International Simulation Football League
*A Discussion about Depression and Sim Leagues - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *A Discussion about Depression and Sim Leagues (/showthread.php?tid=16414)

Pages: 1 2

*A Discussion about Depression and Sim Leagues - Eco - 11-15-2019

(11-15-2019, 08:08 AM)SwagSloth Wrote:But maybe there are others who can relate to this, just as I was able to relate to Jiggly’s post. And maybe this type of discussion is good for the league.

Agree with this 100%. This is one of the posts that I can relate to and I am just glad you are staying with us.

*A Discussion about Depression and Sim Leagues - IsaStarcrossed - 11-15-2019

I just want you to know that we're all here as a community for you man. I respect the hell out of you and I was actually a little sad when I heard you might be stepping down. You've always struck me as one of the better guys in the league and I love seeing you about in the chats. I know your team loves you and that says a lot about you as a whole. I know it took a lot to post this and I absolutely appreciate it. Much like other offers here, if you ever need to talk about league stuff or just in general hit me up. You or anyone else. My door is always open.

*A Discussion about Depression and Sim Leagues - Sweetwater - 11-15-2019

Definitely wish I'd have done a nicely thought-out and well-written post instead of having a drunken breakdown live on stream.

*A Discussion about Depression and Sim Leagues - slothfacekilla - 11-15-2019

Fellow sloth bro, thank you for writing this. I know we don't talk much but I've always enjoyed you in this league and respect the hell out of you. I respect you even more after that well written post.

I know how it is to deal with mental health issues, so you are more than welcome to ever reach out, even if it is just to chat about random stuff to get your mind off things. I have always struggled in the past to reach out to others but I know how destructive that can be. But you have a lot of love in this league from what I can tell, and you deserve it!

*A Discussion about Depression and Sim Leagues - AW13 - 11-15-2019

For since I've been in sim leagues I've seen you around and always had good conversations with you whether it be trades or anything else! You awesome for not only coming out and saying all this but just for doing what you do!

*A Discussion about Depression and Sim Leagues - SwagSloth - 11-15-2019

Thank you to every one who commented and PMed me. I genuinely appreciate the support.

*A Discussion about Depression and Sim Leagues - SwagSloth - 11-15-2019

(11-15-2019, 01:25 PM)Sweetwater Wrote:Definitely wish I'd have done a nicely thought-out and well-written post instead of having a drunken breakdown live on stream.
To be fair, you had access to bigger audience than I do.

If I was streaming on Twitch yesterday and let things fly, who knows what I would have said. A live mic is a scary thing sometimes. That said, I have mad respect for you, Sweet, and deeply appreciate you as a person.

*A Discussion about Depression and Sim Leagues - br0_0ker - 11-15-2019

As someone who has only recently come to the decision to seek therapy and was diagnosed with moderate depression as well, and am currently in the beginning stages of what I imagine is a longer-than-I-want-it-to-be road ahead, a lot of what you wrote resonates with me. This league has given me an avenue to fiddle with stats, to write creatively, and most of all serves as a distraction from the real world struggles that plague each and every one of us daily. Thank you for this post, and thank you for the time committed to making a source of FREE entertainment better, for all of us.

*A Discussion about Depression and Sim Leagues - ADwyer87 - 11-15-2019

I feel you. I've been dealing with depression a long time, and it really sucks. I know we had some discussion about GM, for what its worth you do me really proud as an Outlaws GM, I know they're not my team, but they'll always be my team, and I think you're one of the best GMs right now.

I definitely get how hard it can be to be a GM and a QB. Its a cursed combo. There were many times i debated retiring because I felt like I was holding back the team, and this was when we were winning ships left and right! Its hard not to take a lot of that personally, even though it really is just the sim being dumb like 99% of the time.

Hopefully you feel like you can talk to me if you need help, or just to vent. My DMs are always open to anyone and everyone who is struggling.