International Simulation Football League
(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! (/showthread.php?tid=16070)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - terriblehippo - 10-14-2019

Code:
296 words

I know I've raved about it before, but the New Orleans Second Line defense is going to be monstrous this year. The team placed three players on the Pro Bowl defensive roster last season: William H. Harrison, Jordan Andrews, and Johnny Slothface; all three players are returning to the team this season. In addition, NOLA added perhaps the most highly touted prospect of all time in Bjorn Ironside, who will start on the defensive line. That wasn't the only highlight of the draft, as the team also acquired cornerback David Rector and linebacker Thudd Kassel, who will almost certainly have an on-field impact this season. Deon Taylor and Quenton Bode are both entering their prime, and veterans like Lo Rax and Tyler Swift(!) are eager to prove that they still have some gas in the tank.

New Orleans' biggest storyline coming into this season this team involves the offseason trade for Blake Faux. New Orleans gave up a promising but controversial player in Brayden Ennis to acquire Faux, a move which is still being hotly debated. While it was not an easy decision for the New Orleans front office to make, they managed to flip Ennis, a S17 player with 421 TPE (at the time of this writing) for Faux, who is only one season older and has more TPE (510). Only time will tell if New Orleans truly won this trade; fortunately, Austin and New Orleans play each other Week 1, so we might get an answer sooner rather than later. For now, Faux is yet another piece in an already formidable defense. If New Orleans can keep this young roster together for the next few seasons, they'll have a realistic shot at several Ultimus titles.

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - IsaStarcrossed - 10-14-2019

I am incredibly excited to be a part of the New Orleans Second Line defense. Not just because of what they are at the moment, but because of what they have a chance to evolve into. This group is young, feisty, and high energy trainers who should develop into one of the best defenses this league has ever seen. This defense really only has two aging players on it. At defensive end, you have a team legend, Lo Rax. He's been a part of legendary NOLA defenses in the past and he's great to have around as this young core grows around him. Then at safety you have Tyler Swift. He recently changed to the position, but he is a top athlete on the team and is fully capable of filling the role. He's only got a couple of seasons left before regression, but they should be pretty solid ones as he anchors down the back of this group. Then you have the freakish core from S15. Guys like Johnny Slothface who is playing defensive end for us, Quenton Bode our star in the middle of the defense, and Deon Taylor, our top secondary player at quarterback. These guys are top earners who create a strong base for NOLA to build on. Then you add on the young guns from the most recent drafts and you have Blake Faux and Bjørn Ironside at defensive tackle, Thudd Kassel at SLB, Jordan Andrews and David Rector holding down the secondary and suddenly you have a group of young stars that will only get better. None of these guys are remotely near regression and they are all very solid earners. We have the talent level to be a top defense right now, but I think within the next couple of seasons you'll really see us evolve in an incredibly dominant force.

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - slothfacekilla - 10-14-2019

SHL PT

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - ValorX77 - 10-14-2019

One analyst told opposing offenses to “just give up” when facing this defense, but, who is the team the analyst said to forfeit against? Yellowknife is the name of the location of this team.. The Wraiths are the leagues team to beat this season, with probably the best defense since the Season 9 second line, but, NOBODY CARES ABOUT THEM! The defensive line is something to be talked about, with the young and experienced Ryan Leaf Jr and Nero Alexander charging at opposing offensive linemen with such speed, but also with the assistance of Luke Smyles and Maurice Virtanen and occasionally Thomas Clark. The Secondary is perhaps the leagues finest, with an elite linebacker score Headed by the Two headed dragon of Alex Selich and the league’s current reigning defensive player of the year, Danny Grithead, but wait there’s more! The secondary is led by Our two corners Axel Hornbacher and Johnny Snuggles, who is not quite the stuffed bear you think he is. We also have young talent like Mervin Leonard, and Lightsout Lewis contributing to the leagues best secondary in many seasons! We also have the famed “Safeties R Us” duo of Kroustis and Uchiha giving out sacks and picks to the little children of Yellowknife.
(208 words)

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - UpperNet - 10-14-2019

The copperheads have alot of young talent on there D and have alot of potential to take this league by storm this season! First we have the Defensive linemen the highest TPE on our team Dick wizardry. Then right next to them we have New copperheads Ennis and bradberton who combined for 593 TPE! Then on the edge rushing the passer we have kuusela or is he edge? Because we may switch around who knows maybe I could he playing edge ????. And then we have our young Linebacking core a very fast group me and Honda both of 85 speed and then we have sandip who had 90 speed. You know what they say speed kills! And then on the outside we got the legendary Dermot Lavelle jr who even though only plays on the outside hes very good and playing on the outside. Non of that safety stuff for him but it's cool cause takeda and and Jensen is a deadly combo over the top! Last but not least we got our end round pick on the opposite side of Dermot Xavien Adam a player who maybe be a rookie but have some experience in the league and pairing him with dermot our secondary has gotten stronger. We only have 2 player on our D that is below s14 our whole defense is filled with youbt guys and in a few season we will be the best defense in the NSFL!

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - CLG Rampage - 10-14-2019

I don't think it's that crazy to claim that Yellowknife has the best defense in the league and that no team comes even close to their level. From top to bottom, Yellowknife has an incredibly stacked team with no real holes at any position and its only going to get better with age. There are so many young talents on this squad, including newest addition Maurice Virtanen. Virtanen was one of the best prospects in the entire draft, and he fell right into Yellowknife's lap. The only old-ish talent they have on the D is Alex Selich, and surprise surprise, they draft Virtanen to replace him! They have the most loaded secondary in the entire league, their defensive line is stout, they really couldn't have it any better. Yellowknife's defense will absolutely crush any offense they go up against. Throwing against them is a massively risky endeavor, running against them isn't successful, just good luck if you have to go up against this terrifying unit. I don't see a world where a team is able to run up the score against this defense, it's just far too good. So any team that has to play against this group, you better have something fancy prepared to try and get past them. Standard plays simply will get shut down every time.

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - CalvinP - 10-14-2019

PH

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - soppychico - 10-14-2019

Coming from the Marshals, I've seen a lot of great defensive players in that one year. To be drafted by the Yetis who also drafted Peter Parker and Louisiana Purchase, is a huge deal to me. The switch to defense from offense has been easier than I anticipated. Hitting people instead of waiting to get bodied going across the middle has been a joy. But I have to give most of the credit to the coaching staff here in Colorado and the rest of the boys on the Dline have been giving me a lot of help. This defense isn't going to be sneaky good for long. Steco on the Dline next to the Marshal legend Bubba Thumper, Parker and Purchase in the secondary. This team has a lot of young earners, and will only get better. If this defense isn't the best in the league by the end of the year, it will be by the start of the next. My prediction is the team will be a lot better than the predictions the "experts" have been putting out. I'll go a step further and say the Yeti will lead the league in sacks. AND I expect Peter Parker to put the league on notice with his kick return skills.

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - speculadora - 10-14-2019

[Image: i4W0uYt.png]

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - Leafs4ever - 10-14-2019

When you look at the SaberCats defense, it's pretty easy to see where the strengths and weaknesses are. The clear and obvious weakness is in the secondary. Outside of the safety position with Jorel Tuck, Trey Stanley, and Tyron Brackenridge, there isn't much there. At corner back, you have Tell and Rowland and they are a big step down from other corner backs. Opposing teams are definitely going to throw the ball against this secondary. Now their strength is clearly in the linebacker and quarterback rushers. With Riposte, Ja'brill Tuck, and Kolby Deringer, the SaberCats should get a ton of pressure on the quarterback and be tough on opposing running backs. This is especially why I believe opponents are going to game play and throw the ball a ton against the weaker corner backs. If they can pressure the quarterback and limit their time in the pocket, the defense should be alright. If they can't get to the quarterback, wide receivers are going to beat their coverage and be open for big gains. This season, I expect the passing defense to be around the bottom of the league, but I think the linebacks and defensive ends can keep the whole defense a float and make them slightly above average. It's going to be an interesting season in San Jose.

(219 words)