International Simulation Football League
(S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been (/showthread.php?tid=46264)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - dude_man - 07-16-2023

One of the biggest what ifs for me is that I wasn't participating in any rookie server when I first joined. I knew I loved the league and wanted to max earn, but in all reality, it wasn't something that people noticed about me when I joined. People would find me in the general server, but I thought that was the Gen server. It wasn't until after I was drafted that I realized that I wasn't in the rookie server. But the main point I'm getting at is that I was the 42nd pick in the S27 DSFL draft. If I was more active, I probably would have been picked higher. Although in all reality, I'm glad with where I was selected. I can't thank @GuitarMaster116 enough for responding to my countless questions about the league. Him being in Tijuana was able to help drive my love for the league even more so, and I'm just thankful I was part of an organization like that right off the bat.

RE: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - BWIII - 07-16-2023

I think that the one pivotal point in my playing career was when I was starting high school and I was trying out for the team.  I really didn't know how others would perceive me because of I was always a bit shorter than others my age and it definitely led to a lot of judgements before ever getting to show my game.  Anyways I didn't really get a fair shake and I didn't end up making the varsity team.  I was so discouraged that I felt about quitting altogether and not bothering anymore since I didn't see the point.  My dad talked me through it and basically told me to make them have the biggest regrets possible and that kind of changed my mindset.  We would have intersquad practices where the varsity would practice against the junior varsity team every once in a while and I would make it a point to roast the cornerbacks as hard as I could, basically told my qb to chuck it as far as he could and I would catch up to it.  Saw some heads turn after that.

RE: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - shrub02 - 07-16-2023

Reginald has had a pretty straightforward football career his whole life. He's never been seriously injured, and has had plenty of success although he has not won the ever-elusive championship. I would say the biggest turning point in his was less of a turning point and more of a fork in the road. He could have chosen a path that would have put him at a very different place. More specifically, a different team. The fork that I am referring to is his decision to stay at running back. Many of the teams that showed interest in him wanted him only if he was willing to swap positions. But Reginald has known since he was a little kid that he wanted to run the ball. So his draft stock fell and he ended up on the Otters. Which, as it turns out, is exactly where he is supposed to be. I would say you love a good ending to a story but this is only the beginning. 

Code:
166 words 

RE: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - ajtigger - 07-16-2023

Booter's big turning point came back when he was a freshman at William's College. At this time Booter had never played football and still was a standout member of the golf team. However, on the 17th hole of the NCAA championships, Booter shanked his drive into the woods on the right of the fairway. At this point, Booter was found to have kicked his ball from behind a tree to give himself a better angle on the next shot. He was immediately disqualified and his sports career seemed over. However, luckily for Booter the football coach at Williams saw footage of him kicking his golf ball. He noted the perfect kicking motion and called him to see if he would join the football team as the punter and kicker. Now we obviously know that Booter accepted that offer and boy as ISFL fans are we glad he did. Booter is currently second all time in punt average and just keeps getting better season after season.

RE: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - JBLAZE_THE_BOSS - 07-16-2023

The turning point in my career happened during my sophomore year of high school. I was QB for my team and was projecting to be a legitimate prospect at the position. Towards the end of the season, in a game against our school rival, I suffered an injury that would change everything for me. It was a normal game on a normal play. I dropped back, looked at the field and didn't see anything open, so I rolled out to scramble. I didn't see the defender. He grabbed me and slammed me on my right shoulder. I knew something was wrong right away. Scans and x-rays confirmed the worst. I completely tore my labrum. I had a dislocated shoulder. I had a hairline fracture in my upper arm. They told me that I'd never be able to throw the same way again. They were right. During my rehab, I had to find out how I could help the team win in another way. I landed on wide receiver. I figure my knowledge as a QB could give me an IQ advantage when it comes to knowing which routes to run. Catching the ball is easy enough these days with these fancy materials on the gloves. It turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. 

218 words

RE: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - Allstar20890 - 07-16-2023

PBE Affiliate

username there is Allstar20809

RE: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - zaynzk - 07-16-2023

PBE PT Task

RE: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - xenosthelegend - 07-16-2023

I want to rewind quite a bit back to S31. Philadelphia was in the middle of arguably the worst stretch of futility in ISFL history, and Jake Fencik, their kicker/punter had just come off of one of the best punting seasons of all time. Fencik would end up in the hall of fame, but during that offseason, a decision was made which likely is what propelled him into the hall of fame. Fencik decided to swap positions to wide receiver to create possibly the strongest receiving room the ISFL has ever seen. 3 >1000 TPE receivers. Despite this, they actually were much improved in S32 instead of S31 as Philadelphia secured the 1 seed in the NSFC. In S33, Fencik won the WROTY award and after positional awards were abolished, is the only player who will have ever won three different positional awards. While Philadelphia saw some increased success in one of Fencik's three seasons at WR, Fencik rewrote the Philadelphia record books setting the top 2 single season receiving yard records, and another in the top 10.

RE: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - Dustillation - 07-16-2023

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - MouseMazing - 07-16-2023

One moment in Aaron Jager's football career stands out as a significant turning point that shaped the trajectory of his journey. It was when Jager suffered an shoulder injury a few weeks before the draft. Despite this, Jager began to focus on his speed. He knew that his ability to block would be hindered from his injury, but by bolstering his leg strength, he could still provide value as a player. Even though he had been a tight end his entire college career, he used to play as a wide reciever in highschool. His arm injury lead him to swap his position in the DSFL (at the time) to wide reciever. He had great individual stats his first season with the Pythons and is happy with his decision to swap. His most recent season in the ISFL was less than stellar, but he remains confident in his decision and aims to become a hall of fame wide reciever.

158w