International Simulation Football League
Change Predictions - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: Change Predictions (/showthread.php?tid=17006)

Pages: 1 2 3

Change Predictions - Duilio05 - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 10:28 AM)Raven Wrote:The solution to point 1 would be to post, every week seperately, but at the start of the season. That's always the way I would have done it in my head.

So much this. but then the next complaint PTT will get is that the PT area is fucking cluster mess of prediction threads. So need a new subforum for all the open prediction threads. but then you'll get boomers complaining they can't find the predictions thread and that they're missing their TPE. once again boomers runing it for everyone else.

Change Predictions - Opera_Phantom - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 04:40 PM)IsaStarcrossed Wrote:On a more personal note, I also like the current system because my predictions change regularly. Who I would think wins Monday isn't always who I think will win come Wednesday. In fact, my mental predictions rarely survive a full day. I like the ability to see what happens as things progress through the week and base my predictions off of that.

It would make it better and even more unpredictable if you sent your predictions Sunday for the whole week because of that. Especially early season games where you have no idea what's going to happen lol

Besides doing it once a week, it should be something more like trivia. Create an account called predictions, make a thread starting saturday morning for example and send your predictions to the account. If someone can't do it until the monday games, they can do it for the wednesday and friday games using the same MO

Change Predictions - Huskies311 - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 11:38 AM)Opera_Phantom Wrote:It would make it better and even more unpredictable if you sent your predictions Sunday for the whole week because of that. Especially early season games where you have no idea what's going to happen lol

Besides doing it once a week, it should be something more like trivia. Create an account called predictions, make a thread starting saturday morning for example and send your predictions to the account. If someone can't do it until the monday games, they can do it for the wednesday and friday games using the same MO

Actually now th at Raven mentions it, instead of one post we could just do three separate posts at once for the week and close them at different times.

Change Predictions - Toasty - 12-19-2019

I feel like this is brought up every season and nothing ever comes from it

Change Predictions - Huskies311 - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 11:51 AM)Toasty Wrote:I feel like this is brought up every season and nothing ever comes from it

Yea but I like I said I do have a few changes coming out for the offseason, two of them were suggestions straight from here. I’m definitely looking to improve the way we do things

Change Predictions - PaytonM34 - 12-19-2019

1 Post that goes up on Saturday, games for Monday + Wednesday, closes Monday night

1 Post that goes up on Wednesday for the double header on Fridays, closes Fridays

Reduces 1 pick thread, gets people online in the middle of the week, and makes each one worth equal TPE to each other. EZ fix

Change Predictions - MrStennett - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 11:36 AM)Duilio05 Wrote:So much this. but then the next complaint PTT will get is that the PT area is fucking cluster mess of prediction threads. So need a new subforum for all the open prediction threads. but then you'll get boomers complaining they can't find the predictions thread and that they're missing their TPE. once again boomers runing it for everyone else.

You're damn right. I'll ruin whatever I want in the name of sameness.

Change Predictions - Moosecop - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 11:38 AM)Opera_Phantom Wrote:It would make it better and even more unpredictable if you sent your predictions Sunday for the whole week because of that. Especially early season games where you have no idea what's going to happen lol

I'm a fan of this idea. Something that opens on Sunday for all the games but if you miss one there's still a chance to hit the later games. In SHL they put a Google sheet in their post and you fill out your predictions with your username and a key word. Could do something similar to that.

Change Predictions - IsaStarcrossed - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 10:44 AM)Huskies311 Wrote:Actually now th at Raven mentions it, instead of one post we could just do three separate posts at once for the week and close them at different times.

This is actually the ideal situation for everyone.

Change Predictions - Eco - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 09:57 AM)PaytonM34 Wrote:double header on Fridays
Double headers are on Monday, read the schedule smh my head