International Simulation Football League
(S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? (/showthread.php?tid=46927)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - Moosecop - 08-12-2023

PBE

RE: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - Slick - 08-12-2023

As someone who just got back into the ISFL and has watched a few games this season, The one thing that I feel that is missing is live play by play commentary. This addition could really elevate the simulation in a way never seen before, The league has all the resources for something like this to eventually happen. Add a few guest commentators to give the audience a variety of commentary over the season, Maybe have a few different crews for ISFL and DFSL streams. I also do have a idea for the offseason to make it more interesting for the users, The idea is to put the best DFSL team against the worst ISFL team. This can be like that conversation a few years ago if the best CFB team could beat the worst NFL team. You could allow betting for this game and let GMs see how good some DFSL players would be against ISFL competition. This could help make the offseason more interesting and give users a fun game to watch during that few week break that we know bores us a lot. So to summarize my ideas, Add live play by play commentary and add a game between the best DFSL team and the worst ISFL team.

RE: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - ZodiacEXE - 08-12-2023

Obviously I'm a big proponent of the wheel draft. We put all of the active prospects on a big wheel, then spin it to determine the player that is sent to that pick's team. The pros of this system are that anyone could be 1 OA, not just the people who have earned and scouted well. But I think that idea is a little bit too radical, so instead let's talk about a different draft style: the lottery. Basically, make it so that teams that miss the playoffs each have a chance at 1 OA. The team with the worst record has the biggest chance at the pick, but the incentive to blow everything up as a competitive window ends is lessened. This does have the drawback that a team who really needs the pick gets caught in purgatory-- constantly getting unlucky and picking in the 4-6 OA range when a player who can really anchor a rebuild is available with one of those earlier picks. I don't really think this is the answer, but it's a fun hypothetical.

RE: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - Trennik - 08-12-2023

I've thought about this a little bit. I think play-by-play would be okay-ish, but to have live play-by-play the sim would first need to be interesting. I have a hard time following it, and in it's present form, I don't think an announcer or pair of announcers would help a lot. If the play-by-play was good, I could follow that, but I'd still have a hard time matching it up with the sim and I'd just have to take their word for it.

The main thing I think needs to happen, is the sim needs to slow down and be easier to follow along with. I think once that happens, there could easily be some play-by-play announcers. They could mix in stuff from the wiki entries along with describing the action, and you might have a pretty interesting product. With a good sim paired with good announcing, I think the sky is the limit after that. There could even end up being enough YouTube views to make it profitable. There might end up being sponsors. Who knows.

RE: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - abh89 - 08-12-2023

What change could make the league more exciting? I can think of one thing that would throw in a lot of excitement. I am focusing on the excitement part more than anything, so don’t mistake this as an idea to make the league better. Anyway, one component of the league that everyone loves upon joining is the draft experience and learning which team they will be joining. Another things we complaint we hear about with each new group of users to join the league is that there is no player movement and we should make a bunch of rules to force more player movement.

Well, my idea would be to have a full league redraft every season with the teams selecting in inverse order of the final standings of the previous season. With this idea we continually relive the draft experience each season throughout our career and we see players moving from team to team to team each season. The best of both worlds!

Code:
164 words

RE: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - UptownCord - 08-12-2023

In my opinion, the league could benefit from more usage of the discord stage feature. What I propose to make this happen is ISFL Radio. In the style of sports radio, we could allow podcast hosts from around the league sign up for time slots in which they can entertain the masses of ISFL discord whilst talking in a discord stage. The audience would be able to listen in and ask questions in chat or even be called up onto the stage like a call-in guest on a radio show. The league has tons of talent in this field with many underrated podcasts. This addition would not only get more use out of a sleeper good discord feature, but would also allow for podcast hosts to grow their audience. I've been focusing on podcasters as I figure they would have the most interest in doing something like this, but anyone with a good idea for a live show should be able to apply for a time slot.

RE: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - Evok - 08-13-2023

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=132480&pid=3403005#pid3403005

RE: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - homercrates - 08-13-2023

[Image: 8uNPxkP.png]

RE: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - ScrambledEggs - 08-13-2023

[Image: l0O7Snk.png]

RE: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - CptGoosar - 08-13-2023

So with a new season starting it’s time for a change to the ISFL. There are lots of potential changes that could improve the league or alternatively make the league worse than it currently is. 

My suggestion for a change to the league that will improve the ISFL for the better is have an international stream at least once a season for both the IsFL and the DSFL. 

As a user who is from the UK, every single game time is a 1am start for me so I never get to watch a live stream of the matches with people instead I watch a reply of them the next morning when everyone else is asleep. I think it would be a good idea to have a a week game similar to the colour stream where once a season there is a game that is stream at a different time maybe 6/7 PM GMT time. This would enable Europe to watch the game as well as it not being too early for the West Coast people to watch it after work etc.