International Simulation Football League
(S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International (/showthread.php?tid=47024)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - MouseMazing - 08-20-2023

In the offseason, Aaron Jager had the incredible opportunity to travel to Germany, a country where football is gaining popularity recently. As a representative of the Orange County Otters, he embarked on his journey to contribute to the globally growth of the sport and to share his experiences with his fellow enthusiasts.

Upon arriving in Germany, he was warmly greeted by eager football coaches, players, and fans who were all enthusiastic about what they could from Jager. The workshop he led aimed to provide insights into various aspects of football from the point of view of a pro, including strategy,tactics,and skill development (staying up on point tasks!).

During the workshop, the group engaged in activities and drills to enhance their fundamental skills. The participants, made up mostly of young aspiring players delighted in the opportunity to learn from a pro and many promised Jager they would play against him in the ISFL one day.

152w

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - Fronk - 08-20-2023

Sarasota cornerback, Fronky Fresh recently ventured to the remote country of Canada with a noble mission – to conduct an impactful football/rap clinic that would introduce the intricacies and lyrical flow that football can bring to an eager audience abroad.
The clinic, a collaborative effort between Fronky Fresh and local maple syrup companies, proved to be a vibrant exchange of ball-hawking knowledge and rap culture. Through a series of meticulously designed activities, Fronky Fresh adeptly guided participants through the fundamentals of football, sharing insights into techniques, strategies, and the ethos of the game.
Beyond the realm of sports, Fronky Fresh facilitated open rap battles that transcended cultural boundaries. These interactions allowed participants to learn not only about the sport itself but also about one another's backgrounds and experiences. The result was a remarkable atmosphere of camaraderie, highlighting the lyrical language of sports as a means to foster connections between diverse communities.

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - Hydrium - 08-20-2023

With the game of football expanding across the globe, nations consistently beckon the Norfolk Seawolves for workshops to enhance their proficiency. In the off season, I as the GM of the Norfolk Seawolves embarked on such a journey. The destination? Brazil, a nation fervently devoted to football. Touching down (lol get it?), I was greeted by an undeniable passion for the sport. As a GM of the Seawolves, my task was clear, lead a skill refining workshop. The reception was heartening, the community's desire to learn and improve palpable.
The workshop began with a comprehensive presentation on footballs evolution and strategic intricacies. This laid the groundwork for practical sessions. Teamwork, positioning, and communication were scrutinized, met with participants' unyielding zest for improvement.
What stood out was their unity and commitment despite limited resources. Their fervor was infectious as they soaked up knowledge. The workshop's end uncovered a mutual exchange, I shared insights, while their fervent spirit left a lasting mark.

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - ComebackZak - 08-20-2023

Quote:Written option: With the growth of the game of football across the world, some countries keep calling your team to go there for a workshop, to help them be better at the game. Your team decides to send you in the offseason to travel there. With the offseason now over, tell us your experience! What country did you end up travelling to? What did they do when you reached there to help direct a workshop?

The Chicago Butchers decided to send Frank Dux to Australia to run a camp to enrich the country (and several cities on a tour) and teach more about football and the subtle differences and similarities between it and rugby. Naturally, this is a great attempt at bringing another country into the recruiting/scouting fold for not only my team, the Chicago Butchers, but also as a positive representation of the International Simulation Football League. During these camps, Frank Dux went in depth in a running back camp and even hosted some top rugby players to draw a larger crowd and have fun with it. Frank explained the rules of football, showed examples, and highlights from this past season of his and around the league. After those events, the kids would then run drills at each workshop to actively participate. After each camp, Dux would provide each city money from the International Simulation Football League to establish children's flag football leagues to grow the game.

Code:
164 words

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - Dustillation - 08-20-2023

Because of the famous Aaron Rodgers doppleganger, the country of Germany has grown quite fond of American football. Gates and many other members of the Yeti went to the great country of Germany in a little town call Darmstadt where they put on a bit of a coaching clinic to show the anxious people of the area some of the nuances of the game. People of all ages from 8 up to 28 were there to see what it's like to see the game through the eyes of professionals. There was a film analysis and coaching tutorial for those interested in coaching and training in the future. Wolfie McDummy Jr being the team QB had a lot of enthusiasm with his group drills since he is coming of an outstanding rookie season is at a popular position. He was explaining drop backs and reads and pre-snap analysis to the young ones. Meanwhile Gates had lead some defensive drills such as back pedaling, reading the QB's eyes, tackling fundamentals. Overall, a fun time was had by Colorado and their new Deutsch friends.

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - Jumbo - 08-20-2023

So New York has done a workshop for several overseas programs trying to build up the football in their respective city and country. So it only seemed fitting that we went there to do a workshop. Loose Cannon volunteered to go to Australia to help get some more workshops going. Australia is known for their love of Rugby. So it is only fitting to go there to see if any of these physical specimens would love to put on a helmet and play some American football. When I got there I was overwhelmed by the support that I received. I honestly did not think that that many people would be interested in learning about football just because Rugby is so popular. But I was quickly bombarded with questions. Anything ranging from what type of training goes in, what kind of diet works, and even just what are the rules. And they were genuinely eager to learn more.  So it just made my workshop that much more enjoyable. 

-167 words

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - sathona - 08-20-2023

SHL Affiliate (username sköldpaddor)

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - Rufio_NZ - 08-20-2023

Eli Prince is returning to New Zealand to learn some of the fundamentals of ball management and security as well as smart and controlled management of taking hits. Eli was told to go overseas and find some experience we can't provide at NOLA so he took his talent back to New Zealand for the off-season. Here he went back through some training drills on avoiding hits, his continuous endurance, ball handling skills and even worked in some lateral plays to train on. One massive aspect Eli would like to introduce into NFL is the lateral ball movement. The risk associated is obviously quite high and the ball itself is less grippy than the NFL one but the reward can be massive, the downsides are the grounding rules where play can cease unlike in rugby. All of this combined added together to really train Eli in areas he was not receiving back in the STates. He looks to take this newly found skillset and adopt it into his playstyle with NOLA and push for higher heights.

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - AK41 - 08-20-2023

As a team, the Colorado Yeti decided to travel to Brazil to tech and coach about the sport of American football. As part of this international excursion, my teammates and are are able to work with students across the country to hone in their skills and understanding of the game of American football. With their national sport being soccer, and being used to the rules and regulations that come with it, they have lots of learn in order to continue growing in their pursuit of competition. Luckily for our new students the game of soccer and football have many similarities, between the footwork, need for speed and agility, and the intangible athletic skills needed to succeed, they had a great athletic basis for the building blocks of football. While the week we were traveling abroad to teach the game we love was exhausting and hard to say the least, it was much more rewarding than anything when we could see the smiles on these kids faces when learning their new sport.

Code:
171 Words

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - dogwoodmaple - 08-20-2023

The Dallas Birddogs sent me to Paris to see about planting the seeds for a French ISFL team in the near future.  Luckily, there’s already a major football presence in Europe so there’s a built-in fanbase and rabid sense of excitement about expanding to the European continent.  My main role was that of fundraising, gladhanding, and meeting with potential investors, general managers, and coaches.  The idea being that if we are going to do this properly, there has to be a rock solid infrastructure to develop this into a fully fledged opportunity for the people of Paris.  We’re also looking at this as a potential growth point in branching out to other countries in Europe as well as an eventual foothold into Asia.  If we can build a franchise in Paris that is supported by fans, has a legitimate head coach, and all of the funding and resources necessary, we could be building something truly special for the future.  If I did my job right, we could be looking at a fully global ISFL in no time

177 words