International Simulation Football League
PTs / TPE gains - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: PTs / TPE gains (/showthread.php?tid=1129)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

PTs / TPE gains - Kendrick - 06-09-2017

Good discussion!

PTs / TPE gains - Molarpistols - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 11:57 AM)Ballerstorm Wrote:I'm ok handing out TPE for participation of any PT, that can change.

What would you like to change about training? Worth more? Cost less? I don't want to hand out too much tpe every season and then have to change the update scale or pull back the TPE handed out in the future.

Should media be worth more money? If your contract isn't covering enough cost for training that could also be a potential solution. I'm open to discussing what you guys think here.

This is my first sim league, so I don't really have any comparisons as to how it could work, but I think participation TPE would be a good idea for PTs.

I put a solid hour or so into researching prospects and stuff for the mock draft one, and earned 1 TPE on a lucky guess on a 2nd rounder. It doesn't have to be a ton, but it was a little disheartening to bust my ass for 1 TPE and watch all the GMs get 4 because they had already talked and had more ideas what was actually going to happen on draft night. I get that GMs should have some perks because they are putting in a lot of hard work too, but it's just how I felt at the time.

For some of the easier point tasks, participation TPE might not be required. The Week One Predictions for example, can be done in 20 seconds. It would be kind of silly to reward much participation TPE for something that easy.

I don't know how realistic it is, but a lot of the recent Point Tasks have been related to lucky guesses (Mock Draft, Preseason Leaders, etc). Is it possible to do more Point Tasks like the draft profile? 200 word minimum is fairly easy to achieve and the 3 TPE payout was quite nice.

As for the trainings, I think they may be in a pretty good spot, with some tweaks that could be done to be better. I can dig not wanting too much of a power creep in the game, where we get too good too fast. I can also see the training being a little on the spendy side as it is right now. A lot of our player contracts seem to be in the 1-3 million range, which will buy 1-3 weekly trainings, leaving 2 weeks per season you have to earn yourself.

Personally, I find it easy to write a novel about little things (exhibit A: this response), making it easy for me to earn that and more through media articles. However, I can understand not everybody finds that as easy as me, and not everybody has as much time as me (recent grad on a job search at the moment). Making it either pay more for media or cost less for training would make it seem less of a hassle for people I think. Increased rewards = increased submissions (usually, though it might create a need for more graders again).

PTs / TPE gains - adam2552 - 06-09-2017

If a speed receiver hit the max of 183 TPE per season, it would take them 7.65 seasons to max.

PTs / TPE gains - Admin - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 10:18 AM)Molarpistols Wrote:This is my first sim league, so I don't really have any comparisons as to how it could work, but I think participation TPE would be a good idea for PTs. 

I put a solid hour or so into researching prospects and stuff for the mock draft one, and earned 1 TPE on a lucky guess on a 2nd rounder. It doesn't have to be a ton, but it was a little disheartening to bust my ass for 1 TPE and watch all the GMs get 4 because they had already talked and had more ideas what was actually going to happen on draft night.  I get that GMs should have some perks because they are putting in a lot of hard work too, but it's just how I felt at the time.

For some of the easier point tasks, participation TPE might not be required.  The Week One Predictions for example, can be done in 20 seconds.  It would be kind of silly to reward much participation TPE for something that easy.

I don't know how realistic it is, but a lot of the recent Point Tasks have been related to lucky guesses (Mock Draft, Preseason Leaders, etc).  Is it possible to do more Point Tasks like the draft profile?  200 word minimum is fairly easy to achieve and the 3 TPE payout was quite nice.

As for the trainings, I think they may be in a pretty good spot, with some tweaks that could be done to be better.  I can dig not wanting too much of a power creep in the game, where we get too good too fast.  I can also see the training being a little on the spendy side as it is right now.  A lot of our player contracts seem to be in the 1-3 million range, which will buy 1-3 weekly trainings, leaving 2 weeks per season you have to earn yourself. 

Personally, I find it easy to write a novel about little things (exhibit A: this response), making it easy for me to earn that and more through media articles.  However, I can understand not everybody finds that as easy as me, and not everybody has as much time as me (recent grad on a job search at the moment).  Making it either pay more for media or cost less for training would make it seem less of a hassle for people I think. Increased rewards = increased submissions (usually, though it might create a need for more graders again).
Thank you for the week thought out reply.

I am going to alter the predictions and mocks and those sort of things to hand out participation TPE. Things like mock drafts will get more participation TPE.

The pts like the draft profile will come up once per week, and I was planning on running them Sunday - Sunday. I agree with you that they are the kind people want to see.

It seems that training is thought to cost too much so I'm weighing changing it to cost 500k right now. Quite a few of the people who joined pre draft got a bunch of money for presser questions but not everyone else is there. Offsetting it with increasing equipment cost may be an idea, and equipment could be treated as the bonus that you're working towards with media money.

This is good discussion, keep it coming.

PTs / TPE gains - Admin - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 10:15 AM)adam2552 Wrote:My player archetype takes 1156 TPE to max.

In the current model:
Weekly TPE
Activity Check: +2
Weekly Training: +3
Random Other Point Tasks: +4 (arbitrary estimated number based off the ones posted so far)
Total: +9 TPE per real life week

Seasonly TPE
Training Camp: +10
Equipment/Coaches: +26
Total: 36 TPE per season

Let's say a season takes 6 weeks.
9 Per week * 6 weeks = 54 TPE
Seasonly TPE = 36
Total per season = 54 + 36 = 90

Now 1156 / 90 = 12.8 seasons

It will take me roughly 13 seasons to max my player.

Not sure if that's how it was intended or not, or if there will be more rewarding PTs or anything else planned.  15 seasons to max a player seems like a lot though.

(Edit: forgot activity checks)
Hey Adam, two posts above yours I layed out how much tpe I had planned to hand out this season. Have a quick peek at the earnings there and let.me know what you think!

PTs / TPE gains - Ephemeris - 06-09-2017

I know this might sound weird and out of place. But as a waiver player you can't really do anything to 'compete' and improve your player ahead of the draft without any form of training or actual waiver system. At least to my knowledge nobody publically made a formal announcement that I was acquired by the hawks, there wasn’t a waiver thread ect. Not to mention in the Bank ledger I’m not even listed as part of the team. It’s like I don’t exist until S2? If that’s the case what’s the point in sticking around? Am I angry – not really, but a little more organization is sorely needed.

PTs / TPE gains - Anti-Hype - 06-09-2017

I don't know how anyone is having money problems when you could have gotten an easy 10 mil just by asking questions (excluding very new folks). If anything I think people have TOO much money right now and that will slow down the media.

BUT yeah getting nothing when I worked real hard on my mock was a bit of a bummer. I agree that maybe giving out a couple of points just for participation in certain PTs would be good.

Also different grades of gear maybe? Maybe there are gloves that give you +5 in hands but they are more expensive, and so on with every other piece of equipment.

Other than those suggestions everything has been pretty solid IMO. Big Grin

PTs / TPE gains - adam2552 - 06-09-2017

I have an idea to make certain media worth more. Keep the current structure for "write about whatever you want" articles. However, the media graders could introduce a "Requested Articles" or something similar. Each week we at a set time we would post a list of articles we want to see. The idea being that we won't get the same "Game X preview" article over and over again. Some ideas off the top of my head:

"Interview with NSFL Referee Ted Mochuli" (min 500 words - $1,000,000)
"Otters QB Mike Boss caught with deflated footballs in preseason" (min 750 words - $1,500,000 bonus $500,000 for interview with Mike Boss)

Just other stories that could drive the league narrative beyond previews and recaps. We make the post say every Friday at 9PM, and then whoever is the first to post and claim a story is the one who gets to write it. Each story would have a deadline, and if the deadline is missed, the payout is cut in half or something. Each of these articles would be worth either more money than the standard media rate or would come with a TPE payout instead of a money payout.

PTs / TPE gains - Stormblessed - 06-09-2017

And the variance for the random predictions is so ridiculous.

Baller, you got 8 TPE from the mock draft. Many people got 0. There is nothing protecting players (like myself and others) who don't know much about the league from getting fucked.

Someone who has intimate knowledge of the league and it's workings CLEARLY benefited against those who don't have that same knowledge. What message does that send?

PTs / TPE gains - White Cornerback - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 04:35 PM)Ephemeris Wrote:I know this might sound weird and out of place. But as a waiver player you can't really do anything to 'compete' and improve your player ahead of the draft without any form of training or actual waiver system. At least to my knowledge nobody publically made a formal announcement that I was acquired by the hawks, there wasn’t a waiver thread ect. Not to mention in the Bank ledger I’m not even listed as part of the team. It’s like I don’t exist until S2? If that’s the case what’s the point in sticking around? Am I angry – not really, but a little more organization is sorely needed.
I hear you , but us waiver players gotta stick together! But next year me , you and all other s2 players get +20TPE from Rookie and Team training camps which we missed out on this year but S1 players cant get next year.