressing as we know we are super close to finally breaking through.

RE: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - Rise of Smitty - 12-10-2023

"It's early" is what casuals like to say when things don't quite start out the way everyone expected. I am here to say that it doesn't matter and the Baltimore Hawks are in a full on rebuild after starting 4-3 in the season. Somehow, someway, the Colorado Yeti and Sarasota Sailfish are at the top of the division despite being inferior teams. Or so we thought they were inferior. The Baltimore Hawks are in an absolute down fall as they officially added Anakin Skywalker to the roster. Not only did they add him to the roster but they are counting on him to be the leading rusher for this team. That is an instant recipe for a lack of success as the record has shown so far. The Hawks offense was a well oiled machine until they brought Skywalker up and now they struggle to find an identity as they try to balance doing what works, passing the ball, and doing what keeps this primadonna happy, running the ball. This is an unfortunate situation but it is what it is and the Hawks have shown they care about a scrubs ego more than they care about winning. I feel sorry for all Baltimore fans and the rest of the team that has to suffer over an alliance to a single player.

RE: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - Nathan - 12-10-2023

For the Berlin Fire Salamanders, my current kneejerk take is that the defense has fallen apart and our inability to prevent sacks is killing this team.  With the defense my best guess is that our linebacking core is the weakest it’s been since Season 39 when Chucky, Jordan, and Liter were all developing and still decently young.  Liter and Chucky have both retired, and Jordan’s been hit with regression twice and is just below 700 TPE.  The problem is that he is still our highest TPE LB since Mike Gesicki and Gaius Gleel are still super young (S42 and S43 respectively.)

The offensive line has also been cracked with regression, but still makes no sense how bad it is.  I currently sit at 830 TPE and am corpsed.  It obviously hurts to have your OL1 be about 350 TPE lower than their peak at the position.  The issue is that Adrian is getting sacked too much for a team with 3 human OL.  I’ve been on Berlin rosters where we’ve had literally 0 human OL and they haven’t allowed sacks this often.  Adrian currently paces to get sacked like 75 times, and the highest I remember is Singh getting sacked like 65-70.

RE: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - UberBJ - 12-10-2023

My KneeJerk Reactions Are Below:

1) NOLA is still bad. Like giga bad. Almost like they should restart the rebuild for the 5th time. I'm kidding, theyre not that bad and Kyle Crane/Hank Mardukas are outstanding. They really need to continue to grow their corps for when they have the answer at QB though.

2) OCO are fraudulent fraudsters. TPE is clearly a myth when you see a team like this underperforming so bad. I feel bad that 

3) YKW could be good but aren't actually good. Zoot's QB has a high ceiling, but not for a couple of receivers and not until he has some receivers to catch his big balls. 

4) BAL have some work to do despite not really having any holes on the roster. They're a top 3 team but at times the offense is just disappearing. They need to capitalize on Beatz before he gets into a true regression state.

Overall, this sim season has been wild thus far and chaos reigns supreme.

*163 words*

RE: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - Dindog - 12-10-2023

Oh sweet knew her reaction! Umm okay I got one, krusty krab pizza who’s was drafted 2nd by the Minnesota grey ducks is going to be a complete and total bust. He is definitely not the pizza for you and not the pizza for me. Yeah he is putting up okay numbers I guess but nothing that you would want from someone drafted that high or the talent they were showing at the college level. They were touted as a game changing receiver l, someone who could be double teamed or even triple teamed and still make a play on the ball and get to that first diwn marker. But the way they have been playing had just been slow. Very meh okay play. Maybe they’ll be able to turn things around as the season goes on but I highly doubt it. Hopefully they don’t go to your favorite ISFL team. Waste of a pick

RE: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - g2019 - 12-10-2023

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - xenosthelegend - 12-10-2023

The Colorado Yeti are the best team in the ISFL. 4-0 through their first 4 games, 6-1 through their first 7. If we take out the outlier game of them losing to Cape Town by a score of 52-17 (clearly terrible sim luck), Colorado is now 6-0 with only 90 points allowed. That is a mind bogglingly low 15 points allowed per game. What makes this even wilder is that they aren't even the best team in terms of defensive TPE. They sit at the middle of the pack at 7th. Their record of 6-1 is not at all indicative of their total TPE in relation to the league as well. Once again middle of the pack at 8th. Colorado is punching well above their weight class, and outright dominating the competition. The next closest team is the Sarasota Sailfish sitting at 5-2, who Colorado beat already 21-13. It is never Colorover.

RE: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - Bubba - 12-10-2023

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - ScrambledEggs - 12-10-2023

PBE Affiliate (i don't know what kneejerk means and i'm too lazy to look it up so thank god i have this)