International Simulation Football League
(S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+--- Thread: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory (/showthread.php?tid=53462)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - dogwoodmaple - 10-13-2024

PBE affiliate

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - MobiausGrander - 10-13-2024

It would be pretty interesting to see how the league would change if each team would play on a different surface. To keep it simple, I'd like to see how NOLA would do if we played on the sand on the beach. It would be very interesting to see how we would be able to conduct offense on the sand; the reduction in speed and turning would be pretty fun as a defensive player to try and make tackles as not only it would be much easier to tackle the opposition, but it would be fun to try and make those tackles without trying to use the water as a natural boundary as much as possible. The most fun part would be observing special teams; opening holes for returners should be easier than ever, yet it will be interesting to see how the return game, especially the kickoff game, become much more effective in terms of touchdowns scored!

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Deecee98 - 10-13-2024

I believe the game should be played on a ship as the buccaneers are used to this and the sea legged team would domaine. With offensive players trying to run like they had one too many drinks the defence would be 1# in the conference. As far as the offenence they would have pass rushers falling and have extra time in the pocket as far as DB the waves would make there cuts unpredictable and leave wide open receivers as even a inch of speration can make a difference as well as in the run game a rouge wave can cut open a huge running lane It would also add extra level when calling the coin toss in terms of the current and mine make some game deciding decisions 

With this added thing I believe I would add to a significant home team advantage to the bondi buccaneers and would help us lift a ultimus and be a serious contender with a lower roster

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Butteryicarus - 10-13-2024

[Image: python-playing-ww2.png]

Bit of an esoteric joke, but the Portland Pythons playing in...the battlefields of WW2 Italy. Hey, got to keep morale for the troops up!

(for those who don't get this lil historical tidbit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Expeditionary_Force)

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - papalinator - 10-13-2024

As a Yellowknife Wraith, I imagine we would succeed in a cemetery style field.  Naturally, we would have an advantage in this scenario, as we would blend in with the dead and would be unlikely to be haunted.  However, teams may prepare for this by preparing with things like holy water and garlic.  Therefore, we should rotate fields to areas like warzones, Mt. Everest, and tar pits.  This will be full of dead souls with unfinished business, which as we all know is the perfect condition for a haunting ghost.  The Wraiths are immune to hauntings, as can be seen by our general theming and locker room vibes (in the appropriate areas).  The Wraiths would likely have difficulties playing football in a church, if anyone wanted to counter us.  The biggest thing, however, is that if we can play in heaven, we would absolutely lose.  This team is about unfinished business, and we would therefore have no place in heaven and would promptly get blown out.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Tayjay - 10-13-2024

PBE affiliate

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - FootballIsCool - 10-13-2024

Shl Affiliate 
Different forum username: hockeyiscool

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Dindog - 10-13-2024

Hey this is a pretty rad question! I think the best pace for Krusty Krab pizza to play football that’s not turf is gonna have to be under the water! Why you might be wondering? It is because my player actually grew up under the water. Since my player grew up in the water the transition should be relatively easy for them. And with the experience they have playing football underwater their whole live they can easily help their team mates learn exactly how to play football underwater and can come up with the best strategies for his team to play underwater since game play underwater is very different. The ball doesn’t fly through the water the same as it does and also kicking is very different in the water than it does than the air because of water density and all that jazz. So yeah underwater football is the way to go.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - pboomg - 10-13-2024

PBE Affiliate PT