International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT2 - Host City - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT2 - Host City (/showthread.php?tid=29848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Goat_Whisperer - 02-12-2021

Yellowknife is my choice for the location. Think about nature and the atmosphere, it would surely be an event that many would not forget! The games would be played during the night time, so you could potentially get to see the northern lights. People could sleep outside in tents and get a real feel of wildlife that is all over Yellowknife. You can't put a price on something like that. 

Half time show would be fairly typical. I'm thinking of having some kind of musical performance that is both meaningful and something that will cheer people up. Snoop Dogg would be singing a couple of country songs for the audience. Another idea could be to turn off all lights, look up in the sky at the northern lights and sing songs that promote togetherness, a massive karaoke moment. That could be fun as well.

After the game is over, there is a massive celebration in the woods, various beverages and exotic foods, loud music, and good times. To eliminate potential fighting between fans of opposite teams, there is going to be boxing rings in the woods where people can settle their differences.

All this will certainly affect the nature of Yellowknife, but how often Yellowknife gets to host something like this? Not often, and let's face it - tree and grass grow back.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Kotasa - 02-12-2021

While the superb owl was a stinker for anyone rooting for the chiefs, spoiler alert it was me I was rooting for the chiefs. The Ultimus has yet to disappoint me in my short time in the league, I saw my ISFL team win back-to-back and the wraiths win their 2 after a season of disappointment sandwiched in there. For this upcoming season’s Ultimus game I can think of no better location than the city of champions, the Tijuana Luchadores stadium. Some may argue that the Orange County Otters are the city of champions and to them I say shut up. The 8 banners hang in the stands of the ultimini with the field decorated appropriately regarding who will be playing in the big bowl. The people of Tijuana knowing how important championship games are would show up in droves celebrating any Tijuana alums on both teams. For half time there would be no show, the stadium would grow silent and soon erupt with snores as both teams and the fans enjoy a nice siesta to rest up before the finale of the big game. It is well known that the post-game celebration would be off the wall with people flooding the streets and having tequila flow. I think Tijuana would be an amazing location for the Ultimus as it is unique as we have not played in a DSFL team location before for the Ultimus, maybe we have the Ultimini in a ISFL team location.
Code:
246 words

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Mooty99 - 02-12-2021

So where to hold the Ultimus you ask me? Let me tell you and it will not be where you expect me to say. You think I am going to say 13 Copperhead Road in Austin aren't you? WRONG the place to make the ultimus the best it possibly could be would be to hold it in a place out of this world, literally. Yes you heard me right I am suggesting that we hold the next Ultimus ON THE MOON! Now this may sound made but I know a number of moon teams have been proposed over time but how good would this be as an ultimus location. I am sure with a bit of cutting edge technology this could be done. It would certainly take some set up with bio dome and other infrastructure to be created on the the old big cheese in the sky. Now like I said having it in a bio dome with artificial gravity is probably needed to stop every passing record being broken but imagine how great a moonbowl would be. The more I talk about it the more I am set on the idea that this is the way for the next Ultimus, so I am off to demand that it does.

WC 211

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - TomHanks - 02-12-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - ddrector - 02-12-2021

In my ideal scenario the Ultimus and Ultimini would take place in various cities throughout the world, each year playing in a new city. Kind of like the World Cup or the Olympics. As ISFL is an international organization the chosen city would not just be relegated to cities in the United States, but all over the world. Ideally the city would be one that doesn't already have a team in the ISFL or DSFL. There are so many great cities to choose from, but off the top of my head some of the top choices would have to be Dublin Ireland, Sydney Australia, and Tokyo Japan. The list is practically limitless and you could introduce the ISFL to a new country every year. Not only spreading the fandom of teams even wider, but also looking for potentially new cities for new expansion teams as the league gets bigger. One thing that is disappointing about the sim we use is that the Ultimus has to be played with the top seed having home field advantage. It is too bad that the sim can't have neutral site games as that would make the Ultimus even more interesting. Especially with the new custom fields we could see some cool unique Ultimus themed fields every season. As far as the halftime show I think it makes most sense to let the host city come up with those plans and have someone well known in that country as the half time show.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Net - 02-12-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - puolivalmiste - 02-12-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - JKortesi81 - 02-12-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - woelkers - 02-12-2021

It is quite honestly difficult to argue against the glitz and glamour of New York City as a potential host site for the Ultimus. Maybe if the weather is your primary concern, you might consider Honolulu, or Sarasota, or one of the California teams a better option, but in all reality, New York City has the largest population of any International Simulation Football League location, and one of the more impressive media presences as well. The bright lights, the big city, this feels like too easy a sell...so instead, I'll point to our friends in Berlin as a host site for the Ultimus. "But woelkers," you cry, "they have another sport they call football. Why would we award the honor of hosting the Ultimus to Berlin?" Well, that is quite simple: it provides us an incredible opportunity to make the country of Germany fall in love with the sport which we Americans already hold so dear. Rarely does football get better than when you pit the top team of each conference against each other, and in this league, the Ultimus game is almost never a disappointment (except, of course, for that one time it was). Plus, we can bring the fanfare surrounding a championship game to Berlin; fans from all across the league, a marching band halftime show, the elation of victory, the devastation of defeat.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Duilio05 - 02-12-2021

PBH