International Simulation Football League
(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame (/showthread.php?tid=20174)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Evok - 03-22-2020

PBE PT

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/ind...ndpost&p=159271

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Raven - 03-22-2020

Quote:Written Option: The Hall of Fame S19 Class has just been released, inducting five new legendary players into the Hall. In 200 words or more, make the case for a currently retired player to be inducted in a future class. Why do they deserve a slot over other contenders? Don’t be afraid to put some research into it if you are unfamiliar with older players.

When we look at the history of Tight End, in the early days we saw a huge dominance by tight end Paul DiMirio. He is the only Tight End currently in the Hall of Fame, in part due to his absolute dominance at the tight end position and being the only standout player at that position for a long time.

Now the second name that would come to mind if you think about Tight End is the player Verso L'Alto. Verso played 12 seasons for the Baltimore Hawks and had a little venture in Colorado for a season.

The leader in Tight End of the Year is DiMirio with 7, but behind is with 4 is Verso L'Alto, showing that he has shown dominance in the Tight End position during his time in the league.

Just having a quick look at L'Alto's stats and you can see why he should be in the Hall. He has scored a ton of touchdowns while also racking up a ton of yardage. Probably the highest among Tight Ends and probably even only behind DiMirio in those stats.

So if I dont see Verso joining the Hall soon than I will be devestated and hope the league rethinks their HOF policies.

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - SwankyPants31 - 03-22-2020

Gregor Clegane should be in the NSFL Hall of Fame, and the fact that the mountain himself didn’t make it in the first ballot is laughable and shameful for the league itself. He has both the longevity in the league as well as the stats to be a shoe in. So why is he not, you might ask? Simple, everyone hates him and his tendency to gouge quarterback eyes after a sack. Considering he racked up 81 sacks over his career, and if we roll with the assumption that each quarterback sacked has two eyes, that’s 162 career eye gouges. Check my math if you’d like, but I’m pretty confident in that one. That number of eye gouges alone should be enough to get him right in, so I can only assume the people making votes were the quarterbacks he blinded who accidentally picked the wrong option. We’re talking about a man right now who doesn’t even have a wiki page, nor does he need one. Mothers cry and grown men shake when his name is uttered. In addition to his personal stats, he also is one of only 9 players in NSFL history to have 4 or more Ultimus Bowl wins. Follow my clown math, that’s 40.5 eye gouges per Ultimus. If you don’t think those are Hall of Fame numbers you can just get right out of my face.

WC: 232

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Leafer - 03-22-2020

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/ind...20&#entry159298

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - scorycory - 03-22-2020

So while there are many players that are deserving of the Hall of Fame I wanted to focus on somebody that probably isn't getting much recognition. That person is Jaylon Broxton, the safety formerly known as Poopyface Tomatonose, who played tight end under that moniker. As tight end he won Offensive Rookie of the Year with New Orleans, gaining five hundred and eighty one receiving yards with a 7.4 yard average and scoring one touchdown. Deciding that catching the ball was too easy he transitioned to the defensive side of the field as a safety. He went on to amass seven hundred and sixty eight tackles, eight of them being tackles for a loss, seven forced fumbles, eight fumbles recovered, twenty five sacks, twenty six interceptions, one hundred and twenty seven passes defended and four defensive touchdowns. He also won two Ultimus championships with the Orange County Otters. Jaylon became a staple of this league as a member and leader of the Orange COunty Otters and has gone on to bring them multiple championships both as a player and in the current day. The Otters are known for their fantastic defensive back and this all stems from the influence of Jaylon Broxton. I know that a lot of players hurt their cases for the Hall of Fame by switching positions but if anything I think this testament to their versatility and dedication to the game should strengthen their case

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - FurFurFurson - 03-22-2020

Philippe Carter was one of the original cornerbacks in the NSFL. In eight seasons, Carter racked up 26 interceptions, 522 tackles, and 122 passes defended. He was selected to the Pro Bowl five times, including the first four NSFL seasons. Carter also won Ultimus Bowl III with the Arizona Outlaws and helped the Yellowknife Wraiths to their first Ultimus championship in 2023.

Carter missed out on the Hall of Fame by a measly one vote in the 2024 ballot, and again he missed out in 2025, receiving 4 votes. Perhaps the five Pro Bowl selections were not enough for the committee, or the rings, or the solid stats put up over a long career. Although these are the start of a good Hall of Fame resume, I would like to draw attention to Carter’s signing with the Las Vegas Legion. Philippe had already shown that he was one of the top corners in the league, but chose to sign with struggling Las Vegas in hopes of bringing some veteran leadership to their locker room and help turn around the culture. Obviously, this didn’t work out, but the attempt is admirable and is a quality of a Hall of Fame player.

Code:
WC: 200

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Bauer - 03-22-2020

PBE PT

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - White Cornerback - 03-22-2020

Written Option: The Hall of Fame S19 Class has just been released, inducting five new legendary players into the Hall. In 200 words or more, make the case for a currently retired player to be inducted in a future class. Why do they deserve a slot over other contenders? Don’t be afraid to put some research into it if you are unfamiliar with older players.

Jayce Tuck has been blackballed from the Hall of Fame. He was blackballed because the handler behind Tuck ran between 6-10 multis and got caught for it, despite being in incredible position of power and jeopardising the entire league just to win a few titles.

Er fucked up, we know that and he's apologised over and over again. But people from then still hold resentment, even literally nearly 3 years on from the whole ordeal. Around the time that he went up for ballot, a number of people were very vocal in that they would be doing everything possible to make sure he doesn't make the hall, especially with it being up in the air that we aren't entirely sure if he juiced his player, which I believe he didn't.

Despite Tuck being in multiple career total lists for various stats along with game & season lists , combined with the sheer amount of his accolades. I can't imagine he ever gets into the HOF unless we make a re-do ballot which gives the ability to re-nominate missed players up on the newest ballot.

Really that's just about the only way that no doubt HOF'er Jayce Tuck gets his way into our HOF. FR tho put the dude in the fuckin hall of fame lmfao whatt are y'all doing.

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - SDCore - 03-22-2020

PBE PT Claim

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - ralams123 - 03-22-2020

[Image: zxAazJw.jpg]