International Simulation Football League
(S40) Offseason Task - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S40) Offseason Task (/showthread.php?tid=43438)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: (S40) Offseason Task - Lowkey - 02-19-2023

Quote:34. New players join our teams every season, so which of those new players made the biggest impact on the field for your team?

Every year a team gets a brand new group of players joining a team. In the minors turnover is a real issue and there is a lot of parity in the league where teams can go from good to bad and vice versa rather quickly. Thats why it is important to go and look at who is new on the team and try to figure out who perhaps made the biggest splash as a newbie on any given team. The Minnesota Grey Ducks surely have their share of new players to highlight. For me though, playing on the Defensive Line the player that stood out most to me is none other than Sir Tywrell Xah'Aawrone. No; if you're asking - I have no idea how to pronounce the players name. That aside Sir Tywrell Xah'Aawrone had an astounding rookie season. He totaled fourteen sacks during the year. It felt like every time I looked up during the sim he was harassing the opposing teams quarterback. Truly great.
166 Words

Quote:27. Imagine your current position was not available to be picked when you created your player. What other position would you have picked, and why?

Wow, what a great question. If I had to go ahead and pick another position in the ISFL I would have so many interesting options to choose from. Offensive Line would probably be interesting if not boring; but heck - wouldn't it be fun to hand out pancakes all year long? No, actually I don't think it would be fun. The pick for me would obviously be Running Back. I thought about Quarterback for just half a second to realize quickly that taking the ball out of the backfield and then ramming my body violently forward - crashing into my opponents and wreaking absolute havoc is the only other position truly comparable to defensive tackle. When you're a running back you're truly a man amongst tiny little children. When you win a game via a sustained running game, you truly are demoralizing your opponent. You own the clock and own the hearts and minds of your opponents. Nothing could be cooler.
159 Words

Quote:28. Football is a game that has been going on for a while, loved by fans all over. But what if you were able to make some rule changes? Talk us through your new version of football, and what would be different and why?

When you look at the game of football what do you see? The absolute biggest titans that mankind can muster clashing against each other is what I think the answer to that very question is. Now, in real life you need to concern yourself with the true human toll of that said clash. Men get their bodies broken constantly and irreparably harm many different parts of their body - even the thing that separates us from animals in our brains. Now what keeps them healthy in real life? Regulation, a well regulated game keeps the players safer than they would otherwise be. Those regulations come in the form of penalties. Now here is what I'm getting at. NO PENALTIES! Let the players do whatever they will in the sim because there is no actual consequence. Now games won't be decided by random penalties that spring up at the worst absolute times. Let the games be decided by which players truly stand above the rest.
163 Words

Task 36: PBE Affiliate

RE: (S40) Offseason Task - Punk42AE - 02-19-2023

PBE Affiliation
+2.5 TPE

Quote:11. Write a short biography or story about your player. This could include background about how they came to the ISFL and how they’ve done so far, a story about their role in an exciting game, or anything else related to their experience in the league.
JR Frankenstero started off as a young boy only playing Baseball, but he quickly picked up sport after sport after sport.  That saw him playing all four of the major sports for a short time, before he stepped away from being a Power Forward on the Lake Superior Raiders in Basketball.  Now he currently fills out his time as a Defensive End in Football, a Center Fielder in Baseball, and as a Center in Hockey, racking up stats in all three of those sports.  He might not be great in any of the different positions that he plays, but he is good for being active and around for the team anytime that they need him.  The hope is that he is able to bring in multiple championships across all of the different leagues that he's in.  So far that hasn't come, but he has been in the playoffs virtually every season he's been involved in.

But when it comes to Football, Frankenstero is just finishing up his third full season in the ISFL, and fifth total in the entire league.  In the DSFL  he was able to play four games with the London Royals and then spent two seasons with the Dallas Birddogs after the draft.  Once he was drafted by the ISFL New Orleans Second Line he was called up after one more season.  So far he has had an up and down career in the ISFL as it's pretty rough to be a Defensive End when it comes to stats, but the disruption at the line helps the entire teams defense to lock down the other team.  This last season's 10 sacks allowed him to pass his DSFL sack total of 16, as it gave him 22 so far in his big time career.  But he's still sitting 36 tackles short of his two+ season minor league career.  This upcoming season could see him right on the cusp if last season was any barometer.
+5 TPE

Quote:24. You’re in charge of entertainment for the Ultimus or Ultimini half-time show. What would you do? (Written Task)
For the upcoming S40 Ultimus Half-time Show we are bringing in the Band Ghost to headline the event.  For those of you who are unaware they have the hit song 'Dance Macabre' and are fronted by the eternal ghost Papa Emeritus IV (Tobias Forge, not to be confused by Tobias Onyango Fünke).  Joining this super musical show will be the band Korn with Monkey and lead singer Jonathan Davis, they will join them during the intro.  Also the band Mudvayne will be bringing their painted faces front and center with Chad Gray bringing the band back together.  And the final band to join this crazy musical cast is the many members of Slipknot!  If you thought that there weren't enough people with painted faces and masks, well now we have enough.  As the final members to join the stage in the third act, Slipknot is going to pull out all the stops of percussion and bring the crowd to their feed and stomping.  If you have never been able to see the amazing show that is put on by them, behold the snare drum tossing, massive bass drop slamming, Corey Taylor lead rampage.  THIS WILL BE A SHOW NEVER FORGOTTEN!
+2.5 TPE

RE: (S40) Offseason Task - MobiausGrander - 02-19-2023

1) Now that we have completed the ISFL's 39th season, I think it is a great time to observe and reflect on how both the ISFL and DSFL champions, the YellowKnife Wraiths and the Kansas City Coyotes respectively, won their respective league. 

Beginning with the Kansas City Coyotes of the DSFL, we have an interesting season. In the DSFL's 39th season, we had some great parity that the league had not seen in quite a while. The Coyotes finished with a 9-5 record which was tied for 2nd best in the league. On offense, the Coyotes averaged 26.7 points per game, which was 2nd best in the league, averaged 395.9 total yards per game, which was best in the league, averaged 135.9 rushing yards per game which was third best in the league, and averaged 260.0 passing yards per game, which was 4th best in the league. On defense, the Coyotes averaged 19.9 points per game, which was best in the league, averaged 366.2 total yards per game, which was 4th best in the league, averaged 130.4 rushing yards per game which was 6th best in the league, and averaged 235.9 passing yards per game, which was 3rd best in the league. As a result of this balance, the team was able to secure a playoff spot and compete for an Ultimini. In the semifinals, the Coyotes matched up with the Grey Ducks. The game was a back and forth affair that saw the two teams trade scores in every quarter until the 4th quarter where the Coyotes were down 4. At that moment, the team blew the game open as they scored 17 straight points to close out the game with a decisive ten point victory to advance to the championship. In the Ultimini, the team faced the Norfolk Seawolves; however, the game as not even close as the Coyotes dominated the Wolves to the final score of 44-20, earning another ring for the franchise! 

Moving with the YellowKnife Wraiths of the DSFL, we have a godly season to discuss. In the ISFL's 39th season, like the DSFL, we had some great parity that the league had not seen in quite a while. However, the Wraiths were standing above the rest with how godly their season was. The team finished 13-3 with the fewest points allowed in a season in ISFL history, along with many different defensive records set this season. On offense, the Wraiths averaged 31.9 points per game, which was 2nd best in the league, averaged 386. 8 total yards per game, which was 2nd best in the league, averaged 122.6 rushing yards per game which was third best in the league, and averaged 264.4 passing yards per game, which was 6th best in the league. On defense, the Wraiths averaged a great 13.8 points per game, which was best in the league and history, averaged 288.6 total yards per game, which was best in the league, averaged 65.4 rushing yards per game which was best in the league, and averaged 223.2 passing yards per game, which was best in the league. As a result of this great balance, the team was able to secure the number one overall playoff spot and compete for an Ultimus. In the semifinals, the Wraiths matched up with the Butchers. As a result of their godly team, the Wraiths completely destroyed the Butchers to the score of 47-28, giving them access to the Ultimus. In the Ultimus, the Wraiths faced the back to back champs in Arizona, where in an even worse game, destroyed their opponent to score of 34-6, not allowing a single TD. The Wraiths have officially completed the greatest season in ISFL history as they allowed the fewest points in ISFL history, had the MVP, and had the Defensive Player of the Year at the same time. What a godlike season and congratulations to the Wraiths for completing it. 

606 words

RE: (S40) Offseason Task - Billybolo53 - 02-19-2023

36. Affiliate PT from either SHL/SSL/PBE. The Weeks must match with the timeframe of this Offseason Task. And you may only use a max of 1. +2.5
PBE PT

26. if your player wasn't a professional in the ISFL/DSFL, what would they be doing instead? (Written Task or Graphic Task) +2.5

If my player was not a professional football player he would most likely be a musician. I named my player after Teenie Hodges a legendary R & B guitarist from the 60's -70s. He played on a lot of al greens hit records. I absolutely love his style. So my player would follow in his name sake a be a guitarist. I am learning guitar and it is one of the most rewarding past times I can think of. I am not sure if Teenie would be in a band but would most likely just work out of a studio helping other by coming up with guitar parts. If music didn't work out Hodges probably would go with sports betting. There's a certain romanticizing that comes with sports betting. The all or nothing mentality. The fast living. That would be fun for a little while but most likely would end in a crash an burn in Las Vegas .

WC: 158

16. Describe your player and/or team’s journey through this latest season. What were the highlights? What were the lower points? What might you have done differently? What are your expectations for next season? +5

My player was just called up for his rookie season after two years in the DSFL. In the DSFL my player was the number one target for two season for the Norfolk Seawolves. I was one of the top receivers in the DSFL and the only real receiving threat on the Norfolk offense easily eclipsing 1000 yard in my two seasons in the DSFL despite the 14 game season. My rookie season in the ISFL was a perfect foil to my time in the DSFL. I was third on the depth chart behind two veteran receivers and did not have a large amount of the target shares. For the first half of the season I would make the occasional splash play. I did have a 70+ year Touchdown that made a for a memorable moment. For the final five games, I was elevated to the starting line up. It was nice to get some extra looks to close the year, but again I am on one of the most run heavy teams ever. Much like in Norfolk but with more mouths to feed on the offensive side of the ball. Next season I am not sure what to expect. I think we will still be very run heavy. I will be the number two receiver from the start so I will get some decent chances. Hopefully I can build on last season and with the added volume make a big impact. I wish we still had a break out player award cause I think I would be prime for it this season. I am really excited to see where coco goes in the future. The gms have a really solid plan in place and with a few more seasons of earning we will be on top of the league once again. Hopefully i can get 1000 yards this upcoming season.

WC: 310

RE: (S40) Offseason Task - shadyshoelace - 02-19-2023

Code:
With another season in the books z it's time for the annual tradition of naming an Ultimus Bowl Most Valuable Player and sending them on a promotional trip to Disneyland. This year's MVP was obviously quarterback Adrian St. Christmas, who was impeccable in passing for four touchdowns and zero interceptions in the Yellowknife Wraiths' 34-6 championship victory. While he is taking his talents elsewhere next season, he did get a chance to celebrate with his teammates at the Happiest Place in Earth. Since his name is Christmas, obviously the park commemorated his accomplishments by bringing out their vaunted Christmas decor during his stay. This meant that he got to ride on the Haunted Holiday Mansion, It's a. Small World Christmas edition, and lead the Disney marching band in a special edition of their Christmas parade. This is only fitting for a team from icy Yellowknife, to keep their fans and others full of cheer and imbued with (St.) Christmas spirit.

Code:
While we all love participating in the ISFL, it's no secret that Draft Day Sports Pro Football isn't an optimal engine for running the league. We've found ways to take advantage of what it offers and build archetypes that effectively utilize its quirks, but it continues to have a few flaws that make it tough for users to get excited about. For one, it is visually unattractive to watch. In a league that relies heavily on drawing in continuous new classes, the visuals don't help us recruit or convince others that this is an enjoyable pastime, especially those who happen to see something on YouTube rather than coming in through the community. It also lacks coherent logic when it comes to game management, routinely making head scratching decisions like atrocious surrender punts, misused timeouts, and the like. Since GMs don't get in game control, this often leads to a sour taste in users' mouths when the result of the game seems to be skewed by an unrealistic call. However, it's the best option we have today, and we just have to hope Wolverine will continue to improve it.

Code:
As a professional football player, Dante King is a household name and has a great deal of influence in the public sphere. One way that any big name celebrity seeks to utilize and expand their reach is to start a podcast, and Dante is no exception. His long career in the ISFL gives him a unique insight into the league, and his Sociology degree from Stanford gives him a background in understanding the causes and effects of people's behavior. With this unique perspective and skillet, his podcast - Seven Circles with Dante King - seeks to dive deep into the ways that people and organizations make decisions and interact in and out of the sports world. He dissects how teams across sports and employment fields are structured and dives into what makes successful organizations tick. The podcast aims to be entertaining and illuminating for sports fans looking for anecdotes and a peek behind the locker room and practice field curtains, but also distill successful principles and practices that any listener can apply to their own life.

Code:
When looking at the Baltimore Hawks roster, one can see a team with a lot of youth and potential that isn't quite ready to be harnessed today but with a lot of room to grow. One player that is emblematic of this is none other than the team's quarterback, Preston Beatz. He's succeeded franchise legend Gimmy Jaroppolo Jr, who holds franchise records for passing yards and touchdowns, but has come in at a young age to improbably lead the Hawks to the postseason in his rookie season and cement himself as a leading voice in the locker room. Outside of Beatz's on field performance, Darkness is a huge asset to any team he's on and constantly works to help the team get better and stay strong despite lacking an official team title. His knowledge of the league, friendly personality, and lack of sleep schedule make him an amazing teammate and war room member who will undoubtedly lead the Hawks into their next golden era.

RE: (S40) Offseason Task - Modern_Duke - 02-19-2023

Tier 1 #7. Write 600 words or more on something about anything in the league that interests you.

The big story in the first part of this offseason was the announcement of contraction at the DSFL level due to a gradual decline in DSFL players in the past couple of seasons. Ultimately the decision to contract was reversed due to the successful NFL reddit recruiting class. While I like that league leadership is trying to keep DSFL locker rooms full and active, I would like to propose a more flexible and consistent solution.

Rather than keep a static number of teams I suggest using a variable number of teams based on the number of rookies and send downs in each year. The idea is basically to replace the entire DSFL with a system similar to the prospect bowl. The league typically operates the prospect bowl each season which throws the rookies into new teams with new brandings, and the number of teams is based on how many prospects there are.

Actually adopting this system full time solves the issue behind the contraction talks - if there are too many teams, teams have fewer active rookies, resulting in quiet locker rooms, resulting in fewer rookies sticking around. If we keep the number of teams dependent on the number of players, we ensure that every locker room has an appropriate number of users.

So, on the topic of contraction, if there is a smaller recruitment effort and the powers at be decide that under this system only 6 teams are necessary, what happens, are we back to contracting Bondi Beach and Portland? Well no, because what I have in mind to get people comfortable with changes in the amount of teams year to year is to again use the prospect bowl idea of using brand new teams in new locations - every season. People would be a lot more accepting of the initially planned contraction if they didn't have their connections to BBB and Portland.

Now I understand that dismantling the entire structure of the DSFL is kind of a lot to ask, and also this plan of new teams each year comes with a few new issues to solve. Most pressingly, who is actually going to run these teams? Under the current DSFL structure, teams will have their 2 GMs in place, usually for several seasons. Under this new structure, an issue would come up when the number of teams changes, which GMs would lose their job or take the new job? Also, if the teams change every year, how do the GMs for each team get assigned? Well the idea I had was, to handle the fluid number of teams we need to have fluid GMs too. Basically, rather than having GMs assigned to teams, I would suggest having a "pool" of 20 or so possible GMs. Then, once the number of teams is decided, GM duos volunteer or are assigned. This way, if some GMs want to take a break or won't be available as much for the upcoming season, they can sit it out and then maybe just get back into leading a team the next season.

The other part of this system that would change would be send downs. If teams aren't permanent, send downs obviously can't stay on the same team each season. So what would be required would be a draft of the players that are sent down. This would be done separate from (and probably after) the rookie draft.

Obviously this plan has no chance of happening, it would be far to much of a change for everyone to agree on the specifics, and to be honest it is probably not necessary anyway. Even though we faced down contraction and it might still happen soon, the number of teams has been the same for almost 20 seasons without serious issue, so clearly the number of teams isn't something that should be required to often.

RE: (S40) Offseason Task - JBLAZE_THE_BOSS - 02-19-2023

Task #2:

The Season 38 ISFL Draft was one dominated by prospects on the defensive side of the ball. With 6 of the 14 First Round selections going to the LB position, this was a hyper-focused draft where teams zeroed in on one space and attacked it. This is great for teams in the moment of an arms race. However, the reality is that a lot of the time, a strategy like this allows great players to slip through the cracks. Someone who somehow slipped through the cracks to the 27th overall selection was none other than Johnny Blaze Jr. The second-generation prospect came into the ISFL with little fanfare despite his championship and Hall of Fame pedigree.

There were 4 receivers selected before Blaze Jr. in this draft. Let’s take a deeper look at these selections and see how these picks played out. Would some of these teams do things differently had they known then what they know now? Would some of these players not cut it on a practice squad? Should Blaze Jr. actually have been taken later on in the draft than he was? Let’s go look at the facts and see what kind of conclusions we can draw.

So that we can properly compare all parties involved, first I think it’s important to look at Johnny Blaze Jr.’s numbers. Johnny had an incredible rookie season and was a major player on the Sailfish offense. He had 65 receptions for 1,102 receiving yards and 9 receiving TDs. Johnny gets it done in the training room as well, at the time of writing checking in with 704 TPE.

The first WR taken off the board was at pick 9. Teenie Hodges, the standout from Norfolk, had the honor of being at the top of his position. Orange County took only the 3rd offensive player overall in this spot, and experts applauded the move at the time. As we approach the beginning of Season 40, how are things going for Hodges and the Otters? To be blunt, not well. The Otters must already have buyer’s remorse on this one. They spent a top 10 pick in the draft on someone who failed to contribute significantly on an offense that was begging for someone to stand out. Hodges had a rookie season worthy of forgetting, for the most part, the only place he excelled was his 47 receptions. He didn’t do much with those receptions, only 579 receiving yards and a paltry 4 receiving TD. Comparing the players in the weight room, there is no comparison. Hodges only has 596 TPE, trailing Blaze Jr. by over 100 TPE. It’s clear that Orange County has fallen far from grace since their days of Johnny Blaze Jr’s uncle being a major part of their championship campaigns.

The second WR taken in the Season 38 draft was #12 overall, London Royals product Jeff Newman was selected by the Austin Copperheads. How well is this pick working out for the Copperheads? Well, Newman isn’t a WR anymore. He’s a RB now, so it’s hard to really compare apples to apples here, but let’s give it a shot. Newman has not been a bad player by any means. He got to the ISFL quickly and hung with the big boys right away. He’s not blowing anyone away with his stat sheet. This season, 642 rushing yards with a 4.4 YPA, with 8 rushing TDs. For someone who was a WR in college and the DSFL, he somehow has 0 receiving TDs out of the backfield. Are the Copperheads upset that Jeff Newman is on their team? Certainly not, he’s a good professional football player. Would they rather have Johnny Blaze Jr. and his production at the 12th overall pick? Probably. Newman comes up considerably short in the TPE race, checking in with only 556.

Right after Jeff Newman came off the board, the third WR was taken by Baltimore when they selected Shane Turnbull from the Dallas Birddogs. Turnbull had a fantastic rookie season, going right to the ISFL after the draft in Season 38. In his rookie campaign, he had 993 receiving yards on 90 catches and 6 TDs. His performance dipped in Season 39, with only 76 catches for 669 yards and 1 TD. While Blaze Jr had more TDs this season than Turnbull does in his now two-year career, Baltimore isn’t too upset with this pick. Turnbull will eventually be a solid piece to a big offense. He’s also the closest of the 3 WRs taken so far when it comes to TPE, Turnbull checking in with 648 going into Season 40.

The 4th WR chosen in the Season 38 draft was Really Creative-Name to Berlin out of Tijuana. Creative-Name put up insane stats in the DSFL, leading some to think that perhaps off-field character concerns (does anyone truly know what happened that weekend in Tijuana?) led to him dropping here in the 2nd round at the 23rd overall selection. Creative-Name had a pretty solid rookie performance this past season. On an absolutely dreadful Berlin team, he managed to put up some respectable numbers. One of the most popular Dynasty Fantasy Football selections, Creative-Name had 79 catches for 957 yards and 5 TDs. Will he be able to keep up this sort of production? Creative-Name needs to hit the weight room, he only has 555 TPE as we enter Season 40. Would Berlin be in the basement still if they had selected Blaze Jr. instead? We will never, ever know.
These four men, known henceforth as “The Blaze Jr. Four” will forever be linked and compared with Johnny Blaze Jr. These teams – Orange County, Austin, Baltimore, and Berlin; will things ever be the same for them? Or will they always be wondering “What if?” With Blaze Jr over 50 TPE ahead of the 2nd place guy, he’s got quite the head start and should be on his way to an incredible, memorable career.

Total Words: 989

RE: (S40) Offseason Task - ThreeToeSloth - 02-19-2023

Tier 1 - Task 2 - 10 TPE

The season 40 ISFL draft class was an interesting one. With 57 picks and 5 rounds, the large majority of draftees were on the offensive side of the ball, with 31 being on offence, 24 on defence, and 2 placekickers on special teams. Of those offensive players, WRs and RBs were by far the most drafted, with 10 and 9 drafted respectively for each position. This is in contrast to QB, which is arguably the most important position in football, with only 2 taken this draft. This might signal that none of the QBs excited scouts from the ISFL, with the two taken only being taken in the 4th round. It also might signal that current ISFL teams are content with their playmakers at the moment, which may mean future generations may have a tough time cracking the QB position for a while.

On the defensive side of the ball, the draftees were much more spread over the positions, with DE having the most picks with 7, feeling a very large hole within the ISFL. In particular, Alex Armstrong of the Kansas City Coyotes starred in the DSFL season, recording 14 sacks and 14 TFL, a very impressive stat line for a rookie. The top 2 picks of the draft were both linebackers, with Liv Elsathelookout from the Dallas Birddogs getting taken with the 1st overall pick to the Honolulu Hahalua after a very poor season. Team leaders at the Hahalua will be hoping that Elsathelookout makes an immediate impact or may face scrutiny from fans and players about the lacking performances. Money Tolliver out of Bondi Beach was selected 2nd overall by the Baltimore Hawks, who are looking for a solid player that can sure up the middle off the field for the Hawks, after they had a season that would probably be below the standards held by the birds from Baltimore.

Interestingly, there were two special teams selections in the draft, with kickers Jayme Jayne Jay-Jaymison and Cole Mann going in the 3rd and 4th rounds respectively to the Arizona Outlaws and the Austin Copperheads. The rookie season for these two kickers will show whether or not the teams will be rewarded for drafting in a position that is traditionally ignored in the draft.

It will also be interesting to see which draftees make an immediate impact and start for their teams, and what draftees will return to the DSFL to continue developing. For some teams such as Honolulu and the Berlin Fire Salamanders, they will be hoping for immediate impact from their first round draft picks as they try and get off the bottom of the standings. For others such as the Yellowknife Wraiths and Arizona, they will be willing to let their prospects develop for another season, ready to fill the spots of older players for the S41 season where they will have a lot more TPE and will be more explosive on the field.

Finally, looking at the DSFL, some teams will have some large holes to fill as a result of the draft. Three teams tied for the most amount of players drafted from, with Kansas City Coyotes, Minnesota Grey Ducks and the Dallas Birddogs having 8 players drafted into the ISFL. This Is not a surprise as Minnesota and Kansas City finished 1st and 2nd in the DSFL North, with Dallas finishing 2nd in the DSFL South. Bondi Beach had the tied least with 6 players drafted, which aligned with the season performance, as the Buccaneers went 2-11-1, finishing last in the DSFL South.

It should be an interesting season for the rookies in the ISFL, with pressure onto perform as the following class will much larger with some better players. The rookies this season will have to make an impact in order to stay in the league.

RE: (S40) Offseason Task - Nathan - 02-19-2023

Task 12: Team Rival
Since I am still somewhat new compared to other users, and have only seen roughly five seasons of the league, I do not know well what teams are considered the Berlin Fire Salamanders’ biggest rivals.  Despite that, from my brief experience, the team that I would consider the closest thing to a rival is Yellowknife.  First off, Berlin has won at least one game in the two game series both play each season every season I’ve been here.  This includes seasons where Berlin went 2-14 (S36) and 4-12 (S39).  During this period, Yellowknife has been a good to great team, whereas Berlin hasn’t for the most part, which has allowed Berlin to play spoiler against them.  This past season Berlin handed Yellowknife their worst loss of the season 34-12, which was also only one of three games Yellowknife allowed at least 30 points in a game.  A similar instance occurred in Season 37 where the worst goddamn game this sim has ever seen occurred and Berlin won 7-3 off the back of several redzone mishaps for Yellowknife.  The biggest event however came in Season 38, where Berlin was actually good enough to be on playoff contention.  Yellowknife was 7-2 coming into Week 10 versus Berlin who had won three straight to get to 5-4.  This game ended with Berlin winning 31-25 in overtime, and marked a shift in Yellowknife’s season, who went 3-4 after starting 7-2.  Berlin on the other hand finished the season 8-2 after starting 2-4, with a six game winning streak.  Berlin won the NSFC through tiebreaker over Yellowknife.  This culminated in the NSFC Conference Final that was a complete comedy of errors.  10 turnovers, Dustin Parmalee three five pick, three of those in overtime, and the game ended in a chipshot field goal from Berlin to win the game and make the Ultimus.

Task 22: Prospect Scouting
KK Slider is a running back for the Dallas Birddogs, selected in the second round by the Berlin Fire Salamanders.  This marks the first running back drafted by Berlin since Rab TheCrab in Season 35.  The most apparent part of KK Slider’s skillset is his speed.  His north-south speed is some of the best in the DSFL.  He however lacks in agile footwork that allows him to use this speed bending outside or making tacklers miss.  His strength in running is limited too.  These two factors are best demonstrated in how he has been unable to get big runs, with only two carries over 20 yards.  His catching ability in the backfield or out wide is limited but has potential to be a massive offensive weapon.  His pass blocking is incredibly poor which limits his versatility and will likely require either a more disciplined offensive line ir a second running back for blocking duties.

Task 36: Affiliate Task (Username Atox)

RE: (S40) Offseason Task - Sebster - 02-19-2023

SHL Affiliate (+2.5 tpe)

SHL Affiliate: Sebster

34. New players join our teams every season, so which of those new players made the biggest impact on the field for your team? (+2.5 tpe)

Linebacker Loose Cannon was not only a new member on the London Royals last season, but will also be a new member on the London Royals next season! Cannon joined us as a trade deadline waiver, meaning that we only got him for the rest of the season then he would be joining the DSFL draft. Immediately you could feel his presence as the defense was uplifted and pumped up. You could also see this in the stat sheet, recording seven tackles against Norfolk, six tackles with one for a loss against Portland, and seven more tackles against Dallas. We were so impressed with how he carried himself both on and off the field that we decided to spend the third pick of the DSFL draft on him to make him an official London Royal. Here’s to hoping that his career can continue on its sharp upward trajectory in London!
Wc: 150

33. When looking at the teams we have in the ISFL and DSFL, is there any team you believe is in need of a major rebrand or update to their current branding? Why or why not? (+2.5 tpe)

I’m going to take this a step further and say that there is a team in both leagues that could use a rebrand, the Austin Copperheads and the Bondi Beach Buccaneers. Both of these teams, in my opinion, have a pretty bad combination of logo and color scheme that do not work well. To start with Austin, it is a tiny looking snake and the color combination is teal and brown, a combination not used much elsewhere that I can think of, for seemingly apparent reasons. Moving on to Bondi Beach, you can make a green and gold color scheme work (see the Packers in the NFL) but this is just too bright for my taste. That combined with Bondi Beach being a subpar location, again just in my opinion, led me to believe that this team deserves a nice rebrand. After polishing up both of these teams, I think the ISFL and the DSFL would be much better off and have a more appealing variety of teams.
Wc: 168

31. Make up an award for your player to win for something not on the football field. (+2.5 tpe)

Willier Miller just won the Willie moment of the year award. This moment is given to someone who has shown generosity through the community and is pinned on one of their biggest charitable moments throughout the year. Your name also has to include Willie in it to win the award. This year, Willier Miller won for his community water park day. On this day, he turned a whole community in London into a giant water park! There were slides built around the buildings, a wave pool set up down main street, and vendors working concession stands all around the city. The kids were able to get some ice cream and have fun on the slides while the adults of the neighborhood could relax poolside with a can of beer or a glass of wine. This gave everyone a nice break from the grind of reality and helped to improve the morale city wide.
Wc: 153