International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out (/showthread.php?tid=31663)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - Crodyman - 05-02-2021

It is known that Wasrabi Gleel has long been a fan of cats. This extends to his charity work off the field, as he has partnered with UK based “Cats Protection” to raise money to fix, spay, and rehome cats all over the United Kingdom. Apart from a substantial monetary donation, every year Gleel spends a week in Leeds doing a photo shoot with as many as 12-15 cats and kittens for a yearly calendar that is sold to help raise money for the foundation. While most people prefer kittens, Gleel himself has stated on numerous occasions that he is most fond of the “senior” cats, and gives them priority during the photo shoot as a way to entice adopters to consider giving an older cat a second lease on life via adoption. Since Gleel partnered with Cats Protection over a year ago, the foundation has been able to provide 31% more spaying and neutering of stray cats, as well as an increase in adoption and interest in adoption. When asked about his role at the foundation, Gleel was quoted as saying, “I do it all for the cats. When they need help, I’m there. We had a lot of kitties growing up, and I’m just trying to pay it forward.”

(211 words)

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - Alucas - 05-02-2021

Being a well recognized athlete would lead to many charities asking for your help and appearances to try and drum up donations and money. I think it would be very hard to choose just one charity to support. I am still reasonably new to the local Baltimore area but I am sure that there would be many amazing charities to choose from. Overall I would go for a charity that required me to get my hands dirty, building homes or helping other clean up the area to make it safer and better to live in. I think I would rather get involved in something personal as it would create a bigger change than just me donating money to a cause. I would want to devote time to putting some hard labour into use and growing the area. As mentioned maybe habitat for humanity which would allow me to help create a house for someone to live in, many great people have been involved in this charity and I think it ends up with a tangible and useful outcome. Otherwise helping with community gardens or something that can provide food to those that need it most. Regardless of what I chose to help with I am pretty sure I wouldn't be able to pick just one, as a leading athlete for the area I would hope to emulate someone like JJ Watt and really help out and be a standout person for the community.

Code:
243 Words

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - Starboy - 05-02-2021

[Image: LMundeT.png]

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - hotdog - 05-02-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - ajtigger - 05-02-2021

Zach Crossley would partner with read across America as his commitment to charity. The player feels that the love of reading is necessary to have a successful career and life. Read across America allows Crossley to work with inner city schools in his hometown of Philadelphia. During the offseason Crossley can be found volunteering at elementary schools to help encourage reading. His favorite activity is actually reading to the youngest of children within the school especially when he can read his favorite picture book the Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carl. Crossley maintains a reading list for children of all ages on his website with recommendations such as the Chronicles of Narnia and the Red wall series. During the season Crossley can also be found organizing drives to help local libraries in San Jose. Zach spent much of his childhood checking out books from the library as his parents did not have much money to spend on them for him and his siblings. Zach sees raising funds for the library as his way of giving back and helping a new generation learn to love books as much as he does. Crossley plans to continue to participate in these programs as his career unfolds, and upon retirement he hopes to return to school in order to obtain a degree that would allow him to work in a library in his post football life.

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - Thatguy91 - 05-02-2021

SHL affiliation

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - toivo - 05-02-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - gbfn - 05-02-2021

In his free time Heinrich Kackpoo is actively supporting various charity organisations. One of them is the so called "Critter connections". The purpose of this organisation is to rescue and rehabilitate abandoned and neglected guinea pigs. The organisations was started in 2004. The main idea behind was that most animal shelters are not equipped to provide the right care for the guinea pigs. Since the start of the non profit organisation it's members have already taken care of 1500 abandoned guinea pigs.
Heinrichs work there is very important for him. Not only he gets to take care of the poor animals but also can get a break from the stressful football life. It helps providing him with a much needed balance in life. When he comes in he has to do all the things the animals need. It varies from feeding them and cleaning their stables to just sitting with them and petting them. Heinrich absolutely loves his job there. Until now it has really grown to one of his favourite hobbies. Sometimes when he has enough free time, like when the Hahalua are missing the playoffs yet again, he even gets the chance to drive around with others and collect the abandoned animals and take them to the shelter. He really enjoys his time there and will continue his engagement there for the forseeable future.

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - Air Crou - 05-02-2021

Bruuuuuuuh! Skiuuup grew up struggling to find a plate of warm food on the table. He had to go to the local food bank or rely on the kindness of the workers in his school's cafeteria to eat something. So it is only natural he helps with the various food banks all over Germany. Whether it is with him showing up, preparing and giving out meals in the Berlin food banks, or by donating loads of cash or even himself buying the goods to send over to the food banks all over Germany. He even rings bells on various houses around his neighborhood, meeting the families and taking them grocery shopping, paying the bill in full and even helping them prepare a beautiful meal. It is his goal to never let anyone starve like his family and him did while growing up. As long as he can help it, nobody starves. Not on his watch. He also helps homeless people. He has been there once, he knows it sucks. He finds them a place to get clean, have a nice haircut, fresh clothes, food, and even a job and a place to stay. All that because he was poor once, and he does not want anyone else to feel like he did as a kid. Ever.

RE: (S28) PT 5 - Helping Out - j00 - 05-02-2021

Juno has started an organization that advocates for the legalization of many of the world's currently illegal drugs, including but not limited to MDMA, LSD, psilocybin, cocaine, heroin, and of course marijuana. The organization is called the Bureau of Legalization of Appropriate Substances for Individualized Therapy. It is a damn shame that in 2043 we are still putting people behind bars for what should be the right to do to one's body as one pleases. Of course, BLASIT believes that the best way to prevent abuse or overdosing of drugs is to provide as much accurate information on the various drugs as possible, so that consumers can make properly informed decisions on when and how the best time to take any given drug is. For example, if you work a normal M-F 8-5 like most people, I would recommend Friday and Saturday nights and to go hard!

BLASIT currently only operates in the state of California and is currently employing over 69 employees, but we are looking to expand our operations as quickly as possible. So on that note, please know that we ARE HIRING, and assist us in spreading the word. We are looking for scientists, chemists, botanists, accountants, mercen---errrrm...security officers, and administrators, though many other positions are open as well, such as general laborers, especially if you are not a naturalized citizen of the United States! We will help you with naturalization! If you feel that you are able to contribute to this effort, please give us a call at (420) 4-JUNO-HU. That's (420) 458-6648. Thank you for your interest and time!