International Simulation Football League
Retrospace111, a retrospective. - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Retrospace111, a retrospective. (/showthread.php?tid=33137)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Retrospace111, a retrospective. - tMuse - 06-29-2021

this is the funniest shit i've seen happen in this league! I need more of that zamir storyline

RE: Retrospace111, a retrospective. - AdamS - 06-29-2021

(06-29-2021, 01:04 AM)DeadlyPlayer Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 12:46 AM)Air Crou Wrote:
(06-28-2021, 10:19 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:
(06-28-2021, 08:20 PM)Oles Wrote: Man HO is not looking great these past couple weeks or so, first the predictions scandal in which they could have made sure it didn't happen (and the punishment that ensued which was also bad), to now a multi outright claiming that they could just go and check his IP and see that he was Zamir all along.

They used to have someone on the payroll to prevent these kind of things ... but he got pushed out

Sometimes coming straight to the public instead of hinting at stuff with passive-aggressive statements helps more. That being said, if you have someone to call out on their shit, do it. The fact this is a sim league doesn't mean we can sweep things under the rug. If the person you are hinting at is yourself, go clean. It's not pointing fingers, it's directing attention to the problem and offering solution. If yo ubeing pushed to the side led to the multi being undiscovered, SPEAK THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT! And I am not saying all this with due respect. I am saying this because of the respect I got for you. And passive-aggressiveness ain't it, especially now, on something that may drive people away.
do you hear yourself speak....................................

yes

and in multiple languages as well

but to translate for you

ahem..here we go...this is a dramatization based on a true story....no animals were harmed in the makings of this film

Oles: Ho has sucked lately. Remember when they let a guy they banned sneak back in and join HO right after a DSFL HO member stole TPE and money from the league?

SLM: Back in my day we used to have a fixer for this sort of thing. Somebody we could call who'd take care of it. But....management decided not to have that anymore.

Crou: Listen bub. We don't really get along. So you know when I say I respect your opinion I'm not blowing smoke up your ass. SO if you say there was a person and it was you...then just say that. Don't hint at it. Tell us the whole thing.

You: I has a confused.

Me (to HO): You know this would be a good time to lean into the humor and just kind of embrace the silliness of it all.

HO: No, the entire user base act like stupid dickheads whenever we try to use humor.

Real HO: That's not at all how I said that.

Ramiz: Hello, I am brand new player. I would like to be in HO.

Cross Boys: We can vouch for this guy.

Yeti: We have signed a new free agent!!!

TomHanks: Okay but the balls thing was actually pretty funny.

Beaver: I'm here for the memes.

Jeff: Does anyone want edited screenshots?

Me (to Tom): Yea there's like a whole person who took it so seriously that they're not even talking to me anymore.

Oles: I'm pretty sure this is EFL's fault.

Buccaneers: We're relocating to Huntington Beach at the end of the season.

Tesla: I was just trying to create a fun event.

Kolbe: And another thing about the NAACP......

37th: I can't believe I literally paid the bulls for this league for two years.

Van: Zamir never drafted me either so fuck that guy.

Anonymous member of HO: I can't believe I once thought that every person should only be allowed to have one job. This league would die in like a week.

Jiggly: I have a new album out.

Evok: NO.

Glims: He could've like single-handedly ended world hunger in the minutes per day it took you to pull this off.

Oles: So my knees are tired because of the EFL right? Is that what he meant? Fucking EFL.

Infinite: Go microwave some lettuce.

Random People: And fuck the Birddogs!

TLK: The Hammerheads can still win this.

I genuinely forget Who this person was: Remember how I got screwed out of that recruitment TPE?

Er: Creates 3 OL players.

RE: Retrospace111, a retrospective. - Memento Mori - 06-29-2021

I'm not even mad about this. I was sure this account was a multi but I didn't think you were you. You made the Noble mistake of dropping a big article not long after signing up in which you understood the quirks/meta of the league in a way new users never do. It was kind of an open secret in both the war rooms I was in that you were a multi (hence why I didn't scout or share a LR with you as excelsior), but after your drafts I kinda lost interest in working out who you are. I remember you seeming familiar with me despite me not remembering us having spoken? Which makes more sense now, and it's nice to finally know what happened with that draft.

This perfectly encapsulates what I always found frustrating about you: you're perfectly capable of being a first round selection-level user and winning user awards, but found it more fun to antagonise people. I always found myself defending you because I saw how much you helped the other rookies in that S22 DB chat. When you were in the draft and a free agent, I told scouts (as a prospect) and the war room (as a player/GM) that you were actually a nice guy, but that signing or drafting you was a bad idea regardless.

I'm kinda curious about what your motivation for all of this was because I don't understand it (see the part about me finding you frustrating above), so DM me sometime if you want.

RE: Retrospace111, a retrospective. - Air Crou - 06-29-2021

(06-29-2021, 05:33 AM)AdamS Wrote:
(06-28-2021, 08:20 PM)Oles Wrote: Man HO is not looking great these past couple weeks or so, first the predictions scandal in which they could have made sure it didn't happen (and the punishment that ensued which was also bad), to now a multi outright claiming that they could just go and check his IP and see that he was Zamir all along.

They used to have someone on the payroll to prevent these kind of things ... but he got pushed out

Sometimes coming straight to the public instead of hinting at stuff with passive-aggressive statements helps more. That being said, if you have someone to call out on their shit, do it. The fact this is a sim league doesn't mean we can sweep things under the rug. If the person you are hinting at is yourself, go clean. It's not pointing fingers, it's directing attention to the problem and offering solution. If yo ubeing pushed to the side led to the multi being undiscovered, SPEAK THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT! And I am not saying all this with due respect. I am saying this because of the respect I got for you. And passive-aggressiveness ain't it, especially now, on something that may drive people away.

yes

and in multiple languages as well

but to translate for you

ahem..here we go...this is a dramatization based on a true story....no animals were harmed in the makings of this film

Oles: Ho has sucked lately. Remember when they let a guy they banned sneak back in and join HO right after a DSFL HO member stole TPE and money from the league?

SLM: Back in my day we used to have a fixer for this sort of thing. Somebody we could call who'd take care of it. But....management decided not to have that anymore.

Crou: Listen bub. We don't really get along. So you know when I say I respect your opinion I'm not blowing smoke up your ass. SO if you say there was a person and it was you...then just say that. Don't hint at it. Tell us the whole thing.

You: I has a confused.

Me (to HO): You know this would be a good time to lean into the humor and just kind of embrace the silliness of it all.

HO: No, the entire user base act like stupid dickheads whenever we try to use humor.

Real HO: That's not at all how I said that.

Ramiz: Hello, I am brand new player. I would like to be in HO.

Cross Boys: We can vouch for this guy.

Yeti: We have signed a new free agent!!!

TomHanks: Okay but the balls thing was actually pretty funny.

Beaver: I'm here for the memes.

Jeff: Does anyone want edited screenshots?

Me (to Tom): Yea there's like a whole person who took it so seriously that they're not even talking to me anymore.

Oles: I'm pretty sure this is EFL's fault.

Buccaneers: We're relocating to Huntington Beach at the end of the season.

Tesla: I was just trying to create a fun event.

Kolbe: And another thing about the NAACP......

37th: I can't believe I literally paid the bulls for this league for two years.

Anonymous member of HO: I can't believe I once thought that every person should only be allowed to have one job. This league would die in like a week.

Jiggly: I have a new album out.

Evok: NO.

Glims: He could've like single-handedly ended world hunger in the minutes per day it took you to pull this off.

Oles: So my knees are tired because of the EFL right? Is that what he meant? Fucking EFL.

Infinite: Go microwave some lettuce.

Random People: And fuck the Birddogs!

TLK: The Hammerheads can still win this.

I genuinely forget Who this person was: Remember how I got screwed out of that recruitment TPE?

Er: Creates 3 OL players.

Ok this was funny. And it is not a matter of whether slm and I get along. It is him HINTING that there was someone was in charge of tracking multies down, and that someone was him. But that is the problem. He is HINTING. And, considering that the only interactions between me and him have been positive, except for werewolf, I have so much respect for him to not let him know how I feel. And let's not forget he is one of the longest tenured members of the league.

RE: Retrospace111, a retrospective. - bovovovo - 06-29-2021

This never would have happened if I were still HO smh

RE: Retrospace111, a retrospective. - C9Van - 06-29-2021

(06-29-2021, 05:33 AM)AdamS Wrote:

Fuck, that is creepily accurate :think:

RE: Retrospace111, a retrospective. - Southie - 06-29-2021

(06-29-2021, 03:03 AM)SwankyPants31 Wrote: Who could have imagined that the guy making jokes about sexual assault on Twitter was a multi of the guy who made sexual assault jokes in a locker room??

Cry more.

RE: Retrospace111, a retrospective. - slothfacekilla - 06-29-2021

(06-29-2021, 10:38 AM)Southie Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 03:03 AM)SwankyPants31 Wrote: Who could have imagined that the guy making jokes about sexual assault on Twitter was a multi of the guy who made sexual assault jokes in a locker room??

Cry more.

This you? https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=15938&view=findpost&p=242596

RE: Retrospace111, a retrospective. - Big Edd - 06-29-2021

(06-29-2021, 11:17 AM)slothfacekilla Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 10:38 AM)Southie Wrote:

Cry more.

This you? https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=15938&view=findpost&p=242596
911 I just witnessed a murder

RE: Retrospace111, a retrospective. - Starboy - 06-29-2021

Goodbye ISFL

Hey guys, just wanted to thank you all for the great memories that we've shared during my time as a zamir multi, Unfortunately, I just recently lost my virginity and I am therefore no longer qualified to be a fan of this I will miss this community