International Simulation Football League
*Rose Jenkins Post-Game - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Rose Jenkins Post-Game (/showthread.php?tid=20707)

Pages: 1 2

*Rose Jenkins Post-Game - retrospace111 - 04-02-2020

(04-02-2020, 07:44 AM)Lightnoir Wrote:My only point is that I feel like this community has taken its pound of flesh. I know what it's like to get dragged through the court of public opinion. And it's not something that's fair. I just want to show empathy for someone who I'm not seeing get any. And everyone is worth empathy.

I mean if you paid any attention to the events of the past week or two, then...

I don't even know what to say lmao

*Rose Jenkins Post-Game - Isidore94 - 04-02-2020

Can we all just stop lol

*Rose Jenkins Post-Game - IsaStarcrossed - 04-02-2020

(04-02-2020, 01:18 AM)Feeler Wrote:If it's not about a payout, why is it posted in media instead of retirements? I don't have a problem or opinion on anything other than that.

Thanks for your opinion though, very valuable.

Because he has to wait until after the Ultimus to retire if Chicago is going to keep Jenkins for another season by league rules.

*Rose Jenkins Post-Game - retrospace111 - 04-02-2020

(04-02-2020, 09:14 AM)IsaStarcrossed Wrote:Because he has to wait until after the Ultimus to retire if Chicago is going to keep Jenkins for another season by league rules.

Could jiggly have not posted it in the retirement section and said, I'm going to retire after the ultimus? Or jiggly could have just waited a week? There are other places to post these types of threads. Media is for media that should be graded

(04-02-2020, 08:26 AM)retrospace111 Wrote:Could jiggly have not posted it in the retirement section and said, I'm going to retire after the ultimus? Or jiggly could have just waited a week? There are other places to post these types of threads. Media is for media that should be graded

No he couldn't. The moment you post in retirement, you're considered retired. Media is for anyone who wants to get out a story, whatever that story may be.

*Rose Jenkins Post-Game - TomHanks - 04-02-2020

Imagine taking time out of your day to shit on someone for expressing themselves creatively in the creative expression section of the forum

This is what I'll say in conclusion and not add anymore.

1. What Jiggly did here was impressive. He did an homage to a poem that he liked and appreciated while changing things and making it his own. Did he take the idea and copy the formatting? Sure. But a large portion of this was change to fit Jiggly's world and Jiggly's expression. I ran this through a plagiarism program comparing it to the original poem and it came back at less than 9%. So you guys can back off. Jiggly put some work into this.

2. Whatever you decide to do in the future, good luck to you. I've never spoken to you much and my overall exposure to you has been limited, but you've always been pleasant in the times our path crossed. You've never really gone out of your way to insult or attack people and your only real crime has been being overwhelmingly passionate about the things you love. Be that Chicago or anime, you stand by your passions ferociously. There is something to respect about that. I hope you find the happiness you're looking for and I'm sorry our community hasn't been exactly kind to you over the years. Wish you the best!

*Rose Jenkins Post-Game - Tesla - 04-02-2020

Given Isastarcrossed, Lightnoir, and TomHanks covered the rest of the conversation well enough I feel; I will just say I think this is a good sendoff for a good character Jiggly.

Jiggly I just want to say I support you doing what is best for yourself. I wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors! You also have my discord so do feel free to keep in touch. Hope things get better for you.

*Rose Jenkins Post-Game - Thor - 04-02-2020

(04-02-2020, 06:14 AM)IsaStarcrossed Wrote:Because he has to wait until after the Ultimus to retire if Chicago is going to keep Jenkins for another season by league rules.

I appreciate you explaining that for me, I wasn't aware that was how it works.

*Rose Jenkins Post-Game - 37thchamber - 04-03-2020

Let's be real, homages and parodies are common here. Some even get paid a bonus.

I'm not finna pay back my media money so y'all need to chill, yo.