International Simulation Football League
(S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks (/showthread.php?tid=25067)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - Colabear - 08-21-2020

While there were certainly sim football insiders who suspected the rise of Sarasota this year, still just their third season in the league after the Season 22 expansion. But for them to be the only remaining undefeated team in the league after six games holding the number one overall seeding was beyond the expectations of even the most bullish Sailfish fans.

Dexter Banks II has been setting the league alight racking up 1,839 yards in those 6 games, nearly 200 yards more than the next closest quarterback. He also has 250 rushing yards on top of that, showing the great Franklin Armstrong, the man he used to catch passes from, how it's done. Defensively Haha Mongo-Panda has been outstanding, collecting 6 sacks, 2 interceptions, 9 pass deflections, 43 tacks, with 1 fumble and recovery. Surely putting him in contention for defensive player of the year.

The Sailfish have a tough stretch in games versus AFSC opponents including New Orleans, Orange County, Arizona, and fellow season 22 expansion franchise, the Honolulu Hahalua. If they can come out of the stretch in good shape they will be in excellent position to take a top playoff seeding. They already have a perfect in conference record which should set them up to do well in tiebreakers. But there's a lot of football still to be played.

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - QuirkyTurtle - 08-21-2020

For this task I thought about straying from the obvious choice of team who’s stocks are rising at some ridiculous rate, but I just couldn’t. The Sarasota Sailfish are really taking off this season and I don’t believe anyone saw it coming. They belong in the conference that seemed at the beginning of the season to be literally anyone’s to win. Even I have regrettably predicted them the come last in the conference. Boy did I screw that one up. They are going on an absolute tear right now and are still undefeated after 6 weeks. The last team to have done that ended up winning the Ultimus so perhaps it is Sarasota’s year, which would be mightily impressive given they have only been in existence for 3 seasons. Their impressive streak this year is that much more impressive as their team, while still talented is not as talented TPE-wise as some others that are failing miserably. Philadelphia are crumbling, even though they have a nice strong well-rounded squad on both offense and defence. They are yet to win a game. However, I don’t predict these streaks to continue at all. With still 10 weeks left, Sarasota should come back down to earth and Philadelphia should find their groove and start winning some games. Their playoff hopes are not lost yet.

Words: 221

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - Lime - 08-21-2020

SHL PT

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - Birdman - 08-21-2020

PT Affiliation - LordBirdman

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - Muford - 08-21-2020

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=14200&view=findpost&p=210805

welfare

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - toivo - 08-21-2020

SHL PT

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - Aenir - 08-21-2020

The Chicago Butchers have not at all lived up to the hype that they had on them throughout the off-season, and the draft, and hell, even the pre-season. A lot of people bought into the hype, of the Chicago Butchers adding Baby Yoda, Bender Rodriguez, and Daymond Brooks, as well as calling up Luca Scabbia from the DSFL. Instead, the Chicago Butchers have continued to be a mockery in the league, winning an abysmal one game, while getting blown out in three of their five losses. They totaled 18 points in three blow out losses, while getting dismantled and giving up 97 points. If you could erase those three games, then the Butchers would still be a horrible team, but not nearly as bad. Their Offense 11th in the league in points scored, while their yards are 9th (total), 11th (rushing) and 3rd (passing). The Defense gets passed all over, being the worst for yards, and they get ran on quite a bit as well, 7th in the league there. Everyone that was sipping that Chicago Butcher juice was clearly sipping the wrong stuff, since the Butchers continue to be a horrendous team with no end in sight to the slaughter. Hopefully the Butchers can pull it together against San Jose, a surprise team in the ASFC.
217 words

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - Mooty99 - 08-21-2020

When thinking about which team to talk about with regards to overachieving or underachieving so far this season I can only think of my beloved Austin. Unfortunately for cells we have most certainly under cheered from these 1st 6 games for We have played. We started the season badly losing a home to San Jose,  How ever the unexpected win over Orange County with thought we were back on track but this was not the case We have Simpson lost all our games games which we should have won. But I am not worried yet losing in the 1st half of the season has become a rather disturbing Austin tradition hopefully weaken start winning again to ensure we get that playoff spot I just feel bad because with every loss I lose money on my newly acquired Austin stocks from the brand new stock market. This far as players are going ironically our quarterback Cole has been playing very well despite all the losses but we have had for the past few seasons it has been interceptions from coal but of course these problems but now it is the rest of the team to making the errors or he is doing his very best to put up the stand out season.

WC 211

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - 209tacos - 08-21-2020

pbe PT 20-1

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - Attopax - 08-22-2020

I don't think it is an especially hot take to say that the Liberty has fallen greatly since the start of the season. The Liberty was considered -- not only a team on the rise, but -- a team that was on the cusp of a window to be playoff contenders. The forward trajectory of the team was noticed around the league. The team was considered by many in their Season Predictions to be a playoff contender THIS year. While they maybe weren't at their window to be an Ultimus favorite, they were in the hunt according to most. I don't think their stock would have fallen nearly as much had they just underperformed. This season they haven't only underperformed, they have collapsed. Stockholders are trying to catch a falling knife. While some of the issues could be chalked up to depth chart errors or other intangibles, analysts are suggesting that it likely wouldn't change the overall standings. With the Liberty going 0 and 7, their stock very while might be locked in for this season. However, the question for analysts moving forward will be whether this is the year to buy! If this is just a fluke season for the Liberty and they manage to maintain their personnel, a number one overall pick very well might let them recover over the next 2 seasons or so.

225 words