International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel (/showthread.php?tid=30346)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - xQCFamous - 03-07-2021

Honestly, the whole season for me was one big rollercoaster of stats that I was just not expecting to obtain. As a linebacker you never know what the stats are going to be like but you are usually relied upon to really make those big plays when needed. Chuggs lead the defensive rookies with 99 tackles, a 20 tackle difference compared to the opposing rookie players. While his other stats were not mindblowing, the biggest factor of all of this is that he performed how he did while being 30-40 tpe behind the other recruits due to missing out on off-season tasks and rookie tasks, etc that I could not do as a recreate. With all of this in mind, I am super happy with how the season went, unfortunate how it ended for us on one final game, but the team made it all worth it. Was really fun to watch the games and be in the moment and just share this experience the way we did, it's a once in a lifetime experience and the team made it the most memorable they could've ever made it.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Amulos - 03-07-2021

It's hard to believe the regular season will be coming to an end this week already! Write about your favorite highlights from the season so far. Did you or your teammate have a particularly great game? What happened that made it worthy of a highlight reel?

I feel like there is only one right answer for this question, and that has to be the record breaking Remus Roman game from later in the season. His performance was unreal, borderline broken, as he ran for 269 yards on FIVE carries and 3 TDs. He averaged more than half a football field, 53.8 yards per carry, on each touch. He carried the ball 50+ yards for a TD 3 times, and one more time he was stopped on the one, his shortest carry of the day being a 36 yard scamper to get them into the red zone. What was even crazier is that despite this absolutely insane performance, the game was close. This meant that his play could truly mean it sealed the win for his team. I think the biggest issue I had with it was that the sim decided "Hey, this guy is averaging half a football field with each carry, but you know what why not pass it for a 0 yard slant on downs 1-3." This game made me think there should be some sort of "hot-hand" system in place because he was tearing it up like no one else was while they were on the field. This to me really pushed him over the edge for Offensive Rookie of the Year for this season.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - ajtigger - 03-07-2021

For my player, the main highlight of the season came in what was an unfortunate loss to the Second Line in week 3 of the season. In the game, Crossley had 8 catches for 88 yards both of which were the current highs for the season thus far and for his career to that point. However, what would make the day special for Crossley was that he scored two separate touchdowns on the day. This marked Crossley's third multi-score game of his young career. The first Crossley touchdown was a 4-yard reception that was set up by a scintillating 45 yard reception by Hood earlier on the drive. It was the first score of the game and the only time the Cats held the lead on the day. Crossley's final score of the day came at the end of an impressive 95 yard drive orchestrated by the Sabercats offense. Crossley caught a beautifully placed pace from 14 yards out. Unfortunately for Crossley and the team, the game was long over by the point of this touchdown reception. While the result of the game was not what the team wanted, Crossley helped establish himself as a true receiving threat that day on the way to his first 1000 yard season. Crossley will look to build off of games like this as his ISFL career continues.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - shadyshoelace - 03-07-2021

In a season full of highs and lows for the Yellowknife Wraiths, one game stood out above the others as a highlight. In week 14, with a spot in the playoff hunt on the line, the Wraiths traveled to sunny San Jose to face off against the SaberCats in another installment of the Jack-Off duel between Colby and Monty Jack. The two teams were relatively evenly matched from the start, with boys from Canada taking a seven point lead into the half, 17-10. The SaberCats quickly knotted things up on a touchdown pass to Tychondrius Hood in the third quarter, while Zee Rechs scored just before the end of the frame to carry the one score lead into the final quarter. Within minutes, the tide had turned as San Jose's star running back Jamar Lackson broke off a pair of touchdowns on the next two drives, with the second being an explosive 73 yard play. Yellowknife regained possession staring down a seven point deficit with roughly six minutes to play. Colby led the offense down the field with precision, completing the tying 31 yard pass to Kai Sakura with three minutes to go and setting up what appeared to be one final drive for San Jose. Score, and they win. Fail to score, and at least the clock will run out and take us to overtime.

Not so fast, my friend. After a promising drive, Mack Arianlacker sacked Monty Jack to set up a 4th and 17 situation, prompting San Jose to trot out kicker Matty McDairmid for a makeable 48 yard field goal attempt with under a minute left on the clock. No good. 24 seconds remaining on the clock, Wraiths ball. Colby completes a first down strike to Dre Matthews, but there's no time left. They'll have to bring out Blago Kokot for a desperation, literally last second 63 yard attempt. The ball flies down the field, and against all odds finds its way through the uprights.

Wraiths win.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - ForSucksFake - 03-07-2021

I think the first time I really was wow'd by an individual game this season was week 2. Baby Yoda went off on the Liberty and set (at the time) the ISFL record for rushing yards with 280. A big chunk of it was one play where he ran the ball for 64 yards. I just remember thinking "man, this guy's going to be the MVP and Chicago is going to the Ultimus." Baby Yoda still had a fine season and the Butchers once again couldn't make it to the Ultimus. But that second game of the season just had me really excited about Yoda and our team. We needed that performance, too. This game was not a blowout. I think a lot of people overvalue a huge statistical performance without looking at the context of the game. If Yoda doesn't play the way that he did, I don't know if Chicago beats Philadelphia that day. He ran the ball 20 times so it's not like he was being driven into the ground. He was highly efficient, averaging 14 yards per carry, which is also an underlooked stat. Sure a guy could get 300 yards but nobody really cares that it took him 50 carries. Yoda was just a beast that day and it was a wonderful game to be apart of.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - ilmari07 - 03-07-2021

Every player cherishes his first big play of his pro career, and so does Dallas Birddogs DT Beefcake Johnson. When asked what was the most highlight-reel worthy play of the season, he answered, "oh, definitely my forced fumble in week 4 against the Grey Ducks. Fourth Quarter, game on the line, their star running back gets it in our red zone, BOOM! I shed the block, and lit him up! He probably doesn't even remember the play, that's how hard I hit him. Anyway, game over, we win, we celebrate together, onto the next one." Well, there were still 6 minutes on the clock, Johnson actually punched the ball out instead of hitting the ballcarrier, who wasn't Grey Ducks superstar Madison Hayes, but rookie Fullback Tom Adamo on his only carry of the game, and the Birddogs didn't recover the ball (Minnesota would go on to kick a field goal), and Johnson stumbled over his own feet and fell face-first to the ground when trying to recover the ball, but it appears that the asking reporter didn't dare to correct the 330-pound rookie. His team would still win a close game, and Johnson contributed with 5 tackles and said forced fumble, so it's still probably fair to call this Johnson's highlight of his young career.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Tomasnz - 03-07-2021

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114317&pid=2998710#pid2998710

sHL affiliate

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - 37thchamber - 03-07-2021

It's difficult to overlook a pivotal moment in Raphael Delacour's season. It wasn't pivotal for the Yeti -- arguably the opposite, actually, coming in their fifth straight win, to arrest the slump following a 1-3 start to the season -- but it was the drive on which Delacour scored his first touchdown in professional ball. In two and a half years, he had failed to reach the endzone with the pigskin in hand, through over thirty games spread across three teams.

The drive started with a three-and-out from the Silverbacks near their own goal line. Howitzer failed to find Kingston, before Snyder was stopped for five yards, and Rogers was only able to gain a single yard on third and four. The punt from Smalls was a relatively short one -- perhaps affected by pressure from the Yeti special teams unit -- only reaching mid-field or thereabouts. A fourteen yard return put Colorado within field goal range from the start of the drive.

A rush from Gilbert was something of a non-starter, gaining just one yard, but Caliban found Christiansen for ten and a first down on the next play. Gilbert again attempted the rush, with the same result, leaving the Yeti on the 22 yard line. A false start penalty pushed them back to 27, but with three downs to go -- two if they were gonna go for the field goal.

Next play, Caliban dropped back and watched his receivers run their routes. Delacour headed outside, and with an assist from rookie tight end Frank Michell, picked up a huge block, making the catch around the 22 and turned on the afterburners, streaking away and into the end zone. Delacour's first career touchdown, and putting the Yeti eleven up on the night. Delacour would haul in another touchdown later, and the Yeti would go on to win 27-16.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - PMoney - 03-07-2021

For this highlight game of S27, we’ve got to go all the way back to Week 2 where the Yellowknife Wraiths hosted the Sarasota Sailfish. Yellowknife got off to a rough start in Week 1 with a tough loss in Chicago and at the start of this game it looked like their woes would continue. Sarasota came out of the blocks firing and dominated the first half, running out to a 23-0 lead at the half. The first highlight play that changed the game came just 90 seconds in the second half as Acura Skyline was given the ball on 1st and 10 and broke off a 63 yard TD!

This changed the tide of the game as Yellowknife would stop the next 2 Sarasota drives without points and score again on their next 2 to make it a closer game at 23-17 going into the 4th quarter. While a Sarasota FG made it a 2-score game again, Colby Jack proceeded to chuck bombs to move the team down the field resulting in a 1-yard punch in from Skyline again and the second big highlight play was a last-minute acrobatic grab in the end-zone from new signing Dre Matthews to seal the game for Yellowknife. Matthews proved his value in the offseason trade for him by immediately making a game winning play and getting Yellowknife back into winning ways.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Cody - 03-07-2021

Jake Fencik 6 Field Goals vs Sarasota in Week 11

[Image: Jis9Glj.png]