International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day (/showthread.php?tid=31179)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Legally_Blind_Gamer - 04-03-2021

PBE Written PT Affiliate Post

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Philliesphan96 - 04-03-2021

PBE affiliate

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - ajtigger - 04-03-2021

My last draft experience was right before season 25 of the ISFL. Going into the draft I had no idea where I would land. I had talked to many scouts across the league and figured any team could realistically draft me this season. Based on my DSFL performance and draft position I was assuming I would go somewhere towards the middle of the draft. I was very nervous heading into draft night as I had no idea where I would be going or how I would fit into the locker room. Well I was shocked that night when San Jose, the previous Ultimus champions called my name at the end of the third round. That's right this little slot receiver was able to be drafted in the first 3 round, 42nd overall. I was elated to be joining the former champs as my only goal is to win as much as possible in this league. San Jose has been a wonderful place to land. The locker room is fantastic and I love the culture we try and develop. While we have not had the most success in my time there, I am certain we are ready to turn things around and start competing for titles once again. I have just resigned to the team for another 3 years and really hope I can be a career Cat. Go Cats Go.

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - PMoney - 04-03-2021

Patrik Money is reaching the peak of his career so its nice to go back to simpler times when he was just a young up and coming rookie in his ISFL Draft class. S22 was a historically large draft class with talent to be found into the double digit rounds. Coming into the draft he had little idea of where he wanted to go. Almost every team had scouted him and shown some level of interest. In terms of his top team, there were a few teams in the running due to excellent conversations with scouts and knowledge about the players and GMs on the team. The Coyotes had alumni on many of the ISFL teams which was the main reason Money knew much about each of the teams. Yellowknife was one of those teams but when they selected Defensive End James Cho in the 3rd round, Money expected he would end up elsewhere, possibly Colorado as they had a need at DE as well. But when the 5th round rolled back around, Colorado elected to go for fellow Coyotes DE Ismael Sanchez and the Wraiths felt they wanted to secure their future on the DL by picking up Money. While Money has outperformed his draft position, currently sitting at joint 8th TPE in the league, he was glad the Wraiths could add such talent earlier in the draft and still pick him up.

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Cincyfan96 - 04-03-2021

I was a part of the S24 draft and it was definitely surprising to me. I'd talked with several teams in detail and had some really good conversations to where I felt confident I'd slot in at the late first, early second range. I'd made particularly strong connections with recruiters from the Hawks who were close to Tonzy, a fellow draftee whom I'd grown close with through the league, and the Second Line, where mithrandir who recruited me to the league was not in the war room, but was well connected. I felt fairly confident that one of those two teams would select me. However, to my surprise, when NOLA traded up to the 5th pick of the 2nd round, they went with a different linebacker, Busch Light. I did go the very next pick, 18th overall, but the team that drafted me was a big surprise. The Arizona Outlaws. I had to look back through my discord discussions to find a very short scouting conversation with them that I honestly had forgotten. I was honored to be taken, though, and ready to get to work. However, a year later I was being called upon to be a DE and I'd been really clear from day one of scouting conversations that I would be willing to switch positions only for a short time with a plan to get me back to LB. They did not have such a plan in place so I asked to be traded. While this was not how I'd envisioned my time in the ISFL beginning, what it did accomplish was the perfect time to go on the trade block. I was acquired for a second round pick to become one of the inaugural members of the Berlin Fire Salamanders, before the expansion draft had even occurred, and have gotten to see this team from development of a LR all the way to 4-0 to start season 28. I'm really happy with how things turned out, and while I'll always wonder what it would have been like to go to NOLA, I'm definitely happy with where I am now! Go Fire Sallys!

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - LewisMelville - 04-03-2021

Lenkins was drafted by the Fire Salamanders In the fifth round of the season 25 class. It was an interesting time because I was unsure what would happen with an expansion team and how long it would take for them to become competitive. If you watch the YouTube video of the draft it appears being unsure of what was happening was a mutual feeling. I was asked to stay with Grey Ducks to gain more experience. The hard work Lenkins put in last season did not go unnoticed as when I was called up for my maiden season I had been voted as a team captain by my peers. At the time I was happy to be drafted by Berlin albeit they were not my top choice, I wanted to go to Austin Copperheads or Chicago Butchers. Due to the former being tipped off (ultimately incorrectly) that I may be going inactive that move never materialised. The Chicago Butchers rejection became more personal due to the clear level of inept scouting from the franchise and because of this I have vowed never to pay for them even if I hit the free agency market. 

This season (my second as a captain) will definitely be different from the first as opposed to being 0-4 we are now 4-0 and sitting comfortably at the top of our conference. Ultimately I am happy to be a Fire Salamander and may even be a 1 team player.

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - KingSean - 04-03-2021

My player was drafted in S26. Messi was drafted by the Hawks. I did expect that my player would get drafted by some team. But since Messi got drafted pretty late in the DSFL drafting two seasons before S26, I tried to keep my expectations low. It was also partially due to the overwhelming talents in that draft year, and I was not sure that I could really stand out among my peers. Before the drafting, many scouts talked to me about my player - but the talk was kind of boring since all the scouts used the same talking points. I remembered that one team just asked me to fill out a form without even any verbal communication. I thought it was fine - a rookie might not be able to contribute too much to the team. In the drafting day, my player was drafted by Hawks in the second round. I was very thrilled to be drafted along with one of my close friends - Ernst Lover - to the same team. Well, Lover left the Hawks pretty early, right after the draft. I stayed in the Hawks for about 2 seasons now. So far, the experiences suck - the Hawks did not play well, and it is unclear when the team can get out of the stage of losing all the games. My player is still diligent in training, but it becomes quite hard in a team ranking the lowest in the league.

Words: 246

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - .duckszy - 04-03-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - Mojojojo - 04-03-2021

Ernest Lover was drafted 3rd overall in the S26 ISFL draft by the Baltimore Hawks. In the run-up to the draft, Lover and his agent (Mojojojo) had many wonderful scouting conversations with teams across the league, but was particularly excited about the prospect of going to one of the two expansion teams. As a player, Lover felt like he contributed to the team equally in terms of on-field performance and off-field culture building in the locker room and surrounding community. So the idea of going to a young franchise and helping to create a feeling of team cohesion and a connection with new hometown fans appealed to him. With the expansion teams picking first (Berlin Fire Salamanders) and second (New York Silverbacks) overall and there being a number of fantastic choices early in the draft, Lover knew it might be a long shot. But he also had great conversations with the Yellowknife Wraiths picking at fourth, so in the weeks leading up to the draft he was optimistic that he would find his home. 

Baltimore, with the third pick, wasn’t on Lover’s radar since they hadn’t reached out to him or his agent during the scouting process (one of only a handful of teams that had been silent). It was only after the back-end wheeling and dealings of the draft had started that Lover got a message from the GMs of the team at the time. Even though everyone was careful not to leak the ongoing draft, it was fairly clear to Lover that this meant he had been passed over by the two expansion teams and that Baltimore was now on the clock. The conversation with Baltimore was short and then the week leading up to the draft announcements was agonizing. And that’s where Lover ended up. While not his first choice, he did his best to try to fit in with his teammates and the team management, but after a full season without feeling any sense of belonging Lover and his agent asked for a trade.

RE: (S28) PT1 - Draft Day - KillaScrilla - 04-03-2021

Draft day is always a great day. I remember Action being drafted. As my first character I was so excited to watch the draft and hear my name called. With Dex it was a little different. I had retires Action and kinda went inactive for awhile. My dad had gotten worse health wise and I just wasn't as into it anymore.  After a couple of months I wanted back in so I made Dex and decided to give it a go.  Draft came and I had talked to a few teams but being semi active I'd be a late pick but I ended up being picked by Sarasota in the later rounds. Being a recreate I didn't expect to fall as I did but I was good with Sarasota taking me because I had good conversation with their scout. I was just excited to have been picked and given a chance to play with some great people.  Hopefully my next recreate the draft process will be as smooth as this one was because it's definitely a fun time during your sim league experience. You should enjoy the process and it's a great way to meet new people and make contacts in the league for future jobs and what not depending on what you want to moving forward.