International Simulation Football League
(S28) PT 3 - What If? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S28) PT 3 - What If? (/showthread.php?tid=31363)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: (S28) PT 3 - What If? - Daybe - 04-18-2021

What if Jackson Kingston was not a New York Silverback? Well, this is an interesting question to consider. Here are the possible alternatives Kingston would have, besides the Silverbacks:

COL Colorado Yeti COL

In the case Kingston did not get selected in the expansion draft, Jackson Kingston could find himself still on the Colorado Yeti. However, for this scenario, current Yeti William Lim would most likely have to be on another team, since Kingston would refuse to play WR2 in the prime of his career. Kingston and Lim are similar players so it would be reasonable to expect a similar stat output from the two.

BER Berlin Fire Salamanders BER

In the case that the Berlin Fire Salamanders selected Jackson Kingston in the expansion draft over the Silverbacks, Kingston would stand as Fire Salamanders WR1. In this scenario, the Fire Salamanders would likely move one of Achtfunf or Cmon Skiuup. Kingston would perhaps see a decline in career stats compared to what he has now.

Wild card - FA

In the scenario that the Yeti kept Kingston through the expansion draft and kept Lim, Kingston would likely hit free agency following his rookie contract. From here, who knows where he would go - Kingston would prefer a destination that would offer him the best possibility at stats, however.

RE: (S28) PT 3 - What If? - allbetsonjames - 04-18-2021

What if huh...what if, well lets see. I have not been here for too long so I will try to base it off what I have been around for. What if I did not go number 2 overall in the rookie draft. Well I will tell you. Someone else would have gotten the most dominant rookie linebacker of the draft. Leading the league in Tackles is not a joke. And I put everyone on notice before the draft even happened on what I would do for the team that picked me. However, not to sour my number two pick, and I am having a great time in Bondi Beach, but I will admit that they were not my top choice in the draft they were up there so I am still glad to have gotten picked by them. My original top choice was Tijuana. So my what if is I think that I would have been there in place of Muerto which in the long run would only take 6 points off of their total points scored since they have not had many touchdowns this season, but in the long run would have added an excessive force on defense that has racked up and potentially added 60+ more stops for the defense which in turn could have it so they do not give up more points than they score, and potentially more wins. It would have been fun in that team I believe, I enjoyed Kotasa when I was scouted by them, but I definitely wish all teams the best and looking forward to continue my time here in Bondi Beach

RE: (S28) PT 3 - What If? - Jo3fish5 - 04-18-2021

Ah, this point task really brings back the memories. Back in the day when my player was young, I was drafted to the Arizona Outlaws in the second round, at 19 overall. Not long after that, expansion took over the league, and I was left unprotected by my GMs, which was kind of surprising. They reached to pick the first running back in the draft, then didn't even protect him when given the chance. Ever since then, Arizona's been in and out of running backs. Baby Yoda left around that time, so they had Gunner Thorbjornssen switch from the wide receiver position to running back. Then they drafted running back Darren Pama, after Bronko Mills. Pama spent some time as a backup before position switching to become a wide receiver to fill the position left by Thorbjornssen, and to make room for star free-agent acquisition Tatsu Nakamura, who left the Orange County Otters. All these moves, all these shifts could have been prevented if they had just protected that running back they drafted in season 23. So enough about me, where would other players currently be? Most likely Thorbjornssen and Pama wouldn't have had to position swap, so Thorbjornssen would still be a wide receiver and Pama would still be a running back. As for Nakamura, He'd probably be exactly where I am now, leading a much more run-focused Berlin Fire Salamanders into a playoff push.

RE: (S28) PT 3 - What If? - moonlight - 04-18-2021

So I think one of the moves that really affected the course of ISFL history was probably the S15 draft. As we all know, the S15 draft was one of the greatest drafts of all time, with many great players selected. A certain player by the name of Franklin Armstrong was one of those players. This young buck was a 1 time Ultimini Champ, had won a Most Valuable Player Award, Quarterback of the Year Awards, had won a bunch of games, set passing records etc and was considered one of the premier QBs of the S15 class. He was mocked to the first round, and as early as the 2nd overall pick to the New Orleans Second Line. He was passed twice by that franchise until he was picked up in the top of the 3rd round by the Orange County Otters. He of course ended up being one of the best QBs in ISFL history. You have to wonder what would have happened if he was drafted to the Secondline? Would he have been given as much free reign as he was given by the Otters franchise? Would he have been the Franklin Armstrong we know today? Would the Otters have added three more championships without him? It's an interesting question.

Code:
213 words

RE: (S28) PT 3 - What If? - RedArrow12c - 04-18-2021

If I had to pick one singular moment to define the ISFL as a whole, I would select one of two moments, and both of these two moments in particular involve the same person. Well, by same person, I mean they involve the same user, with technically two different players. The first defining moment in the history of the ISFL is when Red Arrow decided to hang up his old football cleats and call it quits, when he retired from ISFL after a long and storied career that included a great championship win with the Colorado Yetis. If I had to pick a second moment to truly define the ISFL, I would chose the moment Red Arrow Jr. stepped foot not othe football field. While his career is not done, and it is not even close to truly being started, I think it is very obvious that he is going to be a legendary player and one of the greatest players of all time. He has all of the pieces.

RE: (S28) PT 3 - What If? - mithrandir - 04-18-2021

The S24 ISFL Draft did not get off to a good start for the New Orleans Second Line. What if had gone differently? Going into the draft, New Orleans planned on a defense-heavy draft to begin replacing aging players such as Xavien Howard, Brave Ulysses, and Ben Tu’inukuafe. The previous season, they had only had eleven defensive players on their roster, including only two linebackers. They ended up selecting a safety and a linebacker with their first and second round selections. It just so happened that safety Maverick Bowie and linebacker Adam Schell were in this draft, two of my closest friends and players I had drafted to the Tijuana Luchadores. Unfortunately, Bowie (user @Tonzy) went at pick five overall to Baltimore, and we instead drafted safety Quentin Button from the Norfolk Seawolves with the seventh overall pick. Button ended up going IA before being cut and signed by Berlin. He currently sits at 410 TPE, whereas Bowie has 1125 TPE and is one of the best users in the league. In the second round, NOLA passed on linebacker Adam Schell, user @Cincyfan96 (my best friend in real life) and selected linebacker Busch Light instead at pick 17 overall. Busch Light has been inactive for three months and sits at 705 TPE, whereas Schell is quietly up to 1089 TPE. Thankfully, NOLA snagged a couple steals later in the draft in Azarius Ranger and LeBong Simwell. But if we had managed to draft both Bowie and Schell as well, not only would I have been able to be on a team with two of my close friends, but perhaps their additional 1095 TPE over Button and Light could have contributed in our two Ultimus losses the last two seasons which saw our defense get torched. With Bowie and Schell added to what was an already dominant defense in S26, we might have steamrolled the Wraiths and Sailfish in consecutive years and created a bit of a dynasty.