International Simulation Football League
S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! (/showthread.php?tid=16348)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - slothfacekilla - 11-11-2019

1. GOMHL "PT" Media

Code:
1) Playoff Predictions, Reviews:
Graphic: Make a graphic displaying the matchups in the playoffs. If completed before sim, predict scores and show stats, if after, give a summary of game showing stats and top performers.

[Image: BqxFeY5.png]

Code:
3) All about the QBs
Graphic: Create a graphic on a QB matchup, (Pictures with side-by-side statistics).

[Image: rUEZnAh.png]

Code:
14) That Magic Moment
Graphic: Create a graphic immortalizing that moment

[Image: mGRAkSd.png]

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - JKortesi81 - 11-11-2019

Task 1 – Playoff Predictions – Predictions are always a fun time, but usually when I do my ultimus week they’re already simmed. So this is exciting for me! On one hand, we have the Yellowknife Wraiths and the Baltimore Hawks. The Hawks have been the conference’s premier team for so long, this almost feels like the official passing of the torch type game. There should be a lot of points on the board in this one, as it features two of the top three scoring offenses in the league. The issue is going to be defensively, and its not good for the Hawks. The Wraiths can stop anyone, and they were dominant this season. The Hawks? Not so much. They allowed over 100 points more than the Wraiths this year. Yes, the Hawks beat Yellowknife 33-27 in Week 1 this season, but let’s not forget that they needed a 108 KO Return TD and a Pick 6 to do so. The chances of that happening again are not that high. The Wraiths won the second matchup 30-17, in a game that’s going to look a lot more similar to this Monday’s playoff game than the first one will. Give me the Wraiths to go to the Ultimus, with a 31-20 victory over the Hawks. (209)

Task 2 –Underdog – There is an incredibly good chance that the underdog Arizona Outlaws have a chance to ‘upset’ the first seeded Orange County Otters in tonight’s playoff game. I put that in quotes because I don’t think this is that much of a surprise. Arizona finished 9-4 in the regular season, while Orange County was 10-3. These teams split the season series 1-1, with the road teams surprisingly taking the victories. The Outlaws won 31-22 in OC on the strength of Andrew Reese’s 340 yards and 2 TDs. They lost 24-17 when Reese had 3 interceptions and played probably his worst game of the season, blowing a 17-0 lead. That’s why Arizona can win. They almost won Reese’s awful game, and after the season he’s had (where he should strongly be considered for MVP) it’s clear Arizona has a large advantage at the QB position. These two offenses are very close in scoring, but I think the Outlaws have the better players at just about every skill position. As for the defenses, the Outlaws weren’t *as* successful at stopping the other team from scoring as Orange County was, but they only allowed about 4 points more per game over the season. If these two teams play their game, and there isn’t unexpected fuckery, we could very well see the Arizona Outlaws walk out of Orange County with a victory and an Ultimus berth. (231)

Task 7 – Next Year – Steady improvement from Day One. That’s been the mantra of the Austin Copperheads since our inception. And, in three seasons, it’s been true to form. We have improved each and every season, with this season giving us some big wins and making the playoffs. So why will we be considered Ultimus contenders next year? We have a completely full, active team of players working hard to get that TPE for each other. Our team’s total TPE goes up by a great amount each and every week. We have my player, Easton Cole, breaking out as one of the top QBs in the league nowadays. And let’s not forget that our offense was VERY good and is only getting better. Austin’s issue this year was it’s defense, who needed to keep gaining TPE and get better. We have a few younger guys like Net Gaines and Xavien Adams who are stars, but need to keep training. That takes time. Our offense is going to continue to improve, and our defense is going to catch up as well. Everything is coming together for the Copperheads, and while we may not be the favorite going into the playoffs next season, anything can happen in those games, and we’ll have a great shot to get that title. (213)

Task 8 – Draft Focus – When I consider all of the good things that are happening in Austin, and all of the good players we have at every position, it’s really hard for me to figure on what we TRULY need in the draft. It honestly won’t matter this season, as we’ve traded our first rounder in S19, but had we kept the pick, I think the focus for us is getting another stud WR into the mix here. Easton Cole has shown how good he is with the weapons he has, but imagine just ONE more stud WR. Rod Tidwell is great, and with Ashley Owens, Mako Mendonaca, and Larsen at TE, it’s a great core. But let’s look at Anoai. He’s at regression now, and he’s only gotten up to 797 TPE. There’s not going to be a ton of time left for him on this NSFL Earth, and because of that we need to start thinking about his replacement, and fast. I’d love for us to draft a WR that will take over for him, because if we wait too long, the offense may skip a beat during the team’s “Ultimus winning prime”. Austin will need a new #2 WR sooner than later, so I think that’s where our draft focus should be. If we had a pick, anyway. (217)

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - ddrector - 11-11-2019

S18 Ultimus Week PT

7. Next year

The New Orleans Second Line might not have made the ultimus playoffs this season, but we showed some early season success this past season that we are on the way to competing with the upper echelon of the NSFL. One reason that we will see more success next season is that the defense will be stronger with players that were rookies this season like myself and Bjorn Ironside will have a lot more TPE at the start of the season. The defense should continue to get better with lots of young pieces still gaining TPE at a rapid rate. Also, Bjorn is currently training in the frozen north somewhere that I would never venture to and I expect him to come down from that mountain ready to dominate offensive lines all season. The other reason we will be much better next season is that we have multiple high draft picks and we will bring in some top talent in the draft that will make us better on both sides of the ball. I expect New Orleans to improve for the next few seasons and maybe even get in position to win an Ultimus or two soon. It’s an exciting time to be a member of the Second Line.

8. Draft Focus

I’m not sure what the general manager and scouting team are thinking as far as the draft is concerned, but I think we focus on the front seven as much as possible. We have a strong secondary, but we need a few more pieces along the line and linebackers to put our defense up to the next level. There are quite a few prospects in the upcoming s19 draft that could be useful to the Second Line defense. There’s a couple of studs at linebacker in Mach Arianlacher and Willie B. Hardagain that will instantly boost the talent level of the front seven. There’s also a player in the draft at defensive tackle named Tormund Bjornsson that I’m quite partial to, mostly because I want Bjorn and Bjornsson to be playing right next to each other on the line. I think that would be hilarious and the team could probably make some money creating items for the team store with Bjorn and Bjornsson the dynamic defensive line duo side by side. If we were gonna add a piece to the offense we couldn’t go wrong with a receiver or even a quarterback to groom behind Stan with how many quarterbacks there are in the class.

11. Trades

There were a lot of trades that happened with the New Orleans Second Line this season. I don’t want to get in the weeds about why the trades were made and who came out on top on each trade as that has already happened. I will simply focus on how the loss of a defensive player on this team at the beginning of the season greatly impacted our potential success. The trade of Brayden Ennis was a shock heard round the NSFL as a veteran member of our front seven was traded away before the season started. Ennis was the backbone of this defense and would have helped our run defense out immensely. The evidence of this is apparent in the fact that the Austin Copperheads got a chance to play in the Ultimus playoffs while the Second Line meme machine was sitting at home, or more likely training on a remote mountaintop. Imagine Bjorn Ironside and Brayden Ennis side by side for seasons to come as the interior of our defensive line. Running backs would cower in fear and offensive linemen would only be able to dream of pancakes as they wouldn’t be getting any against such a stout defensive front.

17. Robbed

The sim especially hated the New Orleans Second Line this season. After a hot 3-0 start to the season the sim decided the Second Line had enough wins and we suffered losses to teams that ended with losing records like the Colorado Yeti in week 4 at home. Everyone always talks about the home field advantage, but the sim had a different take on it in this game. The sim decided to give Stan Francisco, an almost maxed out quarterback five interceptions against the Yeti in week 4 in New Orleans. That’s just insane. The sim also decided the Second Line would lose 6 straight games to end the season. That included games against the Baltimore Hawks and Chicago Butchers. At worst I would expect a middle of the pack team like the Second Line to split these two games, but they ended up losing both. The sim can’t keep us down forever though. We will continue to improve and continue to add amazing talent that wants to be on the New Orleans Second Line and we will force the sim to not overlook us in the coming seasons. Most of all, we will take down those pesky Otters with their insanely high TPE defense.

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - UpperNet - 11-11-2019

7. Next year- the copperheads has been improving and there will only get better and you should expect them to have a ultimus appearance and the next few seasons. the copperheads will keep improving as they shown already. first on the offense they have the MVP caliber QB Easton Cole, Easton numbers are equal to Wraiths QB Cooter Bigsy and cole has Lower TPE then cooter too. next we have the offensive weapons Both Owen and Mendonca combined for 1,268 rushing yards and the young RB core will keep improving. on the receiving core we have veteran tidwell who had 1060 yards and 12 TDs and our star TE Larson had 403 yards but also contributed alot in the run game with 30 pancakes. and then we have the Defense filled with young talent the defense got potential to be the most deadly group I'm a few seasons. we have only have 2 players that is under s14! Our linebacking core has combined for 254 tackles. our Defensive Backs are deadly might be out best group on pit defense leading the way is potetinal Defensive player od the gear safety chase Jenson who is tied with the interception record with 10 interceptions! so dont be surprised if we in the Ultimus In the next few seasons.

3. All about the QB - This season of the ultimus we get to have the honor to seeing two very good Quarterbacks face off against eachother in the upcoming ultimus game. The wraiths and the Otter two leaders of the offense will face off and no further to do let's introduce the two QBs. In one side we have Cooter Bigsy and the other corner we have Franklin Armstrong the last season Ultimus champ. Cooter Bigsy came in the season having the most impressive Stats for quarterbacks. He leads the league with 4398 yards which place him first in yardage for QB. He also first in TDs producing a impressive 31 TDs. Dispite his large TD production he also managed to place the ball in the defender hands also with 13 interceptions which placed him in the middle with 5th in interceptions. Will cootsy keep up his dominating performance for Ultimus? And now we have the ultimus winning QB Franklin Armstrong. Armstrong has a insignificant amount of passing yards with only 2868 yards which places him way down at 3rd to last right over Mcdummy and Wright. Armstrong had also way less TDs with only 18 TDs but only turn the ball over 9 times. But does his stats tell the whole story? Dispite not having the best passing and "QB" stats Armstrong shown amazing skills as a runner using his feet. Armstrong racked up a bunch of rushing yards with 754 rushing yards and 9 TDS on the ground.

12. Sit down with a star - @Baron1898

N. Today's your last game and its I'm the ultimus. How do you feel about it?

B. It’s been a long and strange ride over my career. Definitely not as long as I’d thought it would be, and certainly not the way I’d hoped it play out, but I can’t imagine a better situation to be in right now for my retirement tour. Playing in the Ultimus for the very first time - hell, winning a game in the playoffs at all - it’s a wonderful capstone and I hope we complete this incredible Wraiths season with a trophy tonight.

N. Do you feel like you need to get a win out of this game? Would you be upset if the wraiths loss?

B. Like I said, this is the first time I’ve played in the playoffs and not been immediately sent home devastated. Obviously the 13-1 Marshal Law SA team and losing to Tijuana out of the gate in S14 stings the most, plus the S16 and S17 first round exits for Yellowknife. Sending me off with a ring, that’d be a dream come true. So I’ll definitely be devastated if I lose this game, but at least I’ve got something to hold on to in any case.

N. Are you satisfied how your career turnt out?

B. There’s a reason I retired far earlier than my peers.

N. Why did you choose to be a kicker as your recreate?

B. It came down between kicker and quarterback. After spending a lot of time in Yellowknife sharing snaps with Canton and Wizardry, I wanted to play a position with an undisputed starter job. I was leaning kicker anyways, because I felt that I could maintain an elite standard of kicking for a very long time and have a good shot at reaching some records and the Hall of Fame. The four quarterbacks in the S19 draft class only solidified this for me, since there clearly wouldn’t be room for a new starter anytime soon. So kicker I went.

0. PBE Affilated task - PBE PT

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - SabaDonutMan - 11-11-2019

1) Playoff Review
Today, I want to review a game in which I won. You know what I’m talking about, the one and only Ultimus. In the left corner we have the… Portland Pythons. They came off of an 11-3 season where they came second in the league’s standings to Tijuana. They had just beat Kansas City at home in the NFC championship to advance to the Ultimini. Know, in the right corner we have the…. San Antonio Marshals? Where is Tijuana? Where is the top ranked team in the DSFL? Oh wait, I almost forgot. The Marshals had upset the Luchadores in the SFC championship to advance to play Portland. I honestly wouldn’t be able to guess. If I had to make a prediction, I guess I would say the Pythons would win. Completely unbiased(Don’t fact check that). The game started as a back and forth in the first quarter until the Vega threw an absolute dime to McCormick the tight end. This made the score 7-0. The Pythons responded with a 38 yard field goal from Espinosa making the score 7-3. The second quarter was completely dominated by the Pythons. They had scored 10 unanswered points. The first 3 was off of an 18 yard field goal by Espinosa and the other 7 points was off of a pass from Cue to Dropson. The score was now 13 - 6 in the Pythons favor. Going into halftime the Marshals needed to find a way to turn this game around. However, if they made any changes it didn’t show in the 3rd quarter. The Pythons again scored 10 points this quarter making the score 23 - 7. Now in the 4th quarter the Marshals needed to come in clutch and win the game. However, that was not the case. Even though they held the Pythons scoreless, they were only able to score a field goal. With that, the game was over. The Portland Pythons have won the Ultimini with a score of 23 - 10.

3) All About QBs
Today the two quarterbacks we will be talking about are the two who made the Ultimini. Yes, we are talking about Jay Cue and Zack Vega. Let’s look at their stats in the regular season. How about we start with…. Vega. Due to a lot of the Marshal’s offense revolving around the run game he didn’t have as many opportunities to shine as some other qbs. However, even with the limited attempts he still put together an amazing season for a rookie. He threw for 2496 yards on 395 attempts. Also, He threw 11 touchdowns to 8 interceptions. This is a very similar statistical season to Cue’s rookie season. Could this be an indication for the future? Speaking of Cue, let’s look at his stats. Cue had astonishing stats this season. He threw for 2811 yards on 411 attempts. We can’t forget the touchdowns as he again tied the touchdowns record in a season with 22 on the year. He had lowered the amount of interceptions he had as he only threw for 7 this season. Now back to the Ultimini. I really hate to sound biased, but I have to say it. This game was completely dominated by Cue. He threw for 221 yards on 28 attempts and 2 touchdowns. Also, note that he didn’t throw a single interception. Vega on the other hand, did very poorly. He only threw for 122 yards on 27 attempts and he also threw for a single touchdown. Unfortunately, he also threw 2 interceptions that game. It is safe to say that Cue completely dominated this matchup.

12) Interview with a Star(Huskies)
1) How did you feel when the Pythons won the Ultimini
2) Were you surprised to see the Wraiths lose at home to the Otters?
3) Who do you think will win the Ultimus next season?
4) Your current team, the Hawks, have consistently made the postseason for a while. Do you see that streak ending?
5) What teams do you think will not make the playoffs next season?

1. I was extremely relieved at first. I’ve never won a championship at either level, and came off the previous season losing in a major upset against OCO. I really wanted to bring one to Portland. For everyone here who lost last season.

2. Not really. The sim hasn’t been kind to home teams in the playoffs. It has been extremely kind to OCO though. Baltimore is 2-7 in Ultimus’s, so I just think the sim has favorites.

3. I think the order right now should look like this - 1) OCO 2) YKW 3)Baltimore 4) Arizona 5) Colorado. Colorado is definitely a dark horse. NOLA has a shot too. There’s a lot of parity this season.

4. The streak won’t end yet. We’re 2nd in TPE in our conference. We likely have until S22, when our core is fully in regression, to compete.

5. That’s tough. I think Austin’s conference is just too competitive this year for them to really have a shot. It’s also likely Chicago is the worst team in the league, which is tough since they have no picks next year.
13) Interview with a Fan
http://nsfl.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=...ndpost&p=231484

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - KC15 - 11-11-2019

1) Playoff Predictions:

In the first playoff matchup of the season, the Luchadores of Tijuana host the Marshalls of San Antonio. As a member of the Luchadores, I would rather face any other team in the DSFL in our first round – even the 11-3 Portland Pythons. Even though they are only a 6-8 team, the squad from San Antonio is the only team to have beaten the Luchadores in the regular season. Most of the four regular season games were extremely close as well:

Week 3
Luchadores over Marshalls 14-11

Week 6
Marshalls over Luchadores 15-13

Week 11
Luchadores over Marshalls 26-18

Week 14
Luchadores over Marshalls 27-26

Over 4 games there were only 14 points separating the two teams – just a little over 3 points per game.

With all proper sacrifices to the gods of the sim, I am still predicting a win for Tijuana with a final score of 27-17.

Even though they were close, Tijuana found a way to win 3 out of 4 games and I think they will do so again. I think two things will be the difference. San Antonio’s strength on defense is against the pass. They had the second most interceptions in the league (14), but the second fewest tackles. Tijuana’s pass attack is good, but the real strength lies in its running game and that second fewest tackles will be telling in defending against the running game.

And Tijuana’s super strong defense. I just have a gut feeling that they are going to play strong tonight and seal the victory for the Luchadores.

5) Stupid Tiebreaker!

PBE Affiliate PT

6) Our Time

I do not want to tempt the sim gods, but I definitely feel that my team, the Tijuana Luchadores, should be considered the favorites to win the DSFL championship. In fact, I feel that tonight’s matchup will be the deciding factor. San Antonio played us the toughest all year in spite of their 6-8 overall record. Only 14 points separated the two teams over 4 games and San Antonio handed us our only loss of the season.

But we did end up beating them 3 out of 4 games and we did end up beating every single other team ever single time we faced them.

I believe we should be the favorites to win the championship because we had the best record at 13-1. We had the most dominant offensive line which notched the most pancakes (289 – a full 25 better than 2nd place Kansas City) and allowed the second fewest sacks at 8 – only 1 behind Portland. This dominant offensive made possible the most powerful 1-2 running tandom in the DSFL – Podolak (2nd in the league with 1392 yards) and Dotson (5th in the league with 1228 yards). Who do you key on? Only 164 yards in the year separate these two backs.

And then there is the defense: 1st in interceptions at 17, first in sacks at 26, first in passes defended at 49, second in tackles for loss at 51.

For a one-two knockout punch of offense and defense, Tijuana can’t be beat. But we have to get past those incredibly difficult Marshalls tonight to even have a chance at the championship.

19) OL Appreciation

First of all, kudos for a ultimus week PT that focuses on the offensive line! As a running back, I know that my success is so very much dependent on the talent and hard work of the line in front of me. I can make some hay out of nothing, but when the o-line is blowing huge holes for me I can really scamper for the big yards.

Our whole offensive line is fantastic, but I want to write about Ben Tu’inukuafe and he impact that I think he will have on the coming playoffs. I believe that he is going to lead the line in every category and open a clear road for us to the ultimate goal – the DSFL Championship!

During the season, Tu’inukuafe tied the season record for pancakes with 67. That record was set way back in 2019, but though it may be reflected as a tie, I believe Tu’inukuafe deserves the record outright. He allowed 0 sacks, while the bot in 2019 did let his QB be dumped on his watch.

I see Tu’inukuafe having the same kind of playoffs as his regular season – a plethora of pancakes and opened hole in the defensive line while protecting his QB all the way to the championship.

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Rising Equinox - 11-11-2019

1) Playoff Predictions, Reviews:

This always seems to be one of the most fun and interesting options for Ultimus Week. If I've learned anything since I joined the NSFL, it's that anything can happen in the sim, especially in the playoffs, and it's usually never exactly what you expect. The specific matchup I'd like to talk about and predict is The Orange County Otters vs. the Arizona Outlaws. The rematch of ASFC rivals continues. The past few seasons have been this exact same matchup, and each time, the road team has come out victorious. This is a great rivalry, and it has been proven that anyone could come out as the winner here. These are both great teams with great rosters. I'm obviously biased here, but I believe that the Otters will come out on top this time. When the Outlaws beat the Otters, in the past few playoffs, they have been blowout wins. I have no reason to believe that, with the defense the Otters have put together, the same thing will happen again. The Otters are only giving up 17.9 points per game, compared to the Outlaws 22.4. This may only be a few points, but when you consider how much that adds up to throughout an entire season, it just shows the gap between these defenses. I think this will be a defensive game, and the Otters will win and move on to the Ultimus.

2) Underdog:

The underdog story is such a great aspect of sports. It's amazing. No matter how small the chance, there is always exactly that, a chance. The matchup I'd like to discuss is the Baltimore Hawks @ the Yellowknife Wraiths. That Wraiths have been dominant this season. They only have two losses, the first and last game of the season. There is no reason to believe or really bet against them, but I just want to talk about why they shouldn't be considered the winner of this game before it even starts. I mentioned that they have only two losses, but what if I told you that one of those losses was to none other than the Baltimore Hawks themselves? It was a high scoring game, 33-27, and the Wraiths just couldn't keep up. That is exactly how I think the Hawks can win this game. The Hawk's defense is less than stellar this season, to say the least. It's one of the worst in the league. But, if the Hawks can get themselves in position to let their offense take control of this game, that is how they can win. They need to turn this game into a shootout if they want to have a chance. They can score just as much as any other team in the league, and they need to put up a lot of points to stay on top in this game.

3) All about the QBs:

[Image: LsRdQzs.jpg]

6) Our Time:

I'm sure everyone could and would make an argument for their own team and have, to a certain extent, justifiable reasons for why they think the way they do. I do believe the Otters can and will win the Ultimus this season. If we're up against the Wraiths, I don't think we should necessarily be looked at as the favorite to win, but we definitely can, and I believe we will. We may not have a flashy 11-2 record, but 10-3 is not far off at all. Yes, the Wraiths have been dominant, but so have the Otters. We've somehow managed to put up a 10-3 season in a very close division, without anyone really taking any notice of it. We won the Ultimus last season, and we are looking to repeat. There are several reasons why I think we can win the Ultimus. Of course, I am going into this as if our opponent in the Ultimus could be anyone, because it hasn't been decided at the time of this post. First, we have the most versatile QB in the league and possibly the most dynamic offense to go along with it. Our RB's have struggled this season, but this is the first season in a while that we've tried to incorporate a RBBC into the system, and I believe it will surprise a lot of people, whether that is in the Ultimus or seasons in the future, I don't know. We also have one of, if not, the best defenses in the NSFL. We knew our defense was going to be really good this season, but a lot of people outside the team didn't realize this before the season started. Our defense can win us games when it needs to, and in a game like the Ultimus, they will need to at their best, like they usually are.

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - scorycory - 11-11-2019

1.Playoff Predictions, Reviews:
Well the games tonight should be interesting, though Portland is the clear favorite over Kansas City. While Kansas City does have a solid offense with Orien Drake leading the way, Portland should easily win this game as they are a more balanced team. With Jay Cue, reigning MVP, and his top two targets of Jake Dropson and Sean O'Leary, the Coyotes shouldn't be able to keep up with our scoring. Especially considering we have a really solid defense as well, led by yours truly, Kacey Dream. With Willie B. Hardagain holding down the middle of the field and our solid secondary, we should handle KC 34-21.

On the flip side of things, the other game should be much more interesting. San Antonio is actually pretty closely matched with Tijuana, as they were the only team to hand Tijuana a loss this season. Even though it's an away game for them, I think San Antonio actually has a good shot at coming away with a win here, mostly off the back of their stud running game with Ruff Ruff and Mathias Hanyadi leading the way. If they can control the tempo of the game and run it down Tijuana's throat I anticipate a close and hard fought victory for San Antonio, with their offense dominating Tijuana, 24-21

4.Head to Head Matchups
I would like to highlight the matchup tonight between myself, Kacey Dream and Rayne Gordon, Kansas City's stud rookie wide receiver. I want to show why this isn't even going to BE a matchup, it's actually a mismatch in every way. I have enough speed to stick all over him, I'm stronger, faster and smarter. In the 4 games we've played against each other this season I've had 19 tackles, 4 pass deflections and an interception. Meanwhile he has had 16 receptions for 204 yards. So I've averaged just under 5 tackles per game to go with a pass deflection per game while he is averaging 4 catches for 51 yards per game. And this isn't even taking into consideration the fact that teams have thrown away from me more and more as the season has gone on. My first game against Kansas City I had 7 tackles 2 pass deflections and the interception. Even if I don't put up big numbers tonight I'll shut down whoever I am covering, which will probably be Rayne Gordon. Since one of their touchdowns against use was from a punt return, the Coyotes are only averaging 13.25 points per game against our defense. My ability to shut down their number one wide receiver is a big part of that and it's why we should once again be considered heavy favorites to win this game.

3.All about the QBs
Continuing the theme of the mismatch and covering our game tonight, I want to talk about the match-up between our quarterback, the reigning DSFL Most Valuable Player Jay Cue and Kansas City's quarterback Brock Phoenix. Now this is not shade against Brock by any means, he did put up the least impressive stats of any of the DSFL quarterbacks but his season was very comparable to that of the rest of the DSFL. Except for Jay Cue. With 22, Jay had 10 more touchdown passes than Brock's 12, hell, he had 9 more touchdown passes than the second place quarterback! He tied his own record for most DSFL TDs in a single season. He was second in yards with 2811, which was about 500 more than Brock who was sitting at 2384. On top of that, Jay had the highest passer rating in the league with 92 while Brock was sitting at 74, almost 20 points lower. Even looking past the statistics, Jay has more experience and a better arsenal of weapons at his disposal in stud wide receivers Jake Dropson and Sean O'Leary. Once again, no disrespect intended at all, but Jay Cue has a distinct advantage over Brock Phoenix, yet another reason we should be heavily favored to win our game tonight. Kansas City has had a fine season but unfortunately for them it ends tonight.

6. Our Time
This is our year, the year we finally take the Ultimini trophy home with us. I may not have been here last year when we suffered the tragic defeat against Tijuana in the championship, but I have felt the pain and regret it has left in the hearts of my teammates and I aim to change that this year. I know we have struggled to beat Tijuana thus far this year but we have played them extremely close every game, even on their home turf. And to top that off, we have gotten better and better as this season has gone on, with 3 of the very best rookies of the Season 19 class, me Kacey Dream, Sean O'Leary and Willie B Hardagain. I've already touched on how big of a difference I can make in a game and I fully expect to take their top wide receiver Jordan McCann III out of the picture. Meanwhile Sean will put the heat on Tijuana's second cornerback Zach Bailey, who he easily outclasses. With Jay Cue dishing out the balls between O'Leary and Dropson, we should be able to put the heat on their defense. The pressure will be on our defense to contain them, but we should be up to the challenge. And that's even if Tijuana manages to get past San Antonio, who already beat them once this year! Either way, I think the chances of us bringing that trophy home are pretty freaking good.

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Ry_ - 11-11-2019

8. Draft Focus

There's a ton of holes with the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers right now. We've got the running backs and quarterback under control; we also have an active offensive lineman so there's that. But other than that... we need some help. To be honest, there's no really specific need that the Buccaneers need. Our GMs have the ability to pick and choose based on overall ability and not just based on a position we're lacking. I think we're going to need a ton of help if we're going to have any chance of competing next year, but picking up some solid defensive contributors, a wide receiver or two, and just anyone else who will be remotely active will help the team a ton. Right now we're sitting at six active players; two RBs, one WR, one OL, one QB, and one DE. Having just ONE active defensive player is pretty disappointing, so above all else we need a strong defensive draft to help us win at least a couple more games than last year. I'm pretty sure our top RB is going up, so if I'm all that's left at RB there might be a possibility of drafting someone to either back me up or possibly overtake me... I'm not the best earner, but I hope I've earned a starting job next year.
Code:
221 words

9. Enemies

While I don't hate the guy, someone who I'd call my rival(even if he doesn't know it) is Jed Podolak. I have some good connections with him over in the PBE, but in here it's straight business; this guy is good. He came into the league, like me, as a waiver wire pickup, but his success has been MUCH more pronounced. He's dominated basically every game he's been in, has an incredible athletic gift with just how fast he is, and is just a great running back. It also doesn't help he was placed on such an incredible team like the Luchadores, and I'm over here on a team that's being considered to become a bot team(albeit we play like one already). While I've only played two games, we have had a head to head matchup, back in week 13 of the DSFL. I recorded eight carries on thirty-five yards while he notched up 21 carries, 106 yards, and a touchdown on the way to a Luchadores blowout. My prediction for their upcoming playoff game against the Marshals(it might have already been played however) is that the Marshals shock the world and pick up their second win against the Luchadores. While Tijuana is 13-1, their one loss came to the Marshals and San Antonio could obviously pick up a second dub against them. I predict Podolak runs 16 times for 62 yards and zero scores, as San Antonio bottles him up on the way to victory.
Code:
228 words

10. Rivalries

Darrel's only played two games so far, so there isn't really any team that's angered Darrel. At least looking at this year's schedule, the one team that's always frustrated Myrtle Beach is Norfolk. While Norfolk is only 3-11 this year and way out of the playoff picture like us, two of their three wins came against us. More frustrating is that both of those wins were blowouts. It's bad enough to lose against a bad team. It's even worse to lose multiple games against bad teams. It's even worse than that when you lose multiple games against the same bad team. The absolute worst is when you lose multiple games against the same team and you get absolutely clobbered in both games. There's no denying that. When you allow 70 points and score 26, as well as lose by three scores in both games, you know you've been destroyed. Norfolk is our rival, just because we know we probably can't beat anyone else consistently yet. But to have lost these games in this fashion is just crushing. I think with some new pieces, continued activity, and if Norfolk takes a step back, this rivalry could get much more competitive, which would definitely benefit the DSFL. These blowouts will hopefully switch sides next season.

Code:
214 words

17. Robbed

Look, you might see our record and think I'm joking. "A player on a 2-12 team thinks his team was robbed because they didn't make the playoffs? This guy's joking and a joke." While Myrtle Beach makign the playoffs seems less likely than your computer spontaneously exploding while your reading this final Ultimus task, there actually was a real path to the playoffs. Let's start with the obvious; if Myrtle Beach is making the playoffs, we have to be replacing San Antonio. They're the worst playoff team this year, we already beat them twice, and are overall our best chance to sneak in. How do we make up these four wins to replace the 6-8 Marshals? Well, thankfully we actually need to make up three. In this scenario, the offense doesn't actually disappear in week 4 and beats the Marshals, now making our teams 3-11 and 5-9. The following week, the Buccaneers do the impossible; they beat the Tijuana Luchadores. Look, you might think I'm crazy. How in the world could the worst team beat the best team when their real records were 11 wins off in a fourteen game season? Well, the Bucs actually only lost this game by 4. When the Luchadores lineup on third and 6, the Buccaneers don't go offsides, the play doesn't become third and 1, and the Luchadores two yard pass forces a punt. The Buccaneers dominate the rest of the drive and win the game. Finally, in a new and improved season, I assume the Buccaneers find a way to actually beat Norfolk and add a fifth win to their total. This secures the Buccaneers as a playoff team, and the impossible becomes possible; Myrtle Beach makes the playoffs.

Code:
291 words

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Rublic - 11-11-2019

SHL CW