International Simulation Football League
Don’t stream preseason - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Don’t stream preseason (/showthread.php?tid=14227)

Pages: 1 2

Don’t stream preseason - WannabeFinn - 07-08-2019

(07-08-2019, 02:50 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:It's not about the streaming. It's about lengthening the offseason to give updaters a break and give the GMs time to put together send down lists and OL bot builds and give the simmer time to build the file.
Ya we don’t need a 3-4 week offseason. Bad. No bueno.

Don’t stream preseason - timeconsumer - 07-08-2019

(07-08-2019, 04:08 PM)WannabeFinn Wrote:Ya we don’t need a 3-4 week offseason. Bad. No bueno.

And expansion took it's own week basically

Don’t stream preseason - manicmav36 - 07-08-2019

(07-08-2019, 02:56 PM)flyeaglesfly29 Wrote:The only ones that really need a break is the simmer. They have the most work to do. Being an updater, I don't think we needed a month break. Being a GM, I'm pretty on top of stuff, so I don't think that takes all that much time either. Obviously, this was a much longer break than normal, but I think we do run the risk of losing more people if we have another off season like this last one!

We (updaters) had 1 week off. Certainly not a month.

Don’t stream preseason - Oles - 07-08-2019

Preseason being streamed is helpful for the simmers. We had a situation this season that was not the normal, both files were absolutely trash with the expansion/contraction situation in each league, having preseason streamed (in this case an extra week) gave both of us more time to work on the file. I understand wanting regular football faster, but we need the extra time to work on the file and get everything settled. Preseason gives us the test run and the ability to check for errors, and it gives us more time to work, if we were rushed into regular season there'd be a lot more errors and issues, it's already bad enough with how the sim is, rushing us will only make things worse and then we'll have people yelling for re-sims constantly, and that's just demotivating and for the simmers it makes things so much worse.

Don’t stream preseason - flyeaglesfly29 - 07-08-2019

(07-08-2019, 08:07 PM)manicmav36 Wrote:We (updaters) had 1 week off. Certainly not a month.

You are right, I was more so talking about the entire offseason lol.

Don’t stream preseason - WannabeFinn - 10-04-2019

bump

Don’t stream preseason - White Cornerback - 10-04-2019

lets hope that this preseason actually catches errors

Don’t stream preseason - WannabeFinn - 10-04-2019

(10-04-2019, 10:24 AM)White Cornerback Wrote:lets hope that this preseason actually catches errors
Narrator: It didn’t

Don’t stream preseason - Buttersqauch101 - 10-04-2019

(10-04-2019, 03:26 PM)WannabeFinn Wrote:Narrator: It didn’t
Thanks, we try