International Simulation Football League
(S14) Ultimus Week! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S14) Ultimus Week! (/showthread.php?tid=13069)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

(S14) Ultimus Week! - Rising Equinox - 04-22-2019

1) Playoff Predictions, Reviews:

I'll be doing my playoff predictions for the DSFL playoffs. I'll make this short and concise, but I'll still cover my reasons for each of my picks. Portland Pythons vs. Norfolk Seawolves: Obviously, my pick is biased here, because I'm a Python. But, I'm picking the Pythons to win this game at home, and I don't think it will be close. The Pythons have a stellar team all around this season, and they are currently undefeated at home. I don't see any reason why that would change tonight. San Antonio Marshals vs. Tijuana Luchadores: I'm choosing the Marshals to win this. I know they've had bad luck in the playoffs in recent years, but I just think they were too dominant this season to lose in the first round to a team they're 4-0 against this season. Portland Pythons vs. San Antonio Marshals: The Pythons have proved to be the only team capable of taking down the Marshals this season. I think this game will be a nail-biter, and it will be decided by a field goal. I'm picking the Portland Pythons to win the Ultimini. This could honestly go either way, but I'm going to choose to believe in my team here. These playoffs could be very interesting.

6) Our Time:

I think there are several reasons why the Portland Pythons should be considered the favorite to win the Ultimini. I briefly talk about it and give my predictions for the playoffs above, but I will be more specific here. In the end, I think it will come down to the Pythons and the Marshals in a very close Ultimini game. Both teams are undefeated at home, and the Marshals will have home field advantage in this match-up. Both games between these two teams, this season, were decided by a touchdown or less. I think this game will end the same way. Most would assume the Marshals would come away with a win here, because the game will be at their field, but the Pythons have proven to be the only team capable of keeping up with and actually defeating the Marshals. We learned from our mistakes in our loss, and we made the necessary corrections to win the second time. I think this game will come down to whoever has the better pass rush and defensive line play. I believe that team is the Pythons. The Marshals have definitely had the more productive secondary between the two teams, but Franklin Armstrong is a great QB and can deal with the threat. Both teams defenses will need to get pressure on the QB and force them into bad situations. The Pythons have had fantastic defensive line and LB play the entire season.

3) All about the QBs

[Image: VrJcmHe.jpg]

13) That Magic Moment

When you talk about magic moments in the S15 DSFL playoffs, one specific play definitely stands out above the rest to me. That one play would have to be the Lanzer Grievous pick six against the Norfolk Seawolves in the conference championship. We were down the entire game up until that one play that tied the game and gave us the opportunity to pull ahead 16-13. This one play has so much significance to me, obviously because it was my player that did it, but it also meant so much more than just that. It really proved one of my earlier theories that this season's Portland Python team had a perfect combination of offense and defense that complimented each other immensely. When our offense couldn't get the job done against a great defense, our defense stepped up their game. When our defense couldn't keep up, our offense did enough to keep us in the game. This was Lanzer's first interception of his career, and it couldn't have come at a better time and ended better than it did. This play may not forever go down in the record books or be remembered, but it was a game-changing moment in the playoffs that gave the Pythons the chance to eventually win the S15 Ultimini. I will surely remember this moment throughout the rest of my career.

(S14) Ultimus Week! - nickyvmlp - 04-22-2019

1) Playoff Predictions, Reviews

To the shock of literally everyone on Planet Earth, the Tijuana Luchadores stunned the world and knocked off the juggernaut San Antonio Marshals by a final of 30-21 in the first game of the DSFL conference championship round. San Antonio dominated the regular season with a 13-1 record thanks to surefire DSFL MVP Morgan Marshall and a tough as nails defense that boasts multiple future early NSFL draft picks. During the regular season, San Antonio faced the Luchadores four times, and won all four of them, so despite a couple of close calls (a three point win in Week 6 and a six point win in Week 14), it was clear that the Marshals were the heavy favorites going in. And despite the fact that both Marshall and the San An defense showed up to play, Tijuana just did more. Forrest Gump had perhaps the play of the season with an amazing 96 yard touchdown run, where he barreled over several defenders before winning a foot race against Walt Green. On the other side of the ball, the Luchadores defense clamped down when it was necessary, forcing San Antonio to dink and dunk the ball down the field on the final drive because the big plays just weren't available. Tijuana will now more on to the Ultimini, where they'll have a chance to defend their title against the Portland Pythons.

230 words

3) All about the QBs

I've talked about various quarterbacks a lot in my MVP Ranking series, and two of the quarterbacks that I mentioned at great length were Joliet L. Christ and Gus T.T. Showbiz of San Jose and Orange County, respectively. These are two quarterbacks heading in opposite directions. At the start of the season, Christ was playing out of his mind. His Week 1 and Week 2 performances finished the season as the second and third best performances all year. But that level of play was sadly unsustainable, and as the season progressed, Christ steadily fell down my leaderboard, and he finished the season in 5th. Meanwhile, Gus T.T. Showbiz was always on the radar to break into the list, but his play was just too inconsistent early in the season to justify his inclusion, especially with so many other quarterbacks in that hunt. But then, Week 12 happened. Gus did horrible, horrible things to the Outlaws. This was the only performance by anyone that topped Christ's early season work, and he posted numbers the next two weeks that weren't that far off his mind-bending numbers from Week 12. Showbiz finished 4th in my rankings, and I think his strong showings as of late will help propel Orange County to a third straight trip to the Ultimus.

217 words

7) Next year

I love the Solar Bears chances of making a gigantic leap into DSFL playoff contention next season. All season long, the Solar Bears were among the most active teams in the league. According to the research I did for the Pro Bowl, Palm Beach had the most active players as of April 1st with 14, including our quarterback, both running backs, and seven defensive starters, all of whom were rookies this year. Plus with the addition of the two expansion NSFL teams, along with some players staying down even if they're drafted by a major team, we're likely to bring back a bunch of these players from Season 14. And their TPE is only going to increase as Season 15 goes on. Throw in the fact that they'll have the second overall pick in next year's draft, and they'll have the cream of the next rookie crop ready to fill in any holes that the NSFL Draft will have left behind. Plus, having been in the Palm Beach locker room, I can say with certainty that any newcomers to the team will be met with open arms and dank memes. It's a fantastic community that several people therein have stated they don't want to leave by being drafted. It's that strong of a group.

214 words

9) Rivalries

Listen, I understand that since there's only six teams in the DSFL, and four of them make the playoffs, there's bound to be a team or two that simply aren't playoff material, but point blank, the Norfolk Seawolves were not worthy of going to the playoffs. They started the season strong, three straight wins to start as an expansion team, well done, high fives all around. But after that victory over Palm Beach in Week 3, they only won three more games for the rest of the season. And all three of those wins came against the lowly 2-14 Kansas City Coyotes. Once the playoffs came around and they took on Portland, they squandered a nice lead, like they had done so many times this season. Seeing as how both the Seawolves and my Solar Bears came into existence at the same time, a lot of people will be connecting the two teams together. Did the Solar Bears do very well this season? No, but there are signs that the team is getting better. Norfolk though? Unless they just kill the draft this year, they're on their way down. Kansas City will improve and they'll still have to contend with Portland. Year 1 between the two expansion teams may've swung Norfolk's way, but we'll see who makes it to an Ultimini first. My money's on Palm Beach.

227 words

(S14) Ultimus Week! - Leafs4ever - 04-22-2019

Playoff Review

NSFC Championship: Philadelphia Liberty @ Baltimore Hawks

At the beginning of the season, most people anticipated this match up. The Hawks were the favourite to make it out of the NSFC and play in the Ultimus Game. The Hawks even loaded up at the deadline to ensure their place in that game. The Liberty had other ideas. With the Liberty losing their star running back, Marquise Brown, to Baltimore in the off-season, they shocked the NSFL world and beat the Hawks in Baltimore to advance to the Ultimus Game.

Philadelphia quarterback Adriana Falconi played the game of her life, leading the Liberty to the upset of the Hawks on the road. She threw for 394 yards and 3 touchdowns in the win. Her favourite targets happened to be everyone, but Batoff came up huge with 113 yards and 2 touchdowns. On the Hawks side, their prized free agent Marquise Brown came up huge for them, putting up 127 yards rushing with 2 touchdowns, but unfortunately everyone else didn't. This one hurts in Baltimore after going all in to make the Ultimus Game. Losing at home as a heavy favourite is a sour way to end your season. In Phildelphia, they are celebrating in the streets as they are off to play for the Ultimus Trophy.

FINAL: Liberty 31 Hawks 28

(214 words)

All about the QBs

The quarterback match up in this season's Ultimus Championship is a fascinating one. It pits the SaberCats' Joilet L. Christ against the Liberty's Adriana Falconi. Let's take a look at the match up.

In the regular season, they had very similar passing stats. Falconi threw for 4106 yards, 28 touchdowns, and 13 interceptions. Christ threw for 3438 yards, 27 touchdowns, and 8 interceptions. The big difference between the two was that Falconi was asked to throw more than Christ, throwing 76 more times. While the passing stats are very similar between the two, a big gulf develops in their scrambling. On the season, Christ put up a ridiculous 814 rushing yards and 6 rushing touchdowns. Falconi put up a measly 38 yards rushing and no touchdowns. That's an incredible gap in skill between the two.

In the two match ups against each other this season, the SaberCats won both by a combined score of 50-25. However, both quarterbacks had a good game and bad game. The defenses of both teams really played well. If I had to give an advantage to one, it's Joilet. The threat of running is real and the Liberty's defense has to be ready for it. That will open up the passing game for Christ and cause havok for Philadelphia. The SaberCats know what Falconi is going to do, stay in the pocket, or hand it off. It's an easier read for San Jose.

The dual threat ability of Joilet L. Christ gives San Jose the advantage in the quarterback battle.

(255 words)

Spotlight on Youth

An injection of youth can be a great thing to a team in the playoffs. Their energy and eagerness are a welcome addition on the field and on every championship team you can find one young player that made a big impact. In this year's playoffs, I believe you'll see that in SaberCats' cornerback Spencer Castle.

In just his second season in the NSFL, Castle was tasked with shutting down the opposing teams' wide receivers. I don't know how much San Jose expected from such a young player in such an important position, but I do know that Castle exceeded all expectations. Castle was instrumental in helping the SaberCats' post the best pass defence in the NSFL. The defence only gave up a league low 232 yards passing per game, which Castle helped with by shutting down any receiver he matched up with.

In 14 games with San Jose, he posted a league best 23 pass deflections. For such a young player, having been drafted in Season 13, it's ridiculous that he was able to keep up with some of the best wide receivers in the league. His ability to shadow routes, leap up to swipe the ball, and shut down these players was a huge boost to the defense. With his emergence, it helped San Jose to the number 1 defence in the league and to an upset of the Otters in the ASFC Championship Game.

Keep an eye out for Spencer Castle in this season's Ultimus Championship Game. Chances are he is going to cause fits for the Liberty's wide receivers and for their quarterback.

(267 words)

Our Time

Back in Season 12, the SaberCats had their coming out party. All of their young players had finally taken that step towards contender ship. They expected to compete, but winning the Ultimus was still something they thought was a season away. It would of been a pleasant surprise, and sure enough, they fell short in the ASFC Championship. Heading into Season 13, they felt it was their time. They tore through the regular season, going 12-2. However, the stumbled in the ASFC Championship again and failed to make the Ultimus Game.

Here we are, once again, with me proclaiming that it is the SaberCats year to finally win the Ultimus Trophy. While they didn't have the 12-2 record like the Season 13 team did, they did have a stronger roster from top to bottom. There was a lot of bad luck in their losses this season, but as a team played much better. This season, San Jose boasts the best defence in every category and gave up the least amount of points, giving up just 233 points in 14 games. To go along with the number one defense, they also bring the best rushing attack to the playoffs. These two things go hand in hand. With a potent rushing attack, the SaberCats can control the clock and the time of possession. With such a good defence, the opponents don't score a lot of points so they need as much time as possible. By controlling the time of possession, it severely hinders their opponents chance at getting enough points to win.

Even with all that, perhaps the biggest reason that it is finally San Jose's year, is because of the development of Joilet L. Christ into a terrifying dual threat. While Christ threw the ball with efficiency and safety, he also put up ridiculous rushing numbers. He rushed for 814 yards and 6 touchdowns. He basically became a quarterback and runningback all in one. Not only do teams have to defend his passes, they also have to be mindful of his feet. Commit to one area too much and he'll burn them the other way. It makes defending the SaberCats' offense a nightmare.

This season, it is finally time to crown the San Jose SaberCats Ultimus Champions.

(376 words)

(S14) Ultimus Week! - Renrut - 04-23-2019

PBE

TBD

TBD

TBD

(S14) Ultimus Week! - majesiu - 04-23-2019

PBE affiliation

(S14) Ultimus Week! - PaytonM34 - 04-23-2019

PBE PT

Task 1 Tijuana @ San Antonio review

wow boys we did it we beat san antonio on the road again and made it to the ultimini and how did we do it you might ask well thats a great question son because forrest freaking gump just clobbered the san antonio defense as well as zoro roronoa we had like 250 rushing yards and could not be stopped i mean in the 2nd quarter (probably) forrest gump bursted through the line like a majestic gazelle and sprinted 96 yards for a touchdown that just crushed the hopes and dreams of the marshals and this was our game plan all along one of our secrit plays if you ask me and with a good serviceable game by corvo horvo and the supporting wide receiver cast gave us an offense that could not be stopped except for those few times where we were stopped and had to punt but i mean even the defense performed exceptionally well the marshals had the highest scoring offense of all the dsfl teams but we were able to shut them down when it mattered most in the playoff game and that my friends is why you gotta build the wall in order to have a great playoff team
204 words

Task 6 Tijuana's Time

alright this is a story all about a guy named benjamin from new zealand and not australia and why he deserves to go 2-0 in the ultimini in his 2 years as a gm he is literally the friend of more cows than you can possible imagine okay so tijuana are the favorites to win mostly because of that but ill give you some more reasons we got corvo horvo here finally falling into his role as more of a game manager quarterback who takes advantage of the great run game we have and gets the ball out to the less developed receivers on the team although rod tidwell is a freaking monster and thats usually his safe target to go to. next up we have forrest gump who literally could be the league MVP of the season yes you heard it here first league MVP of the season he had like a bajillion rushing TDs and he wasnt even the lead back on the team we had a 150+ tpe inactive guy who ran like 5ypc all season so those yards arent just volume yards theyre quality yards and next we have the wall and this wall is more impenetrable than the game of thrones ice wall so unless the portland pythons are actually GM'd by the night king i think were gonna win back to back ultimini's
229 words

Task 13 Tijuana's Magic Moment

you guys already know what magic moment im gonna talk about right here right now and no its not brave ulysses amazing pancake block or beaver dantes whatever his name is stonewalling the best defensive line in the league no its forrest gump sprinting straight through the middle of the line from our own 4 yard line and being so freakishly fast no one could even put a hand on him. a direct quote from forrest gump as he was running 96 yards down the field "im fast!.... im really fast!!" fast indeed my friendo youre off to the races and that was magic not only in my heart but in the hearts of all tijuana fans worldwide because tijuana has always played san antonio in the playoffs except for that one year where the palm beach solar bears bot team went and killed everyone in the league i mean this isnt PvE its PvP anyways back to the magic moment, what im trying to say is that it was double the magic because it was san antonio marshals and theyve been our biggest rival for many seasons and for gump to have that 96 yard td run just warms my heart
202 words

(S14) Ultimus Week! - Rouchicus - 04-23-2019

Placeholder

(S14) Ultimus Week! - Duilio05 - 04-23-2019

Task 2
Build the Wall. They’ve been chanting it all season. Did it help them? NO. They went suffered six losses during the regular season. They even had back to back losses to Palm Beach Solar Bears and the Kansas City Coyotes. During the regular season they were winless against San Antonio. And then the playoff miracle happened. They trounced San Antonio 30 to 21, in San Antonio. Now they get to try it again in Portland against the Pythons for the Ultimini. I’m predicting Tijuana Luchadores will repeat as Ultimini Champions. From my resource of numbers, Tijuana is even less of an underdog against Portland than they were against the Marshals. Looking back on the regular season we see huge changes in Tijuana’s play. They went from being shut out 41 - 0 in week one against Portland to defeating the Pythons 24 - 20 in week nine. Many probably chalk it up to anomalies in the SIM. I think we should start giving credit to Tijuana’s Wall. In the regular season DE Nero Alexander recorded 8 sacks and 12 tackles for loss. As a team San Antonio had 30 sacks and 35 tackles for loss. Tijuana's wall held the Marshals to a single sack in the playoffs and Nero recorded only 2 tackles and 1 tackle for loss. Ulysses and Beaver are finally outshining the bot linemen on other teams and need to be recognized as true game changers. These two will be why Tijuana upsets the Pythons in the Ultimini.

Task 9.
It is hard to have really strong convictions about rivals and enemies when for your entire life you were cheering for them. I grew up in Kuna, ID, just 30 minutes from Boise. Portland is several hours closer to us than any other NSFL city. As a wee lad, when I just started going to school and my views of the world were being shaped, I received a stuffed Portland Python for christmas. My Dad had a S07 Portland Python McCoy jersey. Fast forward to that day, the day when I was drafted to the Marshals. I had a lot of conflictions. I was happy I was drafted. I was sad that I wasn’t drafted by Portland. I was happy I wasn’t in the same conference as Portland, because it ment I wouldn't have to play against my childhood team as much. That maybe my emotions wouldn’t get too conflicted and twisted. The season began and before long both us, the Marshals, and the Pythons were clear favorites to win the Ultimini and those two games occured. We beat the Pythons at Home, but then the Pythons beat us at Home. There was smack talk flying all over the message boards and news media. Suddenly it clicked, I had no allegiance to THIS Python team. They are my enemy. So that is how I felt the rest of the season. Our sole mission was to defeat Portland and win the Ultimini. Why do I want them to lose? Because it is either us or them. There can be only one survivor. Then it happened. We loss. Blindsided. We would be watching Tijuana play Portland. And just like that. Poof. All my hate evaporated. I no longer had any real stake in the out come of the Ultimini because the Marshals weren’t in it. And slowly, like falling back into a dream, my inner child came rising inside of me. I remembered McFluffington, the name I gave to my stuffed Portland Python I had received for christmas so many years ago. I was back on the Portland bandwagon cheering for them to win.

Task 11 - Interview Brock Landers - @gucci
Question: So the Norfolk Seawolves made it to the playoffs. As an expansion team, to get to the playoffs is incredible. Can you give us an insight into the emotional rollercoasterthat the Norfolk lockroom must have experienced during the regular season?

Answer: Norfolk took a lot of tough losses this year. The team was made up exclusively of rookies this year and we didn’t know what to expect. Unfortunately we collapsed at the end of games repeatedly. If we closed out games we had a real shot at it could’ve been Portland coming to Norfolk to face us instead of the way it turned out. Next year that’s something the SeaWolves will have to improve in.

Question: In the playoff game, Portland was heavily favored. Can you share what you and your teammates did or felt before and after the game?

Answer: I’m not sure why they were heavily favored. Sure we went 1-3 against them in the regular season and 1-4 overall, but we could’ve be 4-1 had things fallen our way. We went into Portland thinking that we would beat them, unfortunately we had some bad breaks and ended up with another close loss. Next year we’ll make sure we finish off our chances against teams, Portland specifically.

Question: Before the DSFl season started, you were drafted as a QB. Would you ever consider switching back to QB if a NSFL team asked you to?

Answer: I don’t think I’ll ever play QB again. I love the position, but I think I’ve got a chance to be a Hall of Fame caliber receiver and I’m 100% committed to making that dream a reality.

Question: Name a city, that if an expansion team went to, you'd be 100% excited to play in.

Answer: I’d love to play in San Francisco if they ever have a team there. I grew up north of LA in the Valley and used to go up to the Bay Area a lot as a kid. Loved the feel of the city and always dreamed of playing for a team there. San Jose just doesn’t have the same appeal. Same with Orange County vs LA proper.

Task 12 - Intervew
Gucci Interviewed Me

(S14) Ultimus Week! - Bayley - 04-23-2019

PT1: Affiliate Sharing
PBE - Bayley
===========================================
PT2) Underdog
I think the underdog that can win is going to be the San Jose Sabercats. It is time to bring the Otters down and I think San Jose has the ability to do that. In the two games the Cats have faced against the Otters, they have done well in both games. In Week 3, the Cats beat the Otters by a score of 23-0 behind limiting Showbiz to under 150 yards while Christ was able to put up just under 300 yards. That is a fantastic game that they will be looking for in the game. In the second game, the Cats fell short 20-17 because of Carlito Crush who had 5 catches for 110 yards and 2 touchdowns. I think it'll be important to limit him and not turn the ball over. Xavier Flash is going to be the key for the Sabercats. You really need to get him going in the game, without question. Christ will need to feed him the ball and feed him the ball often to make it work. That will definitely be interesting to see what Canton does with the ball in his hands. Will he be a factor or will it be all passing game?
Quote:Words: 203
PT7) Next year
The New Orleans Second Line is going to win the Ultimas Championship next year. I mean, look at what we have for a team. We have Bork as our Quarterback, that is a hall of fame type player, why would you not want this guy at the helm. You have Aksel Daniellson and Tyler Swift as your running backs. I mean, you have Fydo and Swift who both were Top 5 in the entire league in recieving this past year, that is something that they will look to build on. You have some young guys coming up from the DSFL that will be hugely important to get involved. Gordan Ramsay Jr is going to be a solid corner with Benson Harris, Gray Kuusela being the solid player on defense and William Harrison as well. Lo Rax is a DPOTY candidate, so with the 2nd and 3rd pick, they are building for next year and future years. NOLA is going to be a team that will not want to be messed with. They need to figure out the offensive line a little bit and the linebacking core with some WR coming into play. Imagine this team in a couple years, they are going to be unstoppable.
Quote:Words: 205
PT 9) Rivalries
The team I want to lose is the Orange County Otters. The Orange County Otters is a team that wins too often and I am sick of them. Plus, they have Carlito Crush who is the guy I regret trading for the most as my tenure as GM. I hated what he did there and I will never be on the same page as that guy. I am going to root against the Orange County Otters for that reason. I like the GMs, but it's Crush that I will never root for. I spit in the face of people who do not want to be cool. That is how I feel about him, I hope he catches 0 balls and I root for my team to be ahead of him in the WR rankings every single season. That is something I will always root for and never root for them. I want the Cats to absolutely crush the Orange County Otters by a score of 69-0. That is the team that I will be rooting for to lose. I hope you drop every ball and do nothing. There, take that, go Cats. Boo the otters, you are not even a good animal. Just kidding, I love otters.
Quote:Words: 207

(S14) Ultimus Week! - Baron1898 - 04-23-2019

1) Playoff Review: San Antonio vs. Tijuana

The first conference championship to be played in this year’s DSFL playoffs was the Tijuana Luchadores traveling to the San Antonio Marshals, a 13-1 squad that broke records left and right and that had gone 4-0 against the Luchadores in the regular season. Of course, it had to be cursed, and the Luchadores won 30-21. After a slow moving first quarter, the visiting team responded to a San Antonio touchdown pass by scoring 17 points in 9 minutes and going up 20-7 at halftime. The Marshals got the ball to start off the third quarter and scored a touchdown, but were immediately demoralized by a 96 yard run touchdown from Luchadores running back Forrest Gump that brought the deficit right back to where it started. The Marshals again rallied to score a touchdown, but the comeback was not to be. Both offenses turned anemic, and in crunch time San Antonio failed to convert crucial drives to keep a comeback dream alive. Stephen Harris Jr.’s field goal in the 4th made it a 9 point and two possession lead for Tijuana, who escaped from San Antonio’s grasp and now travel to Portland for a chance at an Ultimini.

==============
7) Next Year

The San Antonio Marshals have a great shot to finally break their Ultimini drought next year. Many of the players that contributed to the 13-1 campaign will once again be back in the DSFL and have more training and experience. By pure luck, the Luchadores have managed to prevent the Marshals from going to the big game, but not for much longer. San Antonio will once again find themselves as regular season champions and welcome a division opponent into their home stadium, whether that’s Tijuana or Palm Beach, and break a bad streak to go and win an Ultimini. Some of the young core will have moved on to the big leagues, but those that get sent back down can elevate this team. The defense thrives on turnovers, the offense can pound the rock into an opponent’s throat, and the Marshal culture will again dominate the league with the commitment to win and an abundance of team pride. It’s only a matter of time before regular season success translates into post season season. The San Antonio Marshals will be back with a vengeance in season 15, and with TC at the helm to field another excellent rookie class, the Ultimini is within their grasp.

==============
9) Rivalries

The Tijuana Luchadores will be embarrassed in the Ultimini against a far superior team. Many may assume that the Luchadores have a chance because they knocked off the Marshals in the preseason, but those people would be wrong. Tijuana made it through the season with an 8-6 record, barely batting above .500, and made the playoffs by process of elimination because they were lucky enough to be in the same division as the expansion team Solar Bears. Only 8 of their players updated in the past week, which is blown out of the water by the opposing Pythons’ 10. What the heck is a Luchadore gonna do against a snake anyway? Try to wrestle it to death? Just because Forrest Gump outran the border authorities for 96 yards yesterday the Luchadores think that their offense is better than Portland. Corvo Havran’s just jealous that Franklin Armstrong’s having a better rookie season than he did. And that Tijuana passing offense is going nowhere against the killer Python secondary. Prepare for a 42-0 smack down in the Ultimini game, where the Pythons get tired of running up the score after the second quarter and just run the clock down instead. Tijuana is about to get exposed.

==============
11) Sit Down w/ Forrest Gump

1) How does it feel to go to an Ultimini championship game in your first season in the DSFL?
“I couldn’t be prouder of our team and what we have been able to do this season. We got off to a bit of a shaky start, but we really got goin’ in the middle of the season and kept movin’ forward. Goin’ into that game against the Marshalls after they had beaten us four times this season was tough, but we went into the game feelin’ real good and had a game plan that gave us the chance to succeed.”

2) The highlight of your game against San Antonio was obviously the big 96 yard touchdown. Can you give any insight into how you reacted to that?
“I don’t think a whole lot while I’m runnin’, I just really like to. We were backed way up, coach said to go out there and see if we could make a statement for the rest of the game. I got the ball, and our big men on the offensive line made all their blocks. There were just a few guys left on the field, and I got to runnin’. I just kept on runnin’ until I got in the end zone. Then I turned around, the fans that had travelled from Tijuana were screamin’ and cheerin’, and our team was goin’ crazy. I think that was the moment we knew we were gonna win the game.”

3) Have any NSFL teams reached out to you yet? What are your expectations for the draft?
“I’ve heard from a few GMs, people have been real nice and the scouting process has been great. I don’t like to brag too much about what I’ve done, but I reckon I turned a few heads this season, and I’ve heard some people talkin’ ‘bout where I might go and some people speculatin’ what round I’ll go, I’ve heard early first or even late second round. I’ll be happy wherever I go, so long as they have a spot for me. I’d like to be an early pick, but this is a talented group of runnin’ backs and I don’t really know where I’ll be drafted ‘cause of that.”

4) Do you think the Luchadores can knock off the Pythons?
“Of course I do. I got faith in my GMs, faith in my team, and faith in myself. Our offensive line is second to none, and we can run the ball as well as any team. Corvo’s a great QB, and we have a solid defense. We may be on the road, but we were last week too. The Ultimini’s gonna come back to Tijuana, you can mark my words on that.”