International Simulation Football League
Scorycory Mod Abuse Punishment - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Punishments (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+--- Thread: Scorycory Mod Abuse Punishment (/showthread.php?tid=18150)

Pages: 1 2 3

Scorycory Mod Abuse Punishment - jeffie43 - 02-07-2020

I figure people might brush me off and say that I'm just trying to defend my GM, so I'll start off by saying that the punishment is fair and completely justified. What Cory did wasn't really okay and something that was done in the heat of the moment and done without thinking ahead.

But as a wiki grader I noticed that there was a Norfolk player who edited my post denying him due to a lack of words/content. Whether it be as a joke or not, it's still abusing power and I was unaware of the consequences until now.

http://nsfl.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=...ndpost&p=242703

Is the post in question.

However, after this punishment I've decided to come out and say something about this. I was told HO was notified but I guess nothing happened, resulting in a big question mark from my end. Aside from the "mod abuse" I fail to understand how this user didn't end up getting punished. This was a TPE task that was edited to make it look like it was done (Poorly edited, yes, but edited nonetheless). Whether it was done as a joke, it was done on a TPE post and there were people involved that ended up doing more than they had to just to make sure there wasn't any TPE scandals going on. I fail to understand how a joke edit on a post gets a public punishment compared to a guy who pretty much could've gotten away with cheating on a PT task if people weren't paying close attention.

If HO decided to not punish Herb at all, I'm disappointed to say the least. If they forgot about it or postponed a punishment in order to focus on this matter, I understand, but if Cory's actions were considered a punishable offense I fail to understand how editing a post that had TPE tied in is not considered similar if not worse.

Oh yeah, and Scorp sux.

Scorycory Mod Abuse Punishment - RainDelay - 02-07-2020

He was spitting facts though

Scorycory Mod Abuse Punishment - Nokazoa - 02-07-2020

The only mod abuse I do is crush peoples dreams in GFX

Scorycory Mod Abuse Punishment - ScorpXCracker - 02-07-2020

(02-07-2020, 06:09 PM)jeffie43 Wrote:I figure people might brush me off and say that I'm just trying to defend my GM, so I'll start off by saying that the punishment is fair and completely justified. What Cory did wasn't really okay and something that was done in the heat of the moment and done without thinking ahead.

But as a wiki grader I noticed that there was a Norfolk player who edited my post denying him due to a lack of words/content. Whether it be as a joke or not, it's still abusing power and I was unaware of the consequences until now.

http://nsfl.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=...ndpost&p=242703

Is the post in question.

However, after this punishment I've decided to come out and say something about this. I was told HO was notified but I guess nothing happened, resulting in a big question mark from my end. Aside from the "mod abuse" I fail to understand how this user didn't end up getting punished. This was a TPE task that was edited to make it look like it was done (Poorly edited, yes, but edited nonetheless). Whether it was done as a joke, it was done on a TPE post and there were people involved that ended up doing more than they had to just to make sure there wasn't any TPE scandals going on. I fail to understand how a joke edit on a post gets a public punishment compared to a guy who pretty much could've gotten away with cheating on a PT task if people weren't paying close attention.

If HO decided to not punish Herb at all, I'm disappointed to say the least. If they forgot about it or postponed a punishment in order to focus on this matter, I understand, but if Cory's actions were considered a punishable offense I fail to understand how editing a post that had TPE tied in is not considered similar if not worse. 

Oh yeah, and Scorp sux.

How is an inactive user editing their own post that they didnt claim comparable to an active user editing someone else's post

Scorycory Mod Abuse Punishment - Nokazoa - 02-07-2020

(02-07-2020, 06:22 PM)ScorpXCracker Wrote:How is an inactive user editing their own post that they didnt claim comparable to an active user editing someone else's post
"Any user who abuses moderation powers in order to alter (without receiving prior permission) another user's post, topic, or reply will be given the following punishments"
bc the rules dont say it matters if they are active or inactive? What an odd point.

(02-07-2020, 06:22 PM)ScorpXCracker Wrote:How is an inactive user editing their own post that they didnt claim comparable to an active user editing someone else's post

Pretty brave of you to claim someone's inactive when they were online on the forums a couple of days ago.

They still edited a post that had TPE tied in, who knows, maybe down the road they try to claim it. How am I supposed to know what they had in mind. All I know is that the facts state that he was editing something he shouldn't have been as it could lead to cheating TPE and it went unpunished despite being brought up.

and if you wanna bring it up like that, how is someone adding scorp sucks to a reply comparable to a user editing a post that is/could be used to claim TPE?

Scorycory Mod Abuse Punishment - Ephenssta - 02-07-2020

(02-07-2020, 05:22 PM)ScorpXCracker Wrote:How is an inactive user editing their own post that they didnt claim comparable to an active user editing someone else's post

Well one is editing a comment into a meme which, while it is probably abusing the power, isn't really comparable to someone actually attempting to cheat the system to pick up TPE. Punishing the one that isn't TPE fraud while looking the other way on one that is TPE fraud would be a pretty terrible way to moderate the game.

Scorycory Mod Abuse Punishment - gucci - 02-07-2020

I sincerely hope Chicago, Philly, and Portland don't get this butthurt when I do articles on their teams next.

Guess Teyon was right and I should put a disclaimer at the top in the future.

As for those of you who don't know what a moderator is, it's someone given extra privileges on the forums. Changing your post to try and steal TPE is wrong and should be punished if he tries to claim that TPE at any point. Otherwise as a former PT team member I know that players try to edit their posts after the fact all of the time (especially on predictions). I usually just ignored them because it's obvious and I've never seen a PT team member mess that up when grading them. However, editing somebody else's post is something you can't do as a moderator unless you make your edits clear. Idk if it should've been punished or not because it was clearly a meme, but 2 million and no mod permissions for 2.5 weeks isn't really even a punishment. Certainly no reason to crowd into the thread and act like babies about it.

Scorycory Mod Abuse Punishment - Ephenssta - 02-07-2020

(02-07-2020, 06:03 PM)gucci Wrote:I sincerely hope Chicago, Philly, and Portland don't get this butthurt when I do articles on their teams next.

I sincerely hope you don't accuse every other team of tampering just because their locker room is more fun than yours.

(02-07-2020, 07:03 PM)gucci Wrote:I sincerely hope Chicago, Philly, and Portland don't get this butthurt when I do articles on their teams next.

Guess Teyon was right and I should put a disclaimer at the top in the future.

As for those of you who don't know what a moderator is, it's someone given extra privileges on the forums. Changing your post to try and steal TPE is wrong and should be punished if he tries to claim that TPE at any point. Otherwise as a former PT team member I know that players try to edit their posts after the fact all of the time (especially on predictions). I usually just ignored them because it's obvious and I've never seen a PT team member mess that up when grading them. However, editing somebody else's post is something you can't do as a moderator unless you make your edits clear. Idk if it should've been punished or not because it was clearly a meme, but 2 million and no mod permissions for 2.5 weeks isn't really even a punishment. Certainly no reason to crowd into the thread and act like babies about it.

I seriously hope you don't think that your article spawned this, lol. I highly recommend you read what I said in my initial post in case you missed some parts. Nobody's thinking about you in this thread and we're mostly up in arms about the fact that our GM got punished when there was clearly another player who did something we considered similar.

Also I don't think anyone was complaining about Cory's punishment...so what's your point? Did you come here to talk about your article or something?