International Simulation Football League
(S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal (/showthread.php?tid=28032)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - katarn22 - 12-06-2020

Season 25 was a successful, yet disappointing one, both for the Colorado Yeti and for Albert Ruschmann. Falling short in the Ultimus against the San Jose Sabercats for the second season in a row was a tough pill to swallow. Additionally, Ruschmann's on-field performance showed significant declines when juxtaposed with his DSFL performance. That is why this off-season, he has vowed to be better. To be a better team member both on and off the field. To put in those extra reps, to watch those extra hours of film every week. These small measures are in Ruschmann's control, and thus he will take every opportunity he can to be a better player.

Taking a look at the Yeti, there are a few new faces, but the team is largely the same from last season. Greedy Sly has made the incredible transition from the secondary to the offensive line. While some free agents have departed, either for retirement or for new teams, the Yeti have added key free agents like Big Edd and Randy Vuxta to the defensive side of the ball. Unfortunately on the offensive side of the ball, longtime starting quarterback Wolfie McDummy has retired. Taking his place is ISFL rookie Matathias Caliban, a promising prospect who will allow the Yeti offense not to miss a step. Look for the Yeti to make another strong playoff push this season.

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - Moosecop - 12-06-2020

PBE PT

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - sve7en - 12-06-2020

SHL Affiliate: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=112420&pid=2948083#pid2948083

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - White Cornerback - 12-06-2020

Written Option: The offseason is a time of change. Tell us what has changed for your player or for your team since you last took the field. Are you loaded up with new weapons or a large cast of rookies? Has your player improved, or are they currently in the throes of regression? How do you think this season will play out differently than ones before?

I left the austin copperheads and am now onto the baltimore hawks in the final chapter of my ISFL career ever. I made the decision to leave Austin in order to secure my future playing well into my 13th and final season, a feat that isn't realistically possible with nearly every position, especially as a cornerback. I would've liked to have retired in Austin but not more than I would've liked to have swallowed the pill of prematurely retiring without riding out this character for the full 13 possible seasons before I leave the site and sim leagues for good.

It doesn't sit right with me to bother building up the player to retire early when you couldve got more out of him in the long term.
I'm already the greatest returner of all time and will just pad my stats to finish my career. My guy as a defensive back is the most bipolar player in the entire league so I don't have much hope for him to play well in his final three seasons and so far it seems that mood is right.

I'm already deep in regression but it looks like my position is set so all I can do is keep earning until I leave the site for good.

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - timeconsumer - 12-06-2020

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=16164&st=165&#entry249642

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - TheRocheLimit - 12-06-2020

This is going to be a big year for the New York Silverbacks. The team already had a ton of young talent and the team added even more during the offseason. Adding Captain Rogers gives this team the best one-two punch in the league at running back with Ashley Owens. The passing game should also be greatly improved with another year of Sam Howitzer and Jackson Kingston building a rapport. Overall the offense of the Silverbacks should be trending up for many, many seasons.

On the other side of the ball New York is poised for a breakout. Returning players Hank Winchester, Dukburg Quakstack, Jack Banks, Bob Roberts, and Bubba Thumper look to build on a promising inaugural season. The team also drafted stud safety Dogwood Maple in the first round and made him an immediate call up. Power rushing defensive end Makoto Otawara was selected in the second round and should provide help on the defensive line as early as next season.

And, as always, let's not forget kicker extraordinaire Dougie Smalls.

And anyone can easily see, the New York Silverbacks are poised to make a leap this season, And, probably even more importantly, the team is set up to have a sustained run of success. It should be an exciting era for New York!

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - Acsolap - 12-06-2020

Shl affiliation

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - SomeSay... - 12-06-2020

Lots of changed has seem to happen over the offseason for everyone. Lots of QBs coming and some going, some on-farewell tours and some on welcome to the league tours. For Krause, not much has changed, continuing to improve and work on getting better over the off season and every day in practice. Settling down nicely in Berlin, looking forward to another shut down CB season. Although, the INTs do not show the whole story, his performance has been solid. With only one more season left on his deal though and regression vastly approaching, the numbers really need to show. Berlin should be coming into their own. Lots and lots of young guys are hitting their prime. Kapercolin is settling in now at QB and motivation is high. We all know we just must put things together and have a little luck. But will that happen? It remains to be seen. The defense is lacking in a few places but overall we have some solid pieces in place so we look to make a change and hope to keep the points allowed low. And the offense cohesiveness will be high as they are coming into their second season as a unit and we hope to see much greater production from Kapercolin and Joe.

213 words

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - run_CMC - 12-06-2020

Ashley Owens should, in theory, be slowing down as father time strengthens its grip on him. However, last season proved that even physical regression can't, at least in the immediate future, match Ashley's intensive training regimen and dedication to greatness. Owens comes off a record shattering season in which he took home Offensive Player of the Year and was an MVP candidate. And all that with a brand new team! Now moving into his second season with the New York Silverbacks, though regression has knocked him down a notch, Owens hopes to replicate his success, and turn into further team success. This is quite feasible thanks to some offseason moves by the team. Firstly, a number of young rookies are being called up to the big leagues. Secondly, The Silverbacks backfield is now ready with a 1-2 punch! Buster Bawlls remains good as ever, but now the Silverbacks have brought in free agent running back Captain Rogers. Though Owens will certainly lose some touches, he'll also be more rested not having to pound the rock himself each and every play. All in all, Owens and the Silverbacks are primed to improve on last year's performance. While the individual performance may not be quite as good, expect a better record for this team on the rise!

(215 words)

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - negs - 12-06-2020

Since my player last took the field, this offseason has been wild. First of all, since my experience in the playoffs I have wanted to feel that again all offseason and I have been training more than ever before. I have also was preparing for the ISFL draft all offseason. With the 8th pick in the draft I was selected by the Philadelphia Liberty. As a first round pick my drive has been even stronger and I am more motivated to prove them right. I am still playing for the Grey Ducks though, and the team around me has changed a lot. Our star safety Damian Blackfyre got called up and so did our top running back. However, our front office did a great job in the draft. We picked up the top RB in the class, Madison Hayes and a great 2nd option in Rocco. Also, we bolstered our secondary with the addition of Captain John Price who I am close with. We drafted DLine in Griff and two future all star wide receivers in Kmatt and Mike Hunt. I am excited for the future with the Ducks. There is a lot of change, but most for the better. I expect to be at the end with these guys and nothing less.